Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- nu1mlock - 2009-04-12

Noone has any idea why my movies won't get any cover or fanart after a scan with MIP, even though they had before the scan?

And noone knows why MIP has owerwritten all my .nfo's even though I did NOT tick that box when using "Auto Pilot" (see my last thread on previous page for more info)?

nu1mlock

- fekker - 2009-04-12

nu1mlock Wrote:Hello!

I tried MIP for the first time yesterday. It seems pretty easy to use.

However, when I scanned my collection of movies and then re-scanned my content from whithin XBMC, a LOT of the previous covers and fanart was gone! 98% (yes, 98%) of my movies won't show any Studio-flags or anything. Many do, however, show Media Format (BlyRay & HDDVD). Still, most of the movies won't.

I've tried to delete the library and start fresh with a new scan of my content, but the problem is still there.

Also, MIP won't find almost any info of my movies, so Media Flagging doesn't really work. However, I belive this is because 99% of my movies are rar'ed, and I guess MIP doesn't unpack the files to search the video for resolution and such.

This is the look of my collection:

/Movies/
/The.Matrix.1999.1080p.HDDVD.x264-GROUP/
/fanart.jpg
/movie.nfo
/The.Matrix.1999.1080p.HDDVD.x264-GROUP.nfo
/the.matrix.1999.1080p.hddvd.x264-GROUP.part01.rar -> part86.rar
/The.Matrix.1999.1080p.HDDVD.x264-hV-fanart.jpg (same as fanart.jpg)

This movie does NOT have Studio, resolution or sound-tag. It does, however, have Format-tag (HDDVD). It also doesn't have a cover or fanart. And there's no way of choosing one.

Since MIP have overwritten all my scene-nfo's WITHOUT me ticking that box when running "Auto Pilot", there's no going back to before either.

Any ideas?

EDIT: And yes, all my movies do have BluRay or HDDVD in their foldername, except some with BD9 instead (these, I know won't have any Format-tag).

nu1mlock

MIP will not overwrite an invalid .nfo file, it will however rename it after it grabs the imdbid from within that file. If you where using a test version, that may have happened.. the release build is actually really annoying in that it will always make a copy. What version of mip are you using?

rar files are not supported, and I have no intention of adding media info scanning for those, there's too many variants, the possiblity of corruption in the archive, other crap in there that's not the video.. just not something I am going to mess with.

Of course if you wanna make a patch that adds that support, i'm all for it

so for your media information from mip is not really going to work.. mip can still handle all the other files.

i see in another post there's other questions about where content is and about fanart and other items not working.

please pick a movie where your fanart is not showing, and provide me a list of all the files and folder name that you'r using.. also need to know what version of xbmc your running.

- fekker - 2009-04-12

hikaricore Wrote:I've looked a few times and not found an option to do so, but how do I get MIP to leave my scene nfos the hell alone? lol
It's not overwriting any of them but still insists on renaming them. >.>

i don't think that's an option at this point if those .nfo files are the ones that xbmc is looking for when importing media those are the ones that mip generates.

if you disabled .nfo creation all together in mip, it's still going to move that file so that it will not overwrite the data in it.
try making one read only and see if it still forces it to a new name, with the .nfo creation options disabled.

- fekker - 2009-04-12

Bob___ Wrote:Is it for sure that everything is working again at TVDB? With MIP i get everytime only a "no show data exists for the following shows" No

tvdb is having some problems again, wait abit and try it again.

you may have to remove the 0k files.. or run the command line tool, that should kill those off (i think)

I'll see about adding more checks for that area in both command line and the gui

- fekker - 2009-04-12

midgetspy Wrote:Does the filtering stuff work for anybody? For me if I click "Movies without fanart" or whatever nothing happens even though it should filter out basically all my movies.

hmm.. i haven't touched that code in forever (as far as updated go, it's been the same code since early mip 1 days).. so it should work correctly.

anyone else having problems with it?
do the other ones work?

are you using file level or folder level movies?

- fekker - 2009-04-12

MaxNL Wrote:Fekker,

just a quick question, do you think it could be possible for mip to just connect directly to xbmc database an do he insert, update work also in there so... voilĂ  xbmc updated.....

bye
Max

While it's not impossible to do that, i'm not sure it's something I'll do. If someone wants to code that section, go for it, it would be handy.

- fekker - 2009-04-12

maui917 Wrote:I do have the last modified date set to 1 day, but yes its a brand new episode from last night.

The file name for the show: 30.Rock.S03E17.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi
Name of the Show: 30 Rock
Language: English

checking on that one

- fekker - 2009-04-12

Weavus Wrote:One thing you could do with IMDB searching is use the imdb title search (just add s=tt to the url). It seems as if currently the program is also brining back video games and other things so it looks like you are currently doing a general search.

I've added this to build 2865 (not yet released) ..

It seems that the best way to name the movie folder to get the exact match is

Moviename (year)
example
Duplicity (2009)

of course, if you don't know the year, no problem, it'll still display the dialog box so you can pick the right one

in addition, the imdbid.txt file is now in build 2865.. if enabled in the settings it will generate this file if it does not exist, and it adds that file to those that it will look for when scanning for a movie. This file will be updated if you change the imdbid for the movie or save the movie info manually

- Hitcher - 2009-04-12

nu1mlock Wrote:However, I belive this is because 99% of my movies are rar'ed, and I guess MIP doesn't unpack the files to search the video for resolution and such.

Any ideas?

Right click > Extract here.

- hikaricore - 2009-04-12

fekker Wrote:i don't think that's an option at this point if those .nfo files are the ones that xbmc is looking for when importing media those are the ones that mip generates.

if you disabled .nfo creation all together in mip, it's still going to move that file so that it will not overwrite the data in it.
try making one read only and see if it still forces it to a new name, with the .nfo creation options disabled.

Right yea but there's no chance of it overwriting them.
MIP saves movie.nfo and should have no reason to touch release nfos which are named with the file.
XBMC reads movie.nfo and only touches the other nfo files when scraping without a valid nfo file.

I'm just tired of it renaming my nfos files for no valid reason.
Please consider adding an option to leave them be.

- nu1mlock - 2009-04-12

Hitcher Wrote:Right click > Extract here.

Yeah, I could do that, but it is quite a job to extract 150+ 1080p movies and then also delete the archives afterwards.

nu1mlock

- Weavus - 2009-04-12

fekker Wrote:I've added this to build 2865 (not yet released) ..
in addition, the imdbid.txt file is now in build 2865..
Fantastic, thanks for the quick turnaround on these couple of suggestions!

- Dilligaf - 2009-04-12

Fekker, I don't know if you realize this but your sig. points to an old version of MIP. This may confuse someone just joining this thread.

Mike

- Necromancyr - 2009-04-12

I tried searching...and unfortunately wasn't able to find what I needed and I've tried a few different things and can't get this to work properly.

The issue is on an original import, some excess characters were left in my movie names. All of my movies are name as follows : Movie name [Year] (IMDB).

Now, I went back and realized why this happened and have the proper ignores setup - (*) is turned on and another one for /[*/] is as well.

However, while clicking on a movie with download setup, then clicking change 'fixes' the movie title name (in editable title), running autopilot doesn't change them.

Now I may be misunderstanding a setting - is the 'rename movie' the setting that allows this? My first assumption is that will actually rename the movie file - which I don't want...I just want the movie title in XBMC to be the movie name only.

Thanks in advance.

- fekker - 2009-04-13

Test build only - this is for testing and not considered a stable build
- testing more compressed way and different handling of installer to shrink the install package
- does include updated poster information for impawards, the format changed on the site, adds in all the missing posters
- adds imdbid.txt and additional error handling
- updates freecovers api so it doesn't crash when the site is down
http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/MediaInfoPlus_build2865_installer_test.zip

more details will follow as well as some patches after the holiday