Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-04-22

midgetspy Wrote:Fekker I tried 2861 last night and the filters still don't seem to work for file-level movies. Was this fixed already or is this still on the list? I'd like to, for example, be able to list movies without fanart but selecting it just gives me my whole movie list.

The file level filters are fixed in 2878, which wasn't released yet.

I am doing some regression testing on the next release (2880), which includes those fixes and others, and should have a build ready soon.

Quote:Thank you for the great response!

(1) I'm running the newest build on your website, which installed as 2.0.1.2861, should that minor UI bug be fixed in this release?
honestly i don't remember, but the next release 2880 has the fix in it.

Quote:(4) I understand your workflow, however, I'm still missing something... Why does MIP reload everything when scrolling from one movie to another, after the "Load Movies, Pre-Cache, Auto-Pilot" is all complete (in that order as well).
when you change movies, it changes what items are available, so the gui tells you it's loading them.. it doesn't mean downloading, just loading into the gui. Getting (parsing all the different areas in which images are stored).. loading (loading those images into the gui) .. downloading (with the big ole dialog) is downloading from the internet.

Quote:(NEW Q) I'm not sure if this is a bug; however, I have disabled/unchecked the option "Create fanart.jpg" and yet I still have fanart being created.
it's fixed somewhere between 2860 and 2872.. wait for 2880.

with 2880, I am going to make full installers and patches, with that in mind, all other versions will be pulled to help keep the number of different versions in check.

Quote:Also, is there an "unattended" mode with closest-match algorithm planned (similar to XBMC's own method of scraping for all movies)? The user could then return to the completed results and edit any mistakes much quicker than having a process that stops and waits for the user upon each cycle?

Thanks again!
There was, folks didn't like it pulling the wrong info, so i turned that off and require selection of the correct movie. This also cleaned up a bunch of files that I used to use for that process, decreasing the install size and .xml file requirements.

After initial configuration the pick the correct movie makes more sense, it just takes abit more time to do.

- RKMFlorida - 2009-04-22

Quote:There was, folks didn't like it pulling the wrong info, so i turned that off and require selection of the correct movie. This also cleaned up a bunch of files that I used to use for that process, decreasing the install size and .xml file requirements.

After initial configuration the pick the correct movie makes more sense, it just takes abit more time to do.

IMHO, and with a collection of 550 movies, it's quite the opposite. It's just to disruptive to have the pause in-between each, it would literally take over a week to catalog them. On the other hand, if it used a "weighted best guess" as XBMC does, even a false-positive or error ratio of 20% would be much more expedient to work-through in real time, rather than the operation being held on 60%+ of all movies it looks up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely *not* complaining. Just feel that a less disruptive workflow is key for people who maintain movie collections, which based on the description, I felt was a major portion of the target demographic. And it's just my humble opinion :-).

- fekker - 2009-04-23

here's a patch for 2882
http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mip_2882_patch_exefilesonly.7z

2880 changelog (from 2870)
added - folder level tv show scanning now works, folders are not required, but recommended.
added - imdbid.txt option
added - don't rename old .nfo files
added - add folder level show scan - done
added - add image to shows (all items except seasonall) - done
added - add fanart to show - done
added - allow no rename for .nfo - done

added - add tmdbid to movie .nfo file and during processing- added .. also now checks for that during tmdb data pulls .. might get glitchy for overwrite when the show is missing from tmdb and later added
added - added skin based tagging support for media images
added - added missing media images filter (folder level only)
added - added media images to autopilot
added - added season level tv show fanart support
added - added .ts support
added - added .divx support
added - added .m2ts support
added - tv show image resize and compression options..
fixed - fix crash for missing imdb data during auto-pilot
fixed - fixed error when clicking on trailer before loading movies
fixed - fixed sorting not working for movies in file level
fixed - filelevel movies no longer attempt to download or display media images (folder level is required)
fixed - fixed icon showing red for .ts files when file was present
fixed - fixed tvshow episode guide url in tvshow.nfo files (you will want to overwrite your existing tvshow.nfos by enabling that setting, after you have scanned your shows, you can disable it again)

on hold- add auto-pilot for music - on hold
on hold- add click to change season all image - on hold
on hold- cert info in studio tag, need to confirm with digital this will work as expected (pretty sure it will)
not working - date time scan

tvshow information
Are your tvshows loading slow and it's not the first time you have loaded them?
The workaround..
Episode images are still not working correctly from thetvdb .. if tv shows are very slow to load, disable the download of tv episode images
you can manually add them using the add image button.

I'm sure there's a few other things in there as well

- joebrady - 2009-04-23

link borked?

- fekker - 2009-04-23

joebrady Wrote:link borked?

appears to be down at the moment.

mirrored - http://www.mediafire.com/?tojdumwmqcj

also up on sourceforge

- kulprit - 2009-04-23

Is there a limit on the number of movies in one folder. I got to 116, even removing the folder from the folder list, restarting and readding it doesn't find the other ones.

This is all on 2882 sorry. Also i'm not getting a lot of imdb info, ie, runtime, tagline and plot outline. Both an auto pilot with only top right box ticked, and a refresh on each individual movie is not fixing this up.

Another edit, i'm getting about 5 or so folders on the left hand list that are just stupid random characters, but there is no way to remove them. I think they are hidden folders in my directorys, they are definately not visible.

Yet again, change does however reload the correct imdb info, although not sure how change is any different to refresh.

- MrDVD - 2009-04-23

Hallo, 2882 crash here with error when i select an Episode without episoden.tbn (tested on Law & Order - S18) ep 1-3 work but 4-end display this error msg.

Since 2870 MIP download again and again the same 155 files. I dont know if this is a problem on tvdb or MIP.

- Hitcher - 2009-04-23

Couple of requests.

1) Some of the fields end with a space before the close tag which messes with certain views. I've done a 'find and replace' on them all with Notepad++ but would it be possible for MIP to do this automatically?

2) Runtime fields can be full of useless scraped info so now that MIP can check the actual video file runtime can that be used instead for a much more accurate runtime?

Thanks.

- schwallman - 2009-04-23

was looking into using wine to run mip, anyone have any info on what works and what doesn't.

- kulprit - 2009-04-23

OK, so almost every problem I had on the last page was to do with the fact that all my movies are stored in the root of a hard drive, with no folder above them. Still got 2 movies that although i kept putting in the imdb number it wouldnt load the stuff, got them eventually. Put in number, press green button, exit and start again, refresh, then change. Whole lot of stuff.

Also any sign of a copy classification to mpaa setting?

- Weavus - 2009-04-23

Hitcher Wrote:2) Runtime fields can be full of useless scraped info so now that MIP can check the actual video file runtime can that be used instead for a much more accurate runtime?
+1000 Please format it too, like '1hr 43min' or something equally short and nice looking. I'd only care about seconds if runtime was < 5 min.

- fekker - 2009-04-23

kulprit Wrote:Is there a limit on the number of movies in one folder. I got to 116, even removing the folder from the folder list, restarting and readding it doesn't find the other ones.

This is all on 2882 sorry. Also i'm not getting a lot of imdb info, ie, runtime, tagline and plot outline. Both an auto pilot with only top right box ticked, and a refresh on each individual movie is not fixing this up.

Another edit, i'm getting about 5 or so folders on the left hand list that are just stupid random characters, but there is no way to remove them. I think they are hidden folders in my directorys, they are definately not visible.

Yet again, change does however reload the correct imdb info, although not sure how change is any different to refresh.

There's not a limit to the number of items in a folder, it must be hitting something and exiting.

For the ones it's not pulling the imdb data, what is the movie name (and better yet, what's the imdbid for that movie)

I'll see about ignoring hidden folders altogether.

Quote:Hallo, 2882 crash here with error when i select an Episode without episoden.tbn (tested on Law & Order - S18) ep 1-3 work but 4-end display this error msg.

Since 2870 MIP download again and again the same 155 files. I dont know if this is a problem on tvdb or MIP.
yeah, i ran into that one late last night, i'll get it fixed up. (the error)

When it's attempting to re-download the same images over and over again, it's the tvdb API returning links to invalid images on the site. Until they fix the API, MIP is going to try to download those files that don't exist. You could disable episode thumbnails in MIP, but then it won't get any thumbnails. I'm hoping they fix the api soon, it really slows the tv show parsing down when it hits those invalid files.

Quote:Couple of requests.

1) Some of the fields end with a space before the close tag which messes with certain views. I've done a 'find and replace' on them all with Notepad++ but would it be possible for MIP to do this automatically?

2) Runtime fields can be full of useless scraped info so now that MIP can check the actual video file runtime can that be used instead for a much more accurate runtime?

Thanks.
1 - is this happening to all fields or just some of them? got a few examples (via imdbid)? (or is this for tvshows).. i'm sure i can strip that out in MIP

2 - great idea!! i'll add that as an option, use actual runtime. This is going to be odd for .iso's that have more then one video stream, and for stacked movies, for all others it will work fine.

Quote:was looking into using wine to run mip, anyone have any info on what works and what doesn't.
As far as I know everything should be working under wine. The gui redraw is slower under wine, but everything should be working.

Quote:OK, so almost every problem I had on the last page was to do with the fact that all my movies are stored in the root of a hard drive, with no folder above them. Still got 2 movies that although i kept putting in the imdb number it wouldnt load the stuff, got them eventually. Put in number, press green button, exit and start again, refresh, then change. Whole lot of stuff.

Also any sign of a copy classification to mpaa setting?
So what did it take to fix the movie loading issue? just putting them in a folder?

I'm thinking of putting the classification into the studio field for tagging support. Would that work for you? (i'm hoping to get the classification field into xbmc at somepoint as it's own field).. it's easy for new data to put the data into the field with an if then else statement, it's a mess when I try to do it with existing data. I guess i could just mirror the studio field method.. mpaa and mpaareal in the .nfo file.. i'll see about that as well.

Quote:+1000 Please format it too, like '1hr 43min' or something equally short and nice looking. I'd only care about seconds if runtime was < 5 min.
I'll see what I can do for the formatting options.

- Weavus - 2009-04-23

fekker Wrote:2 - great idea!! i'll add that as an option, use actual runtime. This is going to be odd for .iso's that have more then one video stream, and for stacked movies, for all others it will work fine.
I'm sure in those few cases people can edit it manually. Or perhaps you could be really smart and add up all the video runtime values in a iso/stacked file Wink

- schwallman - 2009-04-23

ok, just a quick question, why couldnt mip work on just nfo files only residing inside a folder without the video file? I am trying to transfer 1000+ movies from mac to pc using a fat32 drive. it takes almost 8 hours to transfer to the pc then run them in mip, then another 8 hours to transfer back.repeat....If it only needed a .nfo to do the searching it would br pretty sweet. it might actually do this, im not sure, i just thought about it while on lunch and couldnt try it until tonight.

Also people that use macfuse, can you see your external mac journaled drives on windows. mine never show up

- fekker - 2009-04-23

schwallman Wrote:ok, just a quick question, why couldnt mip work on just nfo files only residing inside a folder without the video file? I am trying to transfer 1000+ movies from mac to pc using a fat32 drive. it takes almost 8 hours to transfer to the pc then run them in mip, then another 8 hours to transfer back.repeat....If it only needed a .nfo to do the searching it would br pretty sweet. it might actually do this, im not sure, i just thought about it while on lunch and couldnt try it until tonight.

Also people that use macfuse, can you see your external mac journaled drives on windows. mine never show up

For folder level movies, to just create the .nfo files, it doesn't need any video files. Of course it won't have the Media Information from the actual video file, but it will have the images and .nfo files.

Actually you can do the same for file level items by making a new 0k text doc and name it the video file name (be sure not to leave the .txt at the end of the file)