Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- lestat1977uk - 2009-05-04

Hi Fekker i tried that and it still doesn't work

Any other ideas?

- fekker - 2009-05-04

Give this tool a try, it's a standalone version of the same tool, but abit different.
Made for those extra thumbs in skins.

Run it in 32bit mode (if that's an option, not sure)

http://mediainfoplus.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=3:all&Itemid=54

Also try coping just the install files from an standard image magick 64bit install to the image magick folder.. in this case it will be
C:\Program Files\MDI\icreate\3rdparty\ImageMagick

if we can get this to work, it'll work in mip as well, both make similar calls to the same tools.. image magick and ffmpeg

Update: here's an older version of image magick that worked with mip before, so it should work with mip again..
64bit only
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/imagemagick/ImageMagick-6.5.0-8-Q16-windows-x64-static.exe

Image Creation Toolkit - fekker - 2009-05-05

Ok for all of ya wanting a way to make those extra images for skins from the media files themselfs.. give this tool a try.. i mentioned it in the last post, however it wasn't really ready to go.. now i think it's ready Big Grin

version 1.0.0.1 - yup, how's that for alpha level Big Grin

Image Creation Toolkit
- Create thumbs from media
naming convention is thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg, etc.
it puts them into the extrathumbs folder with whatever media file ya select

it will display the current ones (if ya have any) as well

resolution is 1280x720, zoomed while maintaining aspect ratio.
Looks best with dvd or higher quality, but does already with some lower res stuff

you can yank the imagecreationtoolkit.exe from the archive and drop it into mip's root directory as well as it uses the same folder layout. If your using 64 bit, you will have to do that as you need to install image magick to your mip install folder for it (see back a few posts).

enjoy
fekker

(app on mediainfoplus.com)
http://mediainfoplus.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=3:all&Itemid=54

- kulprit - 2009-05-05

Nice work fekker, would make sense though to even grab the first set of images from like 10 minutes in. To find anything good I would think this is where characters start appearing. Also, if you open one file, then another, until you make new thumbs it remembers the thumbs from the previous. Will be great when this is integrated.

- fekker - 2009-05-05

kulprit Wrote:Nice work fekker, would make sense though to even grab the first set of images from like 10 minutes in. To find anything good I would think this is where characters start appearing. Also, if you open one file, then another, until you make new thumbs it remembers the thumbs from the previous. Will be great when this is integrated.

fixed up the image display for thumbs, still can't get it to skip to a part in the movie .. --ss will tell it when to start capturing, but not what part of the file to start at.

anyone know the start parameter for ffmpeg via command line?

- Montellese - 2009-05-05

fekker Wrote:fixed up the image display for thumbs, still can't get it to skip to a part in the movie .. --ss will tell it when to start capturing, but not what part of the file to start at.

anyone know the start parameter for ffmpeg via command line?

I'm not sure what you mean by "what part of the file to start at". ffmpeg starts at the beginning of the file so if you use "-ss 00:10:00" in your call to ffmpeg it will capture the frame which is shown 10 minutes after file start. Isn't that what you are looking for?

I did a little search on google to make sure about this as well and ended up here: http://www.db75.com/new_blog/?p=315

- joe_user - 2009-05-05

New to Media Info Plus. Like it very much. many thanks for your work.

May I ask you two questions?
- How is MIP handling languages?
My current filenames to store it. For example Matrix (German-English 2001 DVD).avi. If I allow renaming, all the additional informations is cleaned. Year and Source is in the nfo, so fine. But how to deal with the audio streams?

- I am a native German speaker. Don't mind english informations. But my GF. MIP offers the possibility to use data from OFDB, german movie DB. I activated in the config to update everthing from OFDB, but I have to manually choose "Load infos from OFDB". Am I doing anything wrong? Any way to set it as primary source?

Many thanks again for the great tool you are providing!

Joe

joe_user Wrote:- How is MIP handling languages?
My current filenames to store it. For example Matrix (German-English 2001 DVD).avi. If I allow renaming, all the additional informations is cleaned. Year and Source is in the nfo, so fine. But how to deal with the audio streams?

If you don't want the files to be renamed check the settings where you can activate an option saying something like "Ignore everything between ()" which should do the trick for you.

Unfortunately I myself saw this option too late and already renamed all my movies loosing the audio language information. Well they are now already stored in the NFO as well but Aeon doesn't support showing it yet alongside the rest of the media flags.

- joe_user - 2009-05-05

Montellese Wrote:If you don't want the files to be renamed check the settings where you can activate an option saying something like "Ignore everything between ()" which should do the trick for you.

Unfortunately I myself saw this option too late and already renamed all my movies loosing the audio language information. Well they are now already stored in the NFO as well but Aeon doesn't support showing it yet alongside the rest of the media flags.

Cheers, Montellese. That's what I will do.

How did you add the audio language option into the nfo's?

And another question: Is it more common to have the filename of the movie as clean as possible or to add as much information to it as possible?

eg. Better Matrix.avi or Matrix.1080p.DTS7.1.BluRay.2001.English.avi?

Thanks again!

joe_user Wrote:Cheers, Montellese. That's what I will do.

How did you add the audio language option into the nfo's?

And another question: Is it more common to have the filename of the movie as clean as possible or to add as much information to it as possible?

eg. Better Matrix.avi or Matrix.1080p.DTS7.1.BluRay.2001.English.avi?

Thanks again!

Well I'm a german (actually swiss-german) user as well so I kinda know the problems you are facing now ;-)

There is an option to enabled "Skin base Media Flag tagging" in the MIP settings which determins information like resolution, audio codec, language etc. There also is another xml tag in the NFO which contains more detailed information about the file itself but it isn't supported by XBMC yet (unfortunately).

Concerning the file names I'd say everyone should do it the way he likes. Before I started using XBMC my file names looked like this:

The Matrix [de en] 1080p - DTS.mkv

But as I encountered major problems with XBMC and MIP (which didn't find a movie named "The Matrix [de en] 1080p" on IMDb I renamed all my movies to a totally clean file name like

The Matrix.mkv

and now I started organizing my movies in folder level structure like

The Matrix
---> The Matrix.mkv
---> The Matrix.nfo

But I'm thinking about putting the language codes back into the file names and using a self-defined Regex to let MIP ignore them. Shame I didn't know about that earlier.

Hey fekker

I got a question:

I added lots of movie posters from getvideoartwork.com because they are of better quality. So I just overwrote the "movie.tbn" file in my folders. But somehow MIP doesn't show them anymore alongside the fanart and movie information. I already double-checked the option where you can (de)activate the preview of movie posters and it's activated. Is this the normal behaviour?

Thanks for your help.

- lestat1977uk - 2009-05-06

Hi Fekker still can't get it to work in MIP, tried the version you siad renamed other folder to old, then did install to folder 3rdparty\ImageMagick. Still doesnt work

BTW the tool works just fine Smile

Just be cool to have the resize etc working in MIP

Update

I copied the ImageMagick from the new tool to the MIP directory and although i get an out of memory error in MIP it seems the image still gets created, so not as bad as first thought.

Seems error only comes up when making episode thumb, no error happens when making an episode background, seems odd ?

- humalu - 2009-05-06

never consider users who use resolution less than 1024*768?
I can not find OK and Cancel buttons on the screen.

- iLurk - 2009-05-06

HI fekker,

Is there an option to read .nfo's that are named in the same format as the movie.

e.g I've currently got :

name.of.movie.bluray.h264.dts.mkv
name.of.movie.bluray.h264.dts.nfo

but MIP doesn't seem to recognise the nfo & names the creates new files as:

name of movie.nfo
name of movie-fanart.jpg
name of movie.tbn

I noticed in the settings, we only have 2 options to create "movie name.nfo" (which creates the example above) or "movie.nfo". Would it be possible to add an option to name the files created to match the *.mkv filename?

Ta

- LaTropa64 - 2009-05-06

iLurk Wrote:I noticed in the settings, we only have 2 options to create "movie name.nfo" (which creates the example above) or "movie.nfo". Would it be possible to add an option to name the files created to match the *.mkv filename?

Ta
Ditto. That's exactly the option I'm looking for since I store all my files like this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=328918&postcount=1071