Kodi Community Forum
new install, no thumb scrapping - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: new install, no thumb scrapping (/showthread.php?tid=47397)

Pages: 1 2

new install, no thumb scrapping - quebert - 2009-03-24

VISTA 64 bit all latest updates
AMD 4850e 64 bit
4 GB of ram
on board video, latest drivers
on board sound, latest drivers
XBMC SVN-18783

PC was built 2 days ago, installed Vista, all the drivers + Vista updates and put XBMC on, have installed no other 3rd party software. Copied a couple movies from my main box, they're in my XBMC on there fine. Added the folder to my movies, set the scrapper for IMDB, I can get it to pull up the info if I right click and tell it to search, but it won't find any thumbs, even if I try to do it manually. It is finding fan art but isn't loading it in. Using default skin, I've been messing with it since last night. I'm guessing my brain is fried and I'm missing something real basic, but I didn't have this problem on my 1st box with XBMC Sad here's the error log. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.

http://pastebin.com/mfaf9918

*EDIT* I must be slow, I used XBMC Companion and the folders now have TBN files and they're still not coming up in XBMC. I removed it and tried the vanilla version of XBMC not a SVN build. I just tried manually adding the TBN to a movie in XBMC and it's still not coming up *sigh* This is a TBN that downloaded from XBMC Companion and it looks fine there

- automated - 2009-03-24

IMDB scraping has been disabled, use TMDB instead.

- quebert - 2009-03-24

automated Wrote:IMDB scraping has been disabled, use TMDB instead.

I tried that, nothing came up. since I did it with XBMC Companion and all my movie folders have .NFO & .TBN they should come up in XBMC without me doing anything. I am out of ideas, I've been at this for about 5 hours straight today. And about 5 hours yesterday Sad

- automated - 2009-03-24

You can also try setting your user path to the one in Program Files when you install the SVN, this fixed a few issues I was having with thumbs (I have no idea why though).

- quebert - 2009-03-24

automated Wrote:You can also try setting your user path to the one in Program Files when you install the SVN, this fixed a few issues I was having with thumbs (I have no idea why though).

This didn't work either, and I just tried to add a JPG I know is good for a thumbnail and it came up blank. So I uninstalled XBMC and installed the release not the SVN and when I ran it I got MSVCR71.dll not found. It's in my system32, I cannot seem to delete it to recopy it over. Welp, looks like another long night for me lol. Anyone with any suggestions I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM.

libcurl - tiben20 - 2009-03-24

ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load special://xbmc/system/libcurl.dll (126)
you need to download the libcurl.dll and put this dll in your xbmc/system directory
you can downloading it from there http://trac.xbmc.org/export/18882/branches/linuxport/XBMC/tools/Scrap/libcurl.dll
ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load special://xbmc/system/ImageLib.dll
and this one is kinda important too

- LaTropa64 - 2009-03-24

automated Wrote:IMDB scraping has been disabled, use TMDB instead.

IMDB is no longer disabled, it just isn't the default anymore.

- quebert - 2009-03-24

THANK you for the replies everybody, I figured it out, not sure exactly why but I had to install it in a folder outside of program files (x86), even running it as admin it wasn't letting anything write to that directory (I think) I tried to unrar a theme and it said it was unable to write to the folder. So I put it in c:\xbmc, AND BOOM I got thumbnails. I had tried installing to c:\xbmc eairler with no luck, but for whatever reason this time it worked. I dunno why but I don't care lol.

Ok, it's still not scrapping, the thumbs that were coming up were ones XBMC Companion had downloaded, I tried to manually scrape one, the thumb came up, I selected it. but back in library mode it was showing a blank image. ARGH lol if it's not one thing it's another...

- LaTropa64 - 2009-03-24

The thumbs should be written to C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video

Try cleaning out that folder and start over.

Unless you are running XBMC in portable mode (-p switch), then the thumbs are put under the main xbmc folder.

- quebert - 2009-03-24

I can't even think straight, I deleted the database & thumbs, I installed in portable mode but it's still making directories under \users (dunno why) Half my movies when I try to scrape them it just sits there, not sure how long you've supposed to wait but after about a minute I go back and try to scrape another. I found one that scrapped but it won't show any thumb to download. I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled clean. My brain is 95% dead and this makes no sense to me. Any last suggestions? I'm probably off to bed as I'm feeling useless and probably won't make any headway at all tonight.

to tiben20 both of those files are in the directories already. I meant to say this eairler but my mind is kind of spacey from dealing with this program all day.

- quebert - 2009-03-24

I woke up and went back to work, I sort of figured it out. Well I figured out how to get the thumbs any ways, but I'm not sure why I don't have to do this on my main box's XBMC. I went over the configuration options as I could have swore there was something for this, but couldn't find it. Any ways my media is organized \media\movies\movie name\movie name.avi pretty simple and always worked on my 1st box. On this one it shows the default folder icon and when I click on it, it shows the movie with the thumbnail almost GREAT! lol. So what i did was take the AVI's from all the folders and dumped them all into /media/movies and BOOM XBMC looks like I'm use to. But, I like to have it a bit more organized. I'm half asleep so I'm probably missing something real obvious here, but what do I have to change in my config to get it to ignore the fact there's a folder and just play what's in it?

thanks, no more questions after this lol.

- independent - 2009-04-05

I got the exact same problem!

"Added the folder to my movies, set the scrapper for IMDB, I can get it to pull up the info if I right click and tell it to search, but it won't find any thumbs, even if I try to do it manually. It is finding fan art but isn't loading it in."

The PC is just reformated and runs Wind Xp with the latest drivers.

I've tried clean installs of XBMC 8.10 (wich use to work on the same computer) and XBMCSetup-Rev19052.

- mavgink - 2009-04-05

same problem here, trying babylon now...

mavgink Wrote:same problem here, trying babylon now...

Please report when you're done! Smile

independent Wrote:Please report when you're done! Smile

Seems to work with this one XBMC 9.04 Babylon Alpha 1