Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-02

paul Wrote:How can you be stupid you can code right.. so go on what did you miss it's got to be somat real stupid, whatever it is i promise not to laughLaugh honest but if you are still having issues with graphical errors let me know as i think i know what the problem was!

Well, my xBox install just needed a restart, it wouldn't show all of the customize options until I did. My Windowz install had messed up screens but after I deleted the Textures.xpr that problem went away.

I just posted the error too soon. :o Wink

It's working great now, gonna go through and do some personal tweaking, I go through and gut the xml files removing anything I don't use, that usually nets me a few extra mb free. It's been hard to keep up lately with all the updates and new mods coming out. Wink

I've never seen those memory leak entries before in any of my logs.

- paul - 2009-05-02

matt11601 Wrote:I tried to post the full log file in my last post but the forums said it was too long.
use paste bin and post a link to itSmile

- criti - 2009-05-03

ah it is just atv, paul for the white thumbnail problem. i run your skin on both my xbox and atv, xbox is working fine.

you have a solution for the atv issue yet or want me to poke around and see what I can find?

- shokka9 - 2009-05-03

great job Paul & g00fy1 and anyone else who helps out here.

Howcomes you left out g00fy1's shutdown mod Paul? Liked the look of that, i think i will add it manually for now.

Also glad the floating home screen bar is now fixed...that was crazy Smile

Thanks to all you guys here who help!

Rev_5 works fine here anyways.

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-03

shokka9 Wrote:great job Paul & g00fy1 and anyone else who helps out here.

Howcomes you left out g00fy1's shutdown mod Paul? Liked the look of that, i think i will add it manually for now.

Here's the updated xml files, just plop them into the 720p folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c44de70e1d3bc48e111096d429abd360e04e75f6e8ebb871

Log File of Video Problems - matt11601 - 2009-05-03

paul Wrote:use paste bin and post a link to itSmile

Here is the log file.
This is a clean log file. It contains the contents of XBOX booting up through my first attempt at playing a movie. Here are the actions I took:
1) Pressed power button on XBOX
2) XBMC loads, Aeon Lite Rev5 loads and I wait at the home screen because video library is scanning for updates. At this time, the free mem reads ~23 and I have not touched the controller.
3) Library scanning is complete. I select Movies, the "Please wait..." dialog comes up for a second or two and then the library loads. Free mem reads ~12.
4) Press A to play the first movie "3:10 to Yuma." Free mem now reads ~6. "Please wait..." dialog comes up.
5) "Please wait..." dialog is now gone and the movie has not loaded. I am still at the movie library screen.
6) Press A again to play movie. "Please wait..." dialog comes up and the XBOX has frozen.

For a comparison, I'm posting a clean log file of PM3 (non-HD). I have no issues with PM3.

Thank you all for taking the time to help me. If this needs to go to the help forum then please say so because I know people are working on the skin. Thanks.

P.S. I doubt this is relevant, but I do not rip & encode my own movies. I typically just find the movies on the internet that I have at my house. If the video file is the culprit then I guess it's time to learn.

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-03

It doesn't look like a corrupt video file, you're just running out of memory and Aeon will do that for sure without some tweaking.

Try turning off everything you don't need, like the HTTP proxy, Web server, Event server, UPNP server. Leave the FTP server ON.

Make sure you're not autoloading and scripts, I didn't see any in the logs tho.

Also make sure you are only putting the Textures.xpr file in the media directory, nothing else. Follow Paul's instructions in the first post too, turn off the zoom animations, etc.

- defee - 2009-05-03

Yes you are running out of memory, you can launch the movie (for real - after the first "please wait") when going to the Now Playing window and press A again.

Will dig deeper - matt11601 - 2009-05-03

g00fy1 Wrote:It doesn't look like a corrupt video file, you're just running out of memory and Aeon will do that for sure without some tweaking.

Try turning off everything you don't need, like the HTTP proxy, Web server, Event server, UPNP server. Leave the FTP server ON.

Make sure you're not autoloading and scripts, I didn't see any in the logs tho.

Also make sure you are only putting the Textures.xpr file in the media directory, nothing else. Follow Paul's instructions in the first post too, turn off the zoom animations, etc.

The only server that is on is indeed the FTP Server. AutoDetection is off as well. Zoom animations is off. All contextual fan art is off. No autoloading of scripts too. Only file in the Media folder is textures.xpr. Backdrops are 960 as well and in JPG format.

When I enter Games, free mem drops to ~10. When I enter TV Shows, free mem drops to ~14. When I enter movies free mem drops to ~16 so I have no clue what's going because I have started fresh with the latest XBMC build and Revision 5.

It's frustrating given how great this skin is. I'm going to do a clean install again and try to figure this out. The saving grace of this situation is that other people are not having this problem so it gives me hope that this skin will work on my XBOX. If I can't figure it out then I'll go to the Help Forum because I do not want to take away energy & time spent on this skin.

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-03

Interesting....

With a slightly tweaked Rev 3 I get:
Sitting at the main menu, mine is 33mb.
Entering TV Shows Multiplex View it's 30mb.
Entering Movies Showcase View fan art on it's 21mb.

With Paul's stock Rev 5 I get:
Sitting at the main menu, mine is 33mb.
Entering TV Shows Multiplex View it's 26mb.
Entering Movies Showcase View fan art on it's 18mb.

Slightly less than my tweaked version but still plenty of memory left.

Comparing your log to mine using Rev 5, by the time the skin is done loading at this line:
Code:
18:05:06 M: 36646912    INFO:   skin loaded...

I've got approx 5mb more:
Code:
22:54:47 M: 41373696    INFO:   skin loaded...

This may be system config specific and not skin specific. I've got everything that may use memory turned off including updating the library on start up.

I'll look at the logs some more but you might want to ask in the other help forum also.

- matt11601 - 2009-05-03

g00fy1 Wrote:I'll look at the logs some more but you might want to ask in the other help forum also.

I'm trying to figure out what's different about my setup but I'm not seeing it. It's funny how ~5 MB can make such a difference. When movies do load up, I cannot seek at all. Other times the movies will not load so it's a bad situation all around. I'll keep looking, but I'm gonna post in the help forums soon because starting a fresh install was my last idea. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.

- paul - 2009-05-03

g00fy1 Wrote:Well, my xBox install just needed a restart, it wouldn't show all of the customize options until I did. My Windowz install had messed up screens but after I deleted the Textures.xpr that problem went away.

I just posted the error too soon. :o Wink

It's working great now, gonna go through and do some personal tweaking, I go through and gut the xml files removing anything I don't use, that usually nets me a few extra mb free. It's been hard to keep up lately with all the updates and new mods coming out. Wink

I've never seen those memory leak entries before in any of my logs.
Well at least you sorted it out. and to be honest i never thought of asking if people actually want the mods including so in future if people just want the standard untouched files i may include them as standard gives you the end user more choiceSmile
Not tried your mod for the home menu with the switches but i will later today as that's a better way to go for most people i thinkSmile

- paul - 2009-05-03

criti Wrote:ah it is just atv, paul for the white thumbnail problem. i run your skin on both my xbox and atv, xbox is working fine.

you have a solution for the atv issue yet or want me to poke around and see what I can find?
If you want to have a go then you will need to get some fresh new textures from github
then resize them down by at least 50% all 300+ i use irfan view for a lot of them but be carefull with the settings of it otherwise it will screw the bitdepth and that removes the transparency effect, but when i get a chance i will be redoing all the textures for rev6
But this wont be for at least a week. but i have no objection to you working on a fix if you wantSmile
shokka9 Wrote:great job Paul & g00fy1 and anyone else who helps out here.

To be honest i had spent the best part of 2 solid day's staring at code i really don't understand trying to merge all cf2009's mods hitchers mod plus a few others and then i spotted g00fy1's mod but by this time i were knackered and thought that one can wait for the next release or update..... sorry about that
g00fy1 Wrote:Here's the updated xml files, just plop them into the 720p folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c44de70e1d3bc48e111096d429abd360e04e75f6e8ebb871
Nice one mate saves me a little timeSmile

- paul - 2009-05-03

matt11601 Wrote:I'm trying to figure out what's different about my setup but I'm not seeing it. It's funny how ~5 MB can make such a difference. When movies do load up, I cannot seek at all. Other times the movies will not load so it's a bad situation all around. I'll keep looking, but I'm gonna post in the help forums soon because starting a fresh install was my last idea. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.
The one thing that is the same in both your log files is this memory leaks so it is not really a skin issue i believe pm3 is copeing better because it simply uses less memory to start with.
before i optimised this skin on my xbox i had only 3mb free ram on the home screen so that proves it's a memory hog.

I would suggest trying a different revision of xbmc and upload it to a seperate loacation on your hard drive and install the skin then scan in a few videos or all of them if you like and monitor the memory and as g00fy1 has said turn everything off not needed and turn on debugging then if it still continues and the memory leaks still persist then have a word with arnova about it. it may also be the memory on your xbox is corrupt in some way or some other hardware problem just guessing at this point but do try that and let us know the results. good luck

- shokka9 - 2009-05-03

paul Wrote:To be honest i had spent the best part of 2 solid day's staring at code i really don't understand trying to merge all cf2009's mods hitchers mod plus a few others and then i spotted g00fy1's mod but by this time i were knackered and thought that one can wait for the next release or update..... sorry about that

Dont be sorry bro Wink

I am the same with my users tho (for my ROMs), you feel like you let someone down when you leave something out. Dont, what we get here is amazing...

It runs smooth for me, except if i use library mode and try to play movies? It freezes alot. But if i use files, it is fine...

Look forward to next version..when i get time i will start looking deeper into this, at the moment my head is firmly in Windows Mobile stuff.

Thanks Paul as always. Thanks to you all!!