Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- mcborzu - 2009-05-14

Are you reducing posters for showcase flat as well or just coverflow....I use flat and like bigger posters, if thier changed could you give us the original code to keep them bigger in case some didn't like it.

I quickly tried to see what you are up to and changed the width and height to 136 width and 200 height...spacing was off and it was crude but looked too small for my tastes.

If you remember how I had two TV's and the 19" had alot more memory than the bigger one...I just got and hooked up HD XBOX cables to the small TV and lost about 3-4mb.

- paul - 2009-05-14

mcborzu Wrote:Are you reducing posters for showcase flat as well or just coverflow....I use flat and like bigger posters, if thier changed could you give us the original code to keep them bigger in case some didn't like it.

I quickly tried to see what you are up to and changed the width and height to 136 width and 200 height...spacing was off and it was crude but looked too small for my tastes.

If you remember how I had two TV's and the 19" had alot more memory than the bigger one...I just got and hooked up HD XBOX cables to the small TV and lost about 3-4mb.
If i do release it with this mod i will leave it as a optional extra in the form of the relevant .xml files as i know it won't be to everybody's taste. am not too sure wether i would use it myself but i thought why not try it as requested a while ago by someone, but as you have found out yourself it's not so simple like getting it to look right with the genre posters both in flat and flow but i do think some of you may benefit by it. if i can't get it working 100% i will leave it out until either i can or somebody else does. Either way i need to get some kind of update done before theres a rebellion in here Laugh only kidding guys

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-15

paul Wrote:But then spotted problems with that mod. so am going to rework the whole skin hopefully i can post an update of some sort in a couple of day's even if i can't get it working 100% maybe either cranial or gOOfy1 could take a look at my files as they have proved there far better at codeing than me... but it will get uploaded honestNod
I will release a full skin once i am sure theres no major flaws in it.Smile

Well, I don't know about that but thank you Paul. Shocked

I'm actually a really good Perl / PHP / HTML coder. This is really my first attempt at any major XML coding.

I went the other direction and increased my showcase thumbs a bit but I have since switched to Multiplex view...

I've been wondering why Multplex has so much more free memory than Showcase. The glass overlays for the posters maybeHuh And why does file mode with just one poster image being displayed suck up so much memory? I have less free memory in file mode than in Showcase...

Just thinking out loud.

- paul - 2009-05-15

g00fy1 Wrote:Well, I don't know about that but thank you Paul. Shocked

I'm actually a really good Perl / PHP / HTML coder. This is really my first attempt at any major XML coding.

I went the other direction and increased my showcase thumbs a bit but I have since switched to Multiplex view...

I've been wondering why Multplex has so much more free memory than Showcase. The glass overlays for the posters maybeHuh And why does file mode with just one poster image being displayed suck up so much memory? I have less free memory in file mode than in Showcase...

Just thinking out loud.
That's one reason i use multiplex for all my movies and tv shows as it uses far less memory it probably is down to it not using any fancy glass overlays. the other reason it just looks a lot better.
I doubt i will be including the smaller posters for showcase mod as it really does conflict badly with the genre posters mod but i will keep trying to make it work in case somebody wants it badly. And so i will upload what i am currently using on my test setup on my pc.
Just a few tweaks and a few bug fixes with the includes_mediaflags.xml and a few other tweaks other than that not much but it is running better than the last one.
I just need to test it on my xbox first. then hopefully upload some time friday..Big Grin

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-15

paul Wrote:I just need to test it on my xbox first. then hopefully upload some time friday..Big Grin

Excellent. Take your time Paul and thank you!

- paul - 2009-05-15

g00fy1 Wrote:Excellent. Take your time Paul and thank you!
don't get too excitedWink There's only a couple of fixes/ additions which are barely noticeable. the good news for me is cf2009 has added the best of hitchers and randalthor's and your mods / fixes into his genre poster pack which will free my hands to look at other areas like cleaning up the dam includes_mediaflags.xml as it had got a real mess with people just adding updates to it in haphazard way ie multiple entry's of the most common studios, this must slow xbmc down some having to read through all that code and so i have fixed that issue for this release and i will go for the full release as i feel it is pretty stable without the small showcase modHuh it has done my head in trying to get that bugger working right. So I will come back to it later. So this will be the last full revision untill there is some substantial changes to auriga on github. but fear not yee xbox fans and users i intend on working to introducing more bug fixes mods etc as and when they appear.
These will come out as pure updates very painless and easy to apply.
So i will still be around to hear any ideas or suggestions etc from you guy's. untill i get told to get lostLaugh (don't even think about it) thanksSmile

- needtotest - 2009-05-15

Just downloaded the rev5 to see the performance - aeon auriga puts my cpu avarage at 96% and your lite is at 65% - so that is nice. But the pngs looks all wrong. I get alot of black lines on the screen...

/needtotest

- shokka9 - 2009-05-15

hey guys....

anyone using t3ch latest builds??

1) 9.04 Final; Babylon
2) Rev19856 - 2009.05.01

Not sure which one to use...probably the latest (rev19856).

Also, cant wait for the update Paul...take your time, there is no rush at all.

@ Everyone
Is there an easy mod i can do myself so that i can increase font size, or is a bit of a mission?

My eyesight is fine, and i can read it ok. Its more for my girlfriend, she use the system daily to play music. So if i could increase font a little bit, then that would be soooo cool.

Thanks all. Smile

- diemos - 2009-05-15

Bring it on Paul, can't wait!

- paul - 2009-05-15

needtotest Wrote:Just downloaded the rev5 to see the performance - aeon auriga puts my cpu avarage at 96% and your lite is at 65% - so that is nice. But the pngs looks all wrong. I get alot of black lines on the screen...

/needtotest
Is the problem mainly with the textures with transparency as that is caused by over compression. but i tested this one on my xbox and pc with no visible artifacts. correct me if i am wrong but my guess is you made your own textures.xpr using the supplied textures
and most likely used xbmctex to compress them to a .xpr i use this myself for test purposes but it tends to over compress and does cause me problems but for the ones i upload i use xprexpress as i can alter the compression settings thus avoiding these problems if you want a copy of xprexpress i can upload it(it's for windows)
shokka9 Wrote:hey guys....

1) 9.04 Final; Babylon
2) Rev19856 - 2009.05.01

Also, cant wait for the update Paul...take your time, there is no rush at all.

@ Everyone
Is there an easy mod i can do myself so that i can increase font size, or is a bit of a mission?

My eyesight is fine, and i can read it ok. Its more for my girlfriend, she use the system daily to play music. So if i could increase font a little bit, then that would be soooo cool.

Thanks all. Smile
High shokka how you doing.Smile I do use the latest build of t3ch's xbmc with no stabilty problems at all but i have not tried any of the nightly builds for a few weeks now but they are normally ok. as for the fonts you can open up the fonts.xml in your 720p folder using notepad or wordpad and edit the font sizes in there i usually add about +4 to all sizes under size 30 anything over that size really does not need to be any bigger.
If your not sure how to go about it i can alter one or two for inclusion in the skin tomorow and you can try each one out. i meant to do it last time but forgot. glad you reminded me.
diemos Wrote:Bring it on Paul, can't wait!
It will be saturday sometime unless i have another set back as i managed to waste 4 hours today rewriting all the mods into the stock .xmls only to find all the backdrops did not show and the list view not working. and so am now trying to make up some lost time
just came on here for a quick breather and a smoke. so fingers crossedSmile

- mcborzu - 2009-05-15

I was wondering about xbmxtex....If I use your unaltered .xpr from Rev. 5 I get 19mb in movies. If I make the smallest tweak an compress using XBMXTEX I'm down at like 9-12mb. I'll try that other one and see how it goes.

Do you this one from this link....http://dl.qj.net/XPR-Express-v1.0.1-Xbox-360/pg/12/fid/13059/catid/505

- Cranial - 2009-05-16

shokka9 Wrote:hey guys....

1) 9.04 Final; Babylon
2) Rev19856 - 2009.05.01

Use 9.04 Final: Babylon from T3ch. It's the stable build, and is newer than 19856 (this is RC1, not final).

I'd stick with that for now, as any svn builds later than that will be including some skinning engine changes, and not sure yet how that will affect the xbox and aeon.

But as soon as it is feasible, I will test the newer builds and see how it goes. Save you having to do it.

Update? - paul - 2009-05-16

mcborzu Wrote:I was wondering about xbmxtex....If I use your unaltered .xpr from Rev. 5 I get 19mb in movies. If I make the smallest tweak an compress using XBMXTEX I'm down at like 9-12mb. I'll try that other one and see how it goes.

Do you this one from this link....http://dl.qj.net/XPR-Express-v1.0.1-Xbox-360/pg/12/fid/13059/catid/505
If you really want to experiment with xprexpress which i am including with the next revision
then use the lowest quality on it and you will get a good memory boost the down side is it looks crap but by all means have a play with different settings and your using as in the link. but my advice would be to use the normal setting then if you have problems with graphical glitches then use a higher quality setting(less compression)Smile

Cranial Wrote:Use 9.04 Final: Babylon from T3ch. It's the stable build, and is newer than 19856 (this is RC1, not final).

I'd stick with that for now, as any svn builds later than that will be including some skinning engine changes, and not sure yet how that will affect the xbox and aeon.

But as soon as it is feasible, I will test the newer builds and see how it goes. Save you having to do it.
I'm inclined to agree with you on that one which is why i wanted to get to a fairly stable point with this skin as when i uprade xbmc i will know for sure if it's any better or not.

News Revision6 is going up right now and it has been a uphill struggle to get everything in i wanted in the end due to problems lack of sleep and the like i have left out the small posters mod in showcase.
And for this release and maybe for all others i have not included a textures.xpr .
In the package is 720p folder media folder with all the textures and Xprexpress(for windows) this way you can add your own backdrops to the pack as the ones i use maynot be suitable as they are sized at 640x360 and that works well for me. but it may not for all of you. Anyone who can't create textures.xpr then let me know either by pm e-mail or on here and i will sort one out for you and for shokka i will try to find time today to do you those font.xml files (sleep permiting lol) the link is at beggining of thread thankyouSmile

- needtotest - 2009-05-16

...actually just did a fresh install - downloaded rev 5 and the fonts.
It starts up in settings and there are black vertical lines on the left side of the png overlay. And when you "surf" around it is the same all over the skin. I tested this on vista (running 1024x768) and win7 (running 1440x900). But just to be clear - I left it untouched.

/needtotest

- Cranial - 2009-05-16

needtotest Wrote:...actually just did a fresh install - downloaded rev 5 and the fonts.
It starts up in settings and there are black vertical lines on the left side of the png overlay. And when you "surf" around it is the same all over the skin. I tested this on vista (running 1024x768) and win7 (running 1440x900). But just to be clear - I left it untouched.

/needtotest

Ah I see. This is for xbox xbmc only. I don't think other ports of xbmc like textures.xpr very much.