Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- joncgde2 - 2009-05-28

yadster Wrote:I can upload to my Rapidshare account if that helps.

please do! I'm desperate to get a copy... Sad

- yadster - 2009-05-28

Update Auriga_Lite_test2 and fonts

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/238123273/Auriga_lite_Test2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/238119204/Aeon_Fonts260409.zip

any probs let me know. Big thanks to Paul for all his hard work Smile

- paul - 2009-05-28

yadster Wrote:Update Auriga_Lite_test2 and fonts

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/238123273/Auriga_lite_Test2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/238119204/Aeon_Fonts260409.zip
any probs let me know. Big thanks to Paul for all his hard work Smile
Thanks yadster saves me time and bandwidth

- paul - 2009-05-28

Bram77 Wrote:Paul, why not use google code Smile
If you upload the skin to the SVN repo we could easily add you repo to the XBMC SVN installer and update the skin from within XBMC! As long as you respect the directory/file structure the xbmc-addons google-code page uses.

Is it fairly easy to use / maintain and what would i need etc to get it up and running.
if it can be used in a similar way to svn where people can make changes then i'm i favour of it especially if it saves me timeHuh

- Bram77 - 2009-05-28

It's very easy to use and maintain! You can upload your files in two ways. Create an archive and make it available in the downloads section and upload your source to the repository using TortaoiseSVN (or any other SVN management program you'd like, I prefer Tortoise for Windows and kde-svn for Linux).

Just give it try Smile You could use it for all your zbox skins and at the same time provide an easy way for users to install or update the skins. As I said, You'll have to respect the directory structure xbmc-addons uses to be able to use the XBMC SVN installer, like so....
http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

I'm not sure it will save you time, but I do think you will like it. Play with it to see if I'm right Smile
You'll need to create the textures.xpr file and include the fonts dir in the trunk to allow users to download the skins from XBMC.

- paul - 2009-05-28

Bram77 Wrote:It's very easy to use and maintain! You can upload your files in two ways. Create an archive and make it available in the downloads section and upload your source to the repository using TortaoiseSVN (or any other SVN management program you'd like, I prefer Tortoise for Windows and kde-svn for Linux).

Just give it try Smile You could use it for all your zbox skins and at the same time provide an easy way for users to install or update the skins. As I said, You'll have to respect the directory structure xbmc-addons uses to be able to use the XBMC SVN installer, like so....
http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

I'm not sure it will save you time, but I do think you will like it. Play with it to see if I'm right Smile
You'll need to create the textures.xpr file and include the fonts dir in the trunk to allow users to download the skins from XBMC.
Thanks i will look into it...

- joncgde2 - 2009-05-29

tried the test2 version... getting between 7-10MB free on the home menu

no movies play will play, no doubt the out of memory issue is causing problems Sad aw

News notice - paul - 2009-05-29

joncgde2 Wrote:tried the test2 version... getting between 7-10MB free on the home menu

no movies play will play, no doubt the out of memory issue is causing problems Sad aw
Ere i would say so i am going to change back to my original textures for my next release so it should improve your memory issue i hope.
Though i can't say when that will be as i have a load of work trying to convert 25 mods to work with the new code, but theres a big snag
defualt backdrops no longer work I am trying to find a build of xbmc that will work with as its supposed to now include support for the new skiining engine(Yeh Right)
So everything has gone tits up. the good news is i now have got music genre posters working and have obtained a nice set i just need to edit those and the new set of
movie genre posters hopefully by the time iget those done leeuw's new multiplex mod will be available then that can go into (maybe) the last build.
as it's uncertian as to weyher djh is going to finish the skin.

Thanks Paul - weehervi - 2009-05-29

Hey Paul, I just wanted to come out of the woodwork to say a huge thanks for all the work you've put in on this, you're more than deserving a break after what this forum has put you through!

To anyone else out here thinking this means they'll never see that layout or chagnge they wanted so much, get your sleeves up and take a look at some XML! The simple changes like resizing the strip in multiplex (DVD covers or banners in TV multiplex you say?) isn't hard - there's more than enough resources on this forum (if not thread!) to be confident with nothing more than a few spare hours and a pimped notepad (gVim is my weapon of choice, I'll post on that later though).

Tbh I didn't know a thing about skinning when I joined around page 42 (PM3 having served me fine since the start), but now I'm well on my way to being comfortable thanks to whats been happening here in recent weeks. Just as I get the perfect balance of mods together, you go and release a perfect update like the last one that I can't ignore!

So thanks again for all the work you've put in mate, it's appreciated more than you can imagine. Now go enjoy that good weather Smile

Ian

- paul - 2009-05-29

Thanks Ian I am pleased it works ok for you. and your right it is time consuming and addictive making these skins work for the xbox but there makeing it harder to do.

As of now i am takeing some time out to recharge my battery because i am not a duracell bunnyLaugh
But i will still be visiting the forums from time to time to check up on what's happening and to maintain all of my projects so not quiting just chilling out until i see
which direction djh takes Auriga then we can decide where to take the xbox variant.
Ps if you need any help urgently then pm me as i get notified by mail if i get any then i wil try to answers any queries.

- diemos - 2009-05-31

Paul amazing job as usual, test 2 works great. Isn't it funny, as soon as you wanted to recharge your batteries, a new, kind of, major update came out from djh_ Sad we appreciate all the hard work you put into this project. I really hope you continue with this project as it would mean a lot to all, not to mention its the only xbox port. (it the most popular thread in aeon section! Smile)

In my opinion you shouldn't incorporate THAT many mods, just keep it basic - the regular intended skin with no mods(well maybe just the free memory mod). Then perhaps if enough people request a certain mod maybe if you feel like it, you can help. But other than that, keep it without any mods, not only would there be much less bugs but you wouldn't have to keep up with all the mods and tweaks and people would complain a lot less that a certain mod don't work, plus in coming weeks there will be more and more mods coming out. So it will be just hard to keep up. At best maybe incorporate few mods, but only as separate package.

But that's just my 2c. Know you have support from me! Thank you and hopefully your batteries will be fully charged soon.

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-31

diemos Wrote:Paul amazing job as usual, test 2 works great. Isn't it funny, as soon as you wanted to recharge your batteries, a new, kind of, major update came out from djh_ Sad we appreciate all the hard work you put into this project. I really hope you continue with this project as it would mean a lot, not to mention its the only xbox port.

In my opinion you shouldn't incorporate THAT many mods, just keep it basic - the regular intended skin with no mods(well maybe just the free memory mod). Then perhaps if enough people request a certain mod maybe if you feel like it you can help. But other than that, keep it without any mods, not only would there be much less bugs but you wouldn't have to keep up with all the mods and tweaks and people complains that a mod don't work, plus in coming weeks there will be more and more mods coming out.

But that's just my 2c. Know you have support from me! Thank you and hopefully your batteries will be fully charged soon.

That's a good idea. It makes things easier for Paul and it also allows people to only add the mods they want.

Maybe we need a poll of what to include in Paul's "stock" xbox release.

Of course, I am grateful and will be happy with whatever Paul feels like including, even if it's with no mods.

Get some rest Paul and thanks again!

- paul - 2009-06-01

diemos Wrote:Paul amazing job as usual, test 2 works great. Isn't it funny, as soon as you wanted to recharge your batteries, a new, kind of, major update came out from djh_ Sad we appreciate all the hard work you put into this project. I really hope you continue with this project as it would mean a lot to all, not to mention its the only xbox port. (it the most popular thread in aeon section! Smile)

In my opinion you shouldn't incorporate THAT many mods, just keep it basic - the regular intended skin with no mods(well maybe just the free memory mod). Then perhaps if enough people request a certain mod maybe if you feel like it, you can help. But other than that, keep it without any mods, not only would there be much less bugs but you wouldn't have to keep up with all the mods and tweaks and people would complain a lot less that a certain mod don't work, plus in coming weeks there will be more and more mods coming out. So it will be just hard to keep up. At best maybe incorporate few mods, but only as separate package.

Thank's i had given some thought to creating a "Basic" skin with the most essential mods
Like g00fy1's menu lock and freememory bar and the smaller volume bar.
If you guys prefer just that sort of thing then it makes things easier as i have been runnin my arse off lately just trying to get the newer auriga to work on xbox but none of the backdrops work and some fanart does not work either. the new multiplex is also nice on my pc but wether it will port to the xbox is any body's guess. i am still working on the new genre posters for movies / Tv / Music. so there will be another revision but i can't say when
as my patience as taken a severe beating, no doubt i will bounce back like the duracell bunny in a week or so.:p
g00fy1 Wrote:That's a good idea. It makes things easier for Paul and it also allows people to only add the mods they want.

Maybe we need a poll of what to include in Paul's "stock" xbox release.

Of course, I am grateful and will be happy with whatever Paul feels like including, even if it's with no mods.

Get some rest Paul and thanks again!
Thank's i will look into doing some kind of poll to find out what sort of skin people want as i do realise not everybody has either the time or know how to add mods. it's never as simple as just replacing one file as a lot of mods use the same files as i am sure you know, of course you know what the hell am i saying. thanks speaking up as it does help to spur me on.
And so for know this project is on a go slow. Untill I / we decide just what the hell we really do want in this fine looking skinHuh

- joncgde2 - 2009-06-01

paul, whatever you end up doing, just know that there are a lot of us that value your effort Smile

not many people comment, but the sheer number of downloads should show how many people appreciate what you do!

again, many thanks for all your hard work. when your next version comes, it comes. we will all be waiting Big Grin

- g00fy1 - 2009-06-01

Paul, I've set up a poll on a site with your list of fixes and mods from your last release. I've set it to take 100 surveys. We can use it or not, I just figured I'd give you a hand so you wouldn't have to set a poll up.

People can take the survey here: http://www.makesurvey.net/cgi-bin/survey.dll/7BC299881B3A48F88E7466F445FECE5B

It will only allow one survey per person.