Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- shokka9 - 2009-06-18

WOW!

This is hard reading...as a xbox user this thread is a must...whether its here or somewhere else.

I just wanna say that there is a need to support us: the original, probably highest number (in units) of users of XBMC...why would we not need it?

Times change, but my xbox still works Smile, why would i make/buy HTPC, i have no need, i have a PC, but numerous xboxes to strictly play media.

Paul, do what u do and anyone that can help, please help.

Nightly and such - jaygriggs - 2009-06-18

I agree with everyone. I guess Im actually doing it backwards I have 3 xboxes in my 3 rooms and Im installing a network and getting a NAS sometime this summer... Anyways I found that aside from a few small bugs Aeon revision 6 runs great especially on my 128mb xbox. The only thing that kills me though is theres no file explorerSad with that addition it would be perfect and could replace mc360 which I run on 2 of my xboxes still. The reason Im posting is because Im having a issue with Nightly build 20881. It appears not to show anything in my E or F partitions even though its there. If I load up evolution x pop its all there or an older xbmc build but not with this nightly build. It might just not like my massive harddrive which is the case with alot of the xbox software. So could anyone confirm the same thing with this build or point me in the direction of a build that youve ran that shows all partitions?
Thanks in Advance
Jay

- diemos - 2009-06-18

Need to move on to better things? Give me a break man! the newest skin AEON with all the bells and whistles works perfectly fine on XBOX with fanart and mediatags and everything ON. So how is XBOX not powerful enough or need to move on. Damn, i mean if not AEON skin, XBOX would be more then enough to run XBMC and any other skin. Why drop the support, or if not I'm not phrasing it right, 'why not keep supporting it 100%'.

Come on! One person support XBOX... and devs don't care!?

- shokka9 - 2009-06-19

looks like the devs are having their own little party (with HTPc's) up their own bums Wink

No mind...we help each other then, between us i am sure we can manage. I just find it strange that they are deserting the one device that started it all.

Oh, the XBOX is powerful enough, its the way the code works, now they on HTPC's, its different and they can be more creative etc. Yeah, we all understand, but why make us feel like lower class people??

Thanks everybody again who helps and has helped.

Smile

- joebrady - 2009-06-19

diemos Wrote:Need to move on to better things? Give me a break man! the newest skin AEON with all the bells and whistles works perfectly fine on XBOX with fanart and mediatags and everything ON. So how is XBOX not powerful enough or need to move on. Damn, i mean if not AEON skin, XBOX would be more then enough to run XBMC and any other skin. Why drop the support, or if not I'm not phrasing it right, 'why not keep supporting it 100%'.

Come on! One person support XBOX... and devs don't care!?

Then why the need for the "lite" skin mods?

When the decision was made that a lot of the devs wanted to concentrate more on other platforms, a call was made to the community for anyone to step up and support the xbox. If it hadn't been for the one person who did have the willingness and experience to do it, we wouldn't have any support at all.

This thread needs to stay on topic. If there is something you really think is missing or broken on xbox, there are threads for suggesting features. And ANYONE can submitt patches or bug reports to Trac and/or do some testing if they wish.

- Bram77 - 2009-06-19

joebrady Wrote:Then why the need for the "lite" skin mods?

He's obviously talking about the Aeon Lite skin. If the skin wouldn't be optimized for the XBOX it would be impossible to use it. I totally agree that the XBOX is underrated at the moment. I know a lot of people who use the XBOX. Most of these people are not on the forum...they are hardly active on the internet. Why...? Because the XBOX is the only decent Media Center solution for non-technical people. They won't be looking for technical support on the forum....because they don't need it! The XBOX combined with XBMC is SO stable....it makes you forget how many people are sill using it. I peronally know only one person who doesn't use a XBOX for HTPC purposes and about 15 who do! I don't think there is a realistic idea about how many people are still using the XBOX.

- Ayla - 2009-06-20

"Because the XBOX is the only decent Media Center solution for non-technical people."

Wouldn't one of the very small, very cheap, ION PC's (HTPC's) with XBMC live on a CD or USB stick be just as decent and easy to use, if not more?

I mean, don't you have to FTP to the XBOX and stuff to get it to work, that seems a bit technical in itself?

You could also say, "why doesn't Microsoft still support Windows 95? It's where it all started".

Well, technology moves on (and very quickly at that).

The great thing about XBMC is that it's open source (compared to Microsoft for example), so everyone can just create their own patches and submit to Trac, like the Dev's suggested.

Nobody is saying that people shouldn't keep using their Xbox's if they want, I can understand that people would like that, but at the same time, you can't blame the Dev's for "moving on".

Regards Smile
Martin

- paul - 2009-06-20

joebrady Wrote:Then why the need for the "lite" skin mods?

When the decision was made that a lot of the devs wanted to concentrate more on other platforms, a call was made to the community for anyone to step up and support the xbox. If it hadn't been for the one person who did have the willingness and experience to do it, we wouldn't have any support at all.

This thread needs to stay on topic. If there is something you really think is missing or broken on xbox, there are threads for suggesting features. And ANYONE can submitt patches or bug reports to Trac and/or do some testing if they wish.
There are two reasons for needing A lite version 1 because the the main textures in this skin are aimed for hd 1080 so therefore the textures are being downsampled as you allready know if skins were correctly written they would run far better without the need for them to be hacked to death to make them run, just look at pm3HD transparent / serenity / and minimeedia. My other point is you say xbox is limited i say rubbish how in hell do you think it managed to play games..... let me think....... oh yes it used the power of the graphics chip.
And all rendering etc is done on the cpu under xbmc. if xbmc was written to utilise the graphics chip it would run aswell as a lot of pcs with intergrated chipsets. and so like many software writers your cutting chunks out of the corners that's why there the pc market is like it is my friends pc i s a pentium4 2.2 ghz processor with one gig of ram but hey xbmc will not run well on it Why because it will not use the resources of his graphics card. so again great software just poorly written and i am not trying to have a go i am just trying to make a point that if all software writers were to write code without cutting corners there would not be a need to keep upgradeing your machine so in 18 months time current pc's will not run xbmc because like most software it's bloated and ill written in my view. so wake up guys and enter the real world most people can't afford the latest cutting edge pc's to keep up with sloppyily written programs and skins. at rate your going we will soon all need 4ghz cpu's and at least 2gb of ram. Because xbmc on my pc uses 500MB Of ram XP Pro the os only uses about 50 mb even video encoding does not use that much.
Any way i am wasting my time as you clearly want nothing more to do with xbox but if you do not support your main userbase then you are surely doomed.
And just to be clear this is not me getting at arnova it's the rest of the team with there holier than thou attitude. well i should have realised this when i discovered that your registered in FRANCE.
And i really do hope people keep bugging you all for more support as they deserve better:p
Ps all loyal supporters who have contacted me directly i will be in touch in the next week or so via e-mail with the new link to all my updates.
Anyone else who want's either contact me or do your own developers need not bother as you failed to help me in the past i don't see why you should benefit
from my hard work.
Thanks guys

- terdinglage - 2009-06-20

Just a little confusion here, but I installed the final MK1 release, and it looks to be using Multiplex MK2. Is this supposed to be the case? I was actually looking to have MK1 so I've installed an older version of Aruga Lite, but I'd prefer to be on paul's latest version and MK1.

- wannabegt4 - 2009-06-20

I thought I saw an option to change it in settings under customise... Can't be bothered to check now though I'm sure it's there something about old multiplex... I know the xml is there for it.

- mkv1080p - 2009-06-20

I don't understand what the fuss is all about here. The xbox is working great the way it is right now. It's perfect at doing what it's supposed to do so I don't see what the problem is. Aeon was made from ground up with the aim of running natively in full 1080p glory. If you don't have the hardware for it then don't use it (there are so many other alternatives available out there) or better yet hack it yourself, which apparently you already did so I still don't get what kind of more lameass moronic support are you trolls keep yapping about? If you have any technical problem with the xbox just post and I'm sure someone will help you out in the forum.

@paul, if by support you mean having the developers working their ass off to make the xbox run 1080p movies, then you can stop dreaming. I mean why would anybody even bother investing their time and energy on something that's dieing. The minute they made xbox run 1080p movies, their xbox is probably the last one left. My point is that cost greatly outweighs benefits here. The xbox is not being produced any more. Why would you even think about xbox when you could as easily get yourself a pc and develop without bound and expand down the horizon and without having to mess with all the hacking like in the xbox.

and Paul, if you're so good why haven't you done any real work like unlocking the full potential of the xbox graphic chip or some other bullshit that you just posted instead of just downsizing the skin texture that a 5 year old can a.ready do in photoshop. You're only being selfish when you keep bugging the developers to make something which only you and probably your grandsons enjoy down the road. If you want nice HD xbmc then get yourself better hardware. It's so simple. I guess this concept is too profound for some of you shallow-minded cheap-ass complain-prone me-want-1080p-on-xbox-now pieces of [insert something here] to grasp.

- paul - 2009-06-20

mkv1080p Wrote:I don't understand what the fuss is all about here. The xbox is working great the way it is right now. It's perfect at doing what it's supposed to do so I don't see what the problem is. Aeon was made from ground up with the aim of running natively in full 1080p glory. If you don't have the hardware for it then don't use it (there are so many other alternatives available out there) or better yet hack it yourself, which apparently you already did so I still don't get what kind of more lameass moronic support are you trolls keep yapping about? If you have any technical problem with the xbox just post and I'm sure someone will help you out in the forum.

@paul, if by support you mean having the developers working their ass off to make the xbox run 1080p movies, then you can stop dreaming. I mean why would anybody even bother investing their time and energy on something that's dieing. The minute they made xbox run 1080p movies, their xbox is probably the last one left. My point is that cost greatly outweighs benefits here. The xbox is not being produced any more. Why would you even think about xbox when you could as easily get yourself a pc and develop without bound and expand down the horizon and without having to mess with all the hacking like in the xbox.

and Paul, if you're so good why haven't you done any real work like unlocking the full potential of the xbox graphic chip or some other bullshit that you just posted instead of just downsizing the skin texture that a 5 year old can a.ready do in photoshop. You're only being selfish when you keep bugging the developers to make something which only you and probably your grandsons enjoy down the road. If you want nice HD xbmc then get yourself better hardware. It's so simple. I guess this concept is too profound for some of you shallow-minded cheap-ass complain-prone me-want-1080p-on-xbox-now pieces of [insert something here] to grasp.
You really have missed the point you burk it's got sod all to do with wanting 1080p i am fully aware xbox cpu is not up to it though the gpu is. as for me doing something about it your jokeing right. There the ones with all the skills if the program was written better it woul most likely run on a pentium 1 but as it is all it's eggs are in one basket which is why it needs so much power and memory, if games were written in the same way there would not be any. The thing were needing is support for multi imageloading on xbox as quite a few skinners are starting to use this and xbox is capable of running this if the software is written correctly. and as for being selfish then you must be a bloody sheep so if the devs said ok were only going to support this for pcs with at least a 3ghz cpu and a graphics card costing over £200 then i suppose you would be dumb enough to dump your old machine when theres sod all wrong with it besides who wants taht 1080p shit you have all been conned one day you will wake up and realise this. so go away and eat your grass before continuing to be a total suckup.:p

- z][ggy - 2009-06-20

paul Wrote:You really have missed the point you burk it's got sod all to do with wanting 1080p i am fully aware xbox cpu is not up to it though the gpu is. as for me doing something about it your jokeing right. There the ones with all the skills if the program was written better it woul most likely run on a pentium 1 but as it is all it's eggs are in one basket which is why it needs so much power and memory, if games were written in the same way there would not be any. The thing were needing is support for multi imageloading on xbox as quite a few skinners are starting to use this and xbox is capable of running this if the software is written correctly. and as for being selfish then you must be a bloody sheep so if the devs said ok were only going to support this for pcs with at least a 3ghz cpu and a graphics card costing over £200 then i suppose you would be dumb enough to dump your old machine when theres sod all wrong with it besides who wants taht 1080p shit you have all been conned one day you will wake up and realise this. so go away and eat your grass before continuing to be a total suckup.:p

hahaha classic maybe he got off his soap box now paul lol

Even the dev's call it multi platform that does include (for the sheep) the xbox Rolleyes

- mtnman - 2009-06-21

mkv1080p Wrote:Why would you even think about xbox when you could as easily get yourself a pc and develop without bound and expand down the horizon and without having to mess with all the hacking like in the xbox.

Because the xbox is US$40.

- diemos - 2009-06-21

not to mention htpcs are a bit expensive and if you get a mid tower pc it will looks fugly in your living room...i mean since its at least 5 times the size of xbox... and...why would you get an htpc when xbox runs just fine with Pauls lite mod. come on.