Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- MrIcka - 2009-07-09

paul Wrote:And the black theme is superb this should be the default colour and drop the light theme
Nod

- grupy - 2009-07-09

MrIcka Wrote:No XBOX! That sucks man, how do you survive =)

Thanks for the work, nice to have a Aeon Black XBOX skin!

Is there a link for screenshots of this Aeon Black XBOX skin? OR a link to download the skin?

- paul - 2009-07-09

grupy Wrote:Is there a link for screenshots of this Aeon Black XBOX skin? OR a link to download the skin?
Have a look at black's black mod as i used his work as a starting point.
Sadly no download link available for 2 reasons 1 it's currently being tested and 2 i want it kept off this forum seeing as it was rubished by one dev it's only available privately!Wink

- wannabegt4 - 2009-07-10

Alright. So far so good... I gave it a quick run through last night and it seems very stable. I didn't loose any available memory compared to Aeon_Mod_For_XBOX_MK1. I am however still on 9.04.1 So I don't have any of the FUBAR background loading code mucking things up. I'll be upgrading to an SVN build shortly and will test it on the latest nightly build and the latest T3CH as well if I have time.

As far as bugs go I've only found one. When in the top menu in library (fanart: on Theme: light/night etc.) if you navigate to the right it won't go all the way to the end, it'll go about halfway through and then go back about three options and get stuck in a kind of loop... however if you just start going to the left you can navigate through all of the options.

- paul - 2009-07-10

wannabegt4 Wrote:Alright. So far so good... I gave it a quick run through last night and it seems very stable. I didn't loose any available memory compared to Aeon_Mod_For_XBOX_MK1. I am however still on 9.04.1 So I don't have any of the FUBAR background loading code mucking things up. I'll be upgrading to an SVN build shortly and will test it on the latest nightly build and the latest T3CH as well if I have time.

As far as bugs go I've only found one. When in the top menu in library (fanart: on Theme: light/night etc.) if you navigate to the right it won't go all the way to the end, it'll go about halfway through and then go back about three options and get stuck in a kind of loop... however if you just start going to the left you can navigate through all of the options.
Oh good i was concerned about the memory use on this, as for the bug i have seen this bug before with one of my older revisions and that was down to one of the mods.
So you know this skin is exactly the same as the one i use on my HTPC without the reduced textures and i don't recall seeing this bug but i will check it again, thanks for the feed back.Smile
I can confirm the bug is in my version also i will try to track down the cause of it and hopefully have it exterminatedHuh

- wannabegt4 - 2009-07-10

I've noticed a few dialog boxes that didn't get the new font color and therefore are almost unreadable... I know one was the "This movie is no longer available do you want to remove" dialog and it only showed half the message. I'll try and figure out what the other obscure dialog boxes were... I really should keep a pen and paper next to me from now on.

- paul - 2009-07-10

wannabegt4 Wrote:I've noticed a few dialog boxes that didn't get the new font color and therefore are almost unreadable... I know one was the "This movie is no longer available do you want to remove" dialog and it only showed half the message. I'll try and figure out what the other obscure dialog boxes were... I really should keep a pen and paper next to me from now on.
That's how the are in the original skin the use grey for the text , but i will find where to change it to White as i think that will work well for the black. though it may not work so good for the light theme. thanks for reminding me about that.Smile

- wannabegt4 - 2009-07-11

I'd say it's about ready for prime time Paul... The only other nuisances I can see is that it looks like there's an extra dialog box hiding under the "please wait" dialog box and shifted down and to the right a couple pixels and the other is sometimes when I start a movie while in multiplex art view there is a black box that shows up covering part of the art... really weird and inconsistent. I'll try and see if anything shows up in the log file next time it happens... could just be that I'm on the last stable build of XBMC.

- paul - 2009-07-11

wannabegt4 Wrote:I'd say it's about ready for prime time Paul... The only other nuisances I can see is that it looks like there's an extra dialog box hiding under the "please wait" dialog box and shifted down and to the right a couple pixels and the other is sometimes when I start a movie while in multiplex art view there is a black box that shows up covering part of the art... really weird and inconsistent. I'll try and see if anything shows up in the log file next time it happens... could just be that I'm on the last stable build of XBMC.

I havent noticed those problems it could be a diference in the way xbmc works on xbox i don't know the top menu bar problem is in my original skin i downloaded, i may have to download a clean copy from git to see what the original looks like to track it down as so far i can't see the problem. i may just have to build another xbox as soon as i get hold of a spare power supply so i can re create those problems as its easier to fix if i can see exactly what it does on screen if ya know what i mean. So it's ok on the memory side? are you running 720p
or something else?

- wannabegt4 - 2009-07-11

Still running 480i until my 36" CRT gives up the ghost. I upgraded XBMC to nightly build and I'm uploading the skin again now. I'll give it another run through on a fresh install after my library finishes scraping.

- Bram77 - 2009-07-11

Please send me a download link when you think the skin is ready for use, so I can upload it to xbmc-xbox-skins! Smile I can't wait to test the new version!

- paul - 2009-07-11

wannabegt4 Wrote:Still running 480i until my 36" CRT gives up the ghost. I upgraded XBMC to nightly build and I'm uploading the skin again now. I'll give it another run through on a fresh install after my library finishes scraping.
Thanks wannabegt4 still not found a cure for the top menu, but fortunately it's not too drastic.
Bram77 Wrote:Please send me a download link when you think the skin is ready for use, so I can upload it to xbmc-xbox-skins! Smile I can't wait to test the new version!
It may be a while as it's slow going with me not being able to test for the xbox anymore, so i am relying on users more for testing i may have enlist more, but please don't bury me with requests for testing as i have a long list of interested people.

- mcborzu - 2009-07-12

Came across this while looking up some skinning code..http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MultiImage_Control

Quote:Images should be as close as possible to the nearest highest power of 2 in width and height. The reason for this is XBMC uses swizzled textures which are quicker to render and quicker to load once they're compressed into the Textures.xpr file. Note that the image does not need to be square, and will not be scaled into a power of 2 size. Rather, any pixels outside of a power of two size will simply be dead space (wasted memory). For example, an image of size 513x513 pixels will use 4 times the memory as one of size 512x512. The XBMCTex program that does the image injection into Textures.xpr will warn you of this, but it pays to know it before you start.

Don't know if that passage is just for multiimage control or images in general but it might help with the xbox.

- paul - 2009-07-12

mcborzu Wrote:Came across this while looking up some skinning code..http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=MultiImage_Control

Don't know if that passage is just for multiimage control or images in general but it might help with the xbox.

well it's food for thought i will have a read and try to create a couple of test packs. it's worth trying thanks for the info.Smile

- jmarshall - 2009-07-12

That's old info. For xbox, I believe it's multiple of 64 horizontal, and vertical height doesn't matter.