Kodi Community Forum
[XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [XBOX] Aeon Auriga unofficial 'Lite' version for the Xbox (/showthread.php?tid=47994)

- Bram77 - 2009-07-18

rev7 is not usable for me because every time I enter the home screen I have to wait about 10 minutes before I can do anything. The 'Please wait..' message is showing meanwhile and there is a lot of HDD activity. Something is being scanned.

I'm running the skin on the XBOX.

- kautious - 2009-07-18

Bram77 Wrote:rev7 is not usable for me because every time I enter the home screen I have to wait about 10 minutes before I can do anything. The 'Please wait..' message is showing meanwhile and there is a lot of HDD activity. Something is being scanned.

Same hereRolleyes

- Firesign3394 - 2009-07-18

paul Wrote:The mod pack has long since gone and if i remember right it was to upgrade revision 4 to revision5 and this was replaced by revision6 which many say is the best for performance.
Backgrounds and i Quote "Go to settings / customise / backdrops .. there you can choose each menu item in turn but you will have to browse to each folder in the skins root folder for the back drops."
Ps this was all explained in 2 previous posts and in another threadStare

Hello,

I do this, but even after I browse to the pics, the home menu background is still black.

I just want to set movie fanart to the background.

- paul - 2009-07-18

Bram77 Wrote:rev7 is not usable for me because every time I enter the home screen I have to wait about 10 minutes before I can do anything. The 'Please wait..' message is showing meanwhile and there is a lot of HDD activity. Something is being scanned.

It seems odd that it works fine on some xbox's and not on others?
I have spoken to two others that say even there wives have no problem with the backdrops
or the strange problem with the hard drive, But i had a similar kind of problem on my last xbox before it packed in, it used to take about 10 seconds to go from any media view to the main menu, and vice versa so i put it down to hardware rather than software. But hey i may be wrong. all i do know is it works fine running it on my pc as it is the same as what i use everyday, and shokka9 and wannabegt4

- wannabegt4 - 2009-07-19

Anyone having problems when upgrading to a newer Aeon skin should delete the guisettings.xml in the userdata folder and start over.

- paul - 2009-07-19

wannabegt4 Wrote:Anyone having problems when upgrading to a newer Aeon skin should delete the guisettings.xml in the userdata folder and start over.
Quite right i forgot about thatSmile

- markiz - 2009-07-19

paul Wrote:Quite right i forgot about thatSmile

Yeah. That was the solution to my problems Big Grin

- Bram77 - 2009-07-19

Revision 7 has been uploaded to the xbmc-xbox-skins repository.
Thanks Paul!

- Firesign3394 - 2009-07-20

Why do my movie posters load slow now? How can I make it faster?

- wannabegt4 - 2009-07-20

It has to do with the new background loading code. If you disable fanart they will load faster. Just one of the drawbacks of the new code. There may be a way to make it pre-cache more images but I haven't tried yet. If you'll notice though animated transitions are smoother than before.

do you want more updates - paul - 2009-07-20

wannabegt4 Wrote:It has to do with the new background loading code. If you disable fanart they will load faster. Just one of the drawbacks of the new code. There may be a way to make it pre-cache more images but I haven't tried yet. If you'll notice though animated transitions are smoother than before.

But it does make a bigger hit on memory than before, and to be honest i see no real advantage to it on any platform. but that's my oppinion. so is memory ok for rev 7
and is it worth updateing? as i do have some extra textures ready to implement i just want to know if it's worth the time, i don't mind doing the work if i know it's going to be of real benefit to you xbox usersWink

Paul, is there anything I can do to make the posters load faster?

- paul - 2009-07-20

Firesign3394 Wrote:Paul, is there anything I can do to make the posters load faster?
The only thing i can sugest is try lowering the size of your posters to around 400 pixels high.
As thats the size i had mine set to on my xbox and i had no problems with load times. other than that i don't think theres much else you can do unless someone else can suggest somethingHuh?

Hi Paul,

After updating XBMC, some movies refuse to play in your skin. They work fine in every other skin, like xTv, or PM3. What can I do to make them play. I know I have more than enough RAM, as I have about 20 MB available. Also, do the lite versions of AEON you have look like the MK1 skin, and act like it?

- paul - 2009-07-21

Firesign3394 Wrote:Hi Paul,

After updating XBMC, some movies refuse to play in your skin. They work fine in every other skin, like xTv, or PM3. What can I do to make them play. I know I have more than enough RAM, as I have about 20 MB available. Also, do the lite versions of AEON you have look like the MK1 skin, and act like it?
If you have 20mb free then they should play but i guess it's partly down to the media your playing and the resolution your using..
To be clear Upto revision 6 these were all based on the old multiplex.
MK1 was basicaly a a test of multiplex2 to judge reactions to it, and revision 7 black is an update to that. i would say if you are having problems then drop back to revision 6 which was before DJH added the new multi image loading code, i believe that will be the death for xbox.

And so with that in mind when i find the time and patience i will try to finish of the revamp of mk1 and finish revision8 and call it a day.
Seeing as theres no demand for it anymore which do's not surprise me as i myself have left the xbox behind, sham as it took up no space and was fairly silent for the money......:p