Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Aeon Stark Comics - Own Section and View with FanArt for Comic Books (CBR/CBZ) (/showthread.php?tid=48191)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- dugan26 - 2011-10-04

Angelscry Wrote:Yes, if you have installed my add-on repository to install Advanced Launcher, XBMC will automatically update it when this one will be available.

Can you explain this in a bit more detail (excuse my ignorance)

You sent this link which showed the new version of Advanced Launcher.

But in this email you say "will automatically update when THIS one is available"
Is 1.6.0 the new version? and if it is, what do you mean by when it is available.

Again sorry for the silly questions ...

And lastly - if it is available now and for some reason XBMC wont update until later - can I update it manually (and how)?

Many thanks for your time and your work on this ...

- Angelscry - 2011-10-04

dugan26 Wrote:Can you explain this in a bit more detail (excuse my ignorance)

You sent this link which showed the new version of Advanced Launcher.

But in this email you say "will automatically update when THIS one is available"
Is 1.6.0 the new version? and if it is, what do you mean by when it is available.

Again sorry for the silly questions ...

And lastly - if it is available now and for some reason XBMC wont update until later - can I update it manually (and how)?

Many thanks for your time and your work on this ...
You ask me how you will be informed that a new version of advanced Launcher will be released. So I send you URLs of different pages indicating this info.

Version 1.6.0 is the last version. But that is not the version that include ComicVine results list improvements that I described before.

If you have installed my repository into XBMC, Advanced Launcher will be automatically updated. If you do not have installed my repository you will have to install each new version of Advanced Launcher manually.

To install add-on or repository manually, download the last version on google code page, then go into XBMC, "Settings" menu, "Add-ons" menu, then select "Install from zip file" option,. Here select the downloaded archive, and it will install or update the corresponding add-on or repository into XBMC.

- dugan26 - 2011-10-04

Angelscry Wrote:Version 1.6.0 is the last version. But that is not the version that include ComicVine results list improvements that I described before.

Understood - I thought 1.6.0 was the version that included the comic vine changes ...

Thanks again

- Angelscry - 2011-10-04

dugan26 Wrote:Understood - I thought 1.6.0 was the version that included the comic vine changes ...

Thanks again
Will be surely into the version 1.6.1 and will be released during the next days. I just want to make some other tests on the ComicVine thumbs scrapper to try to improve it.

- TerranQ - 2011-10-04

Angelscry Wrote:Folder structure is not the more important. Just have to be sure that all the comic archives of a same serie are into the same folder. When you will create a files launcher (a.k.a. a comic serie) into Advanced Launcher you just have to indicate the folder of this serie (in your exemple Dracula - The Company of Monsters).

The most important is the name of the archive. If your comic file is named Dracula - The Company of Monsters Vol.2010 #1.cbr it will not works because Dracula - The Company of Monsters Vol.2010 is not a valid volume name for ComicVine. You will have best result with an archive name like this Dracula - The Company of Monsters #1.cbr.

Wait, so I'd need a seperate launcher for each series? I have well over 100 series, so that isn't really isn't too user friendly. It's a great idea, and well implemented, but it needs to address a nested hierarchy

- Angelscry - 2011-10-04

TerranQ Wrote:Wait, so I'd need a seperate launcher for each series? I have well over 100 series, so that isn't really isn't too user friendly. It's a great idea, and well implemented, but it needs to address a nested hierarchy
Advanced launcher is dedicated to start all kind of applications. For example if you have a serie into PDF files and another one into .CBR, using one launcher by serie allows you to use differents applications to read PDF or CBR files. Why stay limited to a specific application or to your specific folder structure?

- hentai23 - 2011-10-04

i think what he means is he has about 100 different comic book/manga series

like : the darkness, angelus , xmen , spawn , captain america , bleach ,batman etc etc

they all have nothing to do with the other , i think he means hed have to create a launcher for every comic book series since if hed simply use a single launcher for all of his comics hed never find the comic hed be looking for under those 1000´s of issues xD

so hed have to create 100 launchers in adv in order to have every series to its own ?

is this correct? hmmmmm........the only solution id see to not have to create a launcher for every series manual would be for adv to scan a or multiple directorys that you specify, kindoff like when you add sources to videos ,music etc, and it to autocreate a launcher based on the foldername aka series that holds the corresponding issues and autosetting cbr and cbz extensions as its default file extensions...and then simply import youre items aka cbr or cbz files automatically into the given launcher from the series folder , now that i would like too xD

p.s: damn after hearing that i think ill be creating a duplicate entry as you showed in youre submenu games / comics thread afterall xD of course not the submenu but as

main menu item instead for me cause i hate submenus too much fiddling with menu items xD

since i can see me navigating through 10000s of comics just to find a comic of a specific series already xD ....ohhh the horror!!!looks like ill be starting to sort all my comic issues into seperate groups aka series afterall since i can see my collection growing daily xD

anybody know of an app that sorts youre cbz / cbr issues into the according series? creating the folders for it automatically?itd be a great help for sure -.-'

but anyhow id say for this angelscry would have to make a extra customized adv just for comics with the extra options and specific commands as i explained

thou id think it would be so worth it !!!

- Angelscry - 2011-10-04

hentai23 Wrote:i think what he means is he has about 100 different comic book/manga series

like : the darkness, angelus , xmen , spawn , captain america , bleach ,batman etc etc

they all have nothing to do with the other , i think he means hed have to create a launcher for every comic book series since if hed simply use a single launcher for all of his comics hed never find the comic hed be looking for under those 1000´s of issues xD
There is a search engine into Advanced Launcher... So if it as too many issues in the same launcher he can make a search.

hentai23 Wrote:so hed have to create 100 launchers in adv in order to have every series to its own ?
Yes, as he create 100 different folders to store them. A launcher is not only here to start an application or files, it is also here to group items together and display specific information for this group.

hentai23 Wrote:is this correct? hmmmmm........the only solution id see to not have to create a launcher for every series manual would be for adv to scan a or multiple directorys that you specify, kindoff like when you add sources to videos ,music etc, and it to autocreate a launcher based on the foldername aka series that holds the corresponding issues and autosetting cbr and cbz extensions as its default file extensions...and then simply import youre items aka cbr or cbz files automatically into the given launcher from the series folder , now that i would like too xD
Autocreate launchers based on foldernames is a non-sense. Media into XBMC (like music, video) are not sorted by their foldername, but by their metadata (title, release date, actors, genre, etc...).

hentai23 Wrote:since i can see me navigating through 10000s of comics just to find a comic of a specific series already xD ....ohhh the horror!!!looks like ill be starting to sort all my comic issues into seperate groups aka series afterall since i can see my collection growing daily xD
Use the search engine that is into Advanced Launcher. Rolleyes

hentai23 Wrote:but anyhow id say for this angelscry would have to make a extra customized adv just for comics with the extra options and specific commands as i explained
No I will not do it. I'm working on an application launcher not a comics manager. If you do not like how Advanced Launcher works use another add-on.

- hentai23 - 2011-10-05

no i will not use another addon i refuse !! xD, i was just making suggestions, chill -.-'

you know i love youre advanced launcher addon bro , so i guess ill be making a couple launchers for all of my series then xD,peace

and keep up the good work as always

thou one request i need you to do for me angelscry please

add the advanced launcher.2 to youre official angelscry repo , so our duplicate adv stays updated too , i beg of you only this one thing , since any other way wed have to create

a new advanced launcher 2 for every update you make

and since it really is neccesary since you need comics to be managed by a seperate adv as you know in order to keep youre games from youre comic series launchers , thanks in advance bro

- TerranQ - 2011-10-05

As I stated before, my comics are organized into series already, with the metadata already saved:
eg) D:/Comics/DC Comics/Batman/vol y issue xx
etc etc etc, probably hundreds of series. All issues are either CBR or CBZ.

While your approach would work fine for those people with a few series/issues, it doesn't work for those with 20+ GB of multiple series archived. Never mind how time consuming it would be, I can't imagine it would be very resource friendly either.

As for:
Quote:Advanced launcher is dedicated to start all kind of applications. For example if you have a serie into PDF files and another one into .CBR, using one launcher by serie allows you to use differents applications to read PDF or CBR files. Why stay limited to a specific application or to your specific folder structure?
What about those who have mixed file types in a series. For example, they have
Batman/Batman #345.cbr
and
Batman/Batman #346.pdf
By your own admittance, this would not work, so they would have to convert all issues to either pdf or cbr/cbz, in which case my idea of a nested hierarchy would work just as well, since all file types would be the same and require the same application-picture the tv show library, but for comics: one folder for each series, you scan the root folder in and it picks up each series.

I'm not saying you should change your approach to suit my needs, just pointing out that your approach is not user friendly and limited.

P.S-Hentai23-use comicrack with the comicvine scraper and once your issues are all scraped properly you can use another addon to automatically sort them into folders grouped how you want. Mine are sorted by publisher/series/volume/issue

- hentai23 - 2011-10-05

and what would that addon be?if i may ask xD i see you got some knowledge there so help a noob out bro

and you have a point about the userfriendlyness but i dont think youre feedback is gona be liked by angelscry xD , he seems pissed off atm xD

- TerranQ - 2011-10-05

hentai23 Wrote:and what would that addon be?if i may ask xD i see you got some knowledge there so help a noob out bro

and you have a point about the userfriendlyness but i dont think youre feedback is gona be liked by angelscry xD , he seems pissed off atm xD

Sorry, I wasn't on my main computer when I posted before. The addon I use to organize the scraped files is just called "library organizer".

ComicRack is kind of confusing at first, so you might want to read the forums/user guide over before you get to involved in scraping and organizing. It can save you some time down the road.

- hentai23 - 2011-10-05

well i check that library organizer out and there is a userguide when you do a first install from the getgo ill just reinstall comickrack , perhaps

ill finally get some use out of it , thou i really dont like it its image filter sux thou , but adv has the comicvine scraper in it so you dont even need comickrack id say , right?

update: think ill be using a program called comic collector to sort my comics its easier and userfriendlier just gotta add the issues from when to when and publisher etc and creates the series folder for you nicely organized

but youre correct for us comic collectors its a major pain to go about creating 10000 launchers for all the comic series -.-'

- dugan26 - 2011-11-08

Hi-

does Advance Launcher with comics work in Pre-Eden - with MQ3 ?

I have it all set up - but when it launches comic books it does it externally from XBMC - lt launches Comicrack and takes over active window.

- Angelscry - 2011-11-08

Advanced Launcher works with any skin on dharma and pre-eden version. But using Comirack as external crz/cbr viewer with XBMC is not the best choice. Using CDisplayEx, Comical or Gonvisor are better solution : http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Comic_Books_Archives