Kodi Community Forum
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here! (/showthread.php?tid=48315)

- XBMCG33K - 2009-04-11

Anyone find Resident Evil Studios/Productions? I can't for some reason ...

- FernFerret - 2009-04-11

No problem, i'll add a checkbox that says (OVERWRITE PREVIOUS IMAGE)

I had implemented the previous check to make sure people knew that there was already an image there.

Also: I'll get all of djh_'s original stock flags uploaded

--FF

- Halibutt - 2009-04-11

XBMCG33K Wrote:Anyone find Resident Evil Studios/Productions? I can't for some reason ...
I've been looking for that one, but couldn't find anything.. Only the game developer, but it's not the same company.

UPDATE: I uploaded 15 new high-quality logos to FFs site, including:
Icon
Disney DVD
Mandalay
Cartoon Network
Maverick
Lightstorm
IMAX
ILM
infiniFilm
PolyGram
Interactual
Franchise
Gramercy
Anchor Bay

I also prepared one for Artisan, but couldn't upload it. No idea why the script told me the pic is already there.

Sorry, i'll get that checkbox ASAP, then i'll upload it for ya!

--FF

I performed some core updates to the script, there was an error that new images were not being added to the zip package, FIXED Also added artisan image.

Halibutt: I had used an artisan.png image for testing, and it was up there, but no artisan item was assigned, there are actaully a few studios who's images exist, who's XML doesn't so I'll get those fixed.

TODO:
Auto XML GEN [OUTSTANDING]
Selection of Specific Images [OUTSTANDING]
Talk and interface with MIP [OUTSTANDING]

Still working on XML and selectable images

--FF

BTW Thanks again Halibutt, your images are great quality!

- Neku - 2009-04-11

proctor: Works perfect. Thx for help ;]

- Hitcher - 2009-04-11

djh has made a lot of changes to the Includes_MediaFlags.xml so you might want to check it out.

http://github.com/djh/aeon/commits/master

Alright I'll do that, to make sure my script updates automatically. I'm thinking of having it provide a custom XML for each user that requests, so no copy paste errors occur

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-12

FernFerret Wrote:Alright I'll do that, to make sure my script updates automatically. I'm thinking of having it provide a custom XML for each user that requests, so no copy paste errors occur

Hey there...I was literally just going through this thread manually pulling down all the images and xml to include all these studios with Serenity. Didn't see your sig until I got to page 8 or so. Wink

So, now I'm working at inverting and scaling all of these pics so they fit properly in Serenity.

In case it'd help you at all, I'm using a very similar method to djh. After reading through this thread, I quick made some changes to the code so that it should be quite easy for future additions.

Here's an example tag from my setup:
Code:
<control type="image">
            <include>StudioFlagGuts</include>
            <texture>studio/abandon.png</texture>
            <visible>substring(listitem.studio,Abandon)</visible>
        </control>

I do, however, use slightly different dimensions for my pics. 200x100 instead of 160x109, and white instead of black. Batch converting all of these was fun. Wink

Just thought I'd pop in and say "high" as my skin now has support for your site despite the fact that I just added it this evening. Very cool idea. You want my collection of TV network logos?? I think I've got over 40 or so.

- fekker - 2009-04-12

Not sure how I would go about coding MIP for this, one way would be to grab the studio list and modify the current mystudio.xml file to include those items. That file in mip is used so you can select the studio manually per movie.

then in the dialog that pops up for studio selection, i can attempt to match it to the list using the names from the xml, showing the image that would be displayed for it.

to dynamically assign the studio to the .nfo file from the imdb data, cross referencing to the list, might be abit tricky without user intervention

but... this might work
have mip grab the latest and greatest list and images, cache them (like all the other images).
add a filter to mip for studios that don't match or return more then one result
- take current textname, convert to lower case
- take all known studio names with images, convert to lower case
loop through movie data and attempt to match the one in the information to a known one.. count the number of matches
if match count is zero .. fail - no direct matches - display studio selection dialog
if match count is 1.. good
if match count is > 1 .. fail - more then one match - display studio selection dialog

of course all of this would be user selectable and disabled by default.

one way to find the list of studios would be to have someone with a large collection send the database from xbmc and look into the studio table for the list of studios it's read up from the movies and shows (it stores that data from shows in xbmc currently, it just dont' link back to the show in xbmc's gui yet)

fekker Wrote:Not sure how I would go about coding MIP for this, one way would be to grab the studio list and modify the current mystudio.xml file to include those items. That file in mip is used so you can select the studio manually per movie.

then in the dialog that pops up for studio selection, i can attempt to match it to the list using the names from the xml, showing the image that would be displayed for it.

to dynamically assign the studio to the .nfo file from the imdb data, cross referencing to the list, might be abit tricky without user intervention

but... this might work
have mip grab the latest and greatest list and images, cache them (like all the other images).
add a filter to mip for studios that don't match or return more then one result
- take current textname, convert to lower case
- take all known studio names with images, convert to lower case
loop through movie data and attempt to match the one in the information to a known one.. count the number of matches
if match count is zero .. fail - no direct matches - display studio selection dialog
if match count is 1.. good
if match count is > 1 .. fail - more then one match - display studio selection dialog

of course all of this would be user selectable and disabled by default.

one way to find the list of studios would be to have someone with a large collection send the database from xbmc and look into the studio table for the list of studios it's read up from the movies and shows (it stores that data from shows in xbmc currently, it just dont' link back to the show in xbmc's gui yet)

Wow dude, are you freaking psychic or something? I was literally just going to write a suggestion in the MIP thread requesting that we get something like this going, but couldn't think of a method that sounded pretty enough. This could be it.

I like the sorting function, that sounds like it could be quite feasable. Another thing to look at would be label searches we use to determine which studio to show. IDK...don't wanna threadjack here, but yes, that would be very awesome. I was not looking forward to redoing all my studios by hand again... Wink

- Blaizer - 2009-04-12

I got some new requests for you (I hope I'm not double posting any requests :\)

Alcon Entertainment

http://i44.tinypic.com/350kk5f.jpg

Filmax

http://i42.tinypic.com/dcxlj.png

Fuji Television Network

http://i40.tinypic.com/fe13cp.gif

NALA Films

http://i44.tinypic.com/xfumx5.png

Amazing work you're doing mate. Hope djh_ will integrate all this soon so we can download the whole package at once.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0aakn1vj5rg

Here's a link to my studios folder and the xml def file.

- v0lrath - 2009-04-12

Here's one I made for Excel Entertainment, the studio for Saints and Soldiers.

and some requests above:

- Halibutt - 2009-04-13

digitalhigh Wrote:Didn't see your sig until I got to page 8 or so. Wink
Sorry for that, I'll modify the first post as soon as I can.

Quote:I do, however, use slightly different dimensions for my pics. 200x100 instead of 160x109, and white instead of black.
Not sure about Serenity, but Stark is ok with both black and white graphics, it's all the same. Apparently even pink or yellow would do, as long as there's not too many colours. Dimensions are a bit different thing though.

Quote:You want my collection of TV network logos?? I think I've got over 40 or so.
Well, we've added some TV networks already, but only those that publish films as well. The reason is that in Stark there's no way to display those when browsing TV series. It would be nice though and I'm sure _djh would include that at a later stage.

Blaizer Wrote:I got some new requests for you (I hope I'm not double posting any requests :\)
Working on it. Smile

v0lrath Wrote:Here's one I made for Excel Entertainment, the studio for Saints and Soldiers. and some requests above
Sadly, I'm pretty sure the ones you made are too big for stark. Apart from the gfx size itself, the image within the file should be no larger than 125 x 83 px. Otherwise there's a fair chance the studio image crosses into the place occupied by sound/video source icon in Stark. To be frank I didn't check that myself, I simply assumed _djh knew what he was doing and followed the lines set by the studio gfx he prepared himself. It could be I'm totally wrong and perhaps Stark would even work fine with those larger images. If that's the case, please don't tell me that, not after so much work Big Grin
Cheers