Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: PM3.HD (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Thread: [MOD] "The Operation" PM3.HD Mod (/showthread.php?tid=48362)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- robee - 2009-05-11

When you choose''Videos''path is not good,''he went on TV shows''and not on video.
It would be good that the couple can choose the font size (normal, large, very large), as well as the arbitrary creation of the order of the main screen (for example, Videos, TV Shows, Movies, Weather ... or Game, Movies, Videos ...)
Go ahead, this is the best skin for XBMC)

- xanadu1979 - 2009-05-11

robee Wrote:Go ahead, this is the best skin for XBMC)

I couldn't agree more. I know I said it just a few posts ago, but it bears repeating, this is IMHO the best skin out there.

I'm glad that there's a skin being actively developed that doesn't need the user to jump through a ton of hoops to make it look good. I certainly refuse to download any bloated apps that replace the XBMC built-in scrapers and put a ton of jpegs in my movie and tv show folders.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-12

robee Wrote:When you choose''Videos''path is not good,''he went on TV shows''and not on video.
It would be good that the couple can choose the font size (normal, large, very large), as well as the arbitrary creation of the order of the main screen (for example, Videos, TV Shows, Movies, Weather ... or Game, Movies, Videos ...)
Go ahead, this is the best skin for XBMC)

Thanks for letting me know about Videos button. I just changed it to go to VideoFiles and not Video...this way it doesn't jump into library mode. I never noticed it because it is a feature I never use, but I know alot of people requested it.

I will see what I can do about fonts and choosing the order in which the home screen displays. I am not sure if it is possible because you would need to use a spin control and I don't think those are available on the skinning level.

Thanks again for your comments! I will have a fixed version uploaded soon.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-12

**UPDATE** 5.12

-Fixed Videos buttons. It didn't go to Video files previously.
-Added option to add Favorites to PM3.HD-Aeon home screen.
-Fixed some scroll issues in skin settings.
-Changed Video defualt backdrops to better match each home screen with Favorites now in both of them.
-Added about 15 new studio icons. These are slow for me to add because I position each one individually. I am going to try and do a few everyday until I get them all in. About 70% right now.
-Added DVD & CD cover overlays to main screen video information.
-Added new watched overlay to TV section.

Thank for all the bug reports and good words on the skin. I got to give my thanks to Jezz for the creation. All suggestion small or big are welcome. Happy to do what I can.

- garvani - 2009-05-12

First time ive ventured into this thread.. i never knew about your mod! I thought pm3 was dead and forgotten about Laugh obviously not!! Good work man!!

- yadster - 2009-05-12

Thanks again for the updates. As I use filemode I've been trying to tweek it a little to my liking (as mentioned in my previous post). After a bit of research I've edited the homepage movie, tv and video (now changed to kids) buttons so when I click them they open up the relevant folder. For example...

from this
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles)</onclick>

to this
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videofiles,G:/movies/)</onclick>

The only problems I've spotted seem to be with weather. Deactivating the TWC script doesn't seem to actually deactivate it. Not a problem for me but I thought I'd point it out. Also I still can't seem to access the weather screen but I'd be very happy with how it is at the moment in the aeonhybrid screen, so that the script can still run by clicking the weather button, I just wish there was some way to change weather locations on the home menu. Also I cannot get my weather backgrounds to show, I'm just getting a black screen. I've used the same folder of pictures in PM3HD and Horizonz4.1.

Keep up the good work.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-12

yadster Wrote:Thanks again for the updates. As I use filemode I've been trying to tweek it a little to my liking (as mentioned in my previous post). After a bit of research I've edited the homepage movie, tv and video (now changed to kids) buttons so when I click them they open up the relevant folder. For example...

from this
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles)</onclick>

to this
<onclick>ActivateWindow(videofiles,G:/movies/)</onclick>

The only problems I've spotted seem to be with weather. Deactivating the TWC script doesn't seem to actually deactivate it. Not a problem for me but I thought I'd point it out. Also I still can't seem to access the weather screen but I'd be very happy with how it is at the moment in the aeonhybrid screen, so that the script can still run by clicking the weather button, I just wish there was some way to change weather locations on the home menu. Also I cannot get my weather backgrounds to show, I'm just getting a black screen. I've used the same folder of pictures in PM3HD and Horizonz4.1.

Keep up the good work.

I looked into the script issue before work here and I did have a missing visible, so that is fixed. I doubled checked the weather window and it still does work for me in both home screen versions as well as my weather backdrops folder. I sent it out to my testers and I have had 3 of them say their backdrops work. You got me stumped why you are having these problems. I wish I knew if you were the only one or if this is a common problem, so I can narrow down why it is happening.

I will upload a new fixed version tonight and look into changing weather location on homescreen.

- dev_don - 2009-05-12

Hi ekim232,

Great skin btw.....would it be possible to add support for 4:3 Screens & TV's. Many people prefer this over Mediastream and PMIII but the aspect ratio does not fit with 4:3 well.

I know its designed for WideScreen HD Tv's but there are quite a few cheap buggers out there with the old 4:3 (like me!)

Cheers

- yadster - 2009-05-12

ekim232 Wrote:I looked into the script issue before work here and I did have a missing visible, so that is fixed. I doubled checked the weather window and it still does work for me in both home screen versions as well as my weather backdrops folder. I sent it out to my testers and I have had 3 of them say their backdrops work. You got me stumped why you are having these problems. I wish I knew if you were the only one or if this is a common problem, so I can narrow down why it is happening. I will upload a new fixed version tonight

Cheers mate. I'll wait for the fixed version and do another fresh install. It's probably something amiss with my xbox. The backdrops work fine in TV, movies and music, it's just the weather I get a black screen

ekim232 Wrote:and look into changing weather location on homescreen.

That would be super-smashing-great Smile

I really like the frames for the movies, they make the skin look more polished.

- whipper - 2009-05-12

ekim232 Wrote:I looked into the script issue before work here and I did have a missing visible, so that is fixed. I doubled checked the weather window and it still does work for me in both home screen versions as well as my weather backdrops folder. I sent it out to my testers and I have had 3 of them say their backdrops work. You got me stumped why you are having these problems. I wish I knew if you were the only one or if this is a common problem, so I can narrow down why it is happening.

I will upload a new fixed version tonight and look into changing weather location on homescreen.

I'm having the same problem with the weather backgrounds only showing Black the rest work fine.

Still loving the Mod though definatley my favourite. Just keeps getting better!

I like the movie info coming up after a while but is it possible to bring it up quicker? Change the delay time?

- ekim232 - 2009-05-13

dev_don Wrote:Hi ekim232,

Great skin btw.....would it be possible to add support for 4:3 Screens & TV's. Many people prefer this over Mediastream and PMIII but the aspect ratio does not fit with 4:3 well.

I know its designed for WideScreen HD Tv's but there are quite a few cheap buggers out there with the old 4:3 (like me!)

Cheers

I would believe that since the original design was not meant for those resolutions it would mean a complete recreate of all image and texture files....very big project and not to meantion the coding aspect.

I have been asked to work on PM3 by a few people, so I might jump in and put some of my features here into that skin. It will take me a week or two once I decide to do it.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-13

whipper Wrote:I like the movie info coming up after a while but is it possible to bring it up quicker? Change the delay time?

Look at my pastebin for the lines you need. Change the delay on system idle. The other lines should be pretty clear as well. That group is in several locations in viewvideolibrary.xml, so you will need to adjust them all or certain ones depending on the window.

http://pastebin.com/m1c4021f5

As for everyone who is having trouble with weather fanart, I am going to upload my weather folder later tonight for people to test. I originally had issues on xbox, but I renamed all my files and it seems to work fine. I have tripled tested it today on PC and my xbox so I know the code is ok. Image size for your weather fanart could also be an issue. Remember this skin is much bigger than the original in size so it takes more out of the xbox.

I also need some opinions since I am on the fence about this. I was leaning towards a more solid gradiant for the pop up info screen. I thought it would help visibilty against light fanart. I would like to get some opinions before using it or not.......or possibly go with a user setting and have both.

- ekim232 - 2009-05-13

**UPDATE 5.12FIX**

-Fixed weather script issue on PM3.HD-Aeon Hybrid homepage.
-Added current weather condition info to weather pop up on PM3.HD-Aeon Hybrid homepage. I noticed that the original only gives the current day outlook and not the current condition, which can vary and throw your weather fanart off from the condition....ie. fanart showing rain and outlook saying partly cloudy. (Request to change weather location is not possible from homepage)
-Xvid flagging was not working.
-Uploaded my weather fanart pack. Combine 2 parts into one folder.

Thats all for now. Any requests, suggestions, or bugs always welcomed. Enjoy!

**As you can see in the screenshot below, the current conditon is FAIR while the day outlook is PARTYLY CLOUDY. This really confused me for awhile when my fanart wasn't displaying right pics when I started using the Aeon style weather. These screens also show my weather fanart working and weather window working.

- dev_don - 2009-05-13

Cool no problem I understand theres a heap of work to do.

But if you do the PM3 skin with operations features I think it will be the best, especially on the Old Xbox as Memory and CPU usage can handle PM3 fine.

Thanks anyway

- whipper - 2009-05-13

ekim232 Wrote:**UPDATE 5.12FIX**

-Fixed weather script issue on PM3.HD-Aeon Hybrid homepage.
-Added current weather condition info to weather pop up on PM3.HD-Aeon Hybrid homepage. I noticed that the original only gives the current day outlook and not the current condition, which can vary and throw your weather fanart off from the condition....ie. fanart showing rain and outlook saying partly cloudy. (Request to change weather location is not possible from homepage)
-Xvid flagging was not working.
-Uploaded my weather fanart pack. Combine 2 parts into one folder.

Thats all for now. Any requests, suggestions, or bugs always welcomed. Enjoy!

**As you can see in the screenshot below, the current conditon is FAIR while the day outlook is PARTYLY CLOUDY. This really confused me for awhile when my fanart wasn't displaying right pics when I started using the Aeon style weather. These screens also show my weather fanart working and weather window working.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but do I understand you right in that the background will/should change to match weather condition? ie sunny gives sunny picture? How do I do that! Thats awesome!

Another question I'm not sure if this is normal i've started using favourites and it seems to add svn repo installer for every video I put in. So i've got 8 videos marked as favourite but 17 files( 9 svn repo) in favourites?! Is that right?

Loaded fix still won't show my custom weather backgrounds, will try load in yours and see. It doesn't really bother me but I know you asked if anyone else had the prob.

Loaded your weather backdrops and works fine