Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-07-10

nul7 Wrote:Not having any problems getting IMDB rating. Which movies have you tried that do not get a rating? Do you have "Lock Rating" enabled?

For status, filnameandpath, file, and path, it doesn't save anything to those. They are unused in Ember. It just reads what's in the tags, if anything, and spits the exact same thing back out.

ad IMDb rating - I've found out it's scraped fine, but stars aren't displayed in main window or edit movie window and if you click OK there <rating>0</rating> is saved to nfo. so basically if you single scrape movie there won't be any rating.

ad path - that's what I thougt there shouldn't be anything like this from EMM output, but I swear something messy was happening with svn656, probably had some form of path in my nfos from MIP, but after the movie was processed by EMM it wasn't definitely saved untouched, all those three items were randomly popping out (overwritting any of the others). It's even more weird as I don't have anything like that in my .nfo backups , just empty
<Path />
<filenameandpath />
<status />
anyway I'll will rather recreate all nfo's from scratch, just have to preserve trailers urls somehow Smile

- RockDawg - 2009-07-10

I brought this up before the re-write and it still is a problem... Traditional DVD file structure returns incorrect duration time after refreshing the media info. nul7, you said before that it is probably reading teh duration of only one of the .vob files, but is there any way you can make this work correctly?

- Evanrich - 2009-07-10

Are there any plans to add the ability to go out and pull trailers? I know this is dumb, but I don't know how to add trailers to my folders.

- clackerdacker - 2009-07-10

RockDawg Wrote:I brought this up before the re-write and it still is a problem... Traditional DVD file structure returns incorrect duration time after refreshing the media info. nul7, you said before that it is probably reading teh duration of only one of the .vob files, but is there any way you can make this work correctly?

This is the only thing wrong with Ember, and that's an amazing statement in itself!

Anyway, the only way I know of is using mplayer or mencoder

Code:
mplayer -vo null -ao null -frames 0 -identify "M:/300/Video_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO"

Which gives output like this, where ID_DVD_TITLE_1_LENGTH or ID_LENGTH are the values we're after

Code:
MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r28311-4.2.5 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6700  @ 2.66GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Step
ping: 11)
CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

Playing M:/300/Video_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO.
VobSub: Bad magic in IFO header
.IFO detected. Redirecting to dvd://
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
ID_DVD_TITLES=1
ID_DVD_TITLE_1_CHAPTERS=30
ID_DVD_TITLE_1_ANGLES=1
[b]ID_DVD_TITLE_1_LENGTH=6710.240[/b]
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_04_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_06_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_07_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_08_0.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VTS_09_0.IFO failed
ID_DVD_DISC_ID=6E32834FB6CE5CE6E6F4CDD85FA5C9AF
There are 1 titles on this DVD.
ID_DVD_CURRENT_TITLE=1
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
audio stream: 0 format: ac3 (5.1) language: en aid: 128.
ID_AUDIO_ID=128
ID_AID_128_LANG=en
audio stream: 1 format: ac3 (stereo) language: en aid: 129.
ID_AUDIO_ID=129
ID_AID_129_LANG=en
number of audio channels on disk: 2.
subtitle ( sid ): 0 language: en
ID_SUBTITLE_ID=0
ID_SID_0_LANG=en
subtitle ( sid ): 5 language: en
ID_SUBTITLE_ID=5
ID_SID_5_LANG=en
number of subtitles on disk: 2
CHAPTERS: 00:00:00,00:05:02,00:09:56,00:12:43,00:16:09,00:18:54,00:21:32,00:25:5
6,00:28:03,00:31:54,00:33:39,00:36:15,00:39:05,00:42:20,00:47:15,00:50:35,00:53:
16,00:59:08,01:02:39,01:05:53,01:09:43,01:12:43,01:15:24,01:18:57,01:23:07,01:25
:31,01:30:07,01:34:50,01:39:11,01:44:34,
ID_VIDEO_ID=0
MPEG-PS file format detected.
ID_AUDIO_ID=128
VIDEO:  MPEG2  720x576  (aspect 3)  25.000 fps  7500.0 kbps (937.5 kbyte/s)
ID_FILENAME=M:/300/Video_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO
ID_DEMUXER=mpegps
ID_VIDEO_FORMAT=0x10000002
ID_VIDEO_BITRATE=7500000
ID_VIDEO_WIDTH=720
ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=576
ID_VIDEO_FPS=25.000
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=0.0000
ID_AUDIO_FORMAT=8192
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=0
ID_AUDIO_RATE=0
ID_AUDIO_NCH=0
ID_LENGTH=6710.24
ID_SEEKABLE=1
ID_CHAPTERS=30
==========================================================================
Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 576 (preferred colorspace: Mpeg PES)
VDec: using Mpeg PES as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
ID_VIDEO_ASPECT=1.7778
VO: [null] 720x576 => 1024x576 Mpeg PES
Selected video codec: [mpegpes] vfm: mpegpes (MPEG-PES output (.mpg or DXR3/IVTV
/DVB/V4L2 card))
ID_VIDEO_CODEC=mpegpes
Opening audio decoder: [liba52] AC3 decoding with liba52
Using SSE optimized IMDCT transform
Using MMX optimized resampler
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 384.0 kbit/25.00% (ratio: 48000->192000)
ID_AUDIO_BITRATE=384000
ID_AUDIO_RATE=48000
ID_AUDIO_NCH=2
Selected audio codec: [a52] afm: liba52 (AC3-liba52)
AO: [null] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
ID_AUDIO_CODEC=a52
Starting playback...

Exiting... (End of file)
ID_EXIT=EOF

- IcarianVX - 2009-07-10

Evanrich Wrote:Are there any plans to add the ability to go out and pull trailers? I know this is dumb, but I don't know how to add trailers to my folders.

If it doesn't automagically find it then you can manually edit and down on the bottom of the details screen click the URL link (looks like a little Earth) and cut and paste the youtube URL for it in there and download it.

The automatic part doesn't work too well, but its more a problem with the API that gets it rather than the EMM itself. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-07-10

nul7 Wrote:It can be fixed... but what exactly is the problem?

when i have a film with 2 files... [CD1] and [CD2]
The name of the film will appear 2 times in the left menu.

It wants me to create a NFO for TheMovie[CD2].avi

understand?

- HexusOdy - 2009-07-10

I'm having trouble scraping TV shows....oh thats because its not started yet! :p

Come on guys, how many people need more movie stuff? Can you add a feature that holographically projects the Movie for me? Or how about a feature where I can go into the movie myself and be the main protaganist?

- olympia - 2009-07-10

HexusOdy Wrote:I'm having trouble scraping TV shows....oh thats because its not started yet! :p

Come on guys, how many people need more movie stuff? Can you add a feature that holographically projects the Movie for me? Or how about a feature where I can go into the movie myself and be the main protaganist?

Partly you are right, but:
Ember Media Manager is not only about scraping. It's intedned to be a true media manager. There are several usability features which we still want to discuss and implement.

...and the time we can spend is limited.

There was a new whole "back-office" created around emm(embermm.com) in the meantime. This was needed for the smooth growing and to keep everything under control. It took a lot of time as well.

Obviously we don't want(and can) do everything before move on to TV section, but again, there are some features and usability improvements which we want to deal with.

Once we think movie is ready, we will move onto TV section. Please don't stop posting requests for movies. We will of course prioritize and filter them, but hey, there were still good ideas recently.

...and please, please, please, stop begging to leave movie section. This is also for you guys. The time spent on the planning and discussion results the sotware you like that much. That's why ember is different.

- olympia - 2009-07-10

PrimaryMaster Wrote:when i have a film with 2 files... [CD1] and [CD2]
The name of the film will appear 2 times in the left menu.

It wants me to create a NFO for TheMovie[CD2].avi

understand?

Hmmmm... What about checking "Only Detect One Movie From Each Folder" in source settings?

Nevertheless we will look into the stacking markers.

Edit:
EMM is using the same stacking markers as xbmc.
[] is not valid stack markers in xbmc, so EMM is not supporting this either.

Anyhow, checking "Only Detect One Movie From Each Folder" in source settings should help. At least not displaying it twice in Ember...

- HexusOdy - 2009-07-10

olympia Wrote:Partly you are right, but:
Ember Media Manager is not only about scraping. It's intedned to be a true media manager. There are several usability features which we still want to discuss and implement.

...and the time we can spend is limited.

There was a new whole "back-office" created around emm(embermm.com) in the meantime. This was needed for the smooth growing and to keep everything under control. It took a lot of time as well.

Obviously we don't want(and can) do everything before move on to TV section, but again, there are some features and usability improvements which we want to deal with.

Once we think movie is ready, we will move onto TV section. Please don't stop posting requests for movies. We will of course prioritize and filter them, but hey, there were still good ideas recently.

...and please, please, please, stop begging to leave movie section. This is also for you guys. The time spent on the planning and discussion results the sotware you like that much. That's why ember is different.

Thats fair enough, but please don't take too long. The only reason we keep askig is because there isn't anything out there at the moment to manage TV shows well. I'm just about surviving on an old buggy Media Companion.

- Walhalla - 2009-07-10

in reference to issue number : 231

nul7 Wrote:You can simply add it to the Ratings.xml. I've added it to the default extras
package, but I can't find an image, or any information about it for that matter. Do
you have a link to a logo to use with this cert or is it the same as one of the other
German certs?

o.Al. is the other naming for the Rating of 0, they are basically the same.

ohne Altersbeschränkung = without age restriction

But as iMDB is using "Germany:o.Al." i think we should replace the "Germany:0" in the MPAA selection with "Germany:o.Al."

Ember with Sevenx64 - totone - 2009-07-10

Hello people!

i need to now! Ember Media Manager works with Seven X64?

Thanks!Wink

- rausch101 - 2009-07-10

totone Wrote:Hello people!

i need to now! Ember Media Manager works with Seven X64?

Thanks!Wink

This question was already asked in this thread some pages back

rausch101 Wrote:I run Ember on Windows 7 64 bit and it works error-free for me.

- clackerdacker - 2009-07-11

clackerdacker Wrote:This is the only thing wrong with Ember, and that's an amazing statement in itself!

Anyway, the only way I know of is using mplayer or mencoder
Actually thats not quite true. I'm just coverting some C code to C# and then to VB.NET that uses the IFO file to extract the running time of the title.[/SIZE]

EDIT: Or even easier, just use this VB.NET class

Code:
Dim dvd As clsDVD = New clsDVD()
dvd.fctOpenIFOFile("M:\\300\\")

dvd.GetProgramChainPlayBackTime(1,1)

- nul7 - 2009-07-11

clackerdacker Wrote:Actually thats not quite true. I'm just coverting some C code to C# and then to VB.NET that uses the IFO file to extract the running time of the title.[/SIZE]

EDIT: Or even easier, just use this VB.NET class

Code:
Dim dvd As clsDVD = New clsDVD()
dvd.fctOpenIFOFile("M:\\300\\")

dvd.GetProgramChainPlayBackTime(1,1)

Thanks for the link to the class. Implemented, but I have absolutely no clue if it works as I don't have any full dvd rips. I'll rip one tomorrow, but if anyone could test from SVN and let me know if it works at all it would really help.