Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- RockDawg - 2009-07-11

nul7 Wrote:EDIT: And for fanart... make sure you are clicking on the image that you want to save as fanart. As noted at the bottom of the screen, the selected image is the one that will be used as fanart and the checked images will be saved as extrathumbs.

OK, I'm officially a moron! I missed that note on the bottom. Indeed it works correctly, now that I actually read what was on the screen. Rolleyes Sorry and thanks for your help.

- nul7 - 2009-07-12

clackerdacker Wrote:Yes. I think the only issue would be auto branching DVDs that have both normal and extended versions on the same disk, but then this is unavoidable without manual input and I don't see it as a major problem.

I'll test the next version against The Abyss and Independance Day which are both branching DVDs. My main PC is buggered so I can't test SVN versions ....

Ok, I think all the kinks are worked out and it works perfectly on my one DVD rip that I have. lol Give the SVN version a go and see if you have an probs with it.

EDIT: Just read the "can't test SVN versions" part. Want a test build?

RockDawg Wrote:OK, I'm officially a moron! I missed that note on the bottom. Indeed it works correctly, now that I actually read what was on the screen. Rolleyes Sorry and thanks for your help.

lol Trust me... you're not the first person to have the same problem. Wink

- proctor - 2009-07-12

nul7 Wrote:But it's actually returning results? If you click on the movie in the media list and look in the status bar, it will show which file it's using for that movie. Is it the correct one?

EDIT: Would it be safe to assume that the one with the longest duration is the correct one to use?

EDIT2: SVN version uses ifo file with longest duration and will also look for ifo files if selected video file is vob (if none found, if falls back to mediainfo.dll in the case of vobs)

I just built r702, and looking at the status bar it looks like the correct VOB is listed, however the results are all wacky. The dozen or so VIDEO_TS folders I tested are all over the place.

For example, 'A Streetcar Named Desire' should be approx 122 min, but it comes up as 1808 mins and 'Il profumo della signora in nero' should be 101 min but scans as 76 min.

- clackerdacker - 2009-07-12

nul7 Wrote:EDIT: Just read the "can't test SVN versions" part. Want a test build?
That would be good

- nul7 - 2009-07-12

proctor Wrote:I just built r702, and looking at the status bar it looks like the correct VOB is listed, however the results are all wacky. The dozen or so VIDEO_TS folders I tested are all over the place.

For example, 'A Streetcar Named Desire' should be approx 122 min, but it comes up as 1808 mins and 'Il profumo della signora in nero' should be 101 min but scans as 76 min.

yes, found a few probs with 702.... try 703. Still tweaking a few more things.... so will probably have 704 in a few minutes. lol

clackerdacker Wrote:That would be good

I'll post a link to one in a few mins once a few more tweaks are done.

- proctor - 2009-07-12

Just looking at the code, in clsDVD.vb function fctOpenIFOFile()

Code:
'find the one with the longest duration
            For Each fFile As String In IFOFiles
                ParsedIFOFile = fctParseIFO_VSTFile(intNbOfIFOFile, fFile)
                currDuration = Convert.ToInt32(GetProgramChainPlayBackTime(1, 1, True))
                If currDuration > currLongest Then
                    currLongest = currDuration
                    tIFOFile = ParsedIFOFile
                End If
            Next

Shouldn't that call to GetProgramChainPlayBackTime dynamically pass the value of each IFO file?

- nul7 - 2009-07-12

proctor Wrote:Just looking at the code, in clsDVD.vb function fctOpenIFOFile()

Code:
'find the one with the longest duration
            For Each fFile As String In IFOFiles
                ParsedIFOFile = fctParseIFO_VSTFile(intNbOfIFOFile, fFile)
                currDuration = Convert.ToInt32(GetProgramChainPlayBackTime(1, 1, True))
                If currDuration > currLongest Then
                    currLongest = currDuration
                    tIFOFile = ParsedIFOFile
                End If
            Next

Shouldn't that call to GetProgramChainPlayBackTime dynamically pass the value of each IFO file?

ParsedIFOFile is set to the current IFO via the line above it

EDIT: Update from SVN and it may make a little more sense.

- nul7 - 2009-07-12

Here are a couple test builds:

x86 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r705_exeonly_x86_TEST.zip

x64 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r705_exeonly_x64_TEST.zip

- RockDawg - 2009-07-12

I just tried the test build and afeter refreshing media info, all my DVD rips show a duration of 56h 47mn 47s. It also aspect raio as 1.5 for all movies, it shows codec as mpeg 1 and there's no sound info.

Previously, I was running r656 and no duration was listed, all aspect ratios were listed 1.33, no codec info was shown and there was no sound info.

- Drifty - 2009-07-12

Can anyone tell me if the Bulk Renamer tool also rename the corresponding poster file and fanart file too? I would like to press the button but am not sure if it will break.

- JustinAiken - 2009-07-12

Couple of questions...

1) If a find a youtube URL to put in for the trailer (but don't download anything, just leave the URL), my XBMC 9 on windows does nothing when clicking on the trailer in movie info...

Should this be working, or do you need a certain skin to do this, or do you have to download the trailer for this to work?

2) Right now I have all options check for which files to write... ie movie.tbn, movie.nfo [movie].nfo, etc... all of them!

I just want to make sure that the movies will scrape from XBMC with art and nfo intact, both in the default skin and in Aeon... can I uncheck some options?

Thanks nul7, this program is options! Getting my collection of 500 movies on the HD and 1000 more on disc in order!

- nul7 - 2009-07-12

Drifty Wrote:Can anyone tell me if the Bulk Renamer tool also rename the corresponding poster file and fanart file too? I would like to press the button but am not sure if it will break.

Yep.... it will rename the files that it detects as attached to the movie. So if you have more than one file for each file type, it won't rename them all. For example, if you have:

Just.Some.Movie.avi
Just.Some.Movie.tbn
Just.Some.Movie.jpg

Ember detects Just.Some.Movie.tbn as the "proper" thumbnail so if you use "$T $Y" as the pattern, you'll end up with:

Just Some Movie 2009.avi
Just Some Movie 2009.tbn
Just.Some.Movie.jpg

Does that make sense?

clock2113 Wrote:Couple of questions...

1) If a find a youtube URL to put in for the trailer (but don't download anything, just leave the URL), my XBMC 9 on windows does nothing when clicking on the trailer in movie info...

Should this be working, or do you need a certain skin to do this, or do you have to download the trailer for this to work?

2) Right now I have all options check for which files to write... ie movie.tbn, movie.nfo [movie].nfo, etc... all of them!

I just want to make sure that the movies will scrape from XBMC with art and nfo intact, both in the default skin and in Aeon... can I uncheck some options?

Thanks nul7, this program is options! Getting my collection of 500 movies on the HD and 1000 more on disc in order!

1> You need to refresh the movie in XBMC for it to pick up the changes to the nfo and other files. If you make changes to a bunch of movies, it's usually easier just to remove and recreate the movie source.

2> Personally, I use the following setup for file types:

Poster:
movie.tbn
<movie>.tbn

Fanart:
fanart.jpg
<movie>-fanart.jpg

Nfo:
movie.nfo
<movie>.nfo

And enable "Use <movie> Only for Folders with Multiple Movies" (this option is not in r656.... will be in next release).

With this setup, there aren't a bunch of unused files sitting in each folder. It only creates one file for each type.

- JustinAiken - 2009-07-13

Hmmm.... right now EMM isn't finder any 1080p wallpapers, only 720p and lower... even if I look on tmd manually and see that there is a 1080p option... ?

- nul7 - 2009-07-13

clock2113 Wrote:Hmmm.... right now EMM isn't finder any 1080p wallpapers, only 720p and lower... even if I look on tmd manually and see that there is a 1080p option... ?

Ember uses the API to search TMDB, so it's contents may differ from what's displayed on the site until the API cache is updated. I'll need to check if it's an issue of the API or with Ember so can you give me a specific movie that this is happening for?

- JustinAiken - 2009-07-13

Anchorman, Air Force One are the last two I noticed it on...