Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2009-07-13

clock2113 Wrote:Anchorman, Air Force One are the last two I noticed it on...

I don't have Air Force One to verify, but for Anchorman, I get 1 that is 1920x1080 and one that is 1920x1081 plus 10 others.... try clearing the cache for those movies (or all cache) and try again.

- JustinAiken - 2009-07-13

Clearing all caches worked! Smile

- Roborob - 2009-07-13

The Last version works really great, I use video_ts folder and Ember is scanning the ifo file and I can see all the media flags, but I don't see them in XBMC. I Use latest SVN and latest Auriga. What is the problem ? Do i need to install the icons in Auriga or something it worked before.

Just one suggestion, I don't want to rename all my files to get DVD or Blu-ray icons. could there an option to give the file the media flags manually bij selecting if it is Blu-ray or DVD or something else, like checkbox or dropdown menu.
? Maybe also for other media flags ? Like DTS aso.

- mark007 - 2009-07-13

Hi,

Using build 656, emm seems to have a problem with extrathumbs for many of my movies. For example, American History X, I have approx 6 extra thumbs saved, all downloaded with a previous version many weeks ago. Now the icon indicating the existance of extra thumbs is unchecked, and double clicking the movie in emm, I only get a "Details", "Poster" and "Fanart" tab. I don't see an extra thumbs tab there. I don't get an error message.

How can I find out whats going wrong. Cheers!

- nul7 - 2009-07-13

clock2113 Wrote:Clearing all caches worked! Smile

Excellent. Thanks for the follow-up.

Roborob Wrote:The Last version works really great, I use video_ts folder and Ember is scanning the ifo file and I can see all the media flags, but I don't see them in XBMC. I Use latest SVN and latest Auriga. What is the problem ? Do i need to install the icons in Auriga or something it worked before.

Just one suggestion, I don't want to rename all my files to get DVD or Blu-ray icons. could there an option to give the file the media flags manually bij selecting if it is Blu-ray or DVD or something else, like checkbox or dropdown menu.
? Maybe also for other media flags ? Like DTS aso.

Have you refreshed the movie in XBMC? Or maybe XBMC doesn't read flags for certain file types even if the data is in the nfo?

A flags editor is on the to do list. Wink

mark007 Wrote:Hi,

Using build 656, emm seems to have a problem with extrathumbs for many of my movies. For example, American History X, I have approx 6 extra thumbs saved, all downloaded with a previous version many weeks ago. Now the icon indicating the existance of extra thumbs is unchecked, and double clicking the movie in emm, I only get a "Details", "Poster" and "Fanart" tab. I don't see an extra thumbs tab there. I don't get an error message.

How can I find out whats going wrong. Cheers!

The tabs are hidden and the existence of extrathumbs is not checked for movies that have more than one video in the folder. During scanning it should automatically detect if there is only one video file in the folder (even if you don't have "Detect only one movie from each folder" selected in the source options). Try reloading all movies (in the Tools menu). If that doesn't work, please create a ticket (see the link in my signature) and we'll dig around.

EDIT: And if reloading all movies doesn't work, try removing and recreating the source.

- mark007 - 2009-07-13

nul7 Wrote:The tabs are hidden and the existence of extrathumbs is not checked for movies that have more than one video in the folder. During scanning it should automatically detect if there is only one video file in the folder (even if you don't have "Detect only one movie from each folder" selected in the source options). Try reloading all movies (in the Tools menu). If that doesn't work, please create a ticket (see the link in my signature) and we'll dig around.

Ah I see. Well the last "bug" that I reported was replication of movie names with multiple vobs from a DVD VIDEO_TS folder. This new "bug" seems to be a new manifestation of that, where each vob is seen as a seperate video file.

Your workaround in r656 for my last problem might also need to be applied here. I do notice all of my DVD's now don't show extrathumbs because of this... At least we found out the reason for it. Would be nice to have this one fixed by default too. Cheers.

Oh while I am here, also for all of my DVD's in VIDEO_TS structure. None get media info read as a "DVD". All show as "mpeg2"..... I wonder was this broken recently? I know you didn't create media info yourself, but at the moment it seems to be worse than before, where no surround sound is detected in my DVD's, or bluray m2ts files. I would have thought things like TrueHD or DTS-MA could be read from blu-rays by now... maybe I presumed wrong.

- nul7 - 2009-07-14

mark007 Wrote:Ah I see. Well the last "bug" that I reported was replication of movie names with multiple vobs from a DVD VIDEO_TS folder. This new "bug" seems to be a new manifestation of that, where each vob is seen as a seperate video file.

Your workaround in r656 for my last problem might also need to be applied here. I do notice all of my DVD's now don't show extrathumbs because of this... At least we found out the reason for it. Would be nice to have this one fixed by default too. Cheers.

Is the parent folder for these files actually named "video_ts" (case insensitive)? If it's not, you'll have to enable "detect only single movie from each folder" as it won't be applied automatically. If it is, it should work.

mark007 Wrote:Oh while I am here, also for all of my DVD's in VIDEO_TS structure. None get media info read as a "DVD". All show as "mpeg2"..... I wonder was this broken recently? I know you didn't create media info yourself, but at the moment it seems to be worse than before, where no surround sound is detected in my DVD's, or bluray m2ts files. I would have thought things like TrueHD or DTS-MA could be read from blu-rays by now... maybe I presumed wrong.

I don't think Mediainfo ever output "DVD"... it's reading the codec not the source. We're using a different method to scan video_ts folders now (it reads the data from the IFOs now to get a complete picture of the entire "disc" whereas mediainfo would only read one single file). Most, if not all, dvds are encoded as mpeg1 or mpeg2, so that is probably correct. The following audio codecs are detected by the new scanner: ac3, mp1, mp2, lpcm (maybe should be converted to "wav"?), and dca. Code 1, 5, and 7 codecs are as of yet unknown.

- Hitcher - 2009-07-14

Roborob Wrote:The Last version works really great, I use video_ts folder and Ember is scanning the ifo file and I can see all the media flags, but I don't see them in XBMC. I Use latest SVN and latest Auriga. What is the problem ? Do i need to install the icons in Auriga or something it worked before.

Aeon doesn't use native media flagging yet - you'll need to use one of the many mods that do.

- mark007 - 2009-07-14

nul7 Wrote:Is the parent folder for these files actually named "video_ts" (case insensitive)? If it's not, you'll have to enable "detect only single movie from each folder" as it won't be applied automatically. If it is, it should work.

I don't think Mediainfo ever output "DVD"... it's reading the codec not the source. We're using a different method to scan video_ts folders now (it reads the data from the IFOs now to get a complete picture of the entire "disc" whereas mediainfo would only read one single file). Most, if not all, dvds are encoded as mpeg1 or mpeg2, so that is probably correct. The following audio codecs are detected by the new scanner: ac3, mp1, mp2, lpcm (maybe should be converted to "wav"?), and dca. Code 1, 5, and 7 codecs are as of yet unknown.

Thanks for clarification on that. All of my DVDs are in the form
Path_Given_To_EMM\Movie_Name\VIDEO_TS\
Isn't this the way most people will have their DVD's? I decided to keep the VIDEO_TS as some software uses it for recognizing it as a DVD structure. I would vote for emm treating this as one movie by default, without the need for any manual changes to settings. What do you think. I imagine most people would use this structure to have both movie name, and preservation of the original dvd file structure...

- nul7 - 2009-07-14

mark007 Wrote:Thanks for clarification on that. All of my DVDs are in the form
Path_Given_To_EMM\Movie_Name\VIDEO_TS\
Isn't this the way most people will have their DVD's? I decided to keep the VIDEO_TS as some software uses it for recognizing it as a DVD structure. I would vote for emm treating this as one movie by default, without the need for any manual changes to settings. What do you think. I imagine most people would use this structure to have both movie name, and preservation of the original dvd file structure...

Hmmm... it actually should be doing that already. I'll try to find the problem.

- mark007 - 2009-07-14

Thanks, let me know if you need any more information. I am hoping to get emm as easy to work with "out of the box" so I don't have to remember any specific settings when reformatting Wink thanks alot again for all the work.

- nul7 - 2009-07-14

mark007 Wrote:Thanks, let me know if you need any more information. I am hoping to get emm as easy to work with "out of the box" so I don't have to remember any specific settings when reformatting Wink thanks alot again for all the work.

I can't get it NOT to only detect one movie from a VIDEO_TS folder. lol Try removing the source and re-adding it.

- mark007 - 2009-07-14

It happens for all of my DVD's though, none show extrathumbs. It does detect one movie perfectly, but just no extrathumbs for dvd structures.

What do you mean by removing the source and re-adding it. I have tried "Reload all movies" and "Update library". I have not got YAMJ compatible video_ts file placement/naming set. Almost all default settings.

- nul7 - 2009-07-14

mark007 Wrote:It happens for all of my DVD's though, none show extrathumbs. It does detect one movie perfectly, but just no extrathumbs for dvd structures.

What do you mean by removing the source and re-adding it. I have tried "Reload all movies" and "Update library". I have not got YAMJ compatible video_ts file placement/naming set. Almost all default settings.

I mean go to Settings -> Files and Sources, remove all sources that have video_ts folders, then re-add the sources. It should rescan automatically when you close the settings dialog.

EDIT: Wait.... so it's not showing up multiple times in the list, it's just not showing extrathumbs? Hmmm... let me look.

EDIT2: It's working just fine for me. Are you building from source or using the test builds? I'll post another test build in just a second... I fixed the problem of having to remove/re-add sources as well... you can just update the library and it will fix itself if there is a problem or settings have changed.

- nul7 - 2009-07-14

More test builds:

x86 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r718_exeonly_x86_TEST.zip

x64 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r718_exeonly_x64_TEST.zip