Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- RockDawg - 2009-07-14

RockDawg Wrote:I just tried the test build and after refreshing media info, all my DVD rips show a duration of 56h 47mn 47s. It also shows aspect raio as 1.5 for all movies, codec as mpeg 1 and there's no sound info.

Previously, I was running r656 and no duration was listed, all aspect ratios were listed 1.33, no codec info was shown and there was no sound info.

Any idea why I'm getting this?

- proctor - 2009-07-14

Is there any chance of getting EMM to parse media info from .iso files?

- nul7 - 2009-07-14

RockDawg Wrote:Any idea why I'm getting this?

Still having the same problem with the new test build?

proctor Wrote:Is there any chance of getting EMM to parse media info from .iso files?

Not until mediainfo.dll supports scanning them. You can use an older version that does scan them, but the results are inaccurate and unpredictable. See first post for more info.

- nul7 - 2009-07-14

mark007 Wrote:It happens for all of my DVD's though, none show extrathumbs. It does detect one movie perfectly, but just no extrathumbs for dvd structures.

What do you mean by removing the source and re-adding it. I have tried "Reload all movies" and "Update library". I have not got YAMJ compatible video_ts file placement/naming set. Almost all default settings.

Just got it to happen to me... now time to find out why. lol

EDIT: Nevermind... it was because the movie was not in a VIDEO_TS folder. I'll try to come up with a fix for that.

- mark007 - 2009-07-14

nul7 Wrote:Just got it to happen to me... now time to find out why. lol

EDIT: Nevermind... it was because the movie was not in a VIDEO_TS folder. I'll try to come up with a fix for that.

OK Cool... all of My DVDs are in VIDEO_TS, which itself is within a folder of the movie name, which is in the main films folder.

PATH_EMM_LOOKS_AT\Movie_Name\VIDEO_TS\video_ts.ifo

- Cosmor - 2009-07-14

All Dvd with no VIDEO_TS.VOB in the video_ts folder will not work in Ember
Ember say no Information is Avaible for this movie.

Nfo is in the video_ts folder and a rescan will not work.

Sorry for my bad English Big Grin

- nul7 - 2009-07-14

Here are some more test builds:

x86 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r723_exeonly_x86_TEST.zip

x64 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r723_exeonly_x64_TEST.zip

There were some major changes to these even since the last test version was posted. Unfortunately, some of the changes require the db to be deleted again. Sorry. Also, I noticed the default filters I added were in correct. If you haven't manually added filters, before starting this version for the first time, open settings.xml and delete the current ones (they're at the top of the file in <filtercustom>....</filtercustom>).

- Roborob - 2009-07-14

Hitcher Wrote:Aeon doesn't use native media flagging yet - you'll need to use one of the many mods that do.

OK Thanks i'm gonna try some kind of mod then.

- patkhoo - 2009-07-14

Roborob Wrote:OK Thanks i'm gonna try some kind of mod then.

May I recommend you Andy's Aeon ShowMix.. Truly fantastic!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52755

- mark007 - 2009-07-14

nul7 Wrote:Here are some more test builds:

x64 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r723_exeonly_x64_TEST.zip

There were some major changes to these even since the last test version was posted. Unfortunately, some of the changes require the db to be deleted again. Sorry. Also, I noticed the default filters I added were in correct. If you haven't manually added filters, before starting this version for the first time, open settings.xml and delete the current ones (they're at the top of the file in <filtercustom>....</filtercustom>).

Sweet, now out of the box just picking the path to my movies.... everything works as expected, no need for fiddling with settings. Talking about defaults... should scraping from IMPAwards and MoviePostersDB be better enabled by default... I am trying to think of what settings would be best for most users out of the box.

I don't think the default "Sizing" setting of extrathumbs should be 1280 x 720. To me leaving at default is best, the resizer in the app can resize to whatever size it wants. Also for blu-rays this is obviously a down drop of resolution from 1920 x 1080.... What do you think? Is sizing only used for creating images from the movie file? Its not clear from the settings if it effects making extrathumbs from fanart, which is actually the only way I create thumbs.. just its not clear.

My age old problem of bad thumbs being created for certain movies. Like scraping all fanart for V For Vendetta, from all available sources, and selecting all highest quality for extrathumbs... one of the files gets saved as a 96byte image, causing the rest of the images not to get saved. Have you ever been able to reproduce this one. There is this one extrathumb I really want to download but have never been able to get it down Tongue

When this comes out of alpha its going to be pretty well tuned by the looks of things Big Grin

- krypt2nite - 2009-07-14

nul7 Wrote:Here are some more test builds:

Thanks EMM team. The additional sort options are most welcome and the moving of the word "The" to the end of the movie title in the list.

My favorite new thing however is the inclusion of a genre adding function. Being able to select multiple files and apply a genre to them is amazing. With all these sorting options your program is hands down the best media organizing software yet. I have 2058 movies spread across lots of 1TB drives and your program shreds through them like butter. Thanks for this.

Edit:
Oh yeah and all the new features including adding/removing genres works great so far for me.

- nul7 - 2009-07-14

mark007 Wrote:Sweet, now out of the box just picking the path to my movies.... everything works as expected, no need for fiddling with settings. Talking about defaults... should scraping from IMPAwards and MoviePostersDB be better enabled by default... I am trying to think of what settings would be best for most users out of the box.

I don't think the default "Sizing" setting of extrathumbs should be 1280 x 720. To me leaving at default is best, the resizer in the app can resize to whatever size it wants. Also for blu-rays this is obviously a down drop of resolution from 1920 x 1080.... What do you think? Is sizing only used for creating images from the movie file? Its not clear from the settings if it effects making extrathumbs from fanart, which is actually the only way I create thumbs.. just its not clear.

My age old problem of bad thumbs being created for certain movies. Like scraping all fanart for V For Vendetta, from all available sources, and selecting all highest quality for extrathumbs... one of the files gets saved as a 96byte image, causing the rest of the images not to get saved. Have you ever been able to reproduce this one. There is this one extrathumb I really want to download but have never been able to get it down Tongue

When this comes out of alpha its going to be pretty well tuned by the looks of things Big Grin

Thanks for the suggestions.

1> I consider IMPA and MPDB to be "extras" so I think it's best to leave those settings up to the end user.

2> Because "fanart as extrathumbs" come in different sizes already, the sizing options are not applied to these. I did, however, change the default for extracted extrathumbs sizing to "native".

3> Unfortunately, I've never been able to reproduce that bug and I don't have any idea what's causing it for you. It seems you're the only one who it affects, as well, because no one else has reported it (so far). Have you tried selecting only the one image that it creates as 96 bytes? Does it save it then? Does it save it if you select it as fanart? Instead of selecting all of them, try selecting that as the first one, then everyone after it. Does it still skip over the rest? If you decide to test these things, please enable error logging and check to see if an errlog is created. That would be a huge help in trying to figure out what's going on.

krypt2nite Wrote:Thanks EMM team. The additional sort options are most welcome and the moving of the word "The" to the end of the movie title in the list.

My favorite new thing however is the inclusion of a genre adding function. Being able to select multiple files and apply a genre to them is amazing. With all these sorting options your program is hands down the best media organizing software yet. I have 2058 movies spread across lots of 1TB drives and your program shreds through them like butter. Thanks for this.

Edit:
Oh yeah and all the new features including adding/removing genres works great so far for me.

Thanks! Glad we could help. Wink

- mark007 - 2009-07-14

Yeap here is the error message I get. If I select even just this one problem image as fanart, I get the error. Its the movie V For Vendetta. Its a 1920 x 1080 image with simply the main character with his back turned, and his head turned to the left. Bluey white background. Unfortunately when i get this image, I need to exit from EMM or clear my cache if I am to get into fanart again. The software seems to have trouble reloading the image from cache even. There must be something special about this image and some others. There are a few other movies that have one or two problem fanart images, that cause the error.

Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
at Ember_Media_Manager.Images.Save(String sPath, Int64 iQuality)
Date/Time: 14/07/2009 21:23:28
===========================================================================================

- nul7 - 2009-07-14

mark007 Wrote:Yeap here is the error message I get. If I select even just this one problem image as fanart, I get the error. Its the movie V For Vendetta. Its a 1920 x 1080 image with simply the main character with his back turned, and his head turned to the left. Bluey white background. Unfortunately when i get this image, I need to exit from EMM or clear my cache if I am to get into fanart again. The software seems to have trouble reloading the image from cache even. There must be something special about this image and some others. There are a few other movies that have one or two problem fanart images, that cause the error.

Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
at Ember_Media_Manager.Images.Save(String sPath, Int64 iQuality)
Date/Time: 14/07/2009 21:23:28
===========================================================================================

I can set it as fanart and use it as an extrathumb without a problem... maybe it's some specific setting that's causing it? The image is 1.91 mb, but it's saved using streams so even if you have a slow connection to your movie source it should work. Hmm... I just don't know. Can you email your settings file to nul7 [at] embermm.com so I can test that out.

EDIT: Actually I do see a problem here... might be related, might not. In cache, the image is only 697 k... but saved to fanart it becomes 1.91 mb.

EDIT2: Ok, solved that quickly. lol I'll upload another test build after doing some more tweaks to see if was related to your problem.

- RockDawg - 2009-07-15

nul7 Wrote:Still having the same problem with the new test build?

I just tried r723 and now I have different problems. File path now shows VTS_01_1.VOB rather than VIDEO_TS.ifo and I have "only detect one movie from each folder" turned on and I also have "automatically detect VIDEO_TS folder..." enabled.

When I perform a media scan, they all show aspect ratios of 1.778 even for movies that aren't and the durations are wrong. I kind of expected that since it seems to be reading the individual vob folder, but oddly a couple movies were only a minute or two off from what they really should be. Also, no video codec is showing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?