Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- Subzero199 - 2009-07-15

I have a problem that i have had with all releases that i tried even r723. I cant seem to change the movies that it got wrong the first time. IE the movie "elektra" got scraped as "Electra glide in blue" and when i choose change movie i get the right info and fanart. But it doesnt seem to save it. It always reverts back to Electra glide in blue.

- proctor - 2009-07-15

The last couple builds I've tried have wiped out the database. Is it possible to keep the file sources list in an xml so they don't have to be added again each time?

- nul7 - 2009-07-15

RockDawg Wrote:I just tried r723 and now I have different problems. File path now shows VTS_01_1.VOB rather than VIDEO_TS.ifo and I have "only detect one movie from each folder" turned on and I also have "automatically detect VIDEO_TS folder..." enabled.

When I perform a media scan, they all show aspect ratios of 1.778 even for movies that aren't and the durations are wrong. I kind of expected that since it seems to be reading the individual vob folder, but oddly a couple movies were only a minute or two off from what they really should be. Also, no video codec is showing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

You can disable "automatically detect VIDEO_TS folder..." since you have "Only detect one movie from each folder" enabled for the source. It's kind of like a safety net for when you don't have "only detect one movie" enabled in that it scans the folder contents and temporarily sets "only detect one movie" for that particular folder.

What it tries to do for video_ts folders is read the info in all vts*.ifo files and finds the one with the longest duration. If it's successful, it will read the info from the .ifo file, if not and the original file is not an .ifo, it falls back to mediainfo.dll to read all the valid video files in the folder. It then picks the best info from each file (the set of video info with the widest frame wins and the audio set with the most channels wins) and combines it into one set of data, then sets the duration to the total duration of all the video files combined. The main purpose of this was for stacked files, so the durations can be off for video_ts folders. Is every movie missing the codecs or just video_ts folders? I'll look into that.

EDIT: Found the codec problem.

- nul7 - 2009-07-15

Subzero199 Wrote:I have a problem that i have had with all releases that i tried even r723. I cant seem to change the movies that it got wrong the first time. IE the movie "elektra" got scraped as "Electra glide in blue" and when i choose change movie i get the right info and fanart. But it doesnt seem to save it. It always reverts back to Electra glide in blue.

Does the correct info show in the movie editor after you have scraped? Maybe write-permissions problem for the files, or incorrect settings (selected file naming scheme wrong?).

proctor Wrote:The last couple builds I've tried have wiped out the database. Is it possible to keep the file sources list in an xml so they don't have to be added again each time?

Sorry, no.

- Subzero199 - 2009-07-15

nul7 Wrote:Does the correct info show in the movie editor after you have scraped? Maybe write-permissions problem for the files, or incorrect settings (selected file naming scheme wrong?).

I choose edit movie when the info is wrong and choose change movie and get the correct data but when i click okay it does not save the new information.

- mark007 - 2009-07-15

nul7 Wrote:I can set it as fanart and use it as an extrathumb without a problem... maybe it's some specific setting that's causing it? The image is 1.91 mb, but it's saved using streams so even if you have a slow connection to your movie source it should work. Hmm... I just don't know. Can you email your settings file to nul7 [at] embermm.com so I can test that out.

EDIT: Actually I do see a problem here... might be related, might not. In cache, the image is only 697 k... but saved to fanart it becomes 1.91 mb.

EDIT2: Ok, solved that quickly. lol I'll upload another test build after doing some more tweaks to see if was related to your problem.

Great, I will test test build whenever you get chance to upload it. Definitely something strange with some of these fanarts that cause this. Its a pity the error in the log I get isn't more verbose. Could it be something silly like file / path length being longer than others.... I don't know.

- nul7 - 2009-07-15

Subzero199 Wrote:I choose edit movie when the info is wrong and choose change movie and get the correct data but when i click okay it does not save the new information.

Ah, I see... I'll fix that and post another test version.

- nul7 - 2009-07-15

Ok, here we go again:

x86 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r735_exeonly_x86_TEST.zip

x64 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r735_exeonly_x64_TEST.zip

One note... the default image quality for posters and fanart was reduced to 85 and I suggest you all set yours to no higher than that. I was curious why the file size kept growing, so did some reading and found out I have been incorrect in assuming how the quality setting affected the image. I've always thought it was a percentage, in that a quality of 100 would be an exact copy, and anything less than that would reduce quality, but I was wrong. The default quality setting for jpg is somewhere between 75 and 85.... these would be ~ 1:1 copy... a 100 quality setting can quadruple+ the file size without actually increasing quality. Here's a good read if you want more info on this: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/jpeg-faq/part1/section-5.html

- mark007 - 2009-07-15

nul7 Wrote:Ok, here we go again:

x86 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r735_exeonly_x86_TEST.zip

x64 - http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r735_exeonly_x64_TEST.zip

One note... the default image quality for posters and fanart was reduced to 85 and I suggest you all set yours to no higher than that. I was curious why the file size kept growing, so did some reading and found out I have been incorrect in assuming how the quality setting affected the image. I've always thought it was a percentage, in that a quality of 100 would be an exact copy, and anything less than that would reduce quality, but I was wrong. The default quality setting for jpg is somewhere between 75 and 85.... these would be ~ 1:1 copy... a 100 quality setting can quadruple+ the file size without actually increasing quality. Here's a good read if you want more info on this: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/jpeg-faq/part1/section-5.html

Very interesting. BUT, (with my limited knowledge, correct me if I am way off), but if you are downloading jpeg's from say imdb, I don't see any reason why your software should have to worry about quality at all. OK if you load a jpeg object into memory for viewing in the gui, and then save that jpeg object to disk, maybe you would need the quality setting, but if a user wants an exact copy, i would imagine you could change the behaivour to just dump exactly what was downloaded from the website as a file... just like a wget, instead of writing that image / gui object to disk.

Put another way, downloading a jpeg from say google images, to disk, I would just save the file directly to disk, not open it in an image editor after saving, to resave with a certain quality value.

I hope you understand what I am saying here..... does what I say make sense. Can you dump exactly what you download, straight to disk as a 1:1 copy, removing the need for a quality setting at all, and we will have 1:1 copies of what was scraped.

- patkhoo - 2009-07-15

mark007 Wrote:Very interesting. BUT, (with my limited knowledge, correct me if I am way off), but if you are downloading jpeg's from say imdb, I don't see any reason why your software should have to worry about quality at all. OK if you load a jpeg object into memory for viewing in the gui, and then save that jpeg object to disk, maybe you would need the quality setting, but if a user wants an exact copy, i would imagine you could change the behaivour to just dump exactly what was downloaded from the website as a file... just like a wget, instead of writing that image / gui object to disk.

Put another way, downloading a jpeg from say google images, to disk, I would just save the file directly to disk, not open it in an image editor after saving, to resave with a certain quality value.

I hope you understand what I am saying here..... does what I say make sense. Can you dump exactly what you download, straight to disk as a 1:1 copy, removing the need for a quality setting at all, and we will have 1:1 copies of what was scraped.

I agree.. If a user did not ask to resize the image, then it should be the exact raw file as downloaded from the net. The quality setting should only come into play if the user asked to resize all the fanart/posters etc..

- olympia - 2009-07-15

patkhoo Wrote:I agree.. If a user did not ask to resize the image, then it should be the exact raw file as downloaded from the net. The quality setting should only come into play if the user asked to resize all the fanart/posters etc..

This is how it is already implemented. If you're not asking to resize, Ember doesn't touch the downloaded images...

- Cosmor - 2009-07-15

From V.730 have the German Mpaa Rating a error
and the Mediainfo.dll from V.718 works not correct
The DVD´s with VTS_01_1.VOB (no VIDEO_TS.VOB in the folder) have a Duration of Duration: 0h 0Mn

Dvd´s with VIDEO_TS.VOB have the Correct Duration

- mark007 - 2009-07-15

olympia Wrote:This is how it is already implemented. If you're not asking to resize, Ember doesn't touch the downloaded images...

Ah cool. Maybe quality settings could be greyed out in the GUI, if no resizing is specified? Would this make things clearer?

EDIT: Unfortunately with the latest version, I get the same error in the log file. Can you make it more verbose? You can see below when i try to reopen the movie and rescrape fanart, I get another error in the log, like the trouble some image isn't there at all or something.

Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
at Ember_Media_Manager.Images.Save(String sPath, Int64 iQuality)
Date/Time: 14/07/2009 21:23:28
===========================================================================================

Title: Error
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Image original)
at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgImgSelect.GetFanart()
Date/Time: 14/07/2009 21:23:52
===========================================================================================

- patkhoo - 2009-07-15

olympia Wrote:This is how it is already implemented. If you're not asking to resize, Ember doesn't touch the downloaded images...

Ah, good to know! Smile

Maybe it is a little confusing becuase in Preferences, if "automatically resize" is not selected, you can still move the quality slider.. Perhaps it should be disabled if resize is not selected (like the width and height boxes)..

- olympia - 2009-07-15

patkhoo Wrote:Ah, good to know! Smile

Maybe it is a little confusing becuase in Preferences, if "automatically resize" is not selected, you can still move the quality slider.. Perhaps it should be disabled if resize is not selected (like the width and height boxes)..

Hmmmm... I was pretty sure it is in this way. It should, but you made me hesitating now... Big Grin

I am going to cross-check this...