Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2009-07-16

Ram2000 Wrote:Just off to bed but heres what it says...

If i continue I can get into the application but what ever I press it brings up this error.
thanks again for any advice.

Do you have the latest extras package? Your ember folder should look like this:

Ember Media Manager\
- Ember Media Manager.exe
- Ember Media Manager.exe.Manifest
- License.txt
- README.rtf
- System.Data.SQLite.dll
- Images\
- Bin\

EDIT: Are you building from SVN or downloading the pre-packaged binaries?

- RockDawg - 2009-07-16

nul7 Wrote:You can disable "automatically detect VIDEO_TS folder..." since you have "Only detect one movie from each folder" enabled for the source. It's kind of like a safety net for when you don't have "only detect one movie" enabled in that it scans the folder contents and temporarily sets "only detect one movie" for that particular folder.

What it tries to do for video_ts folders is read the info in all vts*.ifo files and finds the one with the longest duration. If it's successful, it will read the info from the .ifo file, if not and the original file is not an .ifo, it falls back to mediainfo.dll to read all the valid video files in the folder. It then picks the best info from each file (the set of video info with the widest frame wins and the audio set with the most channels wins) and combines it into one set of data, then sets the duration to the total duration of all the video files combined. The main purpose of this was for stacked files, so the durations can be off for video_ts folders. Is every movie missing the codecs or just video_ts folders? I'll look into that.

EDIT: Found the codec problem.

OK, once again I was being stupid. When I tried the new version I forgot to add .ifo to the valid movie extensions list. Maybe you could add to the default list in the future?

Anyhow, once I add .ifo and unchecked "only detect one movie, now I get even less info. I don't even get a duration now. I have attached a scrren capture to show you. I have tried refeshing the medi info on about 20 different movies and they all return the exact same info. This happens in both r723 and r735. One note, all my rips are movie only if that matters.

- onebyside - 2009-07-16

r735 is broke for me, it is stuck on a prev scrape, no amount of cache clearing will reset it

the audio info wasn't filling in on a re scrape aswell

back to r705 for me

- nul7 - 2009-07-16

RockDawg Wrote:OK, once again I was being stupid. When I tried the new version I forgot to add .ifo to the valid movie extensions list. Maybe you could add to the default list in the future?

Anyhow, once I add .ifo and unchecked "only detect one movie, now I get even less info. I don't even get a duration now. I have attached a scrren capture to show you. I have tried refeshing the medi info on about 20 different movies and they all return the exact same info. This happens in both r723 and r735. One note, all my rips are movie only if that matters.

You have that backwards. lol You can remove .ifo from your extensions list... it will automatically find them if the movie is a vob. Also, re-enable "only detect on movie" and disable "automatically detect video_ts". Try that and let me know what happens.

onebyside Wrote:r735 is broke for me, it is stuck on a prev scrape, no amount of cache clearing will reset it

back to r705 for me

What exactly do you mean by "stuck on a prev scrape"? Just FYI, cache is only for images... has nothing to do with the data. Wink

- logictester - 2009-07-16

using r735, after grouping movies by genre, the genre is not changed in the nfo. if, after grouping i open edit movie and press ok, the genres are back to the originals.

- Subzero199 - 2009-07-16

nul7 Wrote:Please enable error logging and see if an errlog is created. If so, please post it's contents.

EDIT: I am having absolutely no problems downloading posters using a multi-scraper so I'm thinking this is either a mis-configuration or system problem on your part or there must be some particular setting (or combination of) that it is causing it.... just can't find it. Is anyone else having problems using a multi-scraper to download posters??

I dont get anything in the error log. And now ive tried pretty much all of the settings. Ill guess ill wait for a new build and try with blank settings.

- Ram2000 - 2009-07-16

nul7 Wrote:Do you have the latest extras package? Your ember folder should look like this:

Ember Media Manager\
- Ember Media Manager.exe
- Ember Media Manager.exe.Manifest
- License.txt
- README.rtf
- System.Data.SQLite.dll
- Images\
- Bin\

EDIT: Are you building from SVN or downloading the pre-packaged binaries?

My folder looks like what you have listed I just downloaded the zip files and extracted not sure how to build from SVN.:confused2:

- onebyside - 2009-07-16

onebyside Wrote:r735 is broke for me, it is stuck on a prev scrape, no amount of cache clearing will reset it

back to r705 for me

after scraping movie A and then scraping movie B....movie A info is not released...it retains movie A info and not the new scrape info of B

the media info (audio).... (bottom right) is empty aswell, manual edit confirms nothing there

- danpaulson - 2009-07-16

At risk of cluttering this thread with useless banter, I wanted to say what an amazingly clean and useful program you've made here. I was wondering if you were planning to have a little donation button on EMM's website; Too many great projects never realize their full potential because of wanning interest from the author, and a pizza or two would be well worth the continued development of this (simply cannot wait for TV support)!

Thanks again for all your work.

- mark007 - 2009-07-16

Trying the "Copy existing fanart to backdrops folder". I went into the backdrops folder and noticed many duplicates with slightly different file names (had copied them a few weeks ago also)...

So I deleted all images from backdrops folder, and hit "Copy existing fanart to backdrops folder" and now all that I have in my backdrops folder is two files called movie and video_ts.tbn.... Thought I should let you know this feature is definitely broken for me anyways. Cheers.

- touf99 - 2009-07-16

hello
i am amazing
and so fan of ember

i want to know when i click on " bult renamer" but no movie load it's empty

why?

i try to select many movies but they don't appear so i can't rename my movie

please help me help me help me

- olympia - 2009-07-16

mark007 Wrote:Trying the "Copy existing fanart to backdrops folder". I went into the backdrops folder and noticed many duplicates with slightly different file names (had copied them a few weeks ago also)...

So I deleted all images from backdrops folder, and hit "Copy existing fanart to backdrops folder" and now all that I have in my backdrops folder is two files called movie and video_ts.tbn.... Thought I should let you know this feature is definitely broken for me anyways. Cheers.

mark007, thank you for all your findings. But why not on our issues page? Sad

- mark007 - 2009-07-16

olympia Wrote:mark007, thank you for all your findings. But why not on our issues page? Sad

No problem, I will add future problems to that page. Cheers for all the work.

- nul7 - 2009-07-17

logictester Wrote:using r735, after grouping movies by genre, the genre is not changed in the nfo. if, after grouping i open edit movie and press ok, the genres are back to the originals.

Strange... I'll look into it.

Subzero199 Wrote:I dont get anything in the error log. And now ive tried pretty much all of the settings. Ill guess ill wait for a new build and try with blank settings.

Do your movies already have posters and you're just trying to get new ones? If that's the case, make sure "overwrite posters" is enabled. Double check to make sure you have a file name selected for posters (movie.tbn, <movie>.tbn, etc). Other than that, I have no clue. No one else has reported having problems with it, it's working fine for me, and no error log is created.... I'm thinking it's something specific to your computer.

Ram2000 Wrote:My folder looks like what you have listed I just downloaded the zip files and extracted not sure how to build from SVN.:confused2:

Double check to make sure you have .NET 3.5 or higher.

onebyside Wrote:after scraping movie A and then scraping movie B....movie A info is not released...it retains movie A info and not the new scrape info of B

the media info (audio).... (bottom right) is empty aswell, manual edit confirms nothing there

Are you sure you're using r735? That was a problem of r723.

danpaulson Wrote:At risk of cluttering this thread with useless banter, I wanted to say what an amazingly clean and useful program you've made here. I was wondering if you were planning to have a little donation button on EMM's website; Too many great projects never realize their full potential because of wanning interest from the author, and a pizza or two would be well worth the continued development of this (simply cannot wait for TV support)!

Thanks again for all your work.

Thank you very much. Maybe some day.... when I feel Ember is worthy of donations... I'll add a button for it. lol

mark007 Wrote:Trying the "Copy existing fanart to backdrops folder". I went into the backdrops folder and noticed many duplicates with slightly different file names (had copied them a few weeks ago also)...

Ack, sorry, I'll get that fixed.

touf99 Wrote:hello
i am amazing
and so fan of ember

i want to know when i click on " bult renamer" but no movie load it's empty

why?

i try to select many movies but they don't appear so i can't rename my movie

please help me help me help me

Have you added your movies source and have movies displaying in the main movie list??

- Ram2000 - 2009-07-17

Dam I feel sorry for you Nul7 away for an hour or so and a million questions....
anyway while your still here :p
if you type this in IE or FF
Quote:javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent)
it throws up a report like this
I believe that shows I have it installed and working.
This is really getting to me as i actually work in IT ....
thanks yet again for your help.

PS I agree with the donate Button.