Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- MrDVD - 2009-07-18

Hallo, i dont know what to think about the new version Sad

1. With the new version the MediaInfo.dll (the one from extras 9.1 or 10) cant read the mediainfo and the runtime. (when i test the same with the last release all is fine)

2. "Lock Title" didnt work too, each time i scrap the same movie the title got overwritten.

Is it possible to extrakt the correct runtime vom an multipart movie ?

- Tolriq - 2009-07-18

The meta data works well for me with last release.

But effectively all the Locks don't work.

- olympia - 2009-07-18

Arkitech Wrote:I'm having the same problem, I'm trying to update some of my movies but it wont save any of the items I chose and reverts to the old items.

For example, during an automatic update of my movies, it incorrectly scraped "Stargate" for Stargate SG1, so I tried doing Change Movie, found the correct one and chose the artwork/cover I wanted, pressed ok, and it doesn't save. It still shows up as SG1.

MrDVD Wrote:Hallo, i dont know what to think about the new version Sad

1. With the new version the MediaInfo.dll (the one from extras 9.1 or 10) cant read the mediainfo and the runtime. (when i test the same with the last release all is fine)

2. "Lock Title" didnt work too, each time i scrap the same movie the title got overwritten.

Tolriq Wrote:The meta data works well for me with last release.

But effectively all the Locks don't work.

ALL confirmed. I opened tickets for both issue.
Please next time report bugs on our issues page yourself. Nerd

- uncertainty - 2009-07-18

mason Wrote:but i experienced a problem with the latest version.
if i 'rescrape' a movie or would like to change the artwork it wouldnt save the selected artwork/poster even if i checked the 'overwriting' mode in the settings. all files are located on a local hdd without any write protections ...

i tried removing the files, cleared the cache, reloaded the library and rescraped them. the poster ie is shown, saved to folder.jpg but not as movie.tbn as stated in the settings. the fanart is also show in the selection dialouge but not in the overview and not saved as a file.

any idea?

no error log is written btw, also i noticed the media flags are gone after a while ... the behaviour is pretty strange of this version somehow ... sorry i need to say that

I have the same issue with this release and will use the ticket reporting system for now on....

thanks

- Ayla - 2009-07-18

nul7,

Using r768, EMM doesn't save info for newly scraped movie.

Update Library, right click on just added "Watchmen", Re-scrape IMDB, select fanart, poster etc.

Everything looks fine and I click OK to save the info.

But only Extrathumbs and Trailer gets saved, when I check the folder.

The .nfo, poster and fanart doesn't get saved.

Log is empty (logging is on).

Any ideas?

(PS. scraping worked fine two builds ago)

- nul7 - 2009-07-18

For everyone having problems.... if you use <movie> naming scheme for ALL movies uncheck "Use <movie> Only for Folders with Multiple Movies". 99% of the reported problems look to be because of this.

EDIT: Fixed the locks for next release (only affected "Re-scrape IMDB"). I'll get a bugfix version out later tonight.

- mason - 2009-07-18

you could have warned us about the new default checked option in the settings Wink

works now like allways ... thanks a lot nul7 and sorry for beein n00bish here Smile

- uncertainty - 2009-07-18

nul7 Wrote:For everyone having problems.... if you use <movie> naming scheme for ALL movies uncheck "Use <movie> Only for Folders with Multiple Movies". 99% of the reported problems look to be because of this.

That resolved my issue with regards to new movies not being saved...thanks

- nul7 - 2009-07-18

mason Wrote:you could have warned us about the new default checked option in the settings Wink

works now like allways ... thanks a lot nul7 and sorry for beein n00bish here Smile

lol Sorry.... guess I should have... blame it on the beer. lol

EDIT: But to be fair, I did say to double-check your file naming settings. :p

uncertainty Wrote:That resolved my issue with regards to new movies not being saved...thanks

Excellent, thanks for the confirmation.

- nul7 - 2009-07-18

anoobie Wrote:Thanks for the update especially the extrathumb sizing/padding options. Smile

np Wink

logictester Wrote:will it also skip every other folder within this folder?

Yep, it will skip over the folder completely.

Ram2000 Wrote:Ok guys I am deff missing something here Tried this on my XP machine aswell and getting the same error tried it without loading net3.5 first
And said it needs net3.5 installed that and now im back to the same error I am getting on all my other pcs.
Could you please make a link to just one zip file with everything needed in it ?
thanks for any help.

I'll send you a PM with a link in just a sec (don't want to post it in the thread or it will screw up the download count Wink).

Cosmor Wrote:Media Info Scaning from DVD not working

There is a way to fix it.

kurojaki Wrote:can u add writer/written by in this program? or how do i do that?

You mean to scrape writers of movies? Yes, it does that. If you ONLY want to scrape the writers, use the Custom Scraper.

MrDVD Wrote:Hallo, i dont know what to think about the new version Sad

Under what circumstances does scanning meta data not work??

The new version scans all movies in a stack and adds their duration.

- Ram2000 - 2009-07-18

ITS WORKING and from first impressions WOW love this thank you thank you Loving it so far

- nul7 - 2009-07-19

r777 is available for download.

NOTE: If you haven't already updated to r768, you will need to delete your database file (Media.emm)

Changelog for r777:
Code:
* Fix: Re-scraping IMDB did not account for global locks
* Fix: File cleaner not updating database when required
* Fix: Errors during change movie if no posters or fanart found
* Fix: Change movie keeping images from old movie if no new
        images found
* Change: Add a couple more options to Wizard
* Change: Tweaks to IMDB search dialog
* Change: Translatable "All", "[none]", and "[Disabled]"
* Change: Tweaks to extrathumb handling

Some new strings added for translation. Here is the updated English (en_US).xml: http://embermediamanager.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Release%20Files/Langs/English%20(en_US).xml (not required unless you want to translate Ember into your own language)

- SHen350 - 2009-07-19

Is there something wrong with TheMovieDB? A few days ago EMM just stopped being able to get info from there when I rescrape. I updated to v 777, and it still doesn't want to actually pull anything from there. I went and looked at the last few days posts, and I found someone else had the same problem, but I didn't see it being answered. Could just be that it is late and I missed it though.
As it stands now, it just keeps trying to pull, I can't stop it and it doesn't seem to move on. I have to end it with task manager. Maybe it's something I am doing on my end. If anyone knows the solution I would love to get this going again.

Thanks

- nul7 - 2009-07-19

SHen350 Wrote:Is there something wrong with TheMovieDB? A few days ago EMM just stopped being able to get info from there when I rescrape. I updated to v 777, and it still doesn't want to actually pull anything from there. I went and looked at the last few days posts, and I found someone else had the same problem, but I didn't see it being answered. Could just be that it is late and I missed it though.
As it stands now, it just keeps trying to pull, I can't stop it and it doesn't seem to move on. I have to end it with task manager. Maybe it's something I am doing on my end. If anyone knows the solution I would love to get this going again.

Thanks

TMDB is working for me. Sometimes they're extremely slow though. Donate some money to them so they can upgrade their hardware/connection. Wink

Have you tried hitting "Cancel"?

- Hitcher - 2009-07-19

SHen350 Wrote:Is there something wrong with TheMovieDB? A few days ago EMM just stopped being able to get info from there when I rescrape. I updated to v 777, and it still doesn't want to actually pull anything from there. I went and looked at the last few days posts, and I found someone else had the same problem, but I didn't see it being answered. Could just be that it is late and I missed it though.

Thanks

If you'd actually tried visiting the site you'd have seen it was down.