Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- tyche - 2009-07-20

Phil_1337 Wrote:r596 is working fine, but r778 does not so.

when i try to open r778 (x86) windows bugreport tells me that an error has occurred and it had to be terminated. no further information... any suggestions? Sad

Did you just copy the new .exe to your ember directory? I had a similar problem. My solution was to download the full package + the latest .exe. The program started fine however, I did have to add my library back.

So far the latest version has been working great for me. Much appreciation for this program, it's really very slick.

- olympia - 2009-07-20

roland6543 Wrote:Now why didnt I think of that? lol Laugh Thank you.

I always find it a bit of a pain upgrading. If I just extract and copy the new executables and extras over my existing install, I always have a problem with it finding the movie folders..... I get the message "Unable to load .... Please check settings"

Anyway, so I installed to a new folder and all is good (except for losing my library settings as described above). If anyone can suggest how to upgrade hassle-free, your comments would be most welcome.

I think something might be wrong with your database file (ember.emm) if this happens. Try to delete it (you'll have to readd your sources, but all other settings is being preserved) and launch Ember again.

- Ram2000 - 2009-07-20

Hi again this may have been covered somewhere in this monster thread but I cant find it.
Is there anyway of limiting the amount of actors downloaded to say only the first 5 ?
lets be honest nobody need to know the name of teh gaurd on the left in scene 6
thanks yet again for any help.

- olympia - 2009-07-20

Ram2000 Wrote:Hi again this may have been covered somewhere in this monster thread but I cant find it.
Is there anyway of limiting the amount of actors downloaded to say only the first 5 ?
lets be honest nobody need to know the name of teh gaurd on the left in scene 6
thanks yet again for any help.

No, this is not possible in this way.
However I don't think that having the default actors list (without enabling "Scrape full cast") is a lot. They are the ones, who are displayed on imdb, without clicking on "more" button.

Anyway, just for curiosity, why they bothers you if they are included in the nfos? You don't have to look at them if you don't want, and they are neither consuming a lot of disk space...

- patkhoo - 2009-07-20

Hi Guys, I've two issues to report with EMM..

1) Runtime duration using MI.dll and stacked files
If I choose runtime display as "X hrs Y min" instead of "X min", and I have a stacked movie (movie.cd1.avi, movie.cd2.avi) it seems to calculate the correct time duration, but then saves it as "X min" instead of "X hrs Y min"...

2) I'm guessing EMM cannot be run directly from a UNC path? "\\Media\Media\EMM\Ember ...exe" When I try to do so, I see the splash screen, and then it dies with a windows error and there is nothing in the logs.. "Ember Media Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Both issues are with r778..

PS. I would put these two into the issue tracker, but the issue tracker requires me to setup yet another login account, and I'd really rather not..

- Phil_1337 - 2009-07-20

tyche Wrote:Did you just copy the new .exe to your ember directory? I had a similar problem. My solution was to download the full package + the latest .exe. The program started fine however, I did have to add my library back.

So far the latest version has been working great for me. Much appreciation for this program, it's really very slick.

ah that did it, thx!!

this program is just marvelous and gets better every time... Laugh

- olympia - 2009-07-20

patkhoo Wrote:1) Runtime duration using MI.dll and stacked files
If I choose runtime display as "X hrs Y min" instead of "X min", and I have a stacked movie (movie.cd1.avi, movie.cd2.avi) it seems to calculate the correct time duration, but then saves it as "X min" instead of "X hrs Y min"...
I added this to the tracker.

patkhoo Wrote:2) I'm guessing EMM cannot be run directly from a UNC path? "\\Media\Media\EMM\Ember ...exe" When I try to do so, I see the splash screen, and then it dies with a windows error and there is nothing in the logs.. "Ember Media Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
I think it will never run in this way, as there are some 3rd party stuff EMM is relying on, and they cannot be called in this case.

patkhoo Wrote:PS. I would put these two into the issue tracker, but the issue tracker requires me to setup yet another login account, and I'd really rather not..

WOW, that's a very nice approach. You're the man!

Unable to load directories - rvank - 2009-07-20

Hi all,

I'm using build r778 and have a strange problem

I can add and scan the directories on my server with an assortment of movie files (avi, mkv, video_ts and iso's).
These are directories with movies i previously scanned and recently added new movies.

I have also a directory with avi files representing my offline dvd's
The folders and files in the 'DVDs' folder are made with the application 'offlinecreator'
When i add the DVDs folder to EMM and execute 'update DVDs only' i get the message 'Unable to load directories. Please check settings.'.
This is with the 'recursive' and 'use folder names' set to True, setting of 'single video' both to True and False had no efect.

i have even given the user 'everyone' modify rights on folder, sub-folder and files.
The DVDs folder was the 5th folder i added to the list

I hope some one can shed some light on this ...

Kind regards
Rob.

******** SOLVED ********
I had 'forgotten' that i had set a minimum file size....
Dumb, Dumb, ......Oo

- themugger - 2009-07-20

themugger Wrote:nul7 , could you let us know the commands for the command line again please? also i see there are some changes in the latest ver. i seem to be having problems running "d:\downloads\emm\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all. the program just seems to freeze and never update anything?

Thanks

sorry for reposting, but think this might of got missed. happy to raise an issue if needed but it would be good to know all the possible command line options again.

ta

- Ram2000 - 2009-07-20

olympia Wrote:No, this is not possible in this way.
However I don't think that having the default actors list (without enabling "Scrape full cast") is a lot. They are the ones, who are displayed on imdb, without clicking on "more" button.

Anyway, just for curiosity, why they bothers you if they are included in the nfos? You don't have to look at them if you don't want, and they are neither consuming a lot of disk space...

I have some movies thats scraped nearly 20 actors, Disk space is not an issue however speed is with over 1500 movies all with 10+ actors list with thumbs ....
need I say more. an option to limit it to the first 5 (which is the main ones in most movies) would be a nice feature.
But if not Ill just have to continue going through removing the unwanted extras no biggy for such a great program :-)

- olympia - 2009-07-20

themugger Wrote:sorry for reposting, but think this might of got missed. happy to raise an issue if needed but it would be good to know all the possible command line options again.

ta

I saw your post, but have to wait for Jason to verify this.
(he is in GMT-5, lol)

- olympia - 2009-07-20

Ram2000 Wrote:I have some movies thats scraped nearly 20 actors, Disk space is not an issue however speed is with over 1500 movies all with 10+ actors list with thumbs ....
need I say more. an option to limit it to the first 5 (which is the main ones in most movies) would be a nice feature.
But if not Ill just have to continue going through removing the unwanted extras no biggy for such a great program :-)

As I mentioned, if you disable "Scrape full cast", you only get the actors from the first imdb page. It is maximum 15 Wink
You can filter them further by enable "Scrape Only Actors with Images". I think you will get between 5 and 10 in this case for most of the movies (I know, I know, there can be some movies, where there aren't any thumbs even for the main actors).

- Tolriq - 2009-07-20

nul7 Wrote:Feature freeze. Wink

EDIT: BTW is your French translation finished (Note: There were a few new strings added for new version r777/8)? Does everything fit or do we need to adjust something (keeping in mind that we're running out of screen real estate very quickly, so we can't resize everything). Need to add something to the website for downloading these I suppose.

Forgot to say that if you need php/mysql/ajax & co i can help Smile I only hate VB :p

- themugger - 2009-07-20

olympia Wrote:I saw your post, but have to wait for Jason to verify this.
(he is in GMT-5, lol)

argh, always a problem. cheers Laugh

- SHen350 - 2009-07-20

I am having a problem automating the scraper. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am trying to just let EMM get the thumbs for my movies. I use the costum scraper, and click just thumbs. It looks like it is doing something for about 10 seconds, then sits like normal. It doesn't get the thumbs. I can single go in and re-scrap and get them, or just get them manually.

Maybe I just don't know how to set up the auto scraper. I haven't tried to auto scrape anything before. Any help with what I am doing wrong would be very appreciated.

Is there a wiki for this? I read the read me file supplied with the download, but it wasn't a users guide, unless I missed something.

I was also wondering if maybe the downloading instructions contained in the readme file might be added to the first page of this. Seems like alot of us noobs (me) didn't look at the read me file when I first downloaded EMM. I mean who knew you should read the readme file?