Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2009-05-13

PrimaryMaster Wrote:ver 0.23 dont work so well for me...
have a lot of problem when "scanning media info" its freeze and a have to kill the program. Worked perfekt with the last ver.

When is this happening? Running one of the auto-pilots? Also, make sure you have MediaInfo.dll in the "Bin" sub-folder, and not in the same directory as the exe.

- nul7 - 2009-05-13

olympia Wrote:Thank you for your great work and enthusiasm.

Let me ask two questions regarding .nfo file handling (I haven't tried the last few versions).
1. Did you include anything to handle already existing, non-compliant .nfo files? ( you may remember we discussed about that already)
2. What happens if there is an .nfo file in the movie directory which was created by MC earlier?

Thank you again!

1> It depends on the setting... it will either overwrite it or rename it to *.info
2> They're compatible, so it will load/save it as normal.

- olympia - 2009-05-13

nul7 Wrote:1> It depends on the setting... it will either overwrite it or rename it to *.info
2> They're compatible, so it will load/save it as normal.

Excellent! Thank you for the immediate feedback!

- nul7 - 2009-05-13

olympia Wrote:Excellent! Thank you for the immediate feedback!

No problem. If I'm awake, I usually check on this thread often.... although, it's usually dead. lol

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-05-13

nul7 Wrote:When is this happening? Running one of the auto-pilots? Also, make sure you have MediaInfo.dll in the "Bin" sub-folder, and not in the same directory as the exe.

When a movie has a some info and i press the " Re-Scrape IMDB"

IT dont happens with all movies.. but its a lot of time it happens...

I have around 500 movies and in every movie folder there is a "THEMOVIE.jpg"
And the EMM do not find this posters (it only looks for *.tbn)

And i really hope this will be "fixed"

- HexusOdy - 2009-05-13

I have a few Q's and problems for you Smile

1.If I click Full Auto should Ember scrape all Posters and Fanart automatically? At the moment it doesn't seem to be doing that. Is there an option when I add a new movie to just click and let it scrape everything automatically?

2. Some Studio Icons don't seem to be picked up. Blue Sky Studios who do alot of the animated films for example. Their image tag is Blue_sky.png which I've put in the Studios folder but it's not being picked up.

3. Can you add "By Current Name" to rescrape options? Or better yet make the default behavior for Rescrape from IMDB > Start New carry the name of the movie you have selected into the search box Smile

Other than that I'm liking it. Nice layout, simple yet informative and everything is intuitive. Can't wait for TV to be added Smile

- HexusOdy - 2009-05-13

If you set options to use movie.tbn, movie.nfo and fanart.jpg when scraping it will only read these formats.

That setting is what you want to scrape future data as, but it also changes what it will read.

For some reason <moviename>-fanart.jpg is still picked up, but TBN's and NFO's aren't.

I know you can clean out those old file names and do full auto but thats not immediately obvious in how to fix it. I just spent a couple of hours trying to figure out why.

On saying that Cleanup is very hit and miss, I just ran it to clear the <moviename> type entries and while its completely cleared some folders others are untouched and some it as done everything but the fanart.

And I still can't get it to Auto scrape most of my posters and Fanart. Oddly everything upto "I" its scrapped fully, after "I" there are bit missing Sad

stacking - koscica - 2009-05-13

Is there an option to stack split movies. When I scan media it lists them as two movies with a same name

- HexusOdy - 2009-05-13

koscica Wrote:Is there an option to stack split movies. When I scan media it lists them as two movies with a same name

Mine doesn't, are you using the prober naming formats for them? Such as CD1.

Anything like moviename-A and moviename-B as alot of scene releases are will show twice because XBMC doesn't use that format.

- mason - 2009-05-13

just give your tool a first spin... and i love it allready Smile

just a quick thing .. is it possible to add the option that the poster is saved to folder.jpg so we get it shown in xbmc filemode also? would be nice! thanks!
also if you double click the artwork it would be nice to close it again with a double click ... should be faster and less anoying if you just like to quick check it...

also mc has a option to take the non compliant nfo and search for a imdb link in it .. this would make the filter stuff obsolete and allways get a right match Smile
i guess a lot of us have non comliant nfos with imdb urls in it Wink

UPDATE: I let it ran too a bigger part of my collection, a folder with 67 movies. emm shows a media count of 67 which is corret, but the list shows only around 29 of them .. any idea? the folder syntax and files are identically in for all entries.

SOLUTION: It was a malformed .nfo which wasn't recognized as propper .. and when emm tried to move it to .info it couldn't since a renamed nfo allready existed! after removing the .nfo emm read all entries and let me rescprape the missing one.... nice Smile

mason Wrote:just give your tool a first spin... and i love it allready Smile

just a quick thing .. is it possible to add the option that the poster is saved to folder.jpg so we get it shown in xbmc filemode also? would be nice! thanks!
also if you double click the artwork it would be nice to close it again with a double click ... should be faster and less anoying if you just like to quick check it...

also mc has a option to take the non compliant nfo and search for a imdb link in it .. this would make the filter stuff obsolete and allways get a right match Smile
i guess a lot of us have non comliant nfos with imdb urls in it Wink

+1 .... I like that..

- HexusOdy - 2009-05-13

Any of you guys know how I set it to auto scrape fanart and posters?

- koscica - 2009-05-13

HexusOdy Wrote:Mine doesn't, are you using the prober naming formats for them? Such as CD1.

Anything like moviename-A and moviename-B as alot of scene releases are will show twice because XBMC doesn't use that format.

I use moviename CD1 and moviename CD2 formats and stacking in XBMC works fine.

- HexusOdy - 2009-05-13

koscica Wrote:I use moviename CD1 and moviename CD2 formats and stacking in XBMC works fine.

Odd, I'm not getting any double entries and I have plenty of 2 file movies.