Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- olympia - 2009-07-22

nul7 Wrote:Ah, yes, that is the problem with it... the combination of having no VIDEO_TS.vob and that the folder is not named "VIDEO_TS". I didn't realize that part. lol So yes, you will need to keep .ifo in your supported extensions list so it grabs the VIDEO_TS.ifo file. That should solve all the problems.

RockDawg Wrote:OK, no problem. Thanks for your help. The only other thing now is that I don't get any media info even if I manually refresh it.

Jason, as I mentioned EMM is even working for me in this way. I mean with no "VIDEO_TS", no "VIDEO_TS.VOB", and even don't have .ifo as an extension.

RockDawg, can you confirm it is working for you with adding .ifo as a valid extension?

- nul7 - 2009-07-22

olympia Wrote:Jason, as I mentioned EMM is even working for me in this way. I mean with no "VIDEO_TS", no "VIDEO_TS.VOB", and even don't have .ifo as an extension.

RockDawg, can you confirm it is working for you with adding .ifo as a valid extension?

Yes, it would still work just fine... but the files would be named "VTS_01_01.nfo" and the like. I think that may lead to problems with XBMC properly detecting the files. In this case, it would be best to use movie.ext file types and have "Detect Only One Movie" enabled for the source. Since he already has files created with <movie>, it was easier for him to just add .ifo to the list so it picks up VIDEO_TS.IFO as the main movie of the folder and create VIDEO_TS.ext files.

- olympia - 2009-07-22

nul7 Wrote:Yes, it would still work just fine... but the files would be named "VTS_01_01.nfo" and the like. I think that may lead to problems with XBMC properly detecting the files. In this case, it would be best to use movie.ext file types and have "Detect Only One Movie" enabled for the source. Since he already has files created with <movie>, it was easier for him to just add .ifo to the list so it picks up VIDEO_TS.IFO as the main movie of the folder and create VIDEO_TS.ext files.

Ahhh, forgive me.
It was my bad. I only did a full reloading after I deleted the video_ts.vob, but forget to update my library as well. As a result of that EMM was still thinking (correctly) that my video_ts.vob is there.

So yes, now I can reproduce this too... BlushNerd

- iLurk - 2009-07-22

I'm having a problem with R778 not saving nfo, tbn and fanart files or the metadata Sad

It only saves the "poster.jpg" file. Previous version was working fine. This is also a problem with a "new" clean install, not overwriting the .exe file

Edit: also where can I get previous releases of the app? I need to get my hands on the last BIG release from a few weeks back, that's the one I was using and it ran smooooothly for me Smile

- willcmuk - 2009-07-22

iLurk Wrote:I'm having a problem with R778 not saving nfo, tbn and fanart files or the metadata Sad

It only saves the "poster.jpg" file. Previous version was working fine. This is also a problem with a "new" clean install, not overwriting the .exe file

Edit: also where can I get previous releases of the app? I need to get my hands on the last BIG release from a few weeks back, that's the one I was using and it ran smooooothly for me Smile

I had same problem would only scrape the .nfo's not anything else rolled back to r656 and all's good again, I can upload it for you if it's not on the googlecode page

- olympia - 2009-07-22

iLurk Wrote:I'm having a problem with R778 not saving nfo, tbn and fanart files or the metadata Sad

willcmuk Wrote:I had same problem would only scrape the .nfo's not anything else rolled back to r656 and all's good again, I can upload it for you if it's not on the googlecode page

The solution is easier, check this out:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=371728&postcount=1717

- themugger - 2009-07-22

nul7 Wrote:-newauto -all should work. There are 2 methods to use the command line... on a single file, and on the entire library:

Single file:
"Ember Media Manager.exe" <type> <path> [--verbose]

<type> = "-file" or "-folder" (use -file if all your movies are in one big folder or -folder if each of your movies has it's own subfolder)

Adding --verbose is optional. This will signal Ember to ask you for details if it doesn't find the exact movie.

Example:
"Ember Media Manager.exe" -folder "z:\movies\The Dark Knight" --verbose

Entire Library:
"Ember Media Manager.exe" <type> <modifier>

<type> = "-fullask", "-fullauto", "-missask", "-missauto", "-newask", "-newauto", "-markask", or "-markauto"

<modifier> = "-all", "-nfo", "-posters", "-fanart", "-extra"

Example:
"Ember Media Manager.exe" -fullauto -all

NOTE: This method requires Ember to update your library before processing the scraper, so it may take a while to finish, depending on how many new files you have. It's basically the same as hitting "Update Library" then running the scraper.... so do that manually in the interface and time how long it usually takes.... that's about how long it will take for the command line to finish.

Hi Nul, It doesnt seem to be be updating correctly, i can see ember in the task manager but it doesnt seem to be actually doing anything. this is the same for -fullauto and -newauto. anyone else experiencing this?

thanks

- patkhoo - 2009-07-22

nul7 Wrote:You can't be bothered to take 10 seconds to create an account, but want us to take the time to troubleshoot a problem for you? Makes sense. :/ Anyway, as I mentioned ealier, scanning meta data for stacked movies is broken in r778.

Hi Nul,

Apologies if it came out wrong. I was just trying to explain why I didn't post this in the issues manager and put this on the forum. If I didn't have to create yet another Internet login account, I would have. Just wanted you to know that I did spend the time to look for the issues page.

For your information, on http://www.embermm.com, it is not immediately obvious where the issues page is. I looked around, and couldn't find it.

Then I looked at Nul's signature and clicked on the "Report issues and Feature Requests" and that goes to http://www.embermm.com/project/issues/EMM which is "Page Not Found"...

Finally I looked for Olympia's signature and clicked on "Report issues and Feature Requests" and that is the correct link - http://www.embermm.com/project/issues

Then I discovered I needed a login in order to log an issue. And as I mentioned, I'd rather not create yet another login account. I mean, if you insist, then maybe I will in the future, but I would prefer not.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I did try to spend the time to hunt down the issues tracker and I didn't just take the easy way out and automatically post here in this forum straight away.

Again, apologies if my message came out wrong.

- SHen350 - 2009-07-22

If you do "Scrape Media" -> Missing -> Auto -> Posters Only what does it do?

That goes through and generally does a pretty good job of scraping posters. It doesn't get all of them, but it does get like 90%. The rest I can usually find by doing a single scrape of that movie. Some of them are changed names I have to correct with a single rescrap anyway.

What file types are the movies that don't create extrathumbs? It won't scan them for disc images (such as ISO, IMG, BIN, etc). Do you have auto generate extrathumbs enabled in settings?

I have double checked and I do have auto generate extrathumbs checked in settings. It does do it for a few, but like maybe 10%. It also seems to hang alot, that seems to happen alot on certian movies. I have un-highlighted them and let it go again, it does alot better at making it's way through, but still doesn't generate too many thumbs. Good news is that if I run it through several times, it seems to get a few more each time. Most of them I have to either do a single rescrap, or hit generate extrathumbs in a single scrape it will do it. Although I have noticed that some of my movies don't give me that option.
Most of my movies are AVI, about 75%. I have some XVID, MKV, WMV, and I think maybe a few MPEG 4 even. I convert most over to AVI to save hard disk space over the OSI files.
I have gotten it to scrape and download trailers nicely. It of course takes awhile, but it does a pretty good job with those, just having problems with the extrathumbs really.

- nul7 - 2009-07-23

Ram2000 Wrote:Well firstly I dont agree with the move but thats just my 10 cents....
but back on track has anybody had this issue when trying to scrape a single movie just for meta data hangs like this

...snip img...

It sits there for as long as you like to leave it and have to exit to get back.
this is running the latest release V778
thanks in advance

To refresh meta data for only the selected movie, you have to raise the info panel and hit the refresh button. Using one of the scrapers will scan meta data for ALL movies, NEW movies, or MARKED movies (depending on the option you select). I'm assuming you're using the Marked Movies scraper (which is for marked movies, NOT selected movies Wink)... what you're seeing is a graphical glitch in that if there are no marked movies, the cancel button is still visible after the scraper cancels out. I fixed that for next release (which will be out in a few hours).

SHen350 Wrote:I have double checked and I do have auto generate extrathumbs checked in settings. It does do it for a few, but like maybe 10%. It also seems to hang alot, that seems to happen alot on certian movies. I have un-highlighted them and let it go again, it does alot better at making it's way through, but still doesn't generate too many thumbs. Good news is that if I run it through several times, it seems to get a few more each time. Most of them I have to either do a single rescrap, or hit generate extrathumbs in a single scrape it will do it. Although I have noticed that some of my movies don't give me that option.
Most of my movies are AVI, about 75%. I have some XVID, MKV, WMV, and I think maybe a few MPEG 4 even. I convert most over to AVI to save hard disk space over the OSI files.
I have gotten it to scrape and download trailers nicely. It of course takes awhile, but it does a pretty good job with those, just having problems with the extrathumbs really.

I think you, as well, are confusing "marked" with "selected" (or "highlighted" as you say).

- nul7 - 2009-07-23

Montellese Wrote:Sorry for taking that long to report back on the issue. I still have the same problem. I just tried to take a screenshot but as the whole GUI freezes after I close the message box telling me that there is no fanart available, I was too slow.
The error occurs every time. I didn't manage to fully scrape this movie yet, there is no automatically generated NFO in the folder either.

What I think is very unusual is that the Task Manager doesn't list EMM as not responding as it usually does when a GUI freezes. Maybe it doesn't stop looking for trailers (which is the next step right after fanarts).

EDIT: Ok I just managed to get to see half of the GUI again and the progress bar at the bottom of the GUI is still running and it says "Scraping Meta Data" (or something like that. I can see only parts of the GUI).

EDIT2: After disabling the Trailer scraping I tried to scrape it again. It shortly freezed after closing the mentioned messagebox but then came back with the dialog providing me with the scraped information. It must have something to do with my trailer settings. This is a screenshot taking from my settings dialog (ignore the german strings Wink ):
...snip img...
I know this kind of setting concerning trailers doesn't make any sense but I wanted to disable it temporarily while scraping rare movies not having any trailers for sure to save some time.

I've been trying to figure out what could be causing this for you and just cannot reproduce it either. One thing that stands out as a difference, is that you have translated the strings to German. It's possible that your translation is causing an error. Try switching back to English and try again.

- nul7 - 2009-07-23

r790 is available for download. General bug fix release. It's very hard to keep track of anything in this thread, so if you reported a bug and it is still present in this version, please add it to the issues page on embermm.com (see my signature). If you report it here, there's a good chance that it will be missed or forgotten.

Changelog for version r790:
Code:
* Fix: Meta data not scanning for stacked files
    * Fix: Cancel button not hiding when running New or Marked scrapers when there are no new or marked movies
    * Fix: Error log only displaying last error
    * Fix/Change: Tweaks to library update and file cleaner
    * Fix/Change: Tweaks to auto detect video_ts
    * Change: More detailed single-scrape status
    * Change: More translatable strings
    * Change: Default "Use Only for Folders with Multiple Movies" to disabled
    * Change: Resize/Re-arrange some items to make more room for translated strings.

- MrIcka - 2009-07-23

Sweet, thanks for a great program, this really rock and looks damn fine to!

- nul7 - 2009-07-23

MrIcka Wrote:Sweet, thanks for a great program, this really rock and looks damn fine to!

Thank you!

- MrDVD - 2009-07-23

nul7 Wrote:[b][SIZE="5"]
Changelog for version r790:
Code:
* Fix: Meta data not scanning for stacked files

Hallo, im not sure that this works in all cases

This looks to work:
Code:
name.cd1.avi
name.cd2.avi
name.cd3.avi

This not for cd1 and cd2:
Code:
name.cd1.avi
name.cd2.avi
nameextras.avi

This also didnt work here:
Code:
name.cd1.something.mkv
name.cd2.something.mkv
name.cd3.something.mkv
name.cd4.something.mkv
name.cd5.something.mkv

for the mkv's i also tested it with part1 - part5 with the same result.

With r778 i was also able to add more posters and fanarts in an folder with cd1-cdx and an part named nameextras.avi in r790 this isnt possible anymore, it ignore the nfo and pics. (also after rightklick -> refresh)

Edit: it looks like cd1-cdx and extras works via the refresh button for the media data but than it count cd1-cdx + extras ?

Mediainfo itself mean:
cd1 1h22min = 82 min
cd2 1h24min = 84 min
extras 1h46min = 106 min

and EMM say 272min after an refresh.