Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- infy - 2009-07-27

Amazing Smile

Really does an excellent job. Great interface..

I however do have some suggestions/questions

*Filenaming: you can specify what name you want for your poster. fanart, trialer, nfo. I just clicked them all. Because I have no idea what is used by what program. So it would be great if you could tell me what's what. (perhaps when you hoover over the box that it shows you for what it's used).

*images: what do you suggest I should use...TMDB/IMPA/MOVIEDB I just clicked them all :].

*XBMC communication. How does that work exactly. I ran the manager on my server. Using the local directory structure. Is this going to cause problems when I start communicating with XBMC.

- nul7 - 2009-07-27

infy Wrote:Amazing Smile

Really does an excellent job. Great interface..

I however do have some suggestions/questions

*Filenaming: you can specify what name you want for your poster. fanart, trialer, nfo. I just clicked them all. Because I have no idea what is used by what program. So it would be great if you could tell me what's what. (perhaps when you hoover over the box that it shows you for what it's used).

*images: what do you suggest I should use...TMDB/IMPA/MOVIEDB I just clicked them all :].

*XBMC communication. How does that work exactly. I ran the manager on my server. Using the local directory structure. Is this going to cause problems when I start communicating with XBMC.

1> For XBMC, I find the best setup to be:

movie.nfo
<movie>.nfo
movie.tbn
<movie>.tbn
movie-fanart.jpg
<movie>-fanart.jpg
and enable "Use <movie> Only for Folders with Multiple Movies"

That way you don't have a bunch of junk files laying around that will never get used.

2> I find the highest resolution images come from TMDB, but enabling IMPA and MPDB provides more results. It's up to you, and enabling them all is perfectly fine.

3> At this point, XBMC Communication is only for triggering the library update of XBMC... the same as if you press "c" in XBMC and hit "Update Library".

- bobrap - 2009-07-28

Just wanted to say thanks for a great program and ask a quick question. What's the best way for me to keep alternate titles? For example, I have films that scan in the original language title, ex. Le violin rouge, I would like to keep the English title, The Red Violin. Thanks very muchBig Grin

- nul7 - 2009-07-28

bobrap Wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for a great program and ask a quick question. What's the best way for me to keep alternate titles? For example, I have films that scan in the original language title, ex. Le violin rouge, I would like to keep the English title, The Red Violin. Thanks very muchBig Grin

You can enable "Lock Title" in settings. If you do that, the title will not be updated during scraping unless it doesn't exist (ie: new movies). You can still change the title via the movie editor, if needed. So, in your case, just enable "Lock Title", double click the movie to edit, change the title to "The Red Violin", and not worry about it again. Wink

- bobrap - 2009-07-28

nul7 Wrote:You can enable "Lock Title" in settings. If you do that, the title will not be updated during scraping unless it doesn't exist (ie: new movies). You can still change the title via the movie editor, if needed. So, in your case, just enable "Lock Title", double click the movie to edit, change the title to "The Red Violin", and not worry about it again. Wink

Thanks, I appreciate it.Big Grin

- shabby - 2009-07-28

Am I doing something wrong I? With 790 I do not have the option for trailers. Is there a on/off for trailers? All options that include trailers are greyed out.
Thanks

- wstewart - 2009-07-28

I've just started using ember and it is absolutely fantastic. A big thank to the developers, it works great, easy to use and structure exactly along the lines of usability that fits what I need.

- RockDawg - 2009-07-28

RockDawg Wrote:Must be a recent change then because r778 showed VIDEO_TS for me. Also, that essentially breaks the 'play now' button since VIDEO_TS.bup is not a "playable" file.

Just in case you missed my reply earlier... Ember showing VIDEO_TS.bup rather than VIDEO_TS.ifo in the file path breaks the functionality of the play button since VIDEO_TS.bup is not a "playable" file.

- nul7 - 2009-07-28

bobrap Wrote:Thanks, I appreciate it.Big Grin

No problem!

shabby Wrote:Am I doing something wrong I? With 790 I do not have the option for trailers. Is there a on/off for trailers? All options that include trailers are greyed out.
Thanks

You have to enable trailer downloading in settings.

wstewart Wrote:I've just started using ember and it is absolutely fantastic. A big thank to the developers, it works great, easy to use and structure exactly along the lines of usability that fits what I need.

Thank you!

RockDawg Wrote:Just in case you missed my reply earlier... Ember showing VIDEO_TS.bup rather than VIDEO_TS.ifo in the file path breaks the functionality of the play button since VIDEO_TS.bup is not a "playable" file.

Yes... can't have your cake and eat it too. lol Even if it did select a .vob file, only that vob would play so it wouldn't play the entire movie anyway.

- TjaLfE - 2009-07-28

Hi...

I'm getting this error running on Windows 7 x64 as administrator and even tried in vista compatibility mode too. I have tried both the Ember x86 and x64 versions

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ember media manager.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.790
Problem Signature 03: 4a68078b
Problem Signature 04: Ember Media Manager
Problem Signature 05: 0.0.0.790
Problem Signature 06: 4a68078b
Problem Signature 07: 2
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.TypeInitialization
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1030

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any solutions for that?

- nul7 - 2009-07-28

TjaLfE Wrote:Hi...

I'm getting this error running on Windows 7 x64 as administrator and even tried in vista compatibility mode too. I have tried both the Ember x86 and x64 versions

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ember media manager.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.790
Problem Signature 03: 4a68078b
Problem Signature 04: Ember Media Manager
Problem Signature 05: 0.0.0.790
Problem Signature 06: 4a68078b
Problem Signature 07: 2
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: System.TypeInitialization
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1030

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any solutions for that?

Do you have the Extras package?

- TjaLfE - 2009-07-28

No.. I'm not using the extra package.. should I try that?

- RockDawg - 2009-07-28

nul7 Wrote:Yes... can't have your cake and eat it too. lol Even if it did select a .vob file, only that vob would play so it wouldn't play the entire movie anyway.

Once we figured out my issue and concluded that I needed to add .ifo to the extension list, Ember would put VIDEO_TS.ifo in the file path. Not .bup or .vob. And as you know, VIDEO_TS.ifo is playable and will play the entire movie. It did this in every previous version I tried before r790.

Prior to r790, the only issue I had was with Ember not retrieving any meta data, but Ember now showing .bup instead of .ifo hasn't corrected that (and I don't suppose it was intended to). Personally, I don't care much about being able to play the movie from withing Ember. My only intention for it was that if I could get ember to start retrieving meta data for my movies I was planning to use it as a quick and easy way to check if the actual duration matched the duration Ember came up with.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that it wasn't working as it had been before. That's all.

- TjaLfE - 2009-07-28

nul7... the extra package fixed the problem!... Big Grin thanks!

- rflores2323 - 2009-07-28

nul7 Wrote:There's no way to search bluray.com in a way to ensure that the posters it return are 100% from the movie you want.

what about making the bluray option a manual option that you have to pick to ensure you received the correct movie poster for that movie.

how can a scraper be added to search bluray posters and have an option to manually add them if checked ? can you make this an option.

Even if it only has a success rate of 90+% it would help out my library alot (and probably alot of others with HD/bluray content).