Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2009-07-30

rusten Wrote:I, for one, am in complete agreement with doing the movie section right, before moving to the TV section. The ratio of TV to movies, is low, and yet so much of what you are doing in movies translates.

Anyone familiar with OO patterns knows that you perfect the fundamentals first, then inheret these solid fundamentals in expanded features.

Your development is solid, methodical, and well thought, IMHO.

On a separate note...

I just upgraded to r790 from a much earlier release (6-something). I've run into some strange issues.

1. Filename In earlier versions, I believe Ember used the filename for the title displayed in the left-sidebar-list. In r790, it's using the scraped name. The problem with this, is that when you do an "automatic" run, many of those names are wrong and it makes it very difficult to hone-in on the erroneous movies. Is there an option to revert back to the filename, or show both? If not, there has to be some way to sort/order/expose the original filename to more easily find those movies that were mistitled as part of an automatic run.

2. Using XP Pro, 32-Bit, r790, When I do a "re-scrape" (by right-clicking) of a movie, pick the image, click OK on the description and return to Ember's main UI, the thumbnail does not show up. When I click onto another movie in the left-sidebar-list, then back onto the movie I've just "re-scraped", no data is present whatsoever. If I choose to "Reload" the info will appear (without thumbnail, despite it being there), then disappear as I click off the movie again.

There are no errors logged. Prior to upgrading there were no similar issues.

3. Using Windows 7, 64-Bit, r790 (fresh / new install), none of the buttons are shown along the bottom of the "Movie Search Results" dialog that you'll receive when picking a title-match for a movie, against the IMDB results. No OK button, no CANCEL, no "Modify IMDB" checkbox, etc.

4. Logging Some time ago, you mentioned more finite logging (verbose mode) that you'd work towards, so we could give you more empirical/objective bug reports. We're talking about thorough reporting during the scraping/search processes (not general GUI functionality, etc). I hope this is still on your to-do list, because it would make it much easier to get to the bottom of some of these issues!

1> If an nfo exists and it contains a title, it will display the title. If not, it will display the filename or foldername (depending on settings). You can enable Title Match Checking to verify the titles are correct for the files (uses as close to Levenshtein as I could create that was still useful for our purposes.... I think you were the one that originally requested this when we were still using the google code issues page, no?). I'd recommend a setting of at 5... anything less and you'll get a ton of false hits.

2> We've done a lot of tweaks and fixes for the next release. I'll post a test version in a little bit... please let us know if this behavior is still present in the new version.

3> Are the controls ghosted (you can see a white outline of where they're supposed to be... as if they haven't finished loading yet) or do they not appear at all? Is there space for where the controls should be or does the dialog cut off just below the results list? This is the first time I've heard of this issue.... very strange indeed.

4> Still on the To Do list, but not at a very high priority at this point... we're working to finish features specific only to movies at the moment.

- RKMFlorida - 2009-07-30

Hi Nul7, awesome info, thank you. Some replies:
Quote:1> If an nfo exists and it contains a title, it will display the title. If not, it will display the filename or foldername (depending on settings). You can enable Title Match Checking to verify the titles are correct for the files (uses as close to Levenshtein as I could create that was still useful for our purposes.... I think you were the one that originally requested this when we were still using the google code issues page, no?). I'd recommend a setting of at 5... anything less and you'll get a ton of false hits.
I had proposed a "Confidence" score, is this what you're referring to? For the life of me, I can't figure out where to set this option that you're referring to... I bet it's smack in the middle / obvious, which is exactly why I'm not seeing it ;-). Can you give me a quick chain-of-commands to invoke the Levenshtein comparison?

Quote:3> Are the controls ghosted (you can see a white outline of where they're supposed to be... as if they haven't finished loading yet) or do they not appear at all? Is there space for where the controls should be or does the dialog cut off just below the results list? This is the first time I've heard of this issue.... very strange indeed.
There is no space for the controls, the dialog is cutoff immediately below the results list, as you suspect. There is no room to see if anything is ghosted; however, it doesn't appear to be relevant considering the other issue.

- olympia - 2009-07-30

rusten Wrote:Hi Nul7, awesome info, thank you. Some replies:

I had proposed a "Confidence" score, is this what you're referring to? For the life of me, I can't figure out where to set this option that you're referring to... I bet it's smack in the middle / obvious, which is exactly why I'm not seeing it ;-). Can you give me a quick chain-of-commands to invoke the Levenshtein comparison?.

It's at:
Settings/Movies/Media list options/Check title match confidence. Wink

- RKMFlorida - 2009-07-30

Wow, you've done an amazing job with this "Confidence" score! You should enable it by default, it's tremendously valuable, IMHO! Particularly when you have a collection of 600 movies and you have to do all initial runs in auto :-)

- nul7 - 2009-07-30

Ok, test build time:

x86: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r882_exeonly_x86_TEST.zip

x64: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r882_exeonly_x64_TEST.zip

NOTE: The Meta Data editor is not yet operational... you can play with it, it just will not save data at this point. Please don't post bugs regarding this feature yet. Wink

And I apologize, but once again, this will create a fresh database.

- nul7 - 2009-07-30

rusten Wrote:Wow, you've done an amazing job with this "Confidence" score! You should enable it by default, it's tremendously valuable, IMHO! Particularly when you have a collection of 600 movies and you have to do all initial runs in auto :-)

Thanks... it was your idea. lol The only reason it's not enabled by default is because it makes certain functions slightly slower (probably not noticeable to anyone else but me lol I tried to make it as efficient as possible) and I'm sure we'd get flooded with "Why are all my movies red??" posts. lol

- zaltman - 2009-07-30

nul7 Wrote:3> Are the controls ghosted (you can see a white outline of where they're supposed to be... as if they haven't finished loading yet) or do they not appear at all? Is there space for where the controls should be or does the dialog cut off just below the results list? This is the first time I've heard of this issue.... very strange indeed.

lol

I've only used it on Windows 7 x64 and just thought it could do with some buttons on that dialog! Selecting the right match and hitting Enter does the trick though, so it hasn't been a big issue. Otherwise, it's a very well-crafted app.

My big issue is that the info/thumb/fanart appear immediately after doing a scrape, but if you edit and make changes, everything disappears from the main window when you apply the changes. The info comes back when you refresh the movie (F5) but disappears if you move to another movie and come back. I know this has been reported before, but I don't believe the cause has been found yet. I have three folders on separate drives, each folder has a.avi, b.mkv, c.avi, etc, with no subfolders. The other files are configured as <movie>.nfo, <movie>.tbn, <movie>-fanart.jpg, with the option for using <movie> only for subfolders disabled.

It would be nice if the correct images and info were loaded back in on future runs, so I hope this is fixed soon!

- nul7 - 2009-07-30

zaltman Wrote:lol

I've only used it on Windows 7 x64 and just thought it could do with some buttons on that dialog! Selecting the right match and hitting Enter does the trick though, so it hasn't been a big issue.

My big issue is that the info/thumb/fanart appear immediately after doing a scrape, but if you edit and make changes, everything disappears from the main window when you apply the changes. The info comes back when you refresh the movie (F5) but disappears if you move to another movie and come back. I know this has been reported before, but I don't believe the cause has been found yet. I have three folders on separate drives, each folder has a.avi, b.mkv, c.avi, etc, with no subfolders. The other files are configured as <movie>.nfo, <movie>.tbn, <movie>-fanart.jpg, with the option for using <movie> only for subfolders disabled.

It would be nice if the correct images and info were loaded back in on future runs, so I hope this is fixed soon!

Does this still happen with the test build? I can't replicate that..... but maybe I'm misunderstanding how to trigger it (I haven't slept yet lol).

Are there other dialogs without buttons?? I didn't know this was even a problem.... and I'm not sure how to even go about troubleshooting that one. lol

- bidossessi - 2009-07-30

how about upgrading the screenshots here and on your site?
they don't do EMM justice anymore, with the colossal amount of work that's been done in the meantime.
keep'em coming guys; you've probably got the best thing going since popcorn and xbmc.

- zaltman - 2009-07-30

nul7 Wrote:Does this still happen with the test build?

I'm using r790 - is there something newer?

nul7 Wrote:Are there other dialogs without buttons??

Just that one as far as I can see but I've not used all the features yet.

nul7 Wrote:I'm not sure how to even go about troubleshooting that one. lol

I was going to look at the VB code but I have VS2005 and it reports the solution file being newer so I'll go get myself an evaluation version of VS2008 (I thought I had one already but... I don't!) and see if I can figure it out.

- havix - 2009-07-30

nul7 Wrote:Thanks... it was your idea. lol The only reason it's not enabled by default is because it makes certain functions slightly slower (probably not noticeable to anyone else but me lol I tried to make it as efficient as possible) and I'm sure we'd get flooded with "Why are all my movies red??" posts. lol

I made a ticket couple weeks back that called for the Levenshtein algorithm to be used. I guess great minds think alike Smile

BTW I would love to see this defaulted as well.

- Nuno - 2009-07-30

zaltman Wrote:lol

I've only used it on Windows 7 x64 and just thought it could do with some buttons on that dialog! Selecting the right match and hitting Enter does the trick though, so it hasn't been a big issue. Otherwise, it's a very well-crafted app.

If you are using <movie>.nfo please confirm that you do NOT check the "Use <movie> for folders with multiple movies"

- RockDawg - 2009-07-30

I just tried the new test build and it is returning some metadata for my movies, but it's incomplete and some of it's wrong. Here's a screen shot:

All the movies are showing a 1.33 AR, but all the test videos I used were all widescreen (1.78-2.4). Also, notice that no runtime or audio info is shown.

Again, these are all ripped DVD's of the main movie only and VIDEO_TS.ifo format.

- Nuno - 2009-07-30

RockDawg Wrote:I just tried the new test build and it is returning some metadata for my movies, but it's incomplete and some of it's wrong. Here's a screen shot:

All the movies are showing a 1.33 AR, but all the test videos I used were all widescreen (1.78-2.4). Also, notice that no runtime or audio info is shown.

Again, these are all ripped DVD's of the main movie only and VIDEO_TS.ifo format.

That peace of code havent change for a couple of version allready.
Please rescrape meta data a check again

- JustinAiken - 2009-07-30

The meta data is only going to be an option right?

I ask, because I have lots of really old 1 CD divx rips from back in the day when divx encoding wasn't very good yet, so I'd like to replace alot of them with 2 CD mkv rips...

If there's no metadata saved, I can just delete the movie, drop in the new one, and my movie.nfo will still apply, right?