Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- user321 - 2009-08-06

Forgive me if I'm being dumb, but I can't get bulk renamer to work properly. It works on some movies, but I end up with a bunch of files called .avi, .srt etc.

All my movies are in 1 single folder. I want to name them "Title (Year)". That is all Tongue

What should I be putting in the available fields? For file pattern I'm using $T ($Y) which I'm sure is correct.

- kri kri - 2009-08-06

I am using Personal Video Database - would it be possible to import all of my movies?

- user321 - 2009-08-07

user321 Wrote:Forgive me if I'm being dumb, but I can't get bulk renamer to work properly. It works on some movies, but I end up with a bunch of files called .avi, .srt etc.

All my movies are in 1 single folder. I want to name them "Title (Year)". That is all Tongue

What should I be putting in the available fields? For file pattern I'm using $T ($Y) which I'm sure is correct.

Argh. This is driving me nuts! (love the software btw Wink). I can get it to rename single video files (and associated nfo, poster and fanart) but not multiple disc videos (e.g. Movie CD1.avi and Movie CD2.avi) - the title always ends up be stripped off and I'm left with CD1.avi and CD2.avi. Please help! Smile

- uncertainty - 2009-08-08

EDIT: Disregard as I see 1008 corrects the meta data issue.

- JustinAiken - 2009-08-08

uncertany, you need the 1008 update that's a few pages back in this thread, it fixes the metadata issue.

- uncertainty - 2009-08-08

clock2113 Wrote:uncertany, you need the 1008 update that's a few pages back in this thread, it fixes the metadata issue.

Ah ok, thanks, missed that message

- patkhoo - 2009-08-08

I just wanted to say that EMM 1008 works perfectly fine for me. You guys a doing a bang up first class job. I can't wait for the next step - TV show support. If it is up to the same standard as movies, wow.. Smile

As for feature requests, it would be nice if EMM can make coffee, popcorn and automatically set wife to --no-nag mode when telling XBMC to update... Smile

- JustinAiken - 2009-08-08

uncertainty Wrote:Ah ok, thanks, missed that message

What did you use to generate the list in your sig?

- nul7 - 2009-08-09

Sorry for my absence everyone... I've had a bit of a connectivity issue lately. I'll try to have the beta version released tonight or tomorrow. It just has a few more bug fixes and some minor optimizations over r1006.

- scottrat - 2009-08-09

Hello,

I am using Ember to create files for use on a xbox.

Under Settings
I am using the <movie> option for naming.

It correctly creates the 3 files, nfo, fanart, posters. But inside Ember, when I go back to the movie, it says "No Information availalble."

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Scott

- nul7 - 2009-08-09

scottrat Wrote:Hello,

I am using Ember to create files for use on a xbox.

Under Settings
I am using the <movie> option for naming.

It correctly creates the 3 files, nfo, fanart, posters. But inside Ember, when I go back to the movie, it says "No Information availalble."

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Scott

Hmmm... can you post a screen shot of the "Files and source" settings page and one of your directory in windows explorer?

- scottrat - 2009-08-09

Thanks for a quick response.

One thing I noticed is it name the fanart with .fanart.jpg even though I selected -fanart.jpg

You will noticed that some of them have check marks, it is because I have old data from other nfo generators. I was going to redo the whole library.

- nul7 - 2009-08-09

scottrat Wrote:Thanks for a quick response.

One thing I noticed is it name the fanart with .fanart.jpg even though I selected -fanart.jpg

...snip images...

You will noticed that some of them have check marks, it is because I have old data from other nfo generators. I was going to redo the whole library.
...snip image...

Ok... so it has something to do with detecting files for VIDEO_TS folders when YAMJ compatibility is enabled. I'll take a look at the code.... must have flubbed something up in there.

EDIT: And that is the reason it's using .fanart.jpg.... because that is compatible naming for YAMJ.

- RockDawg - 2009-08-09

nul7 - I saw your posts over in the "Library Movie Grouping" thread about sets and whatnot and since it's been stated that sorttitle and sets are separate things and sorttitle is now in svn, I was wondering again if there's a chance we could see the sorttitle field added to Ember?

- clackerdacker - 2009-08-09

RockDawg Wrote:nul7 - I saw your posts over in the "Library Movie Grouping" thread about sets and whatnot and since it's been stated that sorttitle and sets are separate things and sorttitle is now in svn, I was wondering again if there's a chance we could see the sorttitle field added to Ember?
+1

At the very least you should read it in and write it back out so we can maintain them by hand as at the moment it seems to disregard nodes it's umaware of.