Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2009-08-09

If/when sets support is added, will that not replace sorttitle? Why would you use sorttitle for a non-grouped movie?

- darknior - 2009-08-09

Hi

I'm french, and want have french information for my movies lol
But i don't see anything for that in the software Sad

Is it possible to use an other scraper like on xBox ?
The name is ALLOCINEv2 and it is the best for french users ...

Thanks

- user321 - 2009-08-09

Anyone? Confused

Latest test using 2 movies. 8MM is a 1CD movie, and 25th Hour is a 2CD movie:

Using the following settings:
I'm wondering why it doesn't preview the change for the second movie?

Results in 25th Hour being renamed properly, and 8MM being renamed incorrectly:

The error log shows:
http://pastebin.com/m1ec4fb05

Any help is greatly appreciated Smile

- clackerdacker - 2009-08-09

nul7 Wrote:If/when sets support is added, will that not replace sorttitle? Why would you use sorttitle for a non-grouped movie?

I don't understand why you seem to be so against even reading this in and writing it back out. You do for originaltitle. This is now a valid nfo file node and therefore should be supported by media managers, no?

- pigheadpaul - 2009-08-09

veryNice manager!
1.too many language options
2.flag tag does not picking up file name with keyword like 720p.1080p.h264.etc.(seems like only bluray/blu-ray.hddvd.hdtv.divx works well! or am i handling incorrectly?)
3.better to have png/bmp ... filename supported
4.TV show & music scrape would be nice

- Tolriq - 2009-08-09

pigheadpaul Wrote:veryNice manager!
1.too many language options
2.flag tag does not picking up file name with keyword like 720p.1080p.h264.etc.(seems like only bluray/blu-ray.hddvd.hdtv.divx works well! or am i handling incorrectly?)
3.better to have png/bmp ... filename supported
4.TV show & music scrape would be nice

What do you mean by : too many language options ?

For the flags, it now use native media flagging so it get the information using mediainfo on the real movie.

For 3) what file do you want in this format ? xbmc only handle tbn and jpg for the data Ember is Using.

For 4) I hope it's coming soon Smile

- olympia - 2009-08-09

clackerdacker Wrote:+1

At the very least you should read it in and write it back out so we can maintain them by hand as at the moment it seems to disregard nodes it's umaware of.

clackerdacker Wrote:I don't understand why you seem to be so against even reading this in and writing it back out. You do for originaltitle. This is now a valid nfo file node and therefore should be supported by media managers, no?

nul7 Wrote:If/when sets support is added, will that not replace sorttitle? Why would you use sorttitle for a non-grouped movie?

I don't understand it either... Huh
Why would sorttitle be useful once this kind of functionality is in place:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=383405&postcount=118

I don't even understand why sorttitle is useful in itself as of today?
Why would you want to have a different title for sorttitle? I mean why would you like to have both originaltitle and sortitle? If you set a sorttitle, where would you use originaltitle? If you want to solve the sorting issue, why you're not just renaming the originaltitle? I really don't see the point in having both title.

Open my eyes guys!

And as for this one:
clackerdacker Wrote:I don't understand why you seem to be so against even reading this in and writing it back out. You do for originaltitle. This is now a valid nfo file node and therefore should be supported by media managers, no?

Please let us decide... You didn't so much as bother to open a feature request for this feature.... Stare

- Tolriq - 2009-08-09

Well please calm down the situation Smile

I think that what he tries to says if that even if you don't wan't to handle it in the software it's an official possible value for the nfo.

Since you must admit that users can possibly use other tools than ember, if the field if present in the nfo you should read it and write it back when you save the modified nfo.
At this time you just delete the information.

Obviously i'm not a fan of the way he asks Smile but you must admit that it's not really a feature request, it's somewhat a "obligation" to keep in the nfo the values that you don't handle to don't break other tools or new features of xbmc you don't handle and so on.

My 2 cents Smile

- RockDawg - 2009-08-09

olympia Wrote:I don't understand it either... Huh
Why would sorttitle be useful once this kind of functionality is in place:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=383405&postcount=118

I don't even understand why sorttitle is useful in itself as of today?
Why would you want to have a different title for sorttitle? I mean why would you like to have both originaltitle and sortitle? If you set a sorttitle, where would you use originaltitle? If you want to solve the sorting issue, why you're not just renaming the originaltitle? I really don't see the point in having both title.

Open my eyes guys!

I don't claim to know exactly how sets would work, but I'm guessing it would create one entry in the main movie list for a set of movies (Star Wars, Die Hard, etc). I presume clicking on that would then take you to another screen where you will see and can select the individual movies within that set.

While I can see where many would like that option, and I'm all for it being added to XBMC, I don't see myself using it. For one, I would think it would render the counter in the movie list useless. If I had a total of 855 movies and I created a set for the six Rocky movies, I'm assuming the counter would now read 850 since the set is now listed as one. Also, I queue up multiple movies a lot and (again I'm assuming) that would require more navigation to queue a movie within a set. I really dislike unnecessary navigation and prefer things to be as few clicks as necessary to get to most functionality.

All I want is to simply have my series listed together in chronological order while maintaining the correct title. This is exactly what sorttitle accomplishes. The sort title is never displayed. As it's name suggests, it is only for sorting purposes. I've read that some people think it's stupid and say to simply rename the movie, but why? Why create that inaccuracy just to have a logical grouping. Years ago, before I started using XBMC, I used both Meedio and Sage and both had a sort title field. If I'm not mistaken, Win MCE (maybe the My Movies plugin, I'm not sure) also used it. There's a reason other software has it and someone like joelmeans implemented it in XBMC and it's been added to svn.

Ember seems to be all out YAMJ compatability and, as I've said, I don't know anything about YAMJ, but why do the nfos contain both <title> and <originaltitle>? To me, that sounds like the same thing just done a tad different.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to demand anything here and I appreciate what you've all given us in Ember. It's just that I'm hoping to use Ember for all my nfo needs and the sorttitle feature is something I (and others) have been waiting for for years.

I doubt I've opened anyone's eyes, but maybe I've at least shed a little light on it.

- Tolriq - 2009-08-09

Well say Smile

But for me originaltitle serve as original title :p the title contain the french one.
This information is important for directory naming and search information as this title is know every where will french title not Smile

so whatever is done please don't touch title and originaltitle Smile

- RockDawg - 2009-08-09

Tolriq Wrote:Well say Smile

But for me originaltitle serve as original title :p the title contain the french one.
This information is important for directory naming and search information as this title is know every where will french title not Smile

so whatever is done please don't touch title and originaltitle Smile

I'm certainly not suggesting they change or remove anything already there, I just never understood what the difference was. I still don't totally understand, but obviously it serves a purpose.

- JustinAiken - 2009-08-09

Original Title is for the real name, like "El Nino"

Title is for the English name, like "The Nino"

- nul7 - 2009-08-09

user321 Wrote:Anyone? Confused

Latest test using 2 movies. 8MM is a 1CD movie, and 25th Hour is a 2CD movie:

Any help is greatly appreciated Smile

What is the full path to this folder? Does it contain invalid characters for a Windows path?

Because I asked a question I am against adding support for it?? Eek If it's just going to be replaced by sets support, there is no point in adding support for it in Ember. If not, then I'll add it. Simple as that. Calm down.

- JustinAiken - 2009-08-10

Could somebody that's good with photoshop make genre tiles for zombie and comic (like comic book, for movies like Spiderman)?

- clackerdacker - 2009-08-10

nul7 Wrote:Because I asked a question I am against adding support for it?? Eek If it's just going to be replaced by sets support, there is no point in adding support for it in Ember. If not, then I'll add it. Simple as that. Calm down.

Sorry, we seem to have gotten lost somewhere. I'm not and have never tried to be a hard arse on any of this and all I was ever after was a response along the lines of one of the following, and I'm not overly bothered which it is.

"With set support in the future we'd rather wait as see if that arrives first and then make a choice as we've limited developers and unlimited development, so in the short to medium term that's a no."

or

"Of course we will as it's now a part of XBMC even though we don't fully see the benefit and won't be using them personally, we understand there are people out there who do and will. Now until the whole sets thing eventuates we'll take the path of least development and simply read it in and write it back out if it exists so you can maintain them manually and not have an Ember re-scrape destroy them."

Where the really important part to those of us who are interested in this is not have an Ember re-scrape destroy them.

Are we cool?