Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- Ram2000 - 2009-08-14

HackerHelpDesk Wrote:I am running Windows 7 RTM and none of my media flags are appearing, they all appear as question marks. Any ideas?

You need to download the fixed EXE about 3 pages back I think

Do you guys want me to share my studio tags here or not bother >?

- r1ctus - 2009-08-14

hi! I have a problem when trying to scrape trailers with youtube. i click the icon next to Trailer URL, then for a short time I get the "compiling trailer list" message, but after that the list is empty. i checked if a movie trailer existed on TMDB, and it does. I also tried copying the Youtube URL, then hitting download, then for about 2 seconds I get the "Downloading selected trailer" message, but the trailer still isn't downloaded.

- arryo - 2009-08-14

Has anyone tried with Win 7 x64? It seems to me that Ember can't save the information scrapped (for all poster, fanart and even nfo). I tried to run as administrator (of course), but still no luck. And I used the exe posted in few pages back (I think the version shows is r1022

- themugger - 2009-08-14

midgetspy Wrote:Without reading the last 20 pages of the thread I missed, has the idea of adding TV support been officially dropped? I notice the topic just says "Movies". If so that's really tragic because all of the TV managers are pretty terrible and Ember is so good, hehe.

Just read a few pages back, its on its way!

- logictester - 2009-08-14

arryo Wrote:Has anyone tried with Win 7 x64? It seems to me that Ember can't save the information scrapped (for all poster, fanart and even nfo). I tried to run as administrator (of course), but still no luck. And I used the exe posted in few pages back (I think the version shows is r1022

i use win 7 x64 MSDN edition with r1022 and everything works...

- arryo - 2009-08-14

logictester Wrote:i use win 7 x64 MSDN edition with r1022 and everything works...

I also used win 7 x64 MSDN. it's so weird, all of my new added movies since win 7 don't have nfo, thumb, fanart , or poster.

Nul7, have you had any idea why it's happening and what should I try to fix it?

Thank you and your program is rock!

- mandark - 2009-08-14

is there any way to manually set or change the "source"-metatag (e.g. blu-ray, hd-dvd, dvd, etc.). i understand that EMM automatically parses this info out of the filename, if its included there. but if its not, it would be great to be able to manually set it.

- MrDVD - 2009-08-14

@mandark - i dont think there is a way, at last i didnt know one Smile

- Death-Axe - 2009-08-15

Dude, I have just started using this, after the other 2 broke (something about imdb changing links or somehing I dunno) and wow... why didn't I use this one in the begining? hehe. Great app! finally I can fix my movie nfos etc and scan em into lib! whoop whoop!

- RockDawg - 2009-08-15

mandark Wrote:is there any way to manually set or change the "source"-metatag (e.g. blu-ray, hd-dvd, dvd, etc.). i understand that EMM automatically parses this info out of the filename, if its included there. but if its not, it would be great to be able to manually set it.

I don't know of anyway to do that either, but that would be a great feature to add. Moreover, I think it would rock if you could select multiple titles and set/change that field for them all in one fell swoop.

seperate into folders - hobartgeorge - 2009-08-15

Hi guys,

Is there a way to get EMM to separate movies into separate folders? The reason i ask is all of my movies are in the same folder, which was good when i only had one (at most two) files per movie, but now i've got fanart, thumbnails, subtitles, trailers and much more which is making for a little bit of a mess...

- onebyside - 2009-08-15

nul7 Wrote:What file name are you using for the poster? I don't think XBMC detects any jpgs to be used for posters... if any, it would be folder.jpg. The "native" file name to use for posters for XBMC is movie.tbn or <movie>.tbn.

EDIT: You can run the file cleaner to get rid of the other poster file that you currently have, enable movie.tbn or <movie>.tbn, then run the All Movies -> Auto or Ask -> Posters Only and it should only take a few seconds to a few minutes (depending on how many movies you have) to run through them all if you have caching enabled.

working great, getting rid of the jpg's fixed the prob...thank you

- hobartgeorge - 2009-08-15

r1ctus Wrote:hi! I have a problem when trying to scrape trailers with youtube. i click the icon next to Trailer URL, then for a short time I get the "compiling trailer list" message, but after that the list is empty. i checked if a movie trailer existed on TMDB, and it does. I also tried copying the Youtube URL, then hitting download, then for about 2 seconds I get the "Downloading selected trailer" message, but the trailer still isn't downloaded.

I'm also having this issue. I've got about 50 movies which aren't downloading trailers, none of which had proper trailers configured in tmdb (either none or the one configured had been taken down) but i fixed that for all of them and still none of them will download. I even tried deleting the database and starting again 'forcing' a scrape but that didn't help... Any ideas appreciated, i'd rather not manually download them all.

- Tolriq - 2009-08-15

hobartgeorge Wrote:Hi guys,

Is there a way to get EMM to separate movies into separate folders? The reason i ask is all of my movies are in the same folder, which was good when i only had one (at most two) files per movie, but now i've got fanart, thumbnails, subtitles, trailers and much more which is making for a little bit of a mess...

Yes there's an option in the menu Smile quite explicit :p
Tools / Sort Files into Folders Smile

- JustinAiken - 2009-08-15

The auto trailer downloader doesn't work well for me... it grabbed the lowest quality video files I've ever seen! Like 2MB for 4 minutes, and the resolution was like 50x50... :/

I think I'm going to just manually get a bunch of HQs from apple trailers...