Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- mandark - 2009-08-15

mandark Wrote:is there any way to manually set or change the "source"-metatag (e.g. blu-ray, hd-dvd, dvd, etc.). i understand that EMM automatically parses this info out of the filename, if its included there. but if its not, it would be great to be able to manually set it.

MrDVD Wrote:@mandark - i dont think there is a way, at last i didnt know one Smile

RockDawg Wrote:I don't know of anyway to do that either, but that would be a great feature to add. Moreover, I think it would rock if you could select multiple titles and set/change that field for them all in one fell swoop.

thanks for your answers! i just created an issue at the EMM-website regarding this feature-request.

New to using this program... - riverhawk - 2009-08-15

This thread is huge...hope i can get some help. I am using R1022 for vistax64.

My movies are fairly organized each within their own folder. I previously used a program to generate a "mymovies.xml" which has useful information. I can't seem to get Ember to do what i want. It seems to get the title of the movie correct, but after it scrapes it never finds fanart/posters and never fills in the movie data. The generated nfo file has the correct title, but everything else is not populated. It does seem to find "extrathumbs" correctly.

I want to download fanart, trailers, posters, thumbs then rename the folder and movie as "movie.year", but I can't even rename it because it never gets the year field populated.

My setup(example):

G:Movies/
---->Memento.2000.1080p.Bluray.DTS.x264-CtrlHD
-------->Memento.2000.1080p.Bluray.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv
-------->Memento.2000.1080p.Bluray.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.nfo(
-------->mymovies.xml
-------->folder.jpg

1. Does EMM use mymovies.xml if it finds it?
2. It seems to take about 10 minutes per movie to scrape...normal?
3. Anything I can change/tweak to do what i want?

Thanks.

- user321 - 2009-08-15

Where can I find r1022? Smile

Also, is there a donate option for emm like there is for most other projects? If not there should be!

- MrDVD - 2009-08-15

riverhawk Wrote:This thread is huge...hope i can get some help. I am using R1022 for vistax64.

My movies are fairly organized each within their own folder. I previously used a program to generate a "mymovies.xml" which has useful information. I can't seem to get Ember to do what i want. It seems to get the title of the movie correct, but after it scrapes it never finds fanart/posters and never fills in the movie data. The generated nfo file has the correct title, but everything else is not populated. It does seem to find "extrathumbs" correctly.

I want to download fanart, trailers, posters, thumbs then rename the folder and movie as "movie.year", but I can't even rename it because it never gets the year field populated.

My setup(example):

-------->mymovies.xml
-------->folder.jpg

Thanks.

whats inside mymovie.xml and whats inside .nfo and whats the ( behind nfo ?

- riverhawk - 2009-08-15

MrDVD Wrote:whats inside mymovie.xml and whats inside .nfo and whats the ( behind nfo ?

I was trying to describe that the nfo contained release group information when i was using the "( )", but looks like it didnt post correctly. Here are the other two files.

mymovies.xml:
Code:
<Title>
    <LocalTitle>Memento</LocalTitle>
    <OriginalTitle>Memento</OriginalTitle>
    <SortTitle>Memento</SortTitle>
    <Added>11/9/2008 3:10:11 PM</Added>
    <ProductionYear>2000</ProductionYear>
    <RunningTime>113</RunningTime>
    <IMDBrating>8.6</IMDBrating>
    <Description>A man, suffering from short-term memory loss, uses notes and tattoos to hunt for the man he thinks killed his wife.</Description>
    <Covers>
        <Front>folder.jpg</Front>
        <Back />
    </Covers>
    <Genres>
        <Genre>Crime</Genre>
        <Genre>Drama</Genre>
        <Genre>Mystery</Genre>
        <Genre>Thriller</Genre>
    </Genres>
    <Persons>
        <Person>
            <Name>Christopher Nolan</Name>
            <Type>Director</Type>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Guy Pearce</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Leonard</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Carrie-Anne Moss</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Natalie</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Joe Pantoliano</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Teddy Gammell</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Mark Boone Junior</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Burt</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Russ Fega</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Waiter</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Jorja Fox</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Leonard's Wife</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Stephen Tobolowsky</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Sammy</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Harriet Sansom Harris</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Mrs. Jankis</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Thomas Lennon</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Doctor</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Callum Keith Rennie</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Dodd</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Kimberly Campbell</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Blonde</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Marianne Muellerleile</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Tattooist</Role>
        </Person>
        <Person>
            <Name>Larry Holden</Name>
            <Type>Actor</Type>
            <Role>Jimmy</Role>
        </Person>
    </Persons>
</Title>

NFO:
________ ____ ______
/ ____/ /______/ / / / / __ \
/ / / __/ ___/ / /_/ / / / /
/ /___/ /_/ / / / __ / /_/ /
\____/\__/_/ /_/_/ /_/_____/

Memento 2000 1080p Bluray DTS x264-CtrlHD

~Plot~
Memento chronicles two separate stories of Leonard,
an ex-insurance investigator who can no longer build new memories,
as he attempts to find the murderer of his wife,
which is the last thing he remembers. One story line movies forward
in time while the other tells the story backwards revealing more each time.

~General Information~

RUNTIME.......: 113 min
SIZE..........: 2xDVD5
VIDEO CODEC...: x264, 2pass, L4.1
FRAMERATE.....: 23.976 fps
BITRATE.......: Variable ~ 9300 Kbps
RESOLUTION....: 1920x816
AUDIO 1.......: English DTS 5.1 1536 kbps
AUDIO 2.......: Audio Commentary DD 2.0 192 kbps
SUBTITLES.....: Eng, Fre, Ger, Ita, Spa, Por, Swe, Dan, Fin, Dut, Hun
SOURCE........: Memento 1080p Blu-ray MPEG-2 LPCM 5.1
IMDB RATING...: 8.6/10 (204,198 votes)
IMDB LINK.....: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209144/

~Post Information~

ENCODER.......: JohnHD
RELEASE DATE..: 10/08/2008

- robart - 2009-08-15

nice job, if u add tv support i will offical merry u

- nul7 - 2009-08-15

MrDVD Wrote:I have a little Q. about this

<file></file>
<filenameandpath></filenameandpath>
<status></status>

and maybe more Tags the all have an path inside to the movie. For what this is needed ?
I scrape via Windows and the movies are under Linux so the path isnt the same. Is this only a EMM internal use ?

Is it save to run an NFO upgrade to have tham all at the current "name" ? Smile

Edit: Its also possible that some Tags are not from EMM

You must still have this data in your nfos/db from a very old version... data was being written to these fields by mistake, now they are only there for compatibility (if the nfo already contains these fields, it will be read and written out the same). You'll need to remove these fields from your nfos, then reload all movies.... that should clear them out.

midgetspy Wrote:Without reading the last 20 pages of the thread I missed, has the idea of adding TV support been officially dropped? I notice the topic just says "Movies". If so that's really tragic because all of the TV managers are pretty terrible and Ember is so good, hehe.

No, not dropped. Just waiting for the DONE stamp on the movies section.... which you should all be receiving the update notice for the Beta version now. Wink

Ram2000 Wrote:Do you guys want me to share my studio tags here or not bother >?

Sure... could always use more!

r1ctus Wrote:hi! I have a problem when trying to scrape trailers with youtube. i click the icon next to Trailer URL, then for a short time I get the "compiling trailer list" message, but after that the list is empty. i checked if a movie trailer existed on TMDB, and it does. I also tried copying the Youtube URL, then hitting download, then for about 2 seconds I get the "Downloading selected trailer" message, but the trailer still isn't downloaded.

hobartgeorge Wrote:I'm also having this issue. I've got about 50 movies which aren't downloading trailers, none of which had proper trailers configured in tmdb (either none or the one configured had been taken down) but i fixed that for all of them and still none of them will download. I even tried deleting the database and starting again 'forcing' a scrape but that didn't help... Any ideas appreciated, i'd rather not manually download them all.

Try increasing the timeout. For pasting in the YouTube URL, be sure you are copy/pasting the url to the page, not the embedding URL or anything like that.

Also note, that it could take a few hours up to a few days for the TMDB API cache to update. So if you add a trailer today, it may not be until Wednesday or so before it is accessible to Ember... but usually it's only a 24 hour delay or so.

arryo Wrote:I also used win 7 x64 MSDN. it's so weird, all of my new added movies since win 7 don't have nfo, thumb, fanart , or poster.

Nul7, have you had any idea why it's happening and what should I try to fix it?

Thank you and your program is rock!

Check your file naming settings... sounds like you don't have them set properly.

mandark Wrote:is there any way to manually set or change the "source"-metatag (e.g. blu-ray, hd-dvd, dvd, etc.). i understand that EMM automatically parses this info out of the filename, if its included there. but if its not, it would be great to be able to manually set it.

As noted in your issue, there is no point to doing this because XBMC would not read the data. This feature is added by skinners who read the filename in the same manner Ember does.

clock2113 Wrote:The auto trailer downloader doesn't work well for me... it grabbed the lowest quality video files I've ever seen! Like 2MB for 4 minutes, and the resolution was like 50x50... :/

I think I'm going to just manually get a bunch of HQs from apple trailers...

Ember has no control over the quality of the trailers that are added to IMDB or TMDB. If it's downloading trailers, then the feature works. If you don't like what it downloads, add better quality trailers to TMDB.

riverhawk Wrote:This thread is huge...hope i can get some help. I am using R1022 for vistax64.

My setup(example):

-------->mymovies.xml
-------->folder.jpg

Thanks.

1> MyMovies.xml is not a supported file type. However, Ember WILL parse data from your scene release nfos.

2> It depends on all the options you have set, how fast your internet connection and computer is, how many images are available for the movie, and how well the supported sites are responding.... a full scrape will download all information from IMDB, all available fanart images from TMDB, all available poster images from TMDB, IMPA, and MPDB, scan the file for meta data, download the trailer, and extract frames from the video to use as extrathumbs.

3> Check your file naming settings... sounds like you might have a mis-configuration in there somewhere.

- nul7 - 2009-08-16

r1029 Beta is available for download. You can download it here. This is it.... there are no more known bugs so there will be no more movies only releases. Any further accepted feature requests for the movies section will be postponed until the first version containing TV support is released.

- Death-Axe - 2009-08-16

after those first 2 apps that came out ballsed up my collection (I'll not mention the names of those 2 apps...), yours came and saved the day! all is well, and you are awsome. Thank you for making this app.

- nul7 - 2009-08-16

Death-Axe Wrote:after those first 2 apps that came out ballsed up my collection (I'll not mention the names of those 2 apps...), yours came and saved the day! all is well, and you are awsome. Thank you for making this app.

Glad we could be of some help to you and your movie collection!

- MrDVD - 2009-08-16

nul7 Wrote:You must still have this data in your nfos/db from a very old version... data was being written to these fields by mistake, now they are only there for compatibility (if the nfo already contains these fields, it will be read and written out the same). You'll need to remove these fields from your nfos, then reload all movies.... that should clear them out.

Hallo, sure i have it still in my nfo as i expected that EMM del the parts the are "wrong/not needed anymore" and keep the nfo files clean this way Smile

Anyway i deleted now all "known" unwanted tags with sed under linux as i would not be able to check 1500 nfo files and del the old parts one by one Smile

I checked after an rescan the db and EMM still create the empty tables for this tags. Maybe you can clean the db also @ some future release.

THX for r1028 and im happy that now a new part starts as with my +8000 episodes of TV shows the tool i use until now is sooooooooooo slow Smile

- hobartgeorge - 2009-08-16

Tolriq Wrote:Yes there's an option in the menu Smile quite explicit :p
Tools / Sort Files into Folders Smile

Opps. Sorry, must of had my blinkers on...!

- steve1977 - 2009-08-16

nul7 Wrote:r1028 Beta is available for download. You can download it here. This is it.... there are no more known bugs so there will be no more movies only releases. Any further accepted feature requests for the movies section will be postponed until the first version containing TV support is released.

Awesome!!! I am using EMM since its first days and it was very impressive to see it evolving. Absolutely terrific job!!!

Would suggest to open a new thread for the Beta Release. Will even further grow the user base and doesnt scare off people going through hundreds of pages...

watched status suggestion - hobartgeorge - 2009-08-16

RockDawg Wrote:Actually, it didn't read the watched tag for some reason. It read the playcount tag (playcount>0=watched). The reason I was given for it's removal was that they didn't feel it belonged in a nfo since it wasn't static information when everything else in a nfo is. While I can understand that thinking, I think it's a bit unique in that watched status doesn't continuously change. Once something is watched it always is. While XBMC doesn't update the nfo with the watched status, a user could do so themself via a nfo editor (like Ember). Whenever I use my nfo editor (Media Companion) to scan newly acquired movies, I take a second to mark any recently watched ones.

The main benefit I saw in it was if you ever had to re-scan your entire db, watched status would be entered correctly. If you've been around XBMC long enough you've most assuredly had to do that at least once. Also, I have a couple Xboxes around the house that don't get used as much as my main XBMC PC, and whenever I update their libraries, they also get the correct watched status of any newly found movies or episodes. Not perfect, but it helps cut down on how many videos I have to track down and marked as watched after an update.

Anyhow, I've been anxiously watching the progress of Ember and I look forward to giving it a try once TV show support is added. Looks good so far.

I concur fully with your sentiments however i do understand the reasoning behind xbmc not wanting to use the NFO file for the status as that is only really relevant to one particular user so if a file with its sidecar NFO was copied to someone else it would be copied with a watched status that wasn't necessarily relevant.

My issue is that i have more than one computer running XBMC, which means that i can never actually rely on the watched status anyway as they're not shared between computers. It's not even copied when you export then import your library (which it should be in my opinion).

The solution i think would be to create another file that records this kind of information. Since an entire file would be at disposal it should probably record every time it is watched and the name of the computer it was watched on, perhaps also with information like when it was skipped (as iTunes does). Obviously some kind of XML file would be best. From there it would be fairly easy to share this very useful information between computers and it shouldn't be that hard to have a background thread that kept it in sync with the xbmc database on any given machine (optionally enabled of course).

XBMC would need to support this natively though is the main caviat but tools like EMM would be very nicely able to manipulate these files in bulk to get the initial values in.

- nul7 - 2009-08-16

steve1977 Wrote:Awesome!!! I am using EMM since its first days and it was very impressive to see it evolving. Absolutely terrific job!!!

Would suggest to open a new thread for the Beta Release. Will even further grow the user base and doesnt scare off people going through hundreds of pages...

Thanks! You were definitely a big help to the project with testing and feedback!

For the separate thread... I would like to, just to get a fresh start, but I don't think the XBMC devs like these supplemental tools very much and I don't want to push my luck with opening another thread for it. They're gracious enough to let us have this little space on their forums. I don't want to turn into the unwanted guest who leaves dirty clothes in every room in the house. lol