Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- olympia - 2009-05-14

@nul7

Have you read my final comments here?
http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanager/issues/detail?id=6&can=1&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Owner%20Summary

(I am not sure you get e-mail notification on closed issues.)

- nul7 - 2009-05-14

olympia Wrote:@nul7

Have you read my final comments here?
http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanager/issues/detail?id=6&can=1&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Owner%20Summary

(I am not sure you get e-mail notification on closed issues.)

Got it. Thanks. I fixed the problem for the next version. Guess I got a little hasty with the invalid button. lol Sorry about that.

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-05-14

.... isn't the new ver. read the "media info" part of the "old" nfo files made by previously ver of EMM ?

I have to press "Refresh" button to get it to show..!!

one more thing... iam at this moment changing the plot of every movie to Swedish.
If i press "auto pilot" i think it will "Re-scape" the plot to english, right?
Is there away to "lock" the plot, so it will stay the same, even if i "Re-Scape" it?

- koscica - 2009-05-14

I tryed the latest version and I figured out that I can scan more than one movie only if each movie is located in a seperate folder. When I try to scan a folder with multiple movies it only scannes a single movie even though I specified it as files path.

- nul7 - 2009-05-14

PrimaryMaster Wrote:.... isn't the new ver. read the "media info" part of the "old" nfo files made by previously ver of EMM ?

I have to press "Refresh" button to get it to show..!!

one more thing... iam at this moment changing the plot of every movie to Swedish.
If i press "auto pilot" i think it will "Re-scape" the plot to english, right?
Is there away to "lock" the plot, so it will stay the same, even if i "Re-Scape" it?

koscica Wrote:I tryed the latest version and I figured out that I can scan more than one movie only if each movie is located in a seperate folder. When I try to scan a folder with multiple movies it only scannes a single movie even though I specified it as files path.

Please report the issues here:

http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanager/issues/list

so I can keep track of them. Thanks.

EDIT: Don't bother reporting yours koscica... I already fixed it. lol

EDIT2: Don't bother reporting yours either, PrimaryMaster. I fixed the incompatibility issue for next version as well. And yes, if you rescrape it will overwrite the plot with the info from IMDB.

- midgetspy - 2009-05-15

I added notes to some closed bugs that should be re-opened BTW, I don't know if you get alerted to that or not.

- nul7 - 2009-05-15

midgetspy Wrote:I added notes to some closed bugs that should be re-opened BTW, I don't know if you get alerted to that or not.

I get emailed for any changes made. Wink I replied earlier today.

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-05-15

nul7 Wrote:.... And yes, if you rescrape it will overwrite the plot with the info from IMDB.

Iam mean some box to check if you dont want EMM to scape the plot.

- nul7 - 2009-05-15

PrimaryMaster Wrote:Is there away to "lock" the plot, so it will stay the same, even if i "Re-Scape" it?

Add a feature request to google code so I don't forget and I'll work on it.

- clackerdacker - 2009-05-15

nul7 Wrote:What is the folder structure for VIDEO_TS folders? I don't use direct rips so I have no clue. lol

Structured like this

28 Weeks Later\VIDEO_TS and in here you have VIDEO_TS.NFO, VIDEO_TS.TBN & fanart.jpg. It also fails with dvr-ms files setup exactly like avi or mkv files.

PrimaryMaster Wrote:Is there away to "lock" the plot, so it will stay the same, even if i "Re-Scape" it?

This also applies to title as some of us modify them to alloow for custom sorting and I don"t want to lose them when rescraping.

- idioteque - 2009-05-15

maybe it is me but with windows 7 7068 Ember does not scrape anything.

it just finished and nothing is looked up Confused

am I doing something wrong?

- pmontanari - 2009-05-15

pmontanari Wrote:OK I found the problem....
For the following situation, the program will stop loading the movies :

Movie1 Folder> Movie1.mkv
Movie1 Folder> Movie1.nfo
---> OK
Movie2 Folder> Other Movie Folder>Movie2.mkv
Movie2 Folder> Other Movie Folder>Movie2.nfo
----> Not OK

Here is a better explanation of the forder structure that causes troubles :

All Movies Folder

-- Movie1 Folder ----> Works Well
-----Movie1.nfo
-----Movie1.mkv
-----Movie1.tbn
-----Movie1-fanart.jpg

-- Movie2 Folder ----> Doesn't Work
-------Movie2 Folder (Sub folder)
---------Movie2.nfo
---------Movie2.mkv
---------Movie2.tbn
---------Movie2-fanart.jpg

The second situation occurs when you download a media in a folder structure (with media + sample + nfo)

Am I clear ?

- Batemann - 2009-05-15

I feel VERY stupid.

I use MIP and Media Companion both, for a long time. I was hoping to get the functionality of both in this new ember. But I can't get it to work.

Installing: no problem.
Loading a directory with movies: no problem.
But getting the tool to actually create a NFO and download thumbs, fanart and such: nothing.
I Have the menu on the right top panel in which I can set creating to Auto or full. But nothing happens.

Am I missing a "run now" button somewhere?? Or is this the same prob Pmontanari above me is having?

Hope someone can help me. ;-) And yes, you can tell me I'm stupid.

- HexusOdy - 2009-05-15

Batemann Wrote:I feel VERY stupid.

I use MIP and Media Companion both, for a long time. I was hoping to get the functionality of both in this new ember. But I can't get it to work.

Installing: no problem.
Loading a directory with movies: no problem.
But getting the tool to actually create a NFO and download thumbs, fanart and such: nothing.
I Have the menu on the right top panel in which I can set creating to Auto or full. But nothing happens.

Am I missing a "run now" button somewhere?? Or is this the same prob Pmontanari above me is having?

Hope someone can help me. ;-) And yes, you can tell me I'm stupid.

Well you choose Full Auto it should start checking through your media and you will see a progress bar at the bottom. If not it isn't working.

I had the same problem previously and deleteing it and starting again fixed it. But its also possibly something broke in the latest version, it is Alpha after all Smile

- Reginald - 2009-05-15

nul7, thank you for creating this, it is well put together and smooth interface. I can't wait to see what you do with the TV section.

I do have a question though, I am trying to have Ember skip a file type (.dat) and I can't see how to do that, I searched through the forums and I wasn't able to find anything. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks!

Edit: added file type, that may help... :-p