Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- logictester - 2009-08-16

great - can't wait for the tv section to get here!!

r1028 still have an issue with downloading trailers...

- hobartgeorge - 2009-08-16

logictester Wrote:great - can't wait for the tv section to get here!!

Hear, hear. Well done, very likeable, easy to use application. I too can't wait to use the TV functionality also - it annoys me that the three XBMC boxes i have all download metadata/fanart separately - such a time consuming waste, NFO files will fix that and provide consistency.

Now if only there was a way to centrally manage watch status... (see earlier post on side car files).

- nul7 - 2009-08-16

logictester Wrote:great - can't wait for the tv section to get here!!

Aw, crap... uploading a fixed version now. *sigh*

EDIT: Uploaded... sorry everyone. Sad

- nul7 - 2009-08-16

hobartgeorge Wrote:Hear, hear. Well done, very likeable, easy to use application. I too can't wait to use the TV functionality also - it annoys me that the three XBMC boxes i have all download metadata/fanart separately - such a time consuming waste, NFO files will fix that and provide consistency.

Now if only there was a way to centrally manage watch status... (see earlier post on side car files).

There is a thread somewhere on the boards discussing the watched status.... I think the easiest thing to do for multi-user environments would be to add the username to the watched field in the nfo like this:

Code:
<watched user="nul7">True</watched>
<watched user="hobartgeorge">False</watched>

For multiple installations, I suppose you could even add the IP into the mix as a unique identifier that is easily identified by the end user.

- MrDVD - 2009-08-16

Which scraper inside xbmc you ppl use to get the data inside the db ?
I use atm the OFDB and THETVDB one but maybe there is a nfo scraper inside ?

- Tolriq - 2009-08-16

MrDVD Wrote:Which scraper inside xbmc you ppl use to get the data inside the db ?
I use atm the OFDB and THETVDB one but maybe there is a nfo scraper inside ?

If the nfo data is complete, the scraper is not used.
All my data are managed with ember (for movie but i hope soon all :p)

- MrDVD - 2009-08-16

Well i know this but you still have to select an scraper inside xbmc ?

- nul7 - 2009-08-16

MrDVD Wrote:Well i know this but you still have to select an scraper inside xbmc ?

It doesn't matter which scraper you select... if there's an nfo file, it will read from that instead of scraping.

- Tolriq - 2009-08-16

Sniff a last bug in the Beta Smile

Still on the bulk renamer Sad

You have to launch the renamer 2 times now. The first time it renames the dir but not the files, the 2 time it renames the files.

- nul7 - 2009-08-16

Tolriq Wrote:Sniff a last bug in the Beta Smile

Still on the bulk renamer Sad

You have to launch the renamer 2 times now. The first time it renames the dir but not the files, the 2 time it renames the files.

Bah... change lines 507 and 686 to:

Code:
Dim di As DirectoryInfo = New DirectoryInfo([b]destDir[/b])

That should fix it.

EDIT: Hmm... but I think that would cause problems with folders with a bunch of movies in them. I'll have to think about this for a minute.

EDIT2: Fixed in SVN.... I'll upload yet another release. *sigh*

- riverhawk - 2009-08-16

riverhawk Wrote:This thread is huge...hope i can get some help. I am using R1022 for vistax64.

My movies are fairly organized each within their own folder. I previously used a program to generate a "mymovies.xml" which has useful information. I can't seem to get Ember to do what i want. It seems to get the title of the movie correct, but after it scrapes it never finds fanart/posters and never fills in the movie data. The generated nfo file has the correct title, but everything else is not populated. It does seem to find "extrathumbs" correctly.

I want to download fanart, trailers, posters, thumbs then rename the folder and movie as "movie.year", but I can't even rename it because it never gets the year field populated.

My setup(example):

G:Movies/
---->Memento.2000.1080p.Bluray.DTS.x264-CtrlHD
-------->Memento.2000.1080p.Bluray.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.mkv
-------->Memento.2000.1080p.Bluray.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.nfo(
-------->mymovies.xml
-------->folder.jpg

1. Does EMM use mymovies.xml if it finds it?
2. It seems to take about 10 minutes per movie to scrape...normal?
3. Anything I can change/tweak to do what i want?

Thanks.

Well, my problem is fixed. Either beta30 fixed it or Comodo firewall was still running even though i disabled it(this time i just set up permissions to allow Ember access rights to everything and keep Comodo running).

Another question though, the movie scrapes great now and fills in all the fields, but when I add the folder to my xbmc library and press "i" to see the info, only the year and runtime are populated and the "directed by", "written by", "cast" are unavailable. I am using AndyBlac's skin. Not sure which forum this belongs in. Thanks.

- Mike2023 - 2009-08-16

riverhawk Wrote:Well, my problem is fixed. Either beta30 fixed it or Comodo firewall was still running even though i disabled it(this time i just set up permissions to allow Ember access rights to everything and keep Comodo running).

Another question though, the movie scrapes great now and fills in all the fields, but when I add the folder to my xbmc library and press "i" to see the info, only the year and runtime are populated and the "directed by", "written by", "cast" are unavailable. I am using AndyBlac's skin. Not sure which forum this belongs in. Thanks.

Be sure to reload the info in xbmc after you update using emm

- Tolriq - 2009-08-16

You gona hate me Smile

But another bug in renamer :p the locked film does no more appears with the stoke

- riverhawk - 2009-08-16

Mike2023 Wrote:Be sure to reload the info in xbmc after you update using emm

Hmm, it was the first time i've added this folder to the library and the fanart/poster images show up. Is there an extra step to tell xbmc to use the EMM generated .nfo file?

- Mike2023 - 2009-08-16

riverhawk Wrote:Hmm, it was the first time i've added this folder to the library and the fanart/poster images show up. Is there an extra step to tell xbmc to use the EMM generated .nfo file?

No extra step. Should load the nfo first.