Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- olympia - 2009-08-17

rossoneri711 Wrote:Thanks. But if dont want to rename all my files now and add the word dvd rip to it, is there another way?

No, because XBMC also use the file/folder name to identify the source. So the only way to have it displayed in XBMC correctly is to rename all the files/folders.

- rossoneri711 - 2009-08-17

ok thx for the help!

- kri kri - 2009-08-17

How can I have XBMC always use the files I download with ember instead of ones it downloads itself? In the scrapper I disabled fanart yet I still get different fanart.

- olympia - 2009-08-17

kri kri Wrote:How can I have XBMC always use the files I download with ember instead of ones it downloads itself? In the scrapper I disabled fanart yet I still get different fanart.

If you have the file generated by Ember aside your media files, XBMC always check and read in those first before going out to the web for scraping.

Try the "refresh button" in XBMC in the movie info.

- Unbehagen - 2009-08-18

Nice work. 1008 used to work fine for me. Now I upgraded to 1030 and it ignores my old nfo files or renames them to info. Only very few of my moves get a checked checkbox for NFO. If I re-scrape them, EMM doesn't store the obtained information in NFO files, even if there was no previous NFO. I'm using EMM on a Samba share mounted to a drive letter. Each movie is in a separate folder. I tried using <movie.nfo> and movie.nfo naming schemes. Does anyone have a copy of r1008 as the download link in this thread is not working any more.
What a pity. This is the only useable XBMC movie manager... I hope this bug will be fixed soon. If you need additional information, let me know. Thanks for this great program!

Update: Trailers, Fanart, Extrathumbs, etc. work fine. Only NFO files are missing. There is no related information in the Log files.

- nul7 - 2009-08-18

Unbehagen Wrote:Nice work. 1008 used to work fine for me. Now I upgraded to 1030 and it ignores my old nfo files or renames them to info. Only very few of my moves get a checked checkbox for NFO. If I re-scrape them, EMM doesn't store the obtained information in NFO files, even if there was no previous NFO. I'm using EMM on a Samba share mounted to a drive letter. Each movie is in a separate folder. I tried using <movie.nfo> and movie.nfo naming schemes. Does anyone have a copy of r1008 as the download link in this thread is not working any more.
What a pity. This is the only useable XBMC movie manager... I hope this bug will be fixed soon. If you need additional information, let me know. Thanks for this great program!

Update: Trailers, Fanart, Extrathumbs, etc. work fine. Only NFO files are missing. There is no related information in the Log files.

Absolutely nothing was changed between 1008 and 1030 as far as nfo detection/reading goes. Pastebin and post a sample nfo that is not read. If you re-scrape the movie, is a new nfo created?

- Unbehagen - 2009-08-18

nul7 Wrote:Absolutely nothing was changed between 1008 and 1030 as far as nfo detection/reading goes. Pastebin and post a sample nfo that is not read. If you re-scrape the movie, is a new nfo created?
I just extracted the program to a new folder and now it works as expected. With the old folder: Re-Scraping didn't create the NFO. And regarding the not read NFOs: It didn't like all of the NFOs that XBMC created (latest SVN Build on OS X). I don't have a sample right now, because I re-scraped all the movies with the program in the new folder. Maybe it is something cache related (I used permanent cache) or something with the settings? I can post these..

- rernst - 2009-08-18

Unbehagen Wrote:Nice work. 1008 used to work fine for me. Now I upgraded to 1030 and it ignores my old nfo files or renames them to info. Only very few of my moves get a checked checkbox for NFO. If I re-scrape them, EMM doesn't store the obtained information in NFO files, even if there was no previous NFO. I'm using EMM on a Samba share mounted to a drive letter. Each movie is in a separate folder. I tried using <movie.nfo> and movie.nfo naming schemes. Does anyone have a copy of r1008 as the download link in this thread is not working any more.

Have you tried Media Reader? Does everything and more ;-). (Shameless promotion)

- Unbehagen - 2009-08-18

rernst Wrote:Have you tried Media Reader? Does everything and more ;-). (Shameless promotion)

I tried them all... but EMM suits my needs best. If I remember correctly, MR was the one where I didn't like the not-very-self-explaining menu items plus it tried to scrape all my trailers. I would love to have a cross-platform solution, but MR is too far away from how I organize my movies (local trailers, etc.). I could be wrong though.

- Unbehagen - 2009-08-18

Another thing: I have all my 2CD-Movies named like this:
Moviename.CD1.avi and
Moviename.CD2.avi.
EMM creates trailer and fanart like this: Moviename.CD1-trailer.flv . Sholdn't it be Moviename-trailer.flv ?

- rernst - 2009-08-18

Unbehagen Wrote:I tried them all... but EMM suits my needs best. If I remember correctly, MR was the one where I didn't like the not-very-self-explaining menu items plus it tried to scrape all my trailers. I would love to have a cross-platform solution, but MR is too far away from how I organize my movies (local trailers, etc.). I could be wrong though.

MR won't scrape trailers unless you explicitly add flv to the list of extensions it looks for (by default it does not). It also comes with a (fairly extensive) user guide walking you through all the essential steps, with screen shots.

- olympia - 2009-08-18

rernst Wrote:MR won't scrape trailers unless you explicitly add flv to the list of extensions it looks for (by default it does not). It also comes with a (fairly extensive) user guide walking you through all the essential steps, with screen shots.

Could you please stop Thread jacking at this point here? You don't have to respond, appologize or explain. Just stop, please! Thanks!

- olympia - 2009-08-18

Unbehagen Wrote:Another thing: I have all my 2CD-Movies named like this:
Moviename.CD1.avi and
Moviename.CD2.avi.
EMM creates trailer and fanart like this: Moviename.CD1-trailer.flv . Sholdn't it be Moviename-trailer.flv ?

No, if you are stacking the movies in XBMC too, it will recognize the saved files for .CD1.ext.

- SHen350 - 2009-08-18

Okay, I have been trying to scan through the posts and see if this has been explained, but I didn't see it. I was wondering about the XBMC option. What exactly does it do? Can I add all my XBMC extenders, or does it even need to be done?

If someone can point me to either a post or possibly a wiki on this I would be greatful.

- SuperW2 - 2009-08-19

Is the rename function not functional at this time?

Didn't get a response - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=388089&postcount=2258