Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- treblade - 2009-09-01

Hello ich have rename all my ordners too the imdb code: example "Face Off tt0119094" in the first versions of ember he can scrape with this info but any time doesnt work.
Sorry my english is very bad
THX for help

- JustinAiken - 2009-09-01

When XBMC adds the game library and supports game scrapers... will Ember ever add that too? Smile

- BigBlack - 2009-09-03

Hey guys, do you know why EMM download for me only 10thumb and no more? It's a limit that XBMC can exceed? Or why? Thank you. Bye bye

- mandark - 2009-09-04

a quick question i couldn't find an answer until now:

EMM generates various files and the same files with multiple names:
e.g.:
the poster as:
- movie.tbn
- movie.jpg
- poster.tbn
- folder.jpg
- <movie>.tbn
- <movie>.jpg
- poster.jpg

fanart as:
- fanart.jpg
- <movie>-fanart.jpg
- <movie>.fanart.jpg

NFO as:
- <movie>.nfo
- movie.nfo

why are there so many filenames for the same files? are different naming schemes needed for different media centers or XBMC-skins? if yes, what would be needed for the current versions of the Aeon- or Transparency-skins for XBMC?

naturally i would like to have just one file of the same type and i want to be sure to create the right ones for XBMC.

- MrDVD - 2009-09-04

Hallo, i use:

folder.jpg
<movie>.tbn
<movie>-fanart.jpg

- Hidd3nFury - 2009-09-05

This is the first media manager I've been able to get my head around so thanks for this.

One quick question. Does the "sort title" field in the movie info affect the sorting in xbmc or just in EMM itself?

Thanks.

NFO Stacking - Pr.Sinister - 2009-09-05

Hi,

Great program. I was using MC for the longest time, tried MIP but that lasted
all of 5 minutes and now i use yours regularly.

I tried to use it with stuff that was already done, just needed updating but i am
having 1 issue.

Say i have a movie like this :

3-10 to Yuma (2007) CD1.avi
3-10 to Yuma (2007) CD2.avi

I have 3-10 to Yuma (2007).nfo which XBMC picks up just fine but when i do
any kind of update with EMM, i creates a 3-10 to Yuma (2007) CD1.nfo and i
now have 2 .NFOs in my directory.

Is there a way to force EMM to use the stacked name for the .nfo instead of
the 1st filename? With MC, i had to go and manually overwrite the files but
i was hoping EMM wouldn't have this problem.

Thanks!

- JustinAiken - 2009-09-05

Would it be possible to get a "rescan meta data" option? Right click on a movie, rescan meta data, and besides all the flags it would get the runtime again?

- empty - 2009-09-05

An option to merge all splitted avi/mpg/mp4 files to one whole file would be great! It is so disgusted when the movie interrupts for a few seconds.
Or someone knows a tool to do this with a very big library Wink

- Pr.Sinister - 2009-09-06

empty Wrote:An option to merge all splitted avi/mpg/mp4 files to one whole file would be great! It is so disgusted when the movie interrupts for a few seconds.
Or someone knows a tool to do this with a very big library Wink

That would be amazing! I have started doing it with VirtualDub in order to get
around the nfo problem i describe 2 posts above (yes i am VERY anal).

It is taking FOREVER... and then we have to consider the ones with split subtitles.

Need to use VobSub Joiner for the sub/idx ones and Subtitle Workshop for the
srt ones...

-Pr.

- patkhoo - 2009-09-06

Pr.Sinister Wrote:Hi,

Great program. I was using MC for the longest time, tried MIP but that lasted
all of 5 minutes and now i use yours regularly.

I tried to use it with stuff that was already done, just needed updating but i am
having 1 issue.

Say i have a movie like this :

3-10 to Yuma (2007) CD1.avi
3-10 to Yuma (2007) CD2.avi

I have 3-10 to Yuma (2007).nfo which XBMC picks up just fine but when i do
any kind of update with EMM, i creates a 3-10 to Yuma (2007) CD1.nfo and i
now have 2 .NFOs in my directory.

Is there a way to force EMM to use the stacked name for the .nfo instead of
the 1st filename? With MC, i had to go and manually overwrite the files but
i was hoping EMM wouldn't have this problem.

Thanks!

Well one important point I think is that you need to have a . (dot) before the CD1..

Instead of "3-10 to Yuma CD1.avi", try "3-10 to Yuma.cd1.avi"

Alternatively, you should try using the one folder per movie method..

- patkhoo - 2009-09-06

clock2113 Wrote:Would it be possible to get a "rescan meta data" option? Right click on a movie, rescan meta data, and besides all the flags it would get the runtime again?

I think you can already do this, just mark the movie(s) you want, the run the meta-date only update.

alternatively, juts look at the info details on the bottom of the screen for the movie in question, (the "^" arrow), look for the meta-data section, and click on "refresh".

- patkhoo - 2009-09-06

Pr.Sinister Wrote:That would be amazing! I have started doing it with VirtualDub in order to get
around the nfo problem i describe 2 posts above (yes i am VERY anal).

It is taking FOREVER... and then we have to consider the ones with split subtitles.

Need to use VobSub Joiner for the sub/idx ones and Subtitle Workshop for the
srt ones...

-Pr.

Merging two avi/mkv/etc together are beyond the scope of EMM I think.

that said, I think the problem is more joining subs rather than joining the videos.

I think it is easier to petition external media player to allow us to use a folder as a path to an external player that is capable of playing multi-part movies seemlessly (like MPC-HC). See http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=395176&postcount=774

- Livin - 2009-09-06

I must be missing something... any way to just update media icons?

- JustinAiken - 2009-09-06

patkhoo Wrote:I think you can already do this, just mark the movie(s) you want, the run the meta-date only update.

alternatively, juts look at the info details on the bottom of the screen for the movie in question, (the "^" arrow), look for the meta-data section, and click on "refresh".

What, who snuck in and put that on my machine?? I swear I've had the latest version for weeks and that's never been there before... Rofl

Carry on, stupid user here...