Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- BORIStheBLADE - 2009-10-06

Nice program.

I have a movie that isn't available on IMdb, but it is in the Tmdb. When I scrap it with EMM it doesn't find anything with the correct name.

How can I get it to find this movie?

The movie is Family Guy-Blue Harvest 2007

thanks

- Peligrozo - 2009-10-06

BORIStheBLADE Wrote:Nice program.

I have a movie that isn't available on IMdb, but it is in the Tmdb. When I scrap it with EMM it doesn't find anything with the correct name.

How can I get it to find this movie?

The movie is Family Guy-Blue Harvest 2007

thanks
Isn't that simply an episode?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0888817/

- jbalicki10 - 2009-10-06

When will Ember do Music?

- AnalogKid - 2009-10-06

jbalicki10 Wrote:When will Ember do Music?

Not currently but one day maybe...
However, I am not sure if it's being update any longer.... there's a group of developer's working on a new app... a VERY comprehensive suite (many of the guys wrote the original sets of tools that have since become a little messy).

According to reports, it's coming along very nicely, so if it ever gets released we should be happy folks!

Do you realise that for the large part, XBMC itself is all you need to scrape artwork and information etc right?

- jbalicki10 - 2009-10-06

AnalogKid Wrote:Not currently but one day maybe...

Do you realise that for the large part, XBMC itself is all you need to scrape artwork and information etc right?

Nope, I cant get the library to work correctly. I will try again!

- BORIStheBLADE - 2009-10-06

Peligrozo Wrote:Isn't that simply an episode?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0888817/

Your right.. I looked at its as a movie since I bought the DVD.

Thanks for clearing that up.

- kiboy6 - 2009-10-07

Sorry....just bumping my own Qs...if anyone has time to respond I'd really appreciate it....

I really want to get stuck in to adding all my movies to XBMC, but I'm debating whether to use a Media manger first for better results Smile

kiboy6 Wrote:Just came across EMM and absolutely loving it so far Smile Have been trying to use Media Info Plus but just can't get it to work smoothly on Vista x64. In any case EMM's GUI seems infinitely preferable.

Just had a couple of questions:

1.) Does EMM scrape from all the same movie sources as the other XBMC Media managers? Ie. will I get the same results for fanart from EMM as I would from Media Info Plus?

MIP would regularly find fanarts that XBMC would not find. Is this the same with EMM?

2.) Maybe I'm being silly, but I can't seem to find any way to pre-scrape various fanarts for any movies. It seems to just DL one for each movie (even very popular ones). I know I can then select "edit movie" and scrape for some more, but I was used to being able to pre-cache all choices in MIP...any option for this in EMM?

Thanks so much !

- patkhoo - 2009-10-07

kiboy6 Wrote:1.) Does EMM scrape from all the same movie sources as the other XBMC Media managers? Ie. will I get the same results for fanart from EMM as I would from Media Info Plus?

MIP would regularly find fanarts that XBMC would not find. Is this the same with EMM?

Been a long time since I tried MIP, but whether or not the results are the same depends on which scrapers/sources you add. EMM by default only has TMDB I think, so if you want more, you have to turn them on in EMM settings.

kiboy6 Wrote:2.) Maybe I'm being silly, but I can't seem to find any way to pre-scrape various fanarts for any movies. It seems to just DL one for each movie (even very popular ones). I know I can then select "edit movie" and scrape for some more, but I was used to being able to pre-cache all choices in MIP...any option for this in EMM?

I think EMM already does this (in a way)? Just make sure you turn on the cache in settings. If you like, you can even turn on persistent cache (which keeps the cache across EMM exit/restart). If you do this, you can "batch job" all movies all items and return and review/check each one without having to "re-scrape" if you want to select a different poster/fanart.

- kiboy6 - 2009-10-07

Cool....thanks so much for the response patkhoo Smile

So is there any way to compare which scrapers are used by MIP and Ember?

Also, is it the case that either is likely to provide more fanart results that XBMC's built in scrapers? I thought this was the case from pior experimentation, but perhaps I'm wrong....

On a related (if slightly OT!) note, are XBMC's scrapers always the same regardless of SVN build or skin? If not, is there a particular build that is recommended for max fanart scraping?

Thanks so much for the advice Big Grin

- Metasse - 2009-10-07

Sorry for posting this here but I cannot find a way to start a new thread.
I hope you can solve my problem with EMM:

My movies are organised in individual folders with a <movie>.jpg along the <movie>.avi or mkv file.
When I load the source in EMM it recognise the jpg as a poster so that's great.
The problem is that once I load the source in XBMC the jpg is not recognised as a poster!
If I look at the .nfo file generated by EMM the thumb is not the right one (<movie>.jpg)
Would you know why, or what setting(s) I should be using in EMM so that the right Thumb info is generated in the nfo file?

Thank you in advance.

M.

- patkhoo - 2009-10-08

kiboy6 Wrote:Cool....thanks so much for the response patkhoo Smile

So is there any way to compare which scrapers are used by MIP and Ember?

Download both and check out their settings Smile

kiboy6 Wrote:Also, is it the case that either is likely to provide more fanart results that XBMC's built in scrapers? I thought this was the case from pior experimentation, but perhaps I'm wrong....

XBMC typically scrapes only ONE source depending on what source you choose. So that's why usually you only get X choices back. MIP/EMM (can) scrape multiple sources at the same time - thus giving you many choices. However, I think XBMC has more scraper sources than MIP/EMM - especially foreign language ones..

kiboy6 Wrote:On a related (if slightly OT!) note, are XBMC's scrapers always the same regardless of SVN build or skin? If not, is there a particular build that is recommended for max fanart scraping?

No idea, I always try to stay on top of SVNs because I follow the DX builds.. Besides, with EMM, I don't really use XBMC's scapers Big Grin

kiboy6 Wrote:Thanks so much for the advice Big Grin

No prob.. Smile

- patkhoo - 2009-10-08

Metasse Wrote:Sorry for posting this here but I cannot find a way to start a new thread.
I hope you can solve my problem with EMM:

My movies are organised in individual folders with a <movie>.jpg along the <movie>.avi or mkv file.
When I load the source in EMM it recognise the jpg as a poster so that's great.
The problem is that once I load the source in XBMC the jpg is not recognised as a poster!
If I look at the .nfo file generated by EMM the thumb is not the right one (<movie>.jpg)
Would you know why, or what setting(s) I should be using in EMM so that the right Thumb info is generated in the nfo file?

Thank you in advance.

M.

Hmm, I'm getting a little confused here. Thumb meaning Extrathumbs? They would be in a folder called "extrathumbs". Thumb meaning Cast thumbnail? Then yes, of course it would be different from the movie poster/fanart.

As to why the <movie>.jpg movie poster/fanart does not show up, two things:

1. If this is an existing movie, you need to reload the movie in XBMC (select movie > info > reload), other XBMC keeps the information/poster/etc/etc cached and you will see the cached info/stuff instead of what EMM just changed..

2. Just to be sure, I would suggest upgrading to a recent SVN release of XBMC and skin, like Aeon Showmix...

- Metasse - 2009-10-08

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry about the confusion, I thought "thumb" in the nfo file was for the poster as well as other images.
Anyway all I'm talking about here is posters.

I have actually done your suggestion number one (actually I can't recall the number of times I have pressed "refreshed" or "scan for content"), and it does not fix the problem. The poster is empty, while the folder contains the right <movie>.jpg and EMM has the poster field populated.

I have installed aeon skin like you suggested. My system info gives me that I have the version 9.04.1 R20672. And I must have wrongly installed the Aeon skin (or is it because they state it does not work properly with 9.04.1?) because I can't use it, it's like writings are not appearing properly.

But the problem of the poster remains with the 3 other skins, it does not appear, even after a reload of the movie information.

It's driving me nuts...

- patkhoo - 2009-10-08

Metasse Wrote:I have actually done your suggestion number one (actually I can't recall the number of times I have pressed "refreshed" or "scan for content"), and it does not fix the problem. The poster is empty, while the folder contains the right <movie>.jpg and EMM has the poster field populated.

You mean "Reload" Right? Hmm, OK, another possible approach is to remove the data source, clean up the library, then re-add the data source and then scan for new content..

Metasse Wrote:I have installed aeon skin like you suggested. My system info gives me that I have the version 9.04.1 R20672. And I must have wrongly installed the Aeon skin (or is it because they state it does not work properly with 9.04.1?) because I can't use it, it's like writings are not appearing properly.

Hmm, Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched/Phil65 needs a recent SVN. 9.04 Babylon will simply not be enough. Try a recent SVN build from http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35452..

- Metasse - 2009-10-08

No I didn't mean "reload", I cannot find any "reload" button, only "scan" (for a folder) or "refresh" (on a movie information page). I guess it's because of the skin I am on (PM3 HD).

patkhoo Wrote:clean up the library, then re-add the data source and then scan for new content..

How do you completely remove the data, can I delete everything in the userdata folder? (I don't care about loosing anything in XBMC right now).
The reason why I am asking is because even if I remove the source and say yes to the "do you want to remove all items within this path from the library?", when I re-add the source (with all nfo and jpg files removed from the folders) XBMC still remember some data, like the posters I would have added manually.

I have used the autoupdate you pointed me to (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48517), thanks for that. For some reason XBMC seems smoother/faster after the update.

I hope that once you tell me how to really clear the data so that xbmc does not remember anything, it will work.

EDIT: I have cleared the userdata folders in my documents for XBMC, and re-tested, the posters are still not captured in xbmc!

Thanks for your help again.