Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- PrimaryMaster - 2009-05-16

nice nice =)

one problem...
when i click "<Movie>.fanart.jpg" it dont show the fanart ..
But if a Scrape one out and save it... its saved in the movie folder, but still no picture in EMM...

Edit: ... and all movies there are using the <Movie>.jpg posters are shown in the program, but the "poster" Check box is not checked!

EDIT: When i "re-scaping" the program crash when it doing the "Scanning Media Info"
I have been waiting 10min, but nothing.
I have to kill the program in "task manager"

A quick solution for now is to have a option "Scan Media" yes o no.

- nul7 - 2009-05-16

r34 is in the first post, but there are a couple minor bugs that were reported and I've already fixed for the next version while waiting on my sloooooow uploads. lol

- nul7 - 2009-05-16

PrimaryMaster Wrote:nice nice =)

one problem...
when i click "<Movie>.fanart.jpg" it dont show the fanart ..
But if a Scrape one out and save it... its saved in the movie folder, but still no picture in EMM...

Edit: ... and all movies there are using the <Movie>.jpg posters are shown in the program, but the "poster" Check box is not checked!

EDIT: When i "re-scaping" the program crash when it doing the "Scanning Media Info"
I have been waiting 10min, but nothing.
I have to kill the program in "task manager"

A quick solution for now is to have a option "Scan Media" yes o no.

Fixed 1 and 2 for the next version already. For #3, is it one particular movie or all movies? It's working fine for me so we need to figure out what combination of files/settings/names/etc that are causing that.

- nul7 - 2009-05-16

r39 is in the first post. Last one tonight, I promise. lol I've split the download into 2 packages. If you've already used EMM before, you just need the EXE Only package. If you're new to EMM, you'll need both the EXE Only and the Extras package. The Extras package contains the studio and media flags, and the extra binaries that are required to use EMM, but will rarely get updated.

- Roborob - 2009-05-16

OK, I'm testing for a while now, and everything looks very cool, the only thing i,m missing to use this as a standard program to get my info is: the media info of the file like, audio, video. I use Aeon so i like the audio and video icons. I see with vob files I get the icons and the info, but not with ISO files. And my library is all ISO, so it would be great if it reads ISO too. Looking foreward to TV Shows Big Grin

- olympia - 2009-05-16

nul7

I just wanted to say thanks for your efforts up until now!
Excellent work!

- AnalogKid - 2009-05-16

As always, wonderful progress... definitely starting to mature...

ok, some feature suggestions:

1) Add another column for subtitles (one or more subtitle files = TICK)
2) Add a 'generic' column where the user can specific the filespec (so if they have some weird setup they can add their own weird filespec!)
3) In the Movie thumb/frame grabbing section....consider automatically grabbing the frame in the preview window IF the user has paused the position slider for longer than 2 seconds (this will show where in the movie they are).. but don't auto save.
4) Also consider displaying a little index of how many framegrabs they already have and a little 'Clear all saved frames'.
5) Consider TheMovieDB as a source for scraping (it's arguably better than IMDB, simply because it's easy to add new movies to TMDB and a pain for IMDB)

Finally... and this is purely philosophical...
The movie stuff is working sufficiently well already (imo), but there's a danger you'll never reach perfection. With this is mind, how about starting the TV and Music tabs?

There's a couple of reasons to do this...

a) Gives you a break and some new enthusiasm!
b) Lets you discover any shared code you can use between the three modules (before you perfect the movie section then discover issues caused by TV and Music

and finally FINALLY...

This 'Program' and 'Extras' thing... really think it's a bad idea. I can see the logic, but the app isn't that large in the first place and it's just neater as a single package IMO.
Keep it simple!

As always, excellent work.

- steve1977 - 2009-05-16

nul7 Wrote:When you get a chance you could you send me your settings file so I can emulate your setup? I cannot reproduce that at all so I'm thinking it may be with some combination of settings.

Is stacking not working for anyone else?

Thanks. Back to my computer now. Stacked files still not working with the latest release. Where can I send my settings to? Looked into it. Was surprised about the following. 2-part movies show up twice in the settings.xml. Looks like:

<MovieList>
<anyType xsi:type="xsdConfusedtring">Movie1_dvdrip</anyType>
<anyType xsi:type="xsdConfusedtring">Movie2_dvdrip</anyType>
<anyType xsi:type="xsdConfusedtring">Movie3_dvdrip</anyType>
<anyType xsi:type="xsdConfusedtring">Movie4_dvdrip</anyType>

Movies 1, 2 and 4 are single-part movies. Movie 3 has two parts (file ends with "...dvdrip_CD1" and "...dvdrip_CD2". Settings.xml doesnt show the file ending, but lists this multi-part one twice.

Any thoughts? Thanks a ton!!!

- dotcom - 2009-05-16

Hi!
First thanx for a great program, works great but im having some problems with mediaflags seems that the res. 1280x528, 1280x536, 1280x544 dont work it just shows the / p ,included a picture with this. It works in version 0.023 but not in the versions after that.

http://img188.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mediainfo.jpg

- indy5 - 2009-05-16

Is the clean process working yet? I have checked off <movie>.nfo in the options, but it does not appear to remove those files. It's also not generating a log file.

- nul7 - 2009-05-16

Roborob Wrote:OK, I'm testing for a while now, and everything looks very cool, the only thing i,m missing to use this as a standard program to get my info is: the media info of the file like, audio, video. I use Aeon so i like the audio and video icons. I see with vob files I get the icons and the info, but not with ISO files. And my library is all ISO, so it would be great if it reads ISO too. Looking foreward to TV Shows Big Grin

Unfortunately, MediaInfo.dll does not support ISO and that's what I use to generate the info. It sucks, but the only thing I can suggest is to manually edit the Studio tag for each movie using the Edit Movie dialog.

olympia Wrote:nul7

I just wanted to say thanks for your efforts up until now!
Excellent work!

Thank you very much.... and thanks to you for all the feedback. I'd just be sitting here with my thumb up my ass if it wasn't for people like you helping to push things along. lol

AnalogKid Wrote:As always, wonderful progress... definitely starting to mature...

ok, some feature suggestions:

1) Add another column for subtitles (one or more subtitle files = TICK)
2) Add a 'generic' column where the user can specific the filespec (so if they have some weird setup they can add their own weird filespec!)
3) In the Movie thumb/frame grabbing section....consider automatically grabbing the frame in the preview window IF the user has paused the position slider for longer than 2 seconds (this will show where in the movie they are).. but don't auto save.
4) Also consider displaying a little index of how many framegrabs they already have and a little 'Clear all saved frames'.
5) Consider TheMovieDB as a source for scraping (it's arguably better than IMDB, simply because it's easy to add new movies to TMDB and a pain for IMDB)

1 and 2 would essentially be the same thing, I suppose. 4 is already on the to do list (here) 5 will be solved soon due to Nicezia's ScraperXML Library. Once he's finished, I'll get started on integrating it into EMM. This will allow you to use any scraper XBMC supports. For 3, please add a new feature request on the google code page.

AnalogKid Wrote:Finally... and this is purely philosophical...
The movie stuff is working sufficiently well already (imo), but there's a danger you'll never reach perfection. With this is mind, how about starting the TV and Music tabs?

There's a couple of reasons to do this...

a) Gives you a break and some new enthusiasm!
b) Lets you discover any shared code you can use between the three modules (before you perfect the movie section then discover issues caused by TV and Music

Thank you for the suggestion, but I have a little more work to do on the Movies section before I'm satisfied enough to move on to TV. I'll probably start that in about a week or two, though, so it's not like it's toooooo far away. Wink Besides, my knowledge of how XBMC handles TV (and especially music) is limited because I really only use it for movies myself. I think I only have 2 TV shows and no music. lol I'll need to do a little research on acceptable folder structures, nfo design, etc.

AnalogKid Wrote:and finally FINALLY...

This 'Program' and 'Extras' thing... really think it's a bad idea. I can see the logic, but the app isn't that large in the first place and it's just neater as a single package IMO.
Keep it simple!

As always, excellent work.

If you lived in a rural Texas town and only had a 286 kbps upload like I do, you would understand. lol It took forever to make each release. That's the only reason I did that.

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks. Back to my computer now. Stacked files still not working with the latest release. Where can I send my settings to? Looked into it. Was surprised about the following. 2-part movies show up twice in the settings.xml. Looks like:

<MovieList>
<anyType xsi:type="xsdConfusedtring">Movie1_dvdrip</anyType>
<anyType xsi:type="xsdConfusedtring">Movie2_dvdrip</anyType>
<anyType xsi:type="xsdConfusedtring">Movie4_dvdrip</anyType>

Movies 1, 2 and 4 are single-part movies. Movie 3 has two parts (file ends with "...dvdrip_CD1" and "...dvdrip_CD2". Settings.xml doesnt show the file ending, but lists this multi-part one twice.

Any thoughts? Thanks a ton!!!

Just for future reference, my email is jason.schnitzler [at] gmail.com.... but if you could just post the EXACT file name of each file of a movie that's not getting stacked (PM it to me if you wish) that would help. It's working perfectly for me, but then again, I coded it so I have this pre-conceived notion about how it should work and there may be something I'm overlooking.

dotcom Wrote:Hi!
First thanx for a great program, works great but im having some problems with mediaflags seems that the res. 1280x528, 1280x536, 1280x544 dont work it just shows the / p ,included a picture with this. It works in version 0.023 but not in the versions after that.

http://img188.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mediainfo.jpg

Yep... thanks for pointing that out. There's a hole in my logic for converting the resolution of a movie to a basic descriptor. This is a good opportunity to discuss this, I suppose. Here is my current logic with the hole patched and a couple other minor changes:

Code:
If sinWidth >= 1600 AndAlso sinHeight >= 800 Then Return "1080"
            If sinWidth >= 1350 AndAlso sinHeight >= 750 Then Return "768"
            If sinWidth >= 960 AndAlso sinHeight >= 577 Then Return "720"
            If sinWidth >= 720 AndAlso sinHeight >= 521 Then Return "576"
            If sinWidth <= 720 AndAlso sinHeight >= 520 Then Return "540"
            If sinWidth < 640 Then Return "SD"
            If sinWidth <= 720 AndAlso sinHeight <= 520 Then Return "480"

Anyone have any suggestions for modifications/improvements??

indy5 Wrote:Is the clean process working yet? I have checked off <movie>.nfo in the options, but it does not appear to remove those files. It's also not generating a log file.

Just looked at the code... I think I found the problem. Is the nfo in question from a multi-part movie by chance?

EDIT: Didn't even have to be stacked. I fixed the problem for next version

Again, thank you all for your feedback!

- ClayM - 2009-05-16

Here's a mockup of how handling Sets (Issue #7) could work.

+ / - handles order, < / > handles adding and removing, and removing all movies from a set would delete a set.

p.s. I hate VB, I demand semicolons!

- sumofatguy - 2009-05-17

It would be nice to have an 'update XBMC' button, using xbmc web interface API to update the library after making necessary changes possibly. I'll throw it onto the google code page, not sure if this is something you're interested in doing though

- nul7 - 2009-05-17

ClayM Wrote:Here's a mockup of how handling Sets (Issue #7) could work.

+ / - handles order, < / > handles adding and removing, and removing all movies from a set would delete a set.

...img snip...

p.s. I hate VB, I demand semicolons!

Looks good! Is this purely a mockup or are you actually coding this?

- nul7 - 2009-05-17

sumofatguy Wrote:It would be nice to have an 'update XBMC' button, using xbmc web interface API to update the library after making necessary changes possibly. I'll throw it onto the google code page, not sure if this is something you're interested in doing though

Sounds like a good idea to me. I just need to figure out how XBMC receives it commands via HTTP. lol