Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- efty.edge - 2009-11-20

@ RogueDazza

Nice to hear. I'm at work now, so i will test the new release later this day. Rofl

But thank you for the quick response. The SETs thing was long awaited.

Efty

- sphere - 2009-11-20

Hi all,

i just want to announce that I'm working on a German Translation File for EMM. I think it will be finished in a few days - only telling you to prevent double work Wink

One Questions, should this File named "German_(de_DE).xml" oder "Deutsch_(de_DE).xml"?

Regards,
sphere

- azido - 2009-11-20

sphere Wrote:Hi all,

i just want to announce that I'm working on a German Translation File for EMM. I think it will be finished in a few days - only telling you to prevent double work Wink

One Questions, should this File named "German_(de_DE).xml" oder "Deutsch_(de_DE).xml"?

Regards,
sphere

most likely it should be German.. Wink

- azido - 2009-11-20

as there now again ppl work on emm (thanks for that from my side), i'd like to throw my feature request i've done on the ember site some time ago in here:

please add the ability to type in the desired language for audio and subtitles in the meta data editor, or make the drop down respond to follow up keys (like for example if i type in G it goes to first lang with G, if e is followed in a certain time it jumps to Ge and so on, you get the point - like an autocompletion feature)

like it is now, it is hell of a scrolling job to self-define any languages in that editor, as every possible language on planet earth (and even mars? dunno) is part of that scrollable list.

thank you Rolleyes

- Evanrich - 2009-11-20

azido Wrote:as there now again ppl work on emm (thanks for that from my side), i'd like to throw my feature request i've done on the ember site some time ago in here:

please add the ability to type in the desired language for audio and subtitles in the meta data editor, or make the drop down respond to follow up keys (like for example if i type in G it goes to first lang with G, if e is followed in a certain time it jumps to Ge and so on, you get the point - like an autocompletion feature)

like it is now, it is hell of a scrolling job to self-define any languages in that editor, as every possible language on planet earth (and even mars? dunno) is part of that scrollable list.

thank you Rolleyes

You know you can edit the languages.xml file, to remove all the others, so you just have the ones you want, right? Thats what I did...removed everything except english Smile

- azido - 2009-11-20

Evanrich Wrote:You know you can edit the languages.xml file, to remove all the others, so you just have the ones you want, right? Thats what I did...removed everything except english Smile

obviously i did that, but it didn't change the behaviour or length of the available languages in that dropdown list in the meta editor?

- efty.edge - 2009-11-20

RogueDazza Wrote:olympia, I have some changes for you to have a look at:

Fixed: Incorrect label text showing in header (Canceling Load...) on Sets Manager - Should show "Add and configure movie boxed sets."

Added: 'XBMC Compatible' checkbox to General settings (Misc) (Default = true)
Added: If 'XBMC Compatible' mode, then <sets></sets> node not included in save to nfo. Note: the 'XBMC Compatible' text has not been added to the Langs.xml file yet

--------
Also have another addition (not in this code) for enabling using of Ember behind proxy/firewall - but I need to test it further.

The file changes are all in here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rjxmymfw0yh

Let me know if you are happy/unhappy with these.
Hi, i downloaded the patch to test the SETs fix, but how should i install it!

Efty

- NasaGeek - 2009-11-23

The files in the .zip archive are part of Ember Media Manager's source. You'll need to download the source from http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanager/source/checkout and replace some of the files with the ones located in the .zip archive and then recompile if you want to test the changes.

This is a bit of a moot point, though, as it seems that these changes have already been committed in r1058.

- dleach - 2009-11-23

I'm a bit confused about how EMM works with XBMC (note, I'm a new with both of these). I've used EMM to scan through my directory tree and gather the appropriate information but it seems like if I clean up the library in XBMC and reload things that XBMC will end up with the wrong movie poster and fan art for some of my movies when compared to what EMM is showing.

Where are these coming from? Is there something special I need to do to make the associations?

- cault - 2009-11-23

Thank you very much for the update.
What are you people using for downloading trailers?

EMM would be great but it has not been working for a time now. Instead of trying downloading trailers, couldn't it put the dtrailer link that xbmc is using?

- uncertainty - 2009-11-24

NasaGeek Wrote:This is a bit of a moot point, though, as it seems that these changes have already been committed in r1058.

Great, looking forward to r1058 release...

- JDizzy - 2009-11-24

cault Wrote:Instead of trying downloading trailers, couldn't it put the dtrailer link that xbmc is using?

Sure would be nice to get this fixed so that we could view trailers in XBMC.

- NasaGeek - 2009-11-24

dleach Wrote:I'm a bit confused about how EMM works with XBMC (note, I'm a new with both of these). I've used EMM to scan through my directory tree and gather the appropriate information but it seems like if I clean up the library in XBMC and reload things that XBMC will end up with the wrong movie poster and fan art for some of my movies when compared to what EMM is showing.

Where are these coming from? Is there something special I need to do to make the associations?

EMM's basic function is to place various files (fanart picture, movie poster, and info file are 3 of the most important) in your movie's directory in order to give you fine-grained control over what pictures and information XBMC displays. The thing is, because you have already run XBMC and have had it do its own scraping, it has built its own internal database of fanarts and movie posters and whatnot. If it has this database, it will ignore EMM's pictures as far as I know. You can trigger a reset of a certain movie's pictures by bringing up the context menu for a movie (C on your keyboard) and selecting reload. At the moment I do not know how to trigger a complete reset of XBMC's database, though I suspect it as easy as deleting a file in its directory.

Also, most of the stuff I just said is based purely on my own observations and conclusions, if any of the above information is incorrect please feel free to correct me Smile

EDIT: Just gave your post a more thorough read and realized you did exactly what I suggested. If reloading the movies doesn't work then I am at a loss.

- azido - 2009-11-24

dleach Wrote:I'm a bit confused about how EMM works with XBMC (note, I'm a new with both of these). I've used EMM to scan through my directory tree and gather the appropriate information but it seems like if I clean up the library in XBMC and reload things that XBMC will end up with the wrong movie poster and fan art for some of my movies when compared to what EMM is showing.

there is a certain kind of priority and order for the local files xbmc reads when you reload a movie.

you might have to finetune the names of the files emm exports to the movie dir. maybe you have double files for some of you movies, and xbmc reads it's preferred one which is not the one from emm.

- Sparks14 - 2009-11-24

When you say "clean up the library", what do you mean. Unless you remove the source and add it again, I believe XBMC caches images...so if you change it in EMM, it may not change in XBMC.