Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

File Ranaming - ohhell - 2009-11-24

Great Program
Just one question, for the file and folder renaming options what are the available strings?

Thanks

- olympia - 2009-11-24

ohhell Wrote:Great Program
Just one question, for the file and folder renaming options what are the available strings?

Thanks

Huhhh? What do you mean?
You mean the ones which are in the bottom of the renamer window in a frame?

- azido - 2009-11-25

Sparks14 Wrote:When you say "clean up the library", what do you mean. Unless you remove the source and add it again, I believe XBMC caches images...so if you change it in EMM, it may not change in XBMC.

there is no need to remove the source. you have to supply the correct filenames for xbmc to read from and hit reload.

- NasaGeek - 2009-11-25

Any devs know why
<PreBuildEvent>call "$(SolutionDir)svnrev.bat"</PreBuildEvent>

has not been removed from the .vbproj file? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose and causes errors unless removed.

- Sparks14 - 2009-11-25

azido Wrote:there is no need to remove the source. you have to supply the correct filenames for xbmc to read from and hit reload.
So if you have a poster called "star wars.tbn" in the movie's folder and load it in XBMC and then change the file to a different image but with the same name in EMM, you are saying all you have to do is just rescan for new content again and XBMC will pick up the new image. My experience has been that XBMC caches the original file and you won't see the new one unless you remove the movie from the library and rescan for new content.

problem with "&" in file names? - gerosil - 2009-11-25

Hello,

I'm using EMM r1057 & I think I found an error when you have files with a "&" character in it (e.g. "Alex & Emma.avi"):

EMM creates ".info"-files, when I rename them to ".nfo" (as I need it for XBMC), EMM doesn't detect them anymore.

best regards, gerosil

- vitchie - 2009-11-25

Any idea of the TV shows are incorporated into EMM?

- ohhell - 2009-11-25

In the settings under file systems, file pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhell View Post
Great Program

Thanks
Huhhh? What do you mean?
You mean the ones which are in the bottom of the renamer window in a frame?

- RockDawg - 2009-11-25

Sparks14 Wrote:So if you have a poster called "star wars.tbn" in the movie's folder and load it in XBMC and then change the file to a different image but with the same name in EMM, you are saying all you have to do is just rescan for new content again and XBMC will pick up the new image. My experience has been that XBMC caches the original file and you won't see the new one unless you remove the movie from the library and rescan for new content.

Yes. One thing to note, refresh rescans the entire movie meaning it now shows as a newly added movie. You can also just go into movie info and click on "get thumb" and select the new image and it will change it without re-scanning all the other movie info.

- Sparks14 - 2009-11-25

RockDawg Wrote:You can also just go into movie info and click on "get thumb" and select the new image and it will change it without re-scanning all the other movie info.
Good idea.

vitchie Wrote:Any idea of the TV shows are incorporated into EMM?
My vote is for that also.

- NasaGeek - 2009-11-26

Sparks14 Wrote:My vote is for that also.

I believe this is in Ember Media Manager's future; however, the main objective of the developers at the moment is to get movies working as flawlessly as possible (such as the sets issue).

Also, for the other guy (I'm not sure how to quote in an edit, and I don't want double post)

The available arguments for renaming are:

D-Parent (?)
F-File Name
T-Title
O-Original Title (?)
Y-Year
R-Resolution
A-Audio
S-Source (DVD, BlueRay, etc. I'm guessing)
M-MPAA Rating

I'm not sure what some of these are, though...

- azido - 2009-11-26

Sparks14 Wrote:So if you have a poster called "star wars.tbn" in the movie's folder and load it in XBMC and then change the file to a different image but with the same name in EMM, you are saying all you have to do is just rescan for new content again..

no. you need to hit RELOAD on the video info window (the one accessible with "i".). using "scan for new content" doesn't always get all changes.

- RockDawg - 2009-11-26

Sparks14 Wrote:So if you have a poster called "star wars.tbn" in the movie's folder and load it in XBMC and then change the file to a different image but with the same name in EMM, you are saying all you have to do is just rescan for new content again and XBMC will pick up the new image. My experience has been that XBMC caches the original file and you won't see the new one unless you remove the movie from the library and rescan for new content.

I must correct my earlier reply and answer no like azido is saying. I mised that you said to rescan for new content. You can "refresh" (I've never seen it called reload, but maybe it is in some skins) under movie info for any given title, but like I posted earlier, it rescans all the info for that title and will make it appear as a newly added title. If all you want is to update the thumb, just click on "get thumb" under movie info.

- Sparks14 - 2009-11-27

RockDawg Wrote:I must correct my earlier reply and answer no like azido is saying. I mised that you said to rescan for new content. You can "refresh" (I've never seen it called reload, but maybe it is in some skins) under movie info for any given title, but like I posted earlier, it rescans all the info for that title and will make it appear as a newly added title. If all you want is to update the thumb, just click on "get thumb" under movie info.

Cool.....didn't know that was there...much easier!!!

TV Shows in EMM??? - jondr13 - 2009-11-27

How in the world do you do TV Shows in EMM? I have my files set up like this:

Band of Brothers S01E01.sddvd

ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!