Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- steve1977 - 2009-12-13

Not sure whether this is EMM related, but for 2 or 3 weeks now, I can select the artwork and poster, but it only shows and then also only downloaded half of the visual. I.e., the upper half of the photo shows the artwork and the lower half is black. Only happens for hi-rez photos, but constant for all movies.

Any thoughts?

Missing .tbn - Hutch - 2009-12-14

Hey all,

When I do a full media scrape, EMM is not downloading .tbn poster / fanart for some random movies. When I scrape those movies manually, it grabs the .tbns. Any idea why?

- telheiras - 2009-12-14

Hi,

two quick questions:

- does xbmc identifies which movies have got subtitles or not?
- can we open different accounts on xbmc so it can record which movie was watched by different people?

- gabbott - 2009-12-14

telheiras Wrote:- does xbmc identifies which movies have got subtitles or not?

I'm pretty sure it does, some skins support this like transparency, I believe.

- olympia - 2009-12-14

telheiras Wrote:Hi,

two quick questions:

- does xbmc identifies which movies have got subtitles or not?
- can we open different accounts on xbmc so it can record which movie was watched by different people?

1. I am not aware of this (however I am not using transparency)
2. Yes, it's called profiles

But actually none of your question is EMM related Rolleyes:p

single file per folder? - guyhopkins - 2009-12-14

olympia Wrote:BTW, non of the Devs/testers are "organized" their collection in this way, so that's why such a huge bug can still exist in Ember.

(My personal opinion is that neither XBMC, nor Ember should support such a frugal way of structuring. I strongly recommend to all of you to use the "sort files into folders" tool of Ember and stop storing everything in a single folder.)

Can you explain the rationale for this? A folder groups like items together - I have a set of movies (actually several sets) so I use folders to group them. It doesn't make sense to me to have to create a new folder for each movie.

Thanks
Guy

- olympia - 2009-12-14

guyhopkins Wrote:Can you explain the rationale for this? A folder groups like items together - I have a set of movies (actually several sets) so I use folders to group them. It doesn't make sense to me to have to create a new folder for each movie.

Thanks
Guy

Like grouping together the movie media file and all its complementary files generated by Ember? You have .nfo, poster, fanart, trailer for all the media files. This is minimum 5 files/movie. If the movie splitted, it's even more. That is something which definitely needs grouping into a separate folder.

Or do you think that having a single folder which includes min. five instance of every item after each other is a nice and rationale way of sturcturing your collection?

- joebanana - 2009-12-14

I have all my files in a single folder (and I have over 400 movies) but I'm ok with that because that's all it is : a folder.
I manager it all through EMM and XBMC so I really don't mind.

- guyhopkins - 2009-12-14

olympia Wrote:Like grouping together the movie media file and all its complementary files generated by Ember? You have .nfo, poster, fanart, trailer for all the media files. This is minimum 5 files/movie. If the movie splitted, it's even more. That is something which definitely needs grouping into a separate folder.

Or do you think that having a single folder which includes min. five instance of every item after each other is a nice and rationale way of sturcturing your collection?

I guess we simply have a difference of opinion on this as the extra files do not trouble me - I just don't want or need the finer level of granularity of one movie per folder. Hopefully implementing this level of enforcement isn't on the EMM to do list.

I am also encountering another issue that could well be related to this (although not as serious as the multiple deletion issue). In a single folder I have a multi-disk DVD ripped to two (or more) files called: movie - Disk 1.iso and movie - Disk 2.iso. EMM is only picking up the first file.

Is this a known issue, or a naming convention thing?

Thanks
Guy

- olympia - 2009-12-15

guyhopkins Wrote:I guess we simply have a difference of opinion on this as the extra files do not trouble me - I just don't want or need the finer level of granularity of one movie per folder. Hopefully implementing this level of enforcement isn't on the EMM to do list.

No, as long as XBMC supports this, Ember will support as well for sure.

guyhopkins Wrote:I am also encountering another issue that could well be related to this (although not as serious as the multiple deletion issue). In a single folder I have a multi-disk DVD ripped to two (or more) files called: movie - Disk 1.iso and movie - Disk 2.iso. EMM is only picking up the first file.

Is this a known issue, or a naming convention thing?

Amaaaazing :p
You don't bother having multiple instances for a movie, but you do separate folders for movies ripped to two parts. Cool
Anyhow, is "recursive" checked on this movie source in settings?

- guyhopkins - 2009-12-15

olympia Wrote:No, as long as XBMC supports this, Ember will support as well for sure.

Amaaaazing :p
You don't bother having multiple instances for a movie, but you do separate folders for movies ripped to two parts. Cool
Anyhow, is "recursive" checked on this movie source in settings?

Big Grin No, sorry, I'm not being clear enough. The two parts (disk 1 and disk 2) are in the same folder. This seems to be something with the naming. If I use: "movie.iso" and then "movie - Disk 2.iso" as the two file names then everything works as expected. If I use "movie - Disk 1.iso" and "movie - Disk 2.iso" the Disk 1 is shown in EMM but Disk 2 is not.

Thanks
Guy

- fnwc - 2009-12-15

guyhopkins Wrote:Big Grin No, sorry, I'm not being clear enough. The two parts (disk 1 and disk 2) are in the same folder. This seems to be something with the naming. If I use: "movie.iso" and then "movie - Disk 2.iso" as the two file names then everything works as expected. If I use "movie - Disk 1.iso" and "movie - Disk 2.iso" the Disk 1 is shown in EMM but Disk 2 is not.

I might misunderstand what you're saying, but EMM only needs to see the first part (Disc 1) of the movie, since essentially the metadata for the movie is the same between regardless of how many parts it is (the same way XBMC treats the movie as stacked).

As a result, it only grabs and saves nfo/tbn/fanart and names it according to the first part of the movie, the same way XBMC reads it.

In the case of your example "movie.iso" and "movie - Disk 2.iso", EMM (and XMBC) would consider these separate movies.

- olympia - 2009-12-15

fnwc Wrote:I might misunderstand what you're saying, but EMM only needs to see the first part (Disc 1) of the movie, since essentially the metadata for the movie is the same between regardless of how many parts it is (the same way XBMC treats the movie as stacked).

As a result, it only grabs and saves nfo/tbn/fanart and names it according to the first part of the movie, the same way XBMC reads it.

In the case of your example "movie.iso" and "movie - Disk 2.iso", EMM (and XBMC) would consider these separate movies.

Exactly! Cool

- Legolas - 2009-12-15

fekker Wrote:Ember is great, and it's really raised the bar on media managers.

I know it's been suggested before, and i'll just make a quick note again. A bunch of us that created some of the other media managers and scraper tools are working on a unified cross platform media manager. I know some of the goals are different, but a lot are still the same. I still think teaming up is the best way to make the best tools, and invite any of embers kick ass dev team to join us.

Either way, i'm glad to see ember still being worked on, it's a great tool!

- fekker

Please don't forget to continue supporting YAMJ (and UMC if you can) Smile

- steph99 - 2009-12-16

Hi nul7,

thanks a lot for EMM! GRRRRREATT!

One request/idea:
for me it would be very helpful if there was a way to permanently exclude certain folders (and subfolders) from beeing scanned by EMM.
The reason is, that I have my tv-series under a folder called "serien".
Right now my solution is to lock each individual item under this folder. I have to do this every time I add a new file...

I searched this thread and tried to find this function in EMM. Maybe I'm just blind?
Any hints are much appreciated! Wink