Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- kri kri - 2009-12-19

Is there a way to import about 900 movies into ember? I am using personal video database currently. I can export from that program in csv, and many other ways.

- Hutch - 2009-12-19

kri kri Wrote:Is there a way to import about 900 movies into ember? I am using personal video database currently. I can export from that program in csv, and many other ways.

Just select the folder containg all the movies and scrape the data. If you want a permanent transition to EMM, then I'd recommend using EMM to delete all .nfo/.tbn/.jpg from all movie folders, and then scraping. Also EMM can rename all movies to a uniform format which is handy.

- kri kri - 2009-12-19

Hutch Wrote:Just select the folder containg all the movies and scrape the data. If you want a permanent transition to EMM, then I'd recommend using EMM to delete all .nfo/.tbn/.jpg from all movie folders, and then scraping. Also EMM can rename all movies to a uniform format which is handy.

I want to do a transition, but all of the movies in PVDB are on DVD/Blu ray.

I could not figure out how to do a large import using the offline manager tool.

- Hutch - 2009-12-19

kri kri Wrote:I want to do a transition, but all of the movies in PVDB are on DVD/Blu ray.

I could not figure out how to do a large import using the offline manager tool.

I'm a bit confused. Are all your movies currently ripped and on your computer?

If so, the best structure is to have them all in separate folders e.g.

Movies\Transformers\Transformers.avi
Movies\Braveheart\Braveheart.avi
etc....

Then in EMM just select the "Movies" folder and start tweaking.

- kri kri - 2009-12-19

Hutch Wrote:I'm a bit confused. Are all your movies currently ripped and on your computer?

If so, the best structure is to have them all in separate folders e.g.

Movies\Transformers\Transformers.avi
Movies\Braveheart\Braveheart.avi
etc....

Then in EMM just select the "Movies" folder and start tweaking.

Nope all of my movies (in personal video database) are on disc.

I am currently using EMM with my server and it works well.

Windows 7 - michellembrodeu - 2009-12-19

Ok everyone, I have tried for hours to get ember to work in windows 7 and windows xp compatibility mode,. no luck.

it runs but does not go to the net at all, it thinks it is but it is not.

I am using windows 7 pro version fully updated.
I have made a firewall inbound and outbound exception for ember.

no luck

any ideas.

thanks all

Michelle

- NasaGeek - 2009-12-19

michellembrodeu Wrote:Ok everyone, I have tried for hours to get ember to work in windows 7 and windows xp compatibility mode,. no luck.

it runs but does not go to the net at all, it thinks it is but it is not.

I am using windows 7 pro version fully updated.
I have made a firewall inbound and outbound exception for ember.

no luck

any ideas.

thanks all

Michelle

1. We need a bit more information. What exactly happens when Ember tries scraping your movies?
2. Why do you need to run it in Compatibility Mode? Ember Media Manager works just fine with my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

- michellembrodeu - 2009-12-19

NasaGeek Wrote:1. We need a bit more information. What exactly happens when Ember tries scraping your movies?
2. Why do you need to run it in Compatibility Mode? Ember Media Manager works just fine with my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

ok, i have one movie to test it with. 48hrs.
i click on "re-scrap imdb" and wait.

the a box comes up saying.

"
Retrieving data from TheMovie.com..

IMPawards.com is not enabled

MoviePostersDB.com is not enabled

"

then it says
"no posters found for this movie."

then " No fan art found for this movie"

then it goes to the screen to manually input everything.

Also clicking on Download Addons does not work.

for the compatibility mode tried right clicking choosing properties and compatibility and choose vista no option for XP. also installed windows virtual XP mode and no luck there also.

I am using Windows Pro version not ultima could that be the problem. does any got ember working in pro or home

P.S. my roommate has ultimate edition and it did not work.

we are also running the x64 version

- Jasin - 2009-12-20

Never mind, seems to be a problem on my side.

- Hutch - 2009-12-20

michellembrodeu Wrote:ok, i have one movie to test it with. 48hrs.
i click on "re-scrap imdb" and wait.

the a box comes up saying.

"
Retrieving data from TheMovie.com..

IMPawards.com is not enabled

MoviePostersDB.com is not enabled

"

then it says
"no posters found for this movie."

then " No fan art found for this movie"

then it goes to the screen to manually input everything.

Also clicking on Download Addons does not work.

for the compatibility mode tried right clicking choosing properties and compatibility and choose vista no option for XP. also installed windows virtual XP mode and no luck there also.

I am using Windows Pro version not ultima could that be the problem. does any got ember working in pro or home

P.S. my roommate has ultimate edition and it did not work.

Does this folder have any other files in it besides the movie?
The problem is most likely that the right movie has not been selected.

In EMM, right click on 48 Hrs, and click Change Movie...
When the IMDB list comes up, choose the correct 48 hours.

Now scrape.

- Sparks14 - 2009-12-20

NasaGeek Wrote:It's not going to happen for a while. The devs are still trying to work out any kinks in the Movie aspect and make it as feature-filled as possible before moving on to other categories of media. However, rest-assured that Olympia (the project manager) is well-aware for the demand for TV Show support, and I am sure he will inform us of any important updates.
Any idea what the list of features that's left for Movies. I really really do appreciate the group that has picked up development for Ember. I think it's by far the best movie management system out there. My fear is that if/when the UMM group comes out with their media manager, people will jump to it because it will include movies and TV show support. I think what they are trying to do is very ambitious, but we will see. I certainly don't use all the movie features...but just curious what is left to do on it. It seems like other than an occasional bug fix....it's fairly feature rich. Again, thanks to you guys for keeping EMM alive.

- NasaGeek - 2009-12-20

Well, you can take a look here to see any feature requests/bugs that are currently being worked on. I for one am not sure of any particular features that are being developed at the moment; you'd probably need to ask Olympia or one of the devs.

- marcus2704 - 2009-12-20

Within EMM v1069, I selected to delete a Blu Ray ISO file which resides on one of my drives, instead of doing that it wiped everything else from the drive. Almost 1TB of movies gone in an instant. I can get them back but its going to be a slow process, I love the app but I wont be using that functionality again...!

- olympia - 2009-12-20

marcus2704 Wrote:Within EMM v1069, I selected to delete a Blu Ray ISO file which resides on one of my drives, instead of doing that it wiped everything else from the drive. Almost 1TB of movies gone in an instant. I can get them back but its going to be a slow process, I love the app but I wont be using that functionality again...!

We're aware of a critical bug of the deleter, if every movie is in a single folder, but it is not that serious that EVERYTHING should have gone for you.

Could you please describe your structure? Were everything in one single folder?
How did you setup the source in Ember and what was the name of the file you deleted?

Has really EVERYTHING get wiped?

- marcus2704 - 2009-12-20

My structure is that all the movies on that drive are in their own folder -

For example -

S:\Moon (2009)\Moon.mkv

In this case, I had copiied a Blu-Ray ISO (40+GB) file to the root of that drive earlier which I no longer needed -

S:\Watchmen.ISO

I had then loaded EMM and done a Bulk Rename.which worked fine but on noticing the unwanted ISO file in the library list I chose to delete the movie and confirmed its deleteion from the hard drive. Upon checking the contents of the drive, it was all gone, except for the ISO file.

Is there a log file or anything you would like me to copy? Id rather not replicate those steps, but Im certain I had only selected tha single movie as opposed to the whole list.