Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2009-12-22

Thanks, all! Really appreciate the "welcome back"s.

@ flipped and hutch: Thanks for the offers. I hope to begin serving the downloads from the site.... would either of your servers have the necessary bandwidth (somewhere around 50 GB a month I'd guess) and decent speeds? We don't need much and would hope to stay on the donated space for a while. Of course, you'd get a link to whatever site for donating the hosting.... not that we would produce much traffic for you, but it might be a little extra. lol

EDIT: Oh... and RoR would be a BIG plus! Wink

- Hutch - 2009-12-23

nul7 Wrote:Thanks, all! Really appreciate the "welcome back"s.

@ flipped and hutch: Thanks for the offers. I hope to begin serving the downloads from the site.... would either of your servers have the necessary bandwidth (somewhere around 50 GB a month I'd guess) and decent speeds? We don't need much and would hope to stay on the donated space for a while. Of course, you'd get a link to whatever site for donating the hosting.... not that we would produce much traffic for you, but it might be a little extra. lol

EDIT: Oh... and RoR would be a BIG plus! Wink

That space is no problem, we can test the speeds to if you want to see if it is to your satisfaction.

And RoR should be no prob.

- michellembrodeu - 2009-12-23

nul7 Wrote:Just FYI, I am developing on Win7 x64, so that's not a problem. lol Is an error log created? I'm guessing it must be a firewall issue if you can't download addons either.

Renaming the files is the only way to indicate the source. This is a skin hack and is not officially supported by XBMC.

And yes, for everyone not following the SVN, I'm back. While I'm still not 100%, I feel a lot better (physically and mentally). I won't be able to dedicate as much time to Ember as I did in the past, but I'll put a few hours in a week at least. Thank you to everyone who has kept Ember alive over the past months, especially Olympia and RogueDazza.... hope you guys stick around!

Also, if anyone has any server space they could donate we sure could use it. Embermm.com is back up, but is running off an older machine that is already producing heavy traffic, so it's extremely slow. We only need like 100 mb of space, and 1 MySQL db. Please let us know! Oh, and more devs, graphic artists, web developers, etc are ALWAYS needed!

If it is a firewall issue. how can i fix it. I have already open up in/out traffic in windows 7 firewall for emm.

if i have to open it up in my cisco router then what are the ports. and why does it work no problem in windows home server on the same router?

please help and thanks

- kizer - 2009-12-23

I can't provide MySQL, but I can easily support 50gig a month if you need a mirror or something for downloads.

Media Flags for ISOs - jmartin147 - 2009-12-23

For some reason, when EMM scrapes for data on my iso files, the only media flag it comes back with is the studio flag. Can anyone tell me why source, audio, resolution, etc aren't coming up?

- nul7 - 2009-12-23

jmartin147 Wrote:For some reason, when EMM scrapes for data on my iso files, the only media flag it comes back with is the studio flag. Can anyone tell me why source, audio, resolution, etc aren't coming up?

From the first post in this thread Wink:
nul7 Wrote:Note: Disc images are not supported using MediaInfo.dll so meta data will not be scanned for file types such as iso, img, bin, etc. using the version that's included in the Extras packages. v0.7.11 of the dll does scan disc images for meta data, but it is more than likely incorrect (a "false-positive", as described by the developer of the MediaInfo library). If you would like to use it anyway, download one of the following and extract MediaInfo.dll from the archive into the Bin folder of your Ember installation (overwriting the current dll):

MediaInfo.dll v0.7.11 x64:
https://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=86862&filename=MediaInfo_DLL_0.7.11_Windows_x64.zip&a=86982644

MediaInfo.dll v0.7.11 x86:
https://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=86862&filename=MediaInfo_DLL_0.7.11_Windows_i386.zip&a=60502138

- jmartin147 - 2009-12-23

nul7 Wrote:From the first post in this thread Wink:

Thanks nul7 for the extremely fast post, I must have somehow glazed over the fine print. It's working now.

- nul7 - 2009-12-23

jmartin147 Wrote:Thanks nul7 for the extremely fast post, I must have somehow glazed over the fine print. It's working now.

Excellent! Everyone always tells me I should have been a lawyer... guess I have the fine print part down pat. lol

- Groove996 - 2009-12-23

Love EMM, great program

but it seems to delete my extrathumbs most of the time.

once it replaces them with its own they seem to stay in place, but i have an odd collection of extrathumbs and for now i'm backing them up before i scan each folder.

is it a setting i've messed up somewhere? Any ideas?

- nul7 - 2009-12-23

Groove996 Wrote:Love EMM, great program

but it seems to delete my extrathumbs most of the time.

once it replaces them with its own they seem to stay in place, but i have an odd collection of extrathumbs and for now i'm backing them up before i scan each folder.

is it a setting i've messed up somewhere? Any ideas?

It doesn't know whether it created them or not. lol Are the files actually being deleted or just not detected by EMM? Can you provide more info about the what's and when's?

- davemf - 2009-12-23

Just wanted to say welcome back, Jason, and I'm really glad to hear you're doing better. Season's greetings and all that, too.

Dave

- Groove996 - 2009-12-23

nul7 Wrote:It doesn't know whether it created them or not. lol Are the files actually being deleted or just not detected by EMM? Can you provide more info about the what's and when's?

Yea didn't make much sense to me either - just trying to find a pattern, but not having much luck. Sometimes it deletes, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes if i add a scraped extrathumb and then hit refresh they appear and then don't delete...

I'll play around with it. Good to know you keep a close eye on the thread Wink

- Kieron - 2009-12-23

You have no idea who I am, but I'm so happy your back nul7! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

- User 56649 - 2009-12-23

Glad to see you back Nul7! Hope things are looking up Smile

- RockDawg - 2009-12-23

Glad your back and feeling better nul7. Kudos to the others for keeping Ember going.