Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- michellembrodeu - 2009-12-25

If emm does not work where would it put error logs, i do not see any error logs in the directory on my desktop where I put all the files i unzipped for ember.

- nul7 - 2009-12-25

michellembrodeu Wrote:If emm does not work where would it put error logs, i do not see any error logs in the directory on my desktop where I put all the files i unzipped for ember.

It would be in the Log subdir inside your Ember directory. It's a file called err_log.txt. If it doesn't exist, then there was no error. Wink

- michellembrodeu - 2009-12-25

nul7 Wrote:It would be in the Log subdir inside your Ember directory. It's a file called err_log.txt. If it doesn't exist, then there was no error. Wink

There is no log subdirectory.

so then ember runs but does not produce any error logs for me and does not scrap at all.

so what do you people think is the problem

Remember I am using windows 7 64 bit pro version, roommate is using windows 64 Ultimate and the third system is windows 7 Home premium 64 bit.

But our server is using home server on the server and it works. so it is not the cisco router wrvs4400n.

ember tries many connection to scrap but just times out on each.

so what can it be?

I am using the laster ember release like 7 hours ago also.

- cowboyzx6 - 2009-12-26

Hello,

Question about using EMM with XBMC.

Inside EMM, once I have completed the process of scraping the various info for each movie (i.e., fanart, covers, NFO file, etc...) I need XBMC to recognize this data.

Well, once I start XBMC, I add the source and then tell it to scan for new content. It appears as though XBMC is trying to go out and re-scrape all the info for the movies. It is taking a really long time! I was hoping that it would simply be able to read the EMM generated files and go from there?

Maybe there is a setting somewhere that I missed?

Thanks!

- nul7 - 2009-12-26

michellembrodeu Wrote:There is no log subdirectory.

so then ember runs but does not produce any error logs for me and does not scrap at all.

so what do you people think is the problem

Remember I am using windows 7 64 bit pro version, roommate is using windows 64 Ultimate and the third system is windows 7 Home premium 64 bit.

But our server is using home server on the server and it works. so it is not the cisco router wrvs4400n.

ember tries many connection to scrap but just times out on each.

so what can it be?

I am using the laster ember release like 7 hours ago also.

Did you try running as administrator?

- nul7 - 2009-12-26

cowboyzx6 Wrote:Hello,

Question about using EMM with XBMC.

Inside EMM, once I have completed the process of scraping the various info for each movie (i.e., fanart, covers, NFO file, etc...) I need XBMC to recognize this data.

Well, once I start XBMC, I add the source and then tell it to scan for new content. It appears as though XBMC is trying to go out and re-scrape all the info for the movies. It is taking a really long time! I was hoping that it would simply be able to read the EMM generated files and go from there?

Maybe there is a setting somewhere that I missed?

Thanks!

It still has to transfer the files/info to its own cache/db so it still takes a while (+/- a few seconds per movie, depending on where the files are in relation to XBMC and how fast your hardware is).

- cowboyzx6 - 2009-12-26

So i was running my test on a directory with just 2 movies in it. Would you say that 15 minutes is a normal amount of time for this process? That's about how long it took.

- nul7 - 2009-12-26

cowboyzx6 Wrote:So i was running my test on a directory with just 2 movies in it. Would you say that 15 minutes is a normal amount of time for this process? That's about how long it took.

No, not at all. lol Like I said, a few seconds per movie. Did you check to see if the all the files were created properly?

- huscoolcal - 2009-12-26

Hi - I am running this on my windows installation of xbmc - how do i get it to update my windows xbmc library - i tried putting in the ip address of the machine but doesn't work?

- nul7 - 2009-12-26

huscoolcal Wrote:Hi - I am running this on my windows installation of xbmc - how do i get it to update my windows xbmc library - i tried putting in the ip address of the machine but doesn't work?

Make sure you have XBMC's webserver enabled and its settings match Ember's configuration. Just FYI, this just triggers XBMC's library update (as if you had hit "update library" from the sources context menu). If you have made changes to movies that are already in the library, you'll either need to reload each movie individually in XBMC or set the source type to none, clear the library, then set it back to Movies to reload the info for all movies. I hope that makes sense. lol

- huscoolcal - 2009-12-26

Thanks much - not sure why it's not working, i can jst do it via xbmc

- azgul - 2009-12-26

I think that a duplicate checker would be fairly handy. Would it perhaps be possible to implement that?

- olympia - 2009-12-26

azgul Wrote:I think that a duplicate checker would be fairly handy. Would it perhaps be possible to implement that?

How about Filters/General/Duplicates? lol

- azgul - 2009-12-26

olympia Wrote:How about Filters/General/Duplicates? lol
Oh sweet, lol. Thanks!

- carmenm - 2009-12-26

Just updated my whole library and it works great.
I have only one problem:
In the settings i have chosen to save and load posters from folder.jpg and movie.tbn
But when i scrap posters it only saves folder.jpg.
The problem with that is that xbmc doesnt see them.
So i bulked renamed folder.jpg to movie.tbn. It s ok for xbmc but now i lost folder.jpg
Could you make so that when you save data you saev all formats chosen?
Also during update it would be great that if folder.jpg exists and you also have chosen to save as movie.tbn, you copy folder.jpg as movie.tbn
What do you think?

EDIT: just found out that it works correctly on new movie with no data. The problem is with movies with existing data