Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- nul7 - 2010-01-05

xm41907 Wrote:I've had a weird thing happen today. I was scraping several new movies and for some reason the NFO is coming out in german. I have all the settings made for english, and USA, but it isn't working. Has anyone else had a similar thing happen?

Do you have any of the OFDB options enabled? OFDB is a German equivalent to IMDB. Or do you have the IMDB mirror set to imdb.de or something like that?

Therms Wrote:What is the point of the <thumb> and <fanart> items in the .nfo? Are they needed since EMM is downloading us a local copy of the fanart and poster we want?

They are used by XBMC if you want to change the image. Not really needed if you manage your library strictly with Ember, but we read/write the data for conformance.

JAH_ Wrote:hi.

I've just started using Ember MM and so far I'm very happy with it.

But I have a problem whit the bulk renamer. Most of the movies are processed successfully, but not all.

it seems that if the movie contains the source in the filename, it will not rename itself properly.

One example:

Movies\Bad Boys (1995)\Bad Boys.dvd.avi will show up in bulkrenamer with correct title and path, but in the filename field it says "Bad Boys vi". NewFileName displays the correct new filename.

Where does the "vi" come from?

When I hit "Rename" it seems like it starts to rename the files with the progress bar and everything, but it doesn't do anything. When I open Bulkrenamer again, it show the same list over movies to rename

filepattern is "$T{.$S}". I've also tried changing the pattern to "$T" with no luck.

I'm running r1102 on W7 32bit

Please let me know if you want me to post some screenshots or if you require more info.

Cheers,
JAH

Strange... please add a bug report to embermm.com and we'll fix it.

abauomy Wrote:How to sort by sort by IMDB rating
Huh

Hit the sort by IMDB rating button. lol Raise the panel below the movie list... lots of sorters/filters.

ducklord Wrote:EMM might be the best Media Manager I've come across, and really, the only one that stayed on my hard drive. My main problem with it is that it's painfully slow. I'd really like to see some kind of multi-threading incorporated in it when pulling info - I don't know if it already does that, but it could, say, ask at the same time for info, posters, images and so on from multiple sites, and not one after the other.

To take it even further, it could ask at the same time for multiple movie info, say, like pulling at the same time info for 4 movies from IMDB - exactly like if you'd had opened 4 tabs in Firefox. I guess that that would make the program blazing fast. As for the possible problem of "what would happened if the program needed some user action for failed items", like if it didn't find the coresponding info for two or more movies it had asked at the same time, it could simply "cue" the errors and ask the user sequentially to input info.

I don't know if I'm asking much, but that would be the killer feature for me. Everything else is almost perfect.

Best regards and congrats on a great program.
Ducklord

We've thought about this, but have decided against it for one reason: we don't run the servers that this information is getting pulled from. It's not a problem for IMDB, but sites like TMDB don't have the financial backing to have huge clusters of servers. They provide a service for free, which greatly enhances the functionality of Ember and other media managers. I don't think it's fair if we take advantage of that and hammer them every time we scrape something. I've noticed one or two other media managers try to download every image at the same time, and don't think that's exactly fair/ethical. It's not so big of a deal when it's only one person... but we have ~4000+ users and growing. Imagine the load that would create on these servers. Besides, they ask that users of the API limit requests to no more than one per second... and that's just for retrieving the xml.

- nul7 - 2010-01-05

And again, now that the site is back up, I beg all of you to please post feature requests and bug reports to the tracker on embermm.com. It's very difficult to keep track of and remember every post in this thread. If it's not posted on embermm.com, it probably won't get fixed/added.

- retro - 2010-01-06

is there a possibility to see (in ember) only movies that are 720p and maybe export them into a list.

Thank you kindly

anyhow thank you for this great piece of software

- retro - 2010-01-06

sry. doublepost

- kim1406 - 2010-01-06

Where can I download WinXP x32 version of this software? I would like to use it on my WinXP machine.
thanks

- TugboatBill - 2010-01-06

1st post

- kim1406 - 2010-01-06

TugboatBill Wrote:1st post

Now, it's my second Big Grin

So, you think I should go and read all the 300 pages to find an answer to my question?
I really love to use the software, I'm using now YANFOE, the free beta, and when I read about Ember, I thought I have to use it instead, but I"m using WinXP x32, and could not find any download for this system.

- craigd - 2010-01-06

he wasn't commenting on your post count, the link to the software is in the first post of this thread

- TugboatBill - 2010-01-06

Rolleyes

- kim1406 - 2010-01-06

craigd Wrote:he wasn't commenting on your post count, the link to the software is in the first post of this thread

But the link from first post will lead to the download page that contains x64 and x86 versions only.
http://www.embermm.com/tab/show/embermm

so, I guess there is no version for win32 ?

- Amra - 2010-01-06

kim1406 Wrote:But the link from first post will lead to the download page that contains x64 and x86 versions only.
http://www.embermm.com/tab/show/embermm

so, I guess there is no version for win32 ?
The x86 version is for win32 (WinXP)

- elzafir - 2010-01-06

1. After renaming all my movie.jpg to movie.tbn using Bulk Rename Utility, EMM doesn't recognize the movie.tbn as thumbnails. When I scrape, it won't download posters (probably because movie.tbn already exist).

I ended up re-adding the .tbn manually through Edit Movie.

2. After selecting all three sources for posters (and tweaking a whole buncha settings), I found that I can not select the 'X-Large' poster from 'Multiple' posters. The only option availiable is 'Medium', which quite low res.

3. Also, I recently found out that SOME of my movie information doesn't show on EMM (prolly after renaming .jpg to .tbn). I don't know if the .nfo files were damaged/rewritten somehow, but rescraping IMDB fix this.

Any solutions?

UPDATE:
4. SUDDENLY the Scrape Poster and Scrape Fanart buttons in Edit Movie are greyed out!!! Help! What's happening to meeeeeHuh

- nul7 - 2010-01-07

elzafir Wrote:1. After renaming all my movie.jpg to movie.tbn using Bulk Rename Utility, EMM doesn't recognize the movie.tbn as thumbnails. When I scrape, it won't download posters (probably because movie.tbn already exist).

I ended up re-adding the .tbn manually through Edit Movie.

2. After selecting all three sources for posters (and tweaking a whole buncha settings), I found that I can not select the 'X-Large' poster from 'Multiple' posters. The only option availiable is 'Medium', which quite low res.

3. Also, I recently found out that SOME of my movie information doesn't show on EMM (prolly after renaming .jpg to .tbn). I don't know if the .nfo files were damaged/rewritten somehow, but rescraping IMDB fix this.

Any solutions?

UPDATE:
4. SUDDENLY the Scrape Poster and Scrape Fanart buttons in Edit Movie are greyed out!!! Help! What's happening to meeeeeHuh

If you make changes to the files (rename the posters, manually edit the nfo, delete files, etc) you need to reload the movies in Ember, similar to what you have to do with XBMC. You can right-click on each movie individually or use "Reload All Movies" from the Tools menu.

If the scrape buttons are disabled, that means you disabled all of the image servers in settings.... well, actually you lead me to find a bug... if you only have MPDB enabled then it will still disable the scrape buttons. Fixed it in the code.

how do import to xbmc - Paulkai - 2010-01-07

Running the stable release of camelot and have just downloaded this programme I have followed all the info and now have fanart for all my movies
when i click on the button to import into xbmc i get the error saying to check i have the webserver and port number are correct, I have made sure that they are switched on, but still get the error, what I'm I doing wrong

Thanks

Paul

- krl69 - 2010-01-07

Quote:Well, your use of sets is not exactly as intended. Sets are for box sets and groups of movies from a series. I think setting genres to these movies would work better for your usage.

I see that now, but I still want a form of sorting which is directly connected to the "Files and Sources". What about an option for setting a default genre per physical directory and an option to remove all other genre if you only want one per movie?!

And I would like to see other sorting methods?! I don't like the way ALL movies are sorted in one big pile of titles.

And last – is there a way to make a custom genre?