Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- olympia - 2010-01-15

HiSoC8Y Wrote:hello

i was using the older version of EMM, which i think it was r1046

and now i upgraded to the latest, r1102

when i go into the sets manager, i can't see the sets the i created before, even though when i check the nfo of the movies, the parameters for sets is available.

can someone help?

Are you an xbmc or a YAMJ user?

- >>X<< - 2010-01-15

arbi Wrote:what's going on... I enter information into Ember Media Manager neatly, but when I try to pass it on to XBMC, nothing happens...and if I update the library from within XBMC it downloads lowres covers from god-knows-where instead of the good ones from IMDB.

Can't I force XBMC to use the info EMM provided?
I have my downloaded data saved as
  • folder.jpg (poster image)
  • fanart.jpg (you know what)
  • movie.nfo (to not conflict with a possibly existant <movie>.nfo
  • extrathumbs\thumb<number>.jpg (the other fanart)

I'm using EMM build 1102 (x64) and a nightly build of XBMC from ~1 day ago.

When you add a source just set content and do nothing else, movies I always use the option "Use folder names for lookups" then in xbmc go to Settings > Video > Library, choose "Upate library on startup" shut xbmc then open again and all your stuff will get added to library using all the local info not xbmc's scrapper

- steve1977 - 2010-01-15

nul7 Wrote:For anyone who builds from SVN, please give the current code a workout to let me know what shows it misses when scanning. I don't use XBMC for TV Shows and don't download any, so I have no clue what all the naming conventions and folder structures are, but I think I did ok. It will read nfo's and find posters/fanart if they already exist and put all of the data into the database. The GUI is just a list display so far... I'll try to get more done over the weekend.

Keep in mind, this is just the first iteration of the TV Show scanning code, so I'm sure there will be lots of modifications to come. I have not yet added support for video_ts or single video files with multiple episodes/seasons. Also, a question: Does XBMC support stacking of TV Show files or is that something I can leave out?

Awesome news!!! TV Shows are in the making!!! Thanks for your energy to start this project!!!

I am not aware of any TV show that is stacked, so I would suggest to leave this out. What is quite common are double episode (e.g., S01E01E02). Great to hear things going!!!

- arbi - 2010-01-15

>>X<<' Wrote:When you add a source just set content and do nothing else, movies I always use the option "Use folder names for lookups" then in xbmc go to Settings > Video > Library, choose "Upate library on startup" shut xbmc then open again and all your stuff will get added to library using all the local info not xbmc's scrapper

Thank you, that was helpful. Smile
I look forward to support for TV shows... I am just letting it grab things and XBMC reports some stuff which is totally out of the picture... (e. g. Julie's Leverage - what is that - instead of just "Leverage", "s is in the House 3 (2004)" instead of House and something that looks like an excerpt of a CSS as a show name...). :confused2: Rofl

I was not quite sure what the "update library on start" would do and assumed that it would just scrape the internet for movies like when I let it do so.

Edit: Oh man. Sad
I thought it would work this time, but... XBMC again only recognized my DVDs I have copied to my drive, in their VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders. Any rips for which I have collected nfo, posters and fanart with EMM, aren't there for XBMC... I have enabled "Scan for content on restart" and I have also marked the library folder for "automatic scan".

- MrDVD - 2010-01-15

To bad that i cant compile under windows and dont have a clue at all which soft is needed, but im sure someone here will compile this tvshow testing version Smile

- igotdvds - 2010-01-15

MrDVD Wrote:To bad that i cant compile under windows and dont have a clue at all which soft is needed, but im sure someone here will compile this tvshow testing version Smile

seconded

- Greywolf - 2010-01-15

I absolutely love the 'clean files' option. Did save me a LOT of work Smile

Two questions though:
- It doesn't find the meta data for *.m2ts files. I have to manually push refresh for every movie
- There isn't an image for the vc-1 codec? I'm not sure this is EMM fault though.

Looking forward to the TV Show update! Keep up the good work!

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-01-15

arbi Wrote:I have also marked the library folder for "automatic scan"

Did I say check that box ? No Confused

That will be your problem don't check that box !!!!!.........

- bobrap - 2010-01-15

igotdvds Wrote:seconded

Thirded (:confused2Smile

- arbi - 2010-01-15

>>X<<' Wrote:Did I say check that box ? No Confused

That will be your problem don't check that box !!!!!.........

I think I tried that after the first way hadn't worked.
It is deactivated now and I have deleted xbmc's movie database.
Same thing as before happens when running the program afterwards:
A status message pops up briefly saying "Compressing database" and that is it.

After having checked "use folder names for lookup", I think it finds the rest now.
Finally after overcoming my inediquacy and a little RingTFM the library will be working, okay

NodRoflRolleyes

- Imaginos - 2010-01-15

Hello, it's strange, All infos I get with the latest (EMM_r1102_BETA_FULL_x86) retrieves only german informations !
I don't see anything in the settings or in the settings.xml to workaround

- nul7 - 2010-01-15

Imaginos Wrote:Hello, it's strange, All infos I get with the latest (EMM_r1102_BETA_FULL_x86) retrieves only german informations !
I don't see anything in the settings or in the settings.xml to workaround

Did you change your IMDB mirror or enable any of the OFDB settings?

- Imaginos - 2010-01-15

I enabled OFDB.

I disabled it and it's ok, thanks

- NasaGeek - 2010-01-15

bobrap Wrote:Thirded (:confused2Smile

It can be compiled relatively painlessly using Microsoft Visual Studio. If any of you are students, you can grab it from http://dreamspark.com. You can probably compile with Visual Studio Express just as easily.

- Picnic - 2010-01-15

Failing to write nfo files. Just noticed that for some reason it says it has the info but there is no nfo file in the movie directory. Using latest version.