Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- bob_loblaw - 2010-01-18

nul7 Wrote:I don't use XBMC for TV Shows and don't download any, so I have no clue what all the naming conventions and folder structures are, but I think I did ok.

Mine is pretty similar to everyone else's:

Code:
Series Name
    Season 1
        Series Name - S01E01.xyz
        Series Name - S01E02.xyz
        Series Name - S01E03-S01E04.xyz
    Season 2
        Series Name - S02E02 & S02E03.xyz
        Series Name - S02E04
        Series Name - S02E05-E06.xyz

Other Series Name

These are some of the formats I've seen. Some also have their seasons as "Season01" or "S01" instead of the format I noted above.

- CorpseTumor - 2010-01-18

Hey guys, nother question, could be easy but i cant find how to do this. I scraped everything fine now and all is good, except i forgot to check the box to only download actors with images and now i have a bunch of cast members in xbmc with no pictures. How do i go about deleting all the actors with no image with ember? I tried checking the box and rescanning but idk if im dong it right, can i get a step by step? Thanks

- MrDVD - 2010-01-18

Im not 100% sure but i think the only way is to del the xbmc db and rescan it again inside xbmc from the new nfo files.

- rcoops - 2010-01-18

CorpseTumor Wrote:Hey guys, nother question, could be easy but i cant find how to do this. I scraped everything fine now and all is good, except i forgot to check the box to only download actors with images and now i have a bunch of cast members in xbmc with no pictures. How do i go about deleting all the actors with no image with ember? I tried checking the box and rescanning but idk if im dong it right, can i get a step by step? Thanks

The easiest way is to drop the movies DB correct the nfo files and rescan the lot. Since you will have to correct the nfo files anyway (a new scan would reread the bad nfo file and your back where you started from) so that part doesn't mater. Since the scanning from within XBMC is so easy it is by far the simplest way to deal with this.

Another way would be to shutdown XBMC correct the nfo file connect to the movies database and using some delete xyz where this and that statement but that would be far more complex and only slightly faster then simply rescanning the lot unless we are talking about a database with a separate disk array and several thousands of films I would advise using the first solution.

- coendeurloo - 2010-01-18

Which of these files do I really need for it to just display the poster and fanart? I ticked all of them in the settings, but I'm guessing I need just two:

- krypt2nite - 2010-01-18

I use fanart.jpg and movie.tbn

- nul7 - 2010-01-18

CorpseTumor Wrote:Hey guys, nother question, could be easy but i cant find how to do this. I scraped everything fine now and all is good, except i forgot to check the box to only download actors with images and now i have a bunch of cast members in xbmc with no pictures. How do i go about deleting all the actors with no image with ember? I tried checking the box and rescanning but idk if im dong it right, can i get a step by step? Thanks

Instead of starting over from scratch, you can just use the custom scraper to rescrape only the cast (after you have selected to only scrape actors with images). Then, in XBMC, set the source content to none and back to movies to have it reload the new info.

- nul7 - 2010-01-19

Well, apparently people on FB don't like to provide feedback. lol Here are some new test builds: http://www.mediafire.com/embermm

It would be a good idea to backup and delete your settings and database files (Settings.xml and Media.emm) from your Ember directory before running these test versions. Some settings are not backwards compatible with previous versions and there have been lots of changes to the database.

- bnevets27 - 2010-01-19

Adding my dummy library worked well and this is the only problems I found.

I have just been testing it for a little while. It picked up most of my 54 tv shows. It missed: Saturday Night Live and Penn & Teller Bullshit!, being the folder names. These are the titles in the nfo's: "Penn & Teller: Bullshit!" and "Saturday Night Live" Not sure why it would have missed Saturday Night Live.

There's a bug with displaying the title of an episode if an nfo is not present or incompatible(scene version). The title is displayed like this: - SE - Tile of show. So "- SE -" show not be there. The positive side effect is that it has made me aware of episodes that had nfo's but were not xbmc nfos. It would be helpful if ember could tell you it has found a nfo but is not xbmc compatible which would more or less mean its the scene version. Further more if there is a option to name the scene .nfo to .info like in the movies section that would be great. I have a feeling your probably already working on that.

The format of my shows are:
Series Name - S01E01 - Title of Episode

Unfortunately if I try to add my real library it fails and nothing is shown Here is the error:

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
StackTrace:    at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewSelectedRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.FillList(Int32 iIndex, Boolean DupesOnly, String Actor)
Date/Time: 19/01/2010 1:01:03 AM

That is repeated 4 times.

Running Win 7 x64 running the x64 version.

The only difference between my dummy library is the tvdbid in the nfo's. My dummy library has <tvdbid>72108</tvdbid> my real library has <id>79488</id>. Not sure if that influences anything.

Great work so far!

- CorpseTumor - 2010-01-19

nul7 Wrote:Instead of starting over from scratch, you can just use the custom scraper to rescrape only the cast (after you have selected to only scrape actors with images). Then, in XBMC, set the source content to none and back to movies to have it reload the new info.

i rescraped with cast and nfo ticked but am still getting some with "blank" images in the cast section of ember, will these get transfered to xbmc once i rescan?

- nul7 - 2010-01-19

bnevets27 Wrote:Adding my dummy library worked well and this is the only problems I found.

I have just been testing it for a little while. It picked up most of my 54 tv shows. It missed: Saturday Night Live and Penn & Teller Bullshit!, being the folder names. These are the titles in the nfo's: "Penn &amp; Teller: Bullshit!" and "Saturday Night Live" Not sure why it would have missed Saturday Night Live.

There's a bug with displaying the title of an episode if an nfo is not present or incompatible(scene version). The title is displayed like this: - SE - Tile of show. So "- SE -" show not be there. The positive side effect is that it has made me aware of episodes that had nfo's but were not xbmc nfos. It would be helpful if ember could tell you it has found a nfo but is not xbmc compatible which would more or less mean its the scene version. Further more if there is a option to name the scene .nfo to .info like in the movies section that would be great. I have a feeling your probably already working on that.

The format of my shows are:
Series Name - S01E01 - Title of Episode

Unfortunately if I try to add my real library it fails and nothing is shown Here is the error:

Code:
Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
StackTrace:    at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewSelectedRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.FillList(Int32 iIndex, Boolean DupesOnly, String Actor)
Date/Time: 19/01/2010 1:01:03 AM

That is repeated 4 times.

Running Win 7 x64 running the x64 version.

The only difference between my dummy library is the tvdbid in the nfo's. My dummy library has <tvdbid>72108</tvdbid> my real library has <id>79488</id>. Not sure if that influences anything.

Great work so far!

Thanks for the feedback. I messed up the default filters... it should filter out all of S01E01 instead of leaving the SE. Try changing four of the filters to be like this:

Code:
(?i)s([0-9]+)[][._ -]*e([0-9]+)
(?i)([\._ -])?([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([\._ -].*?)?
(?i)(s(eason)?)([\._ - ])?([0-9]+)
(?i)(e(pisode)?)([\._ -])?([0-9]+)

Should be pretty easy to tell which one's to replace. You'll need to add a custom filter to remove the -'s. These were just some quick filters I threw in... didn't do much testing to them. I'll work on them tomorrow.

Did it not display Penn & Teller and Saturday Night Live at all? If not, what is an example folder structure and example file names for one of these?

I'll look into what's causing the error tomorrow. It's not anything to do with the nfos because "FillList" is just getting the data out of the database and filling the lists on the left. It's probably just a stupid mistake I did.

CorpseTumor Wrote:i rescraped with cast and nfo ticked but am still getting some with "blank" images in the cast section of ember, will these get transfered to xbmc once i rescan?

Ah, sorry, I forgot. IMDB changed their "no photo" image links a couple weeks ago. I fixed this in SVN a while ago, but we haven't released an update since. You can try out the test version that I posted and it should work.

- themugger - 2010-01-19

Just tried the first TV test build and all my shows/seasons/episodes loaded first time! very quick and very impressed. good work as usual... Thanks

- MrDVD - 2010-01-19

I also did an small test and it looks like EMM cant handle episodes like "s01e01-02.avi"

In such case it find only s01e01 but there is no info about s01e02 in the left tab.

And the log display:
Code:
Message: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
StackTrace:    bei Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.fillScreenInfoWithEpisode()
Date/Time: 19.01.2010 11:03:29
===========================================================================================
xbmc itself can handle it.

- nul7 - 2010-01-19

themugger Wrote:Just tried the first TV test build and all my shows/seasons/episodes loaded first time! very quick and very impressed. good work as usual... Thanks

Excellent. Thanks!

MrDVD Wrote:I also did an small test and it looks like EMM cant handle episodes like "s01e01-02.avi"

In such case it find only s01e01 but there is no info about s01e02 in the left tab.

And the log display:
Code:
Message: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
StackTrace:    bei Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.fillScreenInfoWithEpisode()
Date/Time: 19.01.2010 11:03:29
===========================================================================================
xbmc itself can handle it.

Yes, I mentioned already that I have not added support for video_ts or single files with multiple seasons/episodes. Wink The error looks like another quick-to-fix-stupid-mistake. lol Thanks for the feedback.

- bobrap - 2010-01-19

Tried my little test today and the only shows that were picked up were those without season sub folders.
My setup:
T:\TV\Show Name\Season #\Show Name - SxxExx - Episode Title.mkv