Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- burritoboy9984 - 2010-01-25

I tried inside xbmc and when you have the year in the folder name it doesn't seem to ignore the articles...

Also olympia... they are set to ignore the sort tokens... In the list of movies in emm they are sorted correctly... however in xbmc they are not... Any other ideas?

-Erik

- Background - 2010-01-25

Hi,

i have test the r1102 and i am very impressed. Wonderfull.

One question Confused How i could now export the collected data from EMM to XBMC? Huh

regards

- RuiF - 2010-01-25

Hi,

With the stated naming scheme most of my TV Shows don't even get detected (witch I think eliminates the TVDB being down issue). So, I'll be waiting for you to run some tests on that.

Regarding the handler issue, I mean that you could kill the "focus property" from the movie search window when the EMM is getting the poster and fanart pictures. It's very anoing because this operation usually takes some time (depending of course on your internet access) and you can't do nothing on the remaing movie entries until this operation is complete. Please note that this waiting time just increases with the amount and the resolution of posters and fanart available for the selected movie. Also if you open another application window just when the poster and fanart scrape is about to begin, both windows get "locked". You won't be able to access the other application window until the current scrape operation ends.

Best regards,

Rui

nul7 Wrote:That file naming scheme should work just fine with the default filters/regex. I'll run some tests to see what could be the problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "get off the handle focus of the movie search window". Are you talking about the window with search results? That has to be modal, because it's waiting for you to select the proper movie from the results.

Nope. Ember doesn't scrape the site, it sends/receives data via their API. The API has its own database, separate from the main site, that is synchronized periodically. So just because you see something on the main site, doesn't necessarily mean it will be available through the API... it may be a day or two before the items get synced (unless, of course, there is a problem with the API or sync or database or whatever... but either way, it's out of our control).

- steelman1991 - 2010-01-25

Burritoboy9984 - Have a read at this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57492&highlight=sort+tokens - might be worth checking you don't have any alternative sort option turned on in the GUI, other than sort by name - ie:- do you have sort by year turned on?

I have my folders listed with the year in parenthesis and XBMC has no issues ignoring the sort tokens, though I did add 'a' and 'an' to the list of titles to be sort ignored in the advancedsettings xml.

See this on the wiki also - http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsettings.xml#.3Csorttokens.3E

- burritoboy9984 - 2010-01-25

I'm not in library mode... Are you?

-Erik

- nul7 - 2010-01-25

Background Wrote:Hi,

i have test the r1102 and i am very impressed. Wonderfull.

One question Confused How i could now export the collected data from EMM to XBMC? Huh

regards

Ember creates all the necessary files next to the movie files. When you update the library in XBMC it will automatically read the files Ember has created instead of scraping on its own. If the movies are already in XBMC's library, you'll either need to refresh each movie one by one or set the content of the source to none, then back to movies to have it reload all movies.

burritoboy9984 Wrote:I'm not in library mode... Are you?

-Erik

Well, that explains it. lol There's not really a point to using Ember with XBMC if you're not going to use library mode. Wink Add all your files to XBMC's library... you'll wonder why you went so long without doing so.

- kschreiber7 - 2010-01-25

nul7 Wrote:Another round of test builds on [url]I'll use kschreiber's setup as an example:

In this case, you could do the following:

Season Regex: ^(?<season>[0-9]+)\.[0-9]+\.
Retrieve From: File Name

Episode Regex: \.(?<episode>[0-9]+)\.
Retrieve From: Result

This will run the season regex against the file name and return a result of 01.01. with the first 01 being the season group. Then the episode regex will run off of that result and return the second 01.

The Season regex must contain a <season> group name and the Episode regex must contain an <episode> group name. The season regex runs first. "Retrieve From" is what the pattern is run against. So if you set the season "retrieve" to "Directory Name", it will try to find a match on the folder name... if you set it to "File Name", it will try to find a match on the file name. The episode "retrieve" is similar, except it also has the option to run on the result from the season regex.

Hope all that makes sense. If you have trouble figuring out a custom regex for your shows, just let me know.

I'm still not getting any results from the custom regex you provided. I loaded buil 1152 and tried it again. I cannot find any information in the log either about what is wrong.

I am using:

Season Match Regex:
^(?<season>[0-9]+)\.[0-9]+\. Retrieve from File

Episode Match Regex:
\.(?<episode>[0-9]+)\. Retrieve from Result

Can you help me resolve this or is there instructions on how to program a regex?

Thanks.

- nul7 - 2010-01-25

kschreiber7 Wrote:I'm still not getting any results from the custom regex you provided. I loaded buil 1152 and tried it again. I cannot find any information in the log either about what is wrong.

I am using:

Season Match Regex:
^(?<season>[0-9]+)\.[0-9]+\. Retrieve from File

Episode Match Regex:
\.(?<episode>[0-9]+)\. Retrieve from Result

Can you help me resolve this or is there instructions on how to program a regex?

Thanks.

I just set up a dummy directory and added the same regex... worked perfectly. What are you adding as the source?

- nul7 - 2010-01-25

RuiF Wrote:Hi,

With the stated naming scheme most of my TV Shows don't even get detected (witch I think eliminates the TVDB being down issue). So, I'll be waiting for you to run some tests on that.

Regarding the handler issue, I mean that you could kill the "focus property" from the movie search window when the EMM is getting the poster and fanart pictures. It's very anoing because this operation usually takes some time (depending of course on your internet access) and you can't do nothing on the remaing movie entries until this operation is complete. Please note that this waiting time just increases with the amount and the resolution of posters and fanart available for the selected movie. Also if you open another application window just when the poster and fanart scrape is about to begin, both windows get "locked". You won't be able to access the other application window until the current scrape operation ends.

Best regards,

Rui

Ok... I see what the problem is. You have the video files in a sub directory of the seasons folder.... meaning they are 2 levels deep. Do you use this structure with XBMC? And everything works fine? I don't use TV shows with XBMC, so everything I do is based on the wiki or user comments... and so far I've seen no mention of XBMC scanning more than 1 folder deep in a show folder.

EDIT: And I also set the dialogs to activate only after the images have finished downloading.

- Background - 2010-01-25

wow Nod Great work. Not one film which is not found. I could edit etc.

n1

Now i will try the beta build for TV shows Big Grin

- nul7 - 2010-01-25

Background Wrote:wow Nod Great work. Not one film which is not found. I could edit etc.

n1

Now i will try the beta build for TV shows Big Grin

Excellent... glad to hear. TV Shows is not much to look at at the moment. It just loads them into the database and displays them. I hope to have basic editing done in a day or two, then on to scraping. But that's probably going to be a major undertaking as we plan to add some functionality and improvements to the movie scrapers at the same time.

- coendeurloo - 2010-01-25

Everything seems to be working fine in the latest build.

I would still like to see an option to get a checkmark in the trailer field when there is only a link inserted, I still have no idea which movies have a trailer and which don't.

- steelman1991 - 2010-01-25

burritoboy9984 Wrote:I'm not in library mode... Are you?

-Erik

Yes - why would anyone run in 'file' mode - that's where all the fun is Laugh

From reading last night, don't think 'ignore sort' was ever supported in file format, therefore I have to assume that at some point you've changed from 'library to file' if you previously had it working.

- RuiF - 2010-01-25

Hi,

I haven't used TV Shows yet with XBMC. I was thinking of making the TV Shows "debut" with EMM. So, are you saying that I can't use the mentioned structure ? Everything must be one level deep or can I go around this with a proper filter ?

Also, have you already been able to check the movie count issue (see post #3162) ?

Thanks for the dialog issue.

Best regards,

Rui

nul7 Wrote:Ok... I see what the problem is. You have the video files in a sub directory of the seasons folder.... meaning they are 2 levels deep. Do you use this structure with XBMC? And everything works fine? I don't use TV shows with XBMC, so everything I do is based on the wiki or user comments... and so far I've seen no mention of XBMC scanning more than 1 folder deep in a show folder.

EDIT: And I also set the dialogs to activate only after the images have finished downloading.

- TugboatBill - 2010-01-25

Remove the source, re add it, rescan.