Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- kschreiber7 - 2010-01-25

nul7 Wrote:I just set up a dummy directory and added the same regex... worked perfectly. What are you adding as the source?

For my example:

R:\The_Sopranos\01.01.The.Sopranos.VOB
R:\The_Sopranos\01.01.The.Sopranos.nfo
R:\The_Sopranos\01.01.The.Sopranos.tbn

I am adding R:\The_Sopranos as the source. Do I need to back up a level and just add R:?

- nul7 - 2010-01-25

coendeurloo Wrote:Everything seems to be working fine in the latest build.

I would still like to see an option to get a checkmark in the trailer field when there is only a link inserted, I still have no idea which movies have a trailer and which don't.

The checkboxes are meant to be related to files in the directory, not necessarily what content the movie contains. I suppose it can be an option though... we've gotten quite a few requests for it.

RuiF Wrote:I haven't used TV Shows yet with XBMC. I was thinking of making the TV Shows "debut" with EMM. So, are you saying that I can't use the mentioned structure ? Everything must be one level deep or can I go around this with a proper filter ?

kschreiber7 Wrote:For my example:

R:\The_Sopranos\01.01.The.Sopranos.VOB
R:\The_Sopranos\01.01.The.Sopranos.nfo
R:\The_Sopranos\01.01.The.Sopranos.tbn

I am adding R:\The_Sopranos as the source. Do I need to back up a level and just add R:?

From the XBMC Wiki:
Quote:Directory layout example:

Code:
TV Shows
     |----TV Show 1
     |       |___ TV Show 1 Media files
     |
     |----TV Show 2
     |       |___ TV Show 2 Media files
     |
      ----TV Show 3
             |___ TV Show 3 Media files

Where Content is Set on the top level "TV Shows" folder. You can have different seasons in different season subfolders under the individual TV Show folders if it suits you. XBMC does not use them, but they do not cause issues either.

This is what I based the scanning code on. So, RuiF, you'll have to get rid of the sub-directories of the season folders and kschreiber you'll need to add "R:/" as the source.

Eventually, when we get the renaming portion done, we can just have it scan for any video files in the TV source and have Ember move them to the proper structure.

RuiF Wrote:Also, have you already been able to check the movie count issue (see post #3162) ?

Yeah... shouldn't happen any more.

- andyblac - 2010-01-26

this how i have my tvshows setup for use with XBMC scrapping,

E:
---> TVSHOWS
-------> "Doctor Who (2005)" (tvshow folder name)
------------> tvshow.nfo (tvshow info)
------------> fanart.jpg (tvshow fanart)
------------> folder.jpg (tvshow thumb)
------------> season1.tbn (season1 thumb)
------------> season2.tbn (season2 thumb), etc (all stored in tvshow folder)

------------> SEASON 1 (season number folder name)
-----------------> fanart.jpg (season 1 unique fanart) this is a MUST for me as XBMC uses it as default if it is there Smile
-----------------> folder.jpg (same as season1.tbn)
-----------------> Doctor Who (2005) - S01E01 - Rose.mkv
-----------------> Doctor Who (2005) - S01E01 - Rose.nfo (episode info)
-----------------> Doctor Who (2005) - S01E01 - Rose.tbn (episode thumb), etc. (all stored in season folder)

------------> SEASON 2 (season number folder name)
-----------------> fanart.jpg (season 2 unique fanart) this is a MUST for me as XBMC uses it as default if it is there Smile
-----------------> folder.jpg (same as season2.tbn)
-----------------> Doctor Who (2005) - S02E01 - New Earth.mkv
-----------------> Doctor Who (2005) - S02E01 - New Earth.nfo (episode info)
-----------------> Doctor Who (2005) - S02E01 - New Earth.tbn (episode thumb), etc. (all stored in season folder)

i hope this will be supported, or i will not be-able to use EMM for my tvshows and i will have to stick with doing them manually Sad

- RuiF - 2010-01-26

Hi nul7,

Thanks for your answer on that. I'll change my TV Shows structure asap. I'm starting to spread the word about EMM and for what I have already noticed, several persons (me included) would like to ask you if the following "nice to have" features are possible:

- Place a larger poster and resize the fanart according to the remaining area that you get after increase/ decrease the metadata "window" (some times the pictures are scraped with errors - this happens very often with high resolution pictures - and you can only see that after loading thru XBMC because the poster is too small and the fanart is covered with some metadata and also with the genre icons
- Use the menu genre option not only to hide/ show the genre string but also the genre icons (in order to get a proper view of the fanart)
- Enable to choose a few more fields to output to the Export List (for example the IMDB score). This could be very handy when exchanging movie info
- Get a proper place for your latest test releases (I've founded r1152 completely random and I haven't been able to find r1156 yet).

Thanks and best regards,

RuiF

nul7 Wrote:The checkboxes are meant to be related to files in the directory, not necessarily what content the movie contains. I suppose it can be an option though... we've gotten quite a few requests for it.

From the XBMC Wiki:

This is what I based the scanning code on. So, RuiF, you'll have to get rid of the sub-directories of the season folders and kschreiber you'll need to add "R:/" as the source.

Eventually, when we get the renaming portion done, we can just have it scan for any video files in the TV source and have Ember move them to the proper structure.

Yeah... shouldn't happen any more.

- coendeurloo - 2010-01-26

The trailers still get broken after an update...it's really weird. All of a sudden the trailer links don't link to the mp4 anymore. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this one. Could anyone test this? I'm talking about adding streaming trailers, not the local ones. A bruno trailer worked the first time, the second time the link is broken.

It has made this link: http://v6.lscache5.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?ip=0.0.0.0&sparams=id%2Cexpire%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Cratebypass&itag=22&ipbits=0&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&expire=1264381200&key=yt1&signature=4B4031E5336AEE9507A3420368EFC4DC7EB62D6C.ACBC3034BB19235C774D7C06C5E825BDC511C70F&id=bf81277873eeea2f&title=Bruno+-+Official+Trailer+2009+(HD+%26+169)

I see IP=0.0.0.0 in that link, maybe that is the culprit?

- nul7 - 2010-01-26

andyblac Wrote:this how i have my tvshows setup for use with XBMC scrapping,

...snip...

i hope this will be supported, or i will not be-able to use EMM for my tvshows and i will have to stick with doing them manually Sad

That structure/naming is already supported. Wink

RuiF Wrote:Hi nul7,

Thanks for your answer on that. I'll change my TV Shows structure asap. I'm starting to spread the word about EMM and for what I have already noticed, several persons (me included) would like to ask you if the following "nice to have" features are possible:

- Place a larger poster and resize the fanart according to the remaining area that you get after increase/ decrease the metadata "window" (some times the pictures are scraped with errors - this happens very often with high resolution pictures - and you can only see that after loading thru XBMC because the poster is too small and the fanart is covered with some metadata and also with the genre icons
- Use the menu genre option not only to hide/ show the genre string but also the genre icons (in order to get a proper view of the fanart)
- Enable to choose a few more fields to output to the Export List (for example the IMDB score). This could be very handy when exchanging movie info
- Get a proper place for your latest test releases (I've founded r1152 completely random and I haven't been able to find r1156 yet).

Thanks and best regards,

RuiF

1 & 2> You can set the poster display to whatever size you want in the theme, and you can double click the poster or fanart to see them full size (In both the main display and the image selection window).

3> Rating is already supported by the exporter. These are the available fields:

<$MOVIE_PATH>
<$POSTER_FILE>
<$FANART_FILE>
<$MOVIENAME>
<$ACTORS>
<$DIRECTOR>
<$CERTIFICATION>
<$IMDBID>
<$MPAA>
<$RELEASEDATE>
<$RUNTIME>
<$TAGLINE>
<$RATING>
<$VOTES>
<$LISTTITLE>
<$YEAR>
<$COUNT>
<$FILENAME>
<$DIRNAME>
<$OUTLINE>
<$PLOT>
<$GENRES>
<$VIDEO>
<$VIDEO_DIMENSIONS>
<$AUDIO>
<$FLAG_VRES>
<$FLAG_VSOURCE>
<$FLAG_VTYPE>
<$FLAG_ATYPE>
<$FLAG_ACHAN>

4> If you want different versions than the ones I post on mediafire, you'll need to build from SVN yourself. If I build it, it goes to mediafire. I'm not building/posting test builds for every commit I do to the SVN, so if you're getting test versions from elsewhere that were not posted to mediafire, I didn't build them. Official releases will always be posted on embermm/google code.

coendeurloo Wrote:The trailers still get broken after an update...it's really weird. All of a sudden the trailer links don't link to the mp4 anymore. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this one. Could anyone test this? I'm talking about adding streaming trailers, not the local ones. A bruno trailer worked the first time, the second time the link is broken.

It has made this link: http://v6.lscache5.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?ip=0.0.0.0&sparams=id%2Cexpire%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Cratebypass&itag=22&ipbits=0&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&expire=1264381200&key=yt1&signature=4B4031E5336AEE9507A3420368EFC4DC7EB62D6C.ACBC3034BB19235C774D7C06C5E825BDC511C70F&id=bf81277873eeea2f&title=Bruno+-+Official+Trailer+2009+(HD+%26+169)

I see IP=0.0.0.0 in that link, maybe that is the culprit?

What version are you using and what are the steps you are taking to get the trailer links?

- jmartin147 - 2010-01-26

nul7 Wrote:I made a lot of changes to the sets manager today... including lots of bug fixes, improvements, and all of the features people have asked for so far.

I'm not sure what you mean with the $M switch. Are you talking about the renamer?? If so, you would need to do something like "$M\$T".

I made some changes to the trailer downloader to hopefully improve user friendliness, as well as add some more functionality.

You could use the custom scraper... it won't do specific to "missing studio" but you could scrape all movies for just studios, for example.

Make sure mediainfo.dll is inside the Bin folder in the Ember directory. Also, if you're trying to get flags from disc images (iso, bin, etc), you'll need the older version of the dll. A download link for it is in the first post of this thread.

That's a problem with the TMDB API, not with Ember. It's either a caching issue or something is wrong with the API.

1> There have been quite a few changes to the movies side. I'll need more info than "acting funny" to be able to help you with your problem though. lol

2> Ember does not write anything outside it's own directory, aside from the nfo, poster, fanart, etc files.

3> Either will work.

Thanks Nul7, I ended up just having to delete out all my old files and start from scratch to get it working again. My library is finally coming together, but I'm having trouble with multiple disc movies. I store and save them as iso files in what I understand is the correct naming convention. They stack correctly in XBMC but when I go to play the movie XBMC just freezes, and I have to kill it in the task manager. Below is how I have it named.

fear.and.loathing.in.las.vegas.1998.sddvd\
fear.and.loathing.in.las.vegas.1998.cd1.sddvd.iso
fear.and.loathing.in.las.vegas.1998.cd2.sddvd.iso

You seem to be someone who knows alot about this so I figured I'd ask. Thanks

Proxy with ember? - guyf - 2010-01-26

Hi There,

I was updating my database at home all files reside on a qnap in raid 5.

Everything went fine...although I had a little problem with "The Final Cut.ISO", but I managed with changed movie and choose myself the right movie title.

At work, behind a proxy I couldn't do this at my Backup files witch reside on a USB drive.

I also Noticed that I couldn't update other movies like "TimeCrimes" (Spanish original title ).

I have internet connection and can mannualy look up the movies in imdb and http://www.themoviedb.org/

What am I doing wrong?

Kind Regards
Guy Forssman

- coendeurloo - 2010-01-26

nul7 Wrote:\
What version are you using and what are the steps you are taking to get the trailer links?

I had the same issue with the latest official version as well as the latest beta that I'm running now.

The steps I take; When I have faulty trailers, I check all the checkboxes so it also overwrites trailers and deletes existing ones.

After that I disable the last two settings so it won't touch the previously generated trailers, which are fine when I test them.

But unfortunatly it does. After I updated my library in XBMC it works fine, but the second time I use Ember (to add a movie for example) and update my library again in XBMC the trailer links are all broken, except the ones that point to a local trailer.

- Background - 2010-01-26

Hi,

how i have do update the XBMC database correctly?

This is my way but i not all posters will be used correctly, it seems that xbmc donwload it from the web and dont use the *.jpg into the folders.

1. Use EMM and collect th data for my folder c:\videos
1.a) now into the folder c:\videos i could see the film.jpg and film.nfo
2. start xbmc: add source c:\videos
3. select imdb (for example) for scraper (without selecting i could not update the folder !)
4. now start the update for the folder via xbmc

But often xbmc uses another poster than the jpg into the video folder. I dont no why... Eek

regards

- MrDVD - 2010-01-26

I use:
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>.tbn
folder.jpg

inside EMM as names and this way it works.

So maybe you have to switch from movie.jpg to movie.tbn or <movie>.tbn

- sphere - 2010-01-26

Hi all,

I have many files in mkv-Containers. MKV Containers are able to store subtitles. I know you are using mediainfo to get the metadata, I have the mediainfo binary for linux and there I am able to see if there is a subtitle in a mkv File:
Text
ID : 3
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Title : Forced
Language : German

Is it possible that EMM can accept those subtitle in mkv containers?

Regards
sphere

- olympia - 2010-01-26

sphere Wrote:Hi all,

I have many files in mkv-Containers. MKV Containers are able to store subtitles. I know you are using mediainfo to get the metadata, I have the mediainfo binary for linux and there I am able to see if there is a subtitle in a mkv File:
Text
ID : 3
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Title : Forced
Language : German

Is it possible that EMM can accept those subtitle in mkv containers?

Regards
sphere

What do you mean on accept?
If you mean check the subtitle checkbox next to the movie, then no, it is not possible. Those checkboxes are for accompanying files only.

But Ember is also displaying the subtitles if you extracted metadata from the movie.

- FidoFuz - 2010-01-26

andyblac Wrote:------------> season1.tbn (season1 thumb)
I think XBMC now exports the season thumbs as "season01.tbn", etc., and therefore EMM currently accepts only this naming.

At the moment, however, there is a bug in XBMC which is exporting all the TV shows to the root of the source folder instead the root of the TV show folder and I suspect when that is fixed and you export your library you might end up with "season1.tbn" and "season01.tbn", although I may be off the mark here.

andyblac Wrote:------------> SEASON 1 (season number folder name)
-----------------> fanart.jpg (season 1 unique fanart) this is a MUST for me as XBMC uses it as default if it is there Smile
A new one on me, didn't know season fanart was possible as the scrapers in XBMC do not seems to create this data.

andyblac Wrote:-----------------> folder.jpg (same as season1.tbn)
Is this used by XBMC in library mode. I can see it may be used in file mode.

andyblac Wrote:i hope this will be supported, or i will not be-able to use EMM for my tvshows and i will have to stick with doing them manually Sad
Well, apart from the minor issues I raised EMM already supports the file structure you described, give the TVShow test build a test drive.

- andyblac - 2010-01-26

FidoFuz Wrote:At the moment, however, there is a bug in XBMC which is exporting all the TV shows to the root of the source folder instead the root of the TV show folder and I suspect when that is fixed and you export your library you might end up with "season1.tbn" and "season01.tbn", although I may be off the mark here.

ok, not done an export for a while, as i have said atm i do mostly manually.

FidoFuz Wrote:A new one on me, didn't know season fanart was possible as the scrapers in XBMC do not seems to create this data.

XBMC does not scrape them, but if you add them manually it will use them.

FidoFuz Wrote:Is this used by XBMC in library mode. I can see it may be used in file mode.

i have found that folder.jpg 's override the TBN files.

FidoFuz Wrote:Well, apart from the minor issues I raised EMM already supports the file structure you described, give the TVShow test build a test drive.

will do, as i cant build it myself as i use parallels (i use a mac) for use with EMM, this the main reason i do must things manuallly.