Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- RKMFlorida - 2010-02-01

Quote:1) ... Then with this ID you can use "Movie.getInfo" to get the youtube trailer url.
...snip...
2) A option for Ember to "tick the trailer box" if trailer URL'S are found, not just local trailers.

Both really great suggestions that I've wondered about as well. Give this a +1 from me as well!

On a separate note... Did you notice the feature request mention about running persistently (in-tray, as a service, etc)? If you're moving towards TV management, where things change hourly, this is very valuable.

- nul7 - 2010-02-01

stanley87 Wrote:Hi Guys,

1st off - great work with ember! WOW

Couple of things id love to see.
1)
Quite often Ember won't find a trailer for my movies. I read earlier posts and read this is due to failed searches.
However, I see the TMDB API has a "Movie.imdbLookup" method.
This does not return the trailer url, but does return the TMDB ID.
Then with this ID you can use "Movie.getInfo" to get the youtube trailer url.
It does require an extra step, but when you think about it, both these 2 methods return a single result, where as searching returns many. So the time difference may not be that significant. You could always make it an extra option.
At present, I have resulted to writing a python script to do the above, but would love to see it in Ember.

2)
A option for Ember to "tick the trailer box" if trailer URL'S are found, not just local trailers.

Any news on how is that IMDB ID Trailer link website coming along?

Thanks!

1> That's exactly how it's done already (if you enable "Youtube/TMDB", of course). lol Sometimes the API is not fully synced with the website data so even if the website displays a trailer, it does not necessarily mean the API will contain the same link. And on the same hand, the link that is currently in the API may no longer be a link to a valid, existing video on YouTube. There's nothing we can do about it.

2> That's a pretty common feature request (along with ticking the subs box if internal subs are found)... just haven't gotten around to adding it yet. Someday....

- matthuisman - 2010-02-01

OH THANKS!
So, do they update the API every couple of days or something?
As, i added a couple of trailers to TMDB and ember still won't pick them up.
Maybe even a backup straight scraper could be added to Ember?
That actually goes to the tmdb url and checks for the youtube url on that page if one is not found in the getinfo api method?
I would post an example but TMDB is down at present Sad

I may have a play with the ember source tonight and see if I can add the trailer flagging for urls.
Im not that familiar with VB but it cant be 2 different to python/php etc.

If you could point me to a relevant file, that would save me hunting... Big Grin

- SweetS2K - 2010-02-01

Hi. Nice program! R1102 is working great for me.

Anytime we'll see a pre-built exe with TV show support?

I'm also seeing issues with the Bulk Rename Tool... it seems to be having problems matching certian files after the "." seperator. Still trying to look for a pattern, but under certain circumstances it seems to be matching ".d" and ".a"... so my original files look like "filename vi" or "filename vd". Wondering if there's a matching string I can modify, it looks like the only option is to delete and re-create.

Thanks!

- CorpseTumor - 2010-02-01

I dont know if this is a known issue or not, but when generating thumbnails for .m2ts files all im getting is a grey image with some pixelation.

- coendeurloo - 2010-02-02

nul7 Wrote:<snip>

2> That's a pretty common feature request (along with ticking the subs box if internal subs are found)... just haven't gotten around to adding it yet. Someday....

You might want to leave the Youtube streaming feature out completely as it does not work (well, not longer than 1 day that is).

- nul7 - 2010-02-02

stanley87 Wrote:OH THANKS!
So, do they update the API every couple of days or something?
As, i added a couple of trailers to TMDB and ember still won't pick them up.
Maybe even a backup straight scraper could be added to Ember?
That actually goes to the tmdb url and checks for the youtube url on that page if one is not found in the getinfo api method?
I would post an example but TMDB is down at present Sad

I may have a play with the ember source tonight and see if I can add the trailer flagging for urls.
Im not that familiar with VB but it cant be 2 different to python/php etc.

If you could point me to a relevant file, that would save me hunting... Big Grin

It can take up to 3 or 4 days for the API to sync with the website... there is more info about the API in the TMDB forums. If we made a web scraper for TMDB, our API key would be banned as it is against their TOS.

SweetS2K Wrote:Hi. Nice program! R1102 is working great for me.

Anytime we'll see a pre-built exe with TV show support?

I'm also seeing issues with the Bulk Rename Tool... it seems to be having problems matching certian files after the "." seperator. Still trying to look for a pattern, but under certain circumstances it seems to be matching ".d" and ".a"... so my original files look like "filename vi" or "filename vd". Wondering if there's a matching string I can modify, it looks like the only option is to delete and re-create.

Thanks!

There are some old test builds posted on http://www.mediafire.com/embermm... but they're pretty buggy.

The renamer problem has already been fixed. Wink

CorpseTumor Wrote:I dont know if this is a known issue or not, but when generating thumbnails for .m2ts files all im getting is a grey image with some pixelation.

It's a known issue, and is a bug with ffmpeg, not when Ember.

coendeurloo Wrote:You might want to leave the Youtube streaming feature out completely as it does not work (well, not longer than 1 day that is).

It's already coded... might as well leave it in. *shrug* You can always use the trailer links from IMDB, although they're not the best quality and much of the time there aren't any available. lol

- osli - 2010-02-02

nul7 Wrote:It seems you're doing things right (set source content to none then back to movies).... maybe you're not using XBMC compatible file names?? What file names do you have selected in settings for nfo, poster, fanart, etc?

For the "Initiate XBMC Update" button, you need to make sure the webserver is enabled and working in XBMC then add the information to Ember. For a local installation, just use 127.0.0.1 for the ip.

Thanks nul7. When I set source content to none, my movies didn't even show up in the library view. I name my .iso backups to just the plain movie name, no extra stuff about resolution or format or anything like that.

So, for example, the movie "Batman" is in a folder named "Batman." Inside that folder I have:
Batman.iso
Batman.nfo
Batman.tbn
Batman.jpg
Batman.fanart.jpg
Batman-fanart.jpg
Batman-trailer.mp4
movie.nfo

I keep looking in the wiki for info on naming conventions etc., but I swear I have a hard time finding stuff in there.

Maybe I'm just missing a simple step in the process. Could you give a short rundown of the steps, like "add source - set content to none..."?

- nul7 - 2010-02-02

osli Wrote:Thanks nul7. When I set source content to none, my movies didn't even show up in the library view. I name my .iso backups to just the plain movie name, no extra stuff about resolution or format or anything like that.

So, for example, the movie "Batman" is in a folder named "Batman." Inside that folder I have:
Batman.iso
Batman.nfo
Batman.tbn
Batman.jpg
Batman.fanart.jpg
Batman-fanart.jpg
Batman-trailer.mp4
movie.nfo

I keep looking in the wiki for info on naming conventions etc., but I swear I have a hard time finding stuff in there.

Maybe I'm just missing a simple step in the process. Could you give a short rundown of the steps, like "add source - set content to none..."?

if you're adding the source for the first time, you can set the content to "movies".... if you already have a source with movies in it, you need to set it to "none" to clear it out, then back to "movies" to have it reload all the movies. You have all the right files.... you can actually get rid of some of those and just use:

Batman.iso
Batman.tbn
Batman-fanart.jpg (or fanart.jpg)
Batman-trailer.mp4
movie.nfo

- matthuisman - 2010-02-02

coendeurloo Wrote:You might want to leave the Youtube streaming feature out completely as it does not work (well, not longer than 1 day that is).

I assume this is due to the "token" issue?
So, theres no good way yet to stream trailers in XBMC?
It would be good if XBMC could take just the normal youtube url and get a token when you launch the trailer

stanley87 Wrote:I assume this is due to the "token" issue?
So, theres no good way yet to stream trailers in XBMC?
It would be good if XBMC could take just the normal youtube url and get a token when you launch the trailer

I already asked for this (see the ignored post here), but I think it would be a collaboration between ember and the skin makers, which basically means 'not gonna happen'.

Nul7, I would strongly suggest leaving out the function of streaming youtube trailers, or else you will get lots of confused people (like me) spamming this thread. Why leave in functionality that's obviously broken? Either fix it or leave it out is my opinion Smile

- olympia - 2010-02-02

coendeurloo Wrote:I already asked for this (see the ignored post here), but I think it would be a collaboration between ember and the skin makers, which basically means 'not gonna happen'.

We cannot respond on every single post, you shouldn't expect that. Especially if it is about something, which obviously cannot happen.
First of all, it's nothing to do with skins. It would need to be developed on XBMC level. There is no need for any collaboration here. As soon as XBMC could fetch a token based on the normal youtube url, this issue had gone. Thus this feature request needs to be raised for xbmc developers.
Secondly, xbmc devs are not supporting the use of any Media Managers. They say, xbmc has it's own scrapers, there is no need for 3rd party media managers. They are just tolerating them. So even if there was a need for collaboration(which is not the case), it wouldn't happen.

coendeurloo Wrote:Nul7, I would strongly suggest leaving out the function of streaming youtube trailers, or else you will get lots of confused people (like me) spamming this thread. Why leave in functionality that's obviously broken? Either fix it or leave it out is my opinion Smile

Yes, we need to think about that. I agree that saving youtube URLs to nfo will confuse users. Actually Ember only supports imdb/youtube trailers, but there should be a feature to manually enter any permanent direct link (not youtube obviously) and save it to nfo for streaming purposes, where we can use this piece of code. We will discuss this and come up with an idea...

olympia Wrote:We cannot respond on every single post, you shouldn't expect that. Especially if it is about something, which obviously cannot happen.
First of all, it's nothing to do with skins. It would need to be developed on XBMC level. There is no need for any collaboration here. As soon as XBMC could fetch a token based on the normal youtube url, this issue had gone. Thus this feature request needs to be raised for xbmc developers.
Secondly, xbmc devs are not supporting the use of any Media Managers. They say, xbmc has it's own scrapers, there is no need for 3rd party media managers. They are just tolerating them. So even if there was a need for collaboration(which is not the case), it wouldn't happen.

Yes, we need to think about that. I agree that saving youtube URLs to nfo will confuse users. Actually Ember only supports imdb/youtube trailers, but there should be a feature to manually enter any permanent direct link (not youtube obviously) and save it to nfo for streaming purposes, where we can use this piece of code. We will discuss this and come up with an idea...

Too bad it can't be done...As I've said before it would probably be against Youtube's current terms anyway...The Popcorn Hour had to remove youtube support, and I think it's the same story with the Xtreamer.

Setting a custom link would be awesome...could it link to mov file from Apple trailers too? Because with the use of a greasemonkey script it's relatively easy to get the .mov link. For as far as I can see, it does not have any randomness in the link...so it's permanent.

- blaize - 2010-02-02

When can we expect another beta Build? I've gone through several other media managers these last few days but none of them can handle series with only one season.
now i know that EMM doesnt have TVDB scraping (yet!, saw that someone was working on it) but episode editing is available it seems.
I would be VERY gratefull if you could release another beta build, that way i can finally get my series library in order again Smile

- retro83 - 2010-02-02

Is there any way to prevent any URLs being written into the .NFOs?

I've selected the 'Do not save image urls in NFOs' option, but having re-scraped and winmerged the output I can't see any changes (and besides it wouldn't prevent links to actors profiles etc being put in the file).

I have a very slow connection here (hence my use of EMM) so I want to avoid XBMC doing any http lookups where possible.

Thanks very much. Wink

Edit: In case anybody else finds this via google, workaround is to do "find & replace in files" with notepad++ in regex mode for <thumb>.*</thumb>