Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- Beatzeps08 - 2010-02-04

gmk2 Wrote:If the show has not been scraped before, I would suggest a prompt to confirm the correct show and then to select the fanart / thumb. This gets important when series are remade (a popular trend now) and the scrapers invariably think the show is the original from 1967. I also find I change the fanart and thumb for pretty much every show (at the show level) given the many choices available. This could be an option for those who trust scrapers to get it right, or just default behavior for an unknown show.

For season thumbs, perhaps a user option to say if they want to confirm the thumb (I personally don't worry too much about season thumbs). For episodes, I would be more than happy to just scrape all automagically - do people really want to choose alternate thumbs for "season 3 episode 12"?
Totally agree with gmk2

- coendeurloo - 2010-02-04

So, apparently it wasn't an "obviously cannot happen"-situation to include a streaming Youtube trailer Wink

Good to see!

- olympia - 2010-02-04

coendeurloo Wrote:So, apparently it wasn't an "obviously cannot happen"-situation to include a streaming Youtube trailer Wink

Good to see!

Well, I am not saying it won't do it, but this is a third party non-official solution. You're not comparing apple to apple here.

- coendeurloo - 2010-02-04

olympia Wrote:Well, I am not saying it won't do it, but this is a third party non-official solution. You're not comparing apple to apple here.

Yes you are absolutely right, I hope you take no offense as I wasn't directing that comment at you. Nonetheless, I'm glad you were wrong about the 'obviously cannot happen' part Wink.

- fnwc - 2010-02-05

gmk2 Wrote:If the show has not been scraped before, I would suggest a prompt to confirm the correct show and then to select the fanart / thumb. This gets important when series are remade (a popular trend now) and the scrapers invariably think the show is the original from 1967. I also find I change the fanart and thumb for pretty much every show (at the show level) given the many choices available. This could be an option for those who trust scrapers to get it right, or just default behavior for an unknown show.

For season thumbs, perhaps a user option to say if they want to confirm the thumb (I personally don't worry too much about season thumbs). For episodes, I would be more than happy to just scrape all automagically - do people really want to choose alternate thumbs for "season 3 episode 12"?

I agree. Although I think it should prompt you through fanart and season thumbs (season-01.tbn), so that it behaves in the same way as movies. That way you keep the current expected behavior from the UI. Edit: Of course, it would streamline the process if you could choose the season-all, season-00 ... season-xy on a single page somehow, rather than (xy+2) different popups.

I don't think you should bother choosing episode thumbs though, as usually there is only 1 anyway.

- matthuisman - 2010-02-05

YouTailer Version 0.0.1
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=502036#post502036

At present, it doesn't check XBMC DB etc first.
I want to write a good "url error checker", so it doesn't waste time trying a outdated scanned .nfo url (for people who arn't using latest Ember SVN version to get "normal" youtube urls')

More updates to come over the next week!

Tested on PC & XBOX

- steve1977 - 2010-02-06

I just noticed that I have 981 folders with movies, but only 973 movies showing up in EMM. I believe that this is not an EMM fault, but the other 8 folders dont have a proper movie file inside for XBMC/EMM to read.

My question: what would be the easiest way to find what those 8 folders are?

- coendeurloo - 2010-02-06

I'm not sure how the SVN checkout works, I used TortoiseSVN to checkout http://embermediamanager.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

and then I get these files:

When I copy the contents of the "Release Files" folder over to my previous beta version, it overwrites a bunch of files, but when I load up Ember it still says version r1152? Also, I can't find an updated Ember Media Manager.exe in that SVN...I must be doing something wrong Smile

- Walhalla - 2010-02-06

when you checkout the svn trunk you only get the new sources of ember media manager. You still have to compile them with "Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition".

TV show test download - jondr13 - 2010-02-06

Where can I go to download the test version of Ember with TV Show support? I downloaded it one time, and now cant remember where I did it from and I dont see it on the Ember forum.

Thanks in advance!

- krijeck - 2010-02-06

like the application ... had some troubles with different wrong named movies - german movies and german movie names!! but everything fixed!

thanks!

- blaize - 2010-02-06

I've tried compiling EMM from source, but i'm getting around 90 SQLite errors and a few others.
is there a guide for building EMM somewhere?
my guess is i'm missing SQLite, do i need the source of that of will a binary suffice, and how do i set that up in MVB 2008 express edition?

- nitr8 - 2010-02-06

blaize Wrote:I've tried compiling EMM from source, but i'm getting around 90 SQLite errors and a few others.
is there a guide for building EMM somewhere?
my guess is i'm missing SQLite, do i need the source of that of will a binary suffice, and how do i set that up in MVB 2008 express edition?

Read up man, you need to add the references, this has been covered a number of times.

You need to now add the following references:
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
System.Data.SQLite.dll

If you don't know how to do this go to Project --> Ember Media Manager Properties.

Select Reference's, Delete those that are missing and re add them.

Add:

TV show file structure - jondr13 - 2010-02-06

Im at a loss again on the file structure for tv shows. I have always labeled my shows like this:

Band of Brothers (folder)
- Band of Brothers S01E01.Currahee.sddvd.iso

Now when I name a file for a episode, it doesnt pull anything up.

Please tell me what Im doing wrong

THANKS!

- nitr8 - 2010-02-06

jondr13 Wrote:Im at a loss again on the file structure for tv shows. I have always labeled my shows like this:

Band of Brothers (folder)
- Band of Brothers S01E01.Currahee.sddvd.iso

Now when I name a file for a episode, it doesnt pull anything up.

Please tell me what Im doing wrong

THANKS!

xbmc suggests
-Band of Brothers
- Series 01
- Band of Brothers S01E01.iso

But also I do not know if EMM will handle .iso so that might also be an issue.