Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- coendeurloo - 2010-02-08

Tolriq Wrote:Here a x86 r1208 build.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lm0y5tywoim

Please don't ask the official team for support about this version Smile

Thanks, much appreciated. The loading of movies is going excellent now and saves me loads of time deleting duplicates.

- strict9 - 2010-02-08

Quick question: None of the changes I make in EMM seem to be "saved" to XBMC, although EMM reads new movies and such from my XBMC fine. Is there some step I'm missing?

Can't seem to find multiple disks - robroy65 - 2010-02-08

I actually installed this program last night and it works great. Love the editing capability, and being able to load your own fanart, thumbnail, etc. Great job on the development! I have 2 questions/issues;

1) I can't seem to get Multiple disc DVD's to pick up in the DB. I.E. Wyatt Earp is a 2 disc movie. Even when I check the option to see Multiple disks, and then re-scan, it still does not show. I am using DVDshrink for ripping, ANYdvd for DRM removal, and XBMC for Windows 7 (Camelot) to display. It all works great. I am ripping in the format of Video_TS under the Movie folder name. For multiple disk DVD's, I use this format: Shrek\Disc 1\Video_TS, and Shrek\Disc 2\Video_TS. When I first went in to scrape, I had to rename "Disc 1"to the Movie since "Disc 1" does not render well in scraping..lol. So, I am not sure what I need to do to correct this, or what I am doing wrong.

2) Is it possible to input the actual barcode of a movie should the scraper not find the correct version?

Thanks much in advance!

- RockDawg - 2010-02-08

strict9 Wrote:Quick question: None of the changes I make in EMM seem to be "saved" to XBMC, although EMM reads new movies and such from my XBMC fine. Is there some step I'm missing?

If the movie was scanned into XBMC's library before you made changes in EMM, then you will need to refresh the movie info in XBMC. To do that, highlight the movie, go into movie info and click on refresh. XBMC doesn't automatically detect changes to nfo files and update the movie. You must do this manually. If you have edited a large amount of movies, the easiest way would b e to delete you db and re-scan everything back into XBMC.

Also, EMM doesn't "read movies from XBMC". It' reads files from whatever location you tell it. It would do it's thing if you didn't have XBMC at all.

- FidoFuz - 2010-02-09

nul7 Wrote:About the test builds: I'm still trying to figure out a user friendly way to display everything during a show scrape... I didn't want to release any more test builds until a basic tvdb scraper is in place.

Maybe a dogs dinner of an un-userfriendly dialog would suffice to start with. I'm sure when users can visualise the information that the dialog must display you'll get better feedback on a decent method for presenting the information.

- nul7 - 2010-02-09

robroy65 Wrote:I actually installed this program last night and it works great. Love the editing capability, and being able to load your own fanart, thumbnail, etc. Great job on the development! I have 2 questions/issues;

1) I can't seem to get Multiple disc DVD's to pick up in the DB. I.E. Wyatt Earp is a 2 disc movie. Even when I check the option to see Multiple disks, and then re-scan, it still does not show. I am using DVDshrink for ripping, ANYdvd for DRM removal, and XBMC for Windows 7 (Camelot) to display. It all works great. I am ripping in the format of Video_TS under the Movie folder name. For multiple disk DVD's, I use this format: Shrek\Disc 1\Video_TS, and Shrek\Disc 2\Video_TS. When I first went in to scrape, I had to rename "Disc 1"to the Movie since "Disc 1" does not render well in scraping..lol. So, I am not sure what I need to do to correct this, or what I am doing wrong.

2) Is it possible to input the actual barcode of a movie should the scraper not find the correct version?

Thanks much in advance!

Enable recursive scanning for the source and it should pick them up. If they don't already have an nfo file, they'll be named "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" in Ember's list, but that will be fixed once you scrape them (you'll have to do a manual scrape and enter a title). Ember and XBMC do not support stacking of rips, so you'll have 2 entries for the movie... keep that in mind.

No barcode support at the moment.

FidoFuz Wrote:Maybe a dogs dinner of an un-userfriendly dialog would suffice to start with. I'm sure when users can visualise the information that the dialog must display you'll get better feedback on a decent method for presenting the information.

I think I have everything worked out... now it's just a matter of working in all the little things and fixing some of the settings.

- strict9 - 2010-02-09

RockDawg Wrote:If the movie was scanned into XBMC's library before you made changes in EMM, then you will need to refresh the movie info in XBMC. To do that, highlight the movie, go into movie info and click on refresh. XBMC doesn't automatically detect changes to nfo files and update the movie. You must do this manually. If you have edited a large amount of movies, the easiest way would b e to delete you db and re-scan everything back into XBMC.

Also, EMM doesn't "read movies from XBMC". It' reads files from whatever location you tell it. It would do it's thing if you didn't have XBMC at all.

Thanks for the response. I'm still a bit confused though. If I go to a movie and refresh, it prompts me to overwrite the local information and choose from the internet instead. That doesn't seem to be what I want though, no?

I considered deleting the db, but it seems like every time XBMC scans a movie first, then I'd have to run EMM, delete the DB, and restart XMBC to get it to have the right info, which seems like a lot of steps.

- CorpseTumor - 2010-02-09

Found a small bug on version r1208, When clicking on the ^ arrow on the info tab, it doesnt get greyed out. So if you click it again it brings the info menu even higher up and just looks grey.

- NasaGeek - 2010-02-09

CorpseTumor Wrote:Found a small bug on version r1208, When clicking on the ^ arrow on the info tab, it doesnt get greyed out. So if you click it again it brings the info menu even higher up and just looks grey.

Report it here

- RockDawg - 2010-02-09

strict9 Wrote:Thanks for the response. I'm still a bit confused though. If I go to a movie and refresh, it prompts me to overwrite the local information and choose from the internet instead. That doesn't seem to be what I want though, no?

I considered deleting the db, but it seems like every time XBMC scans a movie first, then I'd have to run EMM, delete the DB, and restart XBMC to get it to have the right info, which seems like a lot of steps.

Just try refreshing a movie and see If a proper nfo file exists for a movie, XBMC will grab the info from it rather than scrape it from the net. It doesn't matter if you're refreshing a movie's info or scanning it in for the first time.

- strict9 - 2010-02-09

RockDawg Wrote:Just try refreshing a movie and see If a proper nfo file exists for a movie, XBMC will grab the info from it rather than scrape it from the net. It doesn't matter if you're refreshing a movie's info or scanning it in for the first time.

Ok, I tried going into "Movie Info" then "Refresh", and am prompted with the question "Would you like to overwrite local info and scan from the internet instead?"

So I can't seem to refresh from local info.

- olympia - 2010-02-09

strict9 Wrote:Ok, I tried going into "Movie Info" then "Refresh", and am prompted with the question "Would you like to overwrite local info and scan from the internet instead?"

So I can't seem to refresh from local info.

You have to answer "NO" here....

Genre - lucho - 2010-02-10

Has anyone ever had an issue with Genres set to None? Al my movies are marked none for Genre.

Damn this program kicks the ass out of all other scrapers I have tried. Bad ass!!

Thanks

Luis

Edit: Figured it out. Thanks.

- timmaeh - 2010-03-17

Hey Guys,

first of all the EMM is the best media manager ive used and i dont want miss it. But one little thing the templates aren't so good as they could be. So i would like to create my own but i dont know how, so ive made a screenshot of another media manager an this thing looks pretty nice.

Can anyone tell me or help me to create a template wich looks like that?

So that ive got a number a poster the plot an the mediaflags all in a row.

Sorry for my bad english iam from germany Wink.

- nul7 - 2010-03-18

timmaeh Wrote:Hey Guys,

first of all the EMM is the best media manager ive used and i dont want miss it. But one little thing the templates aren't so good as they could be. So i would like to create my own but i dont know how, so ive made a screenshot of another media manager an this thing looks pretty nice.

Can anyone tell me or help me to create a template wich looks like that?

So that ive got a number a poster the plot an the mediaflags all in a row.

Sorry for my bad english iam from germany Wink.

Almost anything is possible... but it's not exactly something anyone can tell you how to do on a forum. lol The only advice I can really give you is to read up on html and javascript coding.