Kodi Community Forum
Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=50348)

- midgetspy - 2009-05-20

nul7 Wrote:Well, if the studio tag says 576p but EMM shows 720p then it's a bug in EMM and not in Aeon. Did you edit the flags.xml or any of the icons?

I didn't want absolutes because what if you had a cropped release that was, say, 1900x800.

EDIT: What, exactly, does the studio tag say?

The studio tag says "576p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / AC-3 / 6ch / eng". In Aeon this shows up as 576p, in EMM it says 720p.

I have almost 600 HD movies and every one has the full horizontal resolution (1280 or 1920). If there is movie that's cropped down from full 1080p to something smaller (even 1900x800) then it isn't full 1080p so IMO it should say 720p anyway.

- nul7 - 2009-05-20

midgetspy Wrote:The studio tag says "576p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / AC-3 / 6ch / eng". In Aeon this shows up as 576p, in EMM it says 720p.

I have almost 600 HD movies and every one has the full horizontal resolution (1280 or 1920). If there is movie that's cropped down from full 1080p to something smaller (even 1900x800) then it isn't full 1080p so IMO it should say 720p anyway.

A lot of bluray movies released these days are 2.35:1/1920x800... and are still considered 1080p. So cropping 10 pix from each side should drop down the descriptor to 720p? Is there a wiki or something somewhere with a if res = this then descriptor = this kinda thing? Guess I need to brush up on this stuff.

As far as the tag saying 576p and the icon in EMM showing 720p, did you happen to edit the Flags.xml or change the icons at all? If not, I need to look into why it's doing that.

- midgetspy - 2009-05-20

nul7 Wrote:A lot of bluray movies released these days are 2.35:1/1920x800... and are still considered 1080p. So cropping 10 pix from each side should drop down the descriptor to 720p? Is there a wiki or something somewhere with a if res = this then descriptor = this kinda thing? Guess I need to brush up on this stuff.

As far as the tag saying 576p and the icon in EMM showing 720p, did you happen to edit the Flags.xml or change the icons at all? If not, I need to look into why it's doing that.

I haven't touched any icons/xml in either Aeon or EMM, nope.

Yes 1920x800 (2.40:1) is 1080p... and yes, 1900x800 is closer to 1080p than 720p but why would a movie ever be that resolution? IMO it is easier to say that if a movie isn't 1920px wide it's not 1080p. Maybe check fekker's MIP source (or just ask him) and see what he does?

- blaize - 2009-05-20

how does the update database function work ?

i've enabled the webserver in XBMC, and in Ember media manager filled in the IP and port number.
perhaps someone can show what they filled in exactly ?

thanks!

- olympia - 2009-05-20

blaize Wrote:how does the update database function work ?

i've enabled the webserver in XBMC, and in Ember media manager filled in the IP and port number.

thanks!

It's not yet working in the released version of emm.

- indy5 - 2009-05-20

Nul7, do you plan on uploading the latest exe soon? I'd like to test out some of the changes and let you know how it went.

Great app so far!

- nul7 - 2009-05-20

blaize Wrote:how does the update database function work ?

thanks!

You did it right, but as olympia mentioned, it's not working in the current release. It is fixed for the next version with support for username and password as well.

indy5 Wrote:Nul7, do you plan on uploading the latest exe soon? I'd like to test out some of the changes and let you know how it went.

Great app so far!

Wink

nul7 Wrote:Just FYI to anyone following this thread. I should have the next release out tonight. Here is the changelog so far:

Quote: * Feature: Custom genres
* Feature(?): Startup Wizard for new users and updated versions
* Fix: Manual Editor not saving
* Fix: Begin XBMC update process actually works this time.
* Change: Resolution to descriptor logic, again
* Change: Some tweaks to how the Manual Editor is handled
* Change: Support for a m2ts, dvr-ms, and m4v
* Change: Tweaks to IMDB search results GUI
* Change: Some minor clean up and streamlining of some functions
* Change: Support for VIDEO_TS
* Change: "No Information Available" message if movie doesn't have nfo, poster, or fanart
* Change: Allow changing poster/fanart from movie editor even if overwrite poster/fanart is not enabled
* Change: A few more steps to getting EMM to work on Linux w/ Mono

So not a whole lot going on in this release I guess. I want to test a few things with running EMM on Linux and make any changes that are necessary to get it to at least start up and get the basics working. I think in its current code state everything should work aside from frame extraction and maybe media info, but I'm working on a work around for the media info stuff.

I did a lot of changes to the paths for this version. Luckily olympia is testing the SVN version and finding all my mistakes and I'm fixing them as he reports them. Maybe this time I won't have to make 50 releases in 30 minutes because of stupid mistakes!! lol

- TheBurner - 2009-05-21

Are there any plans to be able to run this via command line? Id love to be able to run via a shell from work on my linux htpc Smile Getting real work done at work

- nul7 - 2009-05-21

TheBurner Wrote:Are there any plans to be able to run this via command line? Id love to be able to run via a shell from work on my linux htpc Smile Getting real work done at work

Not at the moment, but feel free to add a feature request on the google code page and there may be a day when I have nothing left to do....

- davegregoire - 2009-05-21

I have issues and I admit I am a complete newb to svn. I can't get it to work with either smartSVN or TortoiseSVN. I can't add the repository and Im not sure what Im doing wrong. For tortoise I create a folder and right click, goto import and paste the URL you listed on the first page

http://embermediamanager.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ embermediamanager-read-only

but it asks for a password. I am using r59 and for some reason it does not scrape posters or fanart. When I scrape a movie the information pulls but when I click on poster or fanart, there is nothing listed and the box to re-scrape poster is greyed out and I can only browse for a local poster or fanart. Any ideas?

- nul7 - 2009-05-21

davegregoire Wrote:I have issues and I admit I am a complete newb to svn. I can't get it to work with either smartSVN or TortoiseSVN. I can't add the repository and Im not sure what Im doing wrong. For tortoise I create a folder and right click, goto import and paste the URL you listed on the first page

http://embermediamanager.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ embermediamanager-read-only

but it asks for a password. I am using r59 and for some reason it does not scrape posters or fanart. When I scrape a movie the information pulls but when I click on poster or fanart, there is nothing listed and the box to re-scrape poster is greyed out and I can only browse for a local poster or fanart. Any ideas?

You need to go to settings and enable one of the servers to download posters from to fix your problem in r59.

For the SVN, you're not importing (that would be if you need to import the files in the folder into the SVN) you need to checkout first, then update whenever you want to update to the newest version of the code.

- davegregoire - 2009-05-21

I am a fool, and you are the master. Still can't setup the repository, but didn't even notice the second tab in the movies settings and now it works like a charm. Love the program, clean and professional. A+

- steve1977 - 2009-05-21

nul7 Wrote:* Change: A few more steps to getting EMM to work on Linux w/ Mono

Thanks. Has anyone experience running it on Mac OSX? If yes, how and what do I need to do?

- nul7 - 2009-05-21

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks. Has anyone experience running it on Mac OSX? If yes, how and what do I need to do?

I think it should run on Mac with mono, as well.

- nul7 - 2009-05-21

davegregoire Wrote:I am a fool, and you are the master. Still can't setup the repository, but didn't even notice the second tab in the movies settings and now it works like a charm. Love the program, clean and professional. A+

lol Thanks... easy to overlook the second tab. Not sure how I can do that differently.